IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mark Basile

Old 15th December 2015, 06:26 AM   #321
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
The only question now is how much beer and weed, was bought with the $5000?
That reveals more about the questioner than the person in question.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 06:38 AM   #322
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
Really since I don't smoke weed, or drink any more how is that?

I would note you have not offered to do an inert gas test of your own of the red grey chips
Why do you wait on Basile why not test your own Ideas yourself?

I could build you an vacuum chamber out of two inch pipe, with a plexiglass window.

I could build you a crude vacuum pump too, if you don't have your own, why not put your Ideas too your own tests?

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 15th December 2015 at 06:42 AM.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 07:25 AM   #323
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Awww check out http://markbasile.org/

"Welcome to
Markbasil.org

This Domain expired on 12/10/15"

Whoops!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 08:24 AM   #324
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post
"Welcome to
Markbasil.org

Whoops!
Nothing left out of the $5000 for domain registration fees then?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 08:53 AM   #325
pgimeno
Illuminator

Still available at the original URL: http://aneta.org/markbasile_org/

http://markbasile.org/ was just a wrapper that enclosed the above URL.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 09:24 AM   #326
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by pgimeno View Post
Still available at the original URL: http://aneta.org/markbasile_org/

http://markbasile.org/ was just a wrapper that enclosed the above URL.
Whatever way you measure it, Mark Basile's site is still out there.

That old linkage was an unnecessary expense.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 09:36 AM   #327
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Whatever way you measure it, Mark Basile's site is still out there.

When will we see a nessisary expense, to keep his promises?
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 09:39 AM   #328
Spanx
Master Poster

Just like the expense of sending samples to an independent lab
Spanx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 10:51 AM   #329
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

This is something one says when they are afraid of answering a query.

Why are you a coward that doesn't answer questions?
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 01:44 PM   #330
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

"Welcome to
Markbasil.org

Whoops!
The domain is owned by Rick Shaddock. It was updated today:
http://whois.domaintools.com/markbasile.org
Rick has registered more than 200 domains. This is not the first time that one expired its annual lease and it took Rick a few days to fix that. Nothing dramatic to see here.
Old 15th December 2015, 07:14 PM   #331
ozeco41
Philosopher

"Welcome to
Markbasil.org

Whoops!
And just to make sure this Aussie isn't confused - can I take that 12/10/15 to mean 10th December 2015?

(Comments about US date notation deleted. )

(I still need to remember that 9/11 means 11 Sept NOT 9 Nov..... after 8 years on forums. )

Comments about the "41" and old-timers memories expected....

Last edited by ozeco41; 15th December 2015 at 07:16 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th December 2015, 07:28 PM   #332
ozeco41
Philosopher

The domain is owned by Rick Shaddock. It was updated today:
http://whois.domaintools.com/markbasile.org
Rick has registered more than 200 domains. This is not the first time that one expired its annual lease and it took Rick a few days to fix that. Nothing dramatic to see here.
Yes - it is common. There is a delay period for late bill payers before the registration is finally terminated. 30 days from memory but that could vary with different registration agencies.

Happened to me with my domain a couple of times over the 12 years - the only clue was when no emails came for a couple of days.

I tend to use my own server for any graphics I include in posts. Expediency when I started it Nov 2007. If I ever shut down the server/domain there are about 40000 posts on 6 or more forums that will lose the pretty piccies.

This was my first graphic:

- a year and a half before "ROOSD"
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st January 2016, 07:34 AM   #333
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Bump.

Quote:
The $5000 in funds have been raised.
We are waiting for the transfer from the first project manager (M.B.)
Seem like this is the last update. If Mark is not doing the study, who else has access to the chips that's willing to allow them to be studied? It doesn't sound like Mark is going to supply the chips.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2016, 08:49 AM   #334
traxy
Critical Thinker

Another non update from Basile's page yesterday:

Mark received a new dust sample a couple of months ago and I know he started some work picking out things to study, meaning chips etc, and I know he continues to study samples in his spare time. He helped Richard Gage et al out at a recent conference, in Boston if I recall correctly, doing a couple of shifts at the AE911 booth, so he is still active in 911 truth, as much as time allows, and he did tell Richard that he is still working on the study. At the time he had not sent out samples for independent lab testing, but I do not know if something of that sort has happened since.

I can tell you that Mark will most likely not be giving us regular updates, in the form of little progress reports, as we had initially planned. It just seems as if keeping any kind of schedule is not really an option for Mark, presumably due to time constraints. He did say at some point a few months ago that he was planning to take a little vacation to sort out the study, but that has not happened yet, as far as I know...

It has always been extremely difficult to reach Mark but in recent months he has been even more reclusive than normal, and I suspect that a series of email/phone calling spamming from people I won´t mention is responsible for that.

We will certainly notify our readers whenever we have something...and I would love to be able to give you some sort of a promise for results within a certain time-frame but I will have to refrain given past experience..

Last autumn Mark sounded like he was about to make a big push to get things done but then some things got in the way, and again he indicated to Richard in Boston that he is about to get things done...but still no news.

Personally I am fairly optimistic that he will have results for us this year, but I am not making any promises.

I hope this helps.

This year???
traxy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2016, 09:21 AM   #335
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Originally Posted by traxy View Post

Mark received a new dust sample a couple of months ago and I know he started some work picking out things to study, meaning chips etc, and I know he continues to study samples in his spare time. He helped Richard Gage et al out at a recent conference, in Boston if I recall correctly, doing a couple of shifts at the AE911 booth, so he is still active in 911 truth, as much as time allows, and he did tell Richard that he is still working on the study. At the time he had not sent out samples for independent lab testing, but I do not know if something of that sort has happened since.

I can tell you that Mark will most likely not be giving us regular updates, in the form of little progress reports, as we had initially planned. It just seems as if keeping any kind of schedule is not really an option for Mark, presumably due to time constraints. He did say at some point a few months ago that he was planning to take a little vacation to sort out the study, but that has not happened yet, as far as I know...

It has always been extremely difficult to reach Mark but in recent months he has been even more reclusive than normal, and I suspect that a series of email/phone calling spamming from people I won´t mention is responsible for that.

We will certainly notify our readers whenever we have something...and I would love to be able to give you some sort of a promise for results within a certain time-frame but I will have to refrain given past experience..

Last autumn Mark sounded like he was about to make a big push to get things done but then some things got in the way, and again he indicated to Richard in Boston that he is about to get things done...but still no news.

Personally I am fairly optimistic that he will have results for us this year, but I am not making any promises.

I hope this helps.

This year???
This is pure gold!

So a truther supposedly has evidence that could break this conspiracy wide open but can't be bothered to send this evidence to a lab for it to be tested and has had 5 years to do so!

Twoofers have to be one of the most incompetent groups I've ever come across. These clowns couldn't even run a popsicle stand.
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2016, 03:22 PM   #336
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post

So a truther supposedly has evidence that could break this conspiracy wide open but can't be bothered to send this evidence to a lab for it to be tested and has had 5 years to do so!

Twoofers have to be one of the most incompetent groups I've ever come across. These clowns couldn't even run a popsicle stand.
Maybe Basile, for all these years, has been working on a cure for cancer? Or could it be that he first subjected one of the paint nanothermite chips to a simple inert atmosphere ignition test, and it failed?
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd February 2016, 03:44 PM   #337
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Redwood View Post
Maybe Basile, for all these years, has been working on a cure for cancer? Or could it be that he first subjected one of the paint nanothermite chips to a simple inert atmosphere ignition test, and it failed?
Could it be the free beer and weed money is already spent?
Old 3rd February 2016, 03:58 PM   #338
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by traxy View Post

Any idea who this message is from?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2016, 01:18 PM   #339
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I can't believe this thread fell off the first page. I suppose with all the new things coming out of the 9/11 "truth movement" some updates fall through the cracks..........

There's still this curious statement on the update page:

Quote:
The $5000 in funds have been raised.
We are waiting for the transfer from the first project manager (M.B.)
http://markbasile.org/

Last edited by DGM; 24th March 2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:03 PM   #340
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I can't believe this thread fell off the first page. I suppose with all the new things coming out of the 9/11 "truth movement" some updates fall through the cracks..........

There's still this curious statement on the update page:

http://markbasile.org/
Ants and Roaches will be Launching and flying space shuttles before Basile does another test on Nano BS.
Old 25th March 2016, 03:59 AM   #341
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Over 2 years and still nothing. I wonder if this now constitutes fraud. Basile has taken money but delivered nothing. Shouldn't he be looking to return the cash to the people who sent it in the first place?

It also shows you how little truthers actually care about getting independent analysis done. They scream blue murder about debunkers not doing experiments, but when one of their own obtains enough money to get this done, yet refuses to do so, they are oddly quiet even when they have lost money.

It's about time a truther asked Basile for their money back. Anyone know what the legal situation regarding fraud is?
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2016, 04:31 AM   #342
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
Anyone know what the legal situation regarding fraud is?
I cannot be specific BUT fraud requires a deliberate intent to secure an unlawful gain. i.e. possession of the money. I doubt it could be shown that the original intent was to obtain the money and not perform the analysis. What we see is extended delay but no expression of concern about the delay from the parties involved and no call from the donors for return of the money .

Although most jurisdictions recognise both criminal fraud and civil fraud I don't see any DA or DPP taking criminal action in this scenario.

So all we seem to have at this stage is a failure to meet a contractual obligation. Within what seems to have been an implied time frame. (I'm running on memory - we may have more details but I haven't checked.)

Whether fraud or none completion of contract the remedies lie in tort in the civil jurisdiction - and the parties with standing to take action are the persons who provided the funds. AKA the ball is in their court.
Old 25th March 2016, 05:02 AM   #343
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
AKA the ball is in their court.
Truthers, don't understand Newtonian physics well enough to play ball.

They are like permanent bench warmers, because action might end in defeat.
Old 25th March 2016, 06:31 AM   #344
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Truthers, don't understand Newtonian physics well enough to play ball.

They are like permanent bench warmers, because action might end in defeat.
Both well put!

I agree with ozeco that it would be difficult to prove the intention part of fraud. There was, to my knowledge, never a specific time frame or due date that Basile committed himself to. Suggestion about how long things might take, hopes and expectations, but always with the caveat implied that you can never know what problems you might run into.

I am not even sure that Basile is under a contractual obligation.

We do not really know the donors.
  • Rick Shaddock apparently is a donor. A few hundreds of dollars, I guess
  • David Griscom donated the money Rick gave him for "winning" one of the past uncontested "physics challenges", iirc - I forgot the amount, coukd have been as much as $1000
  • Rick has mentioned to me the name of the biggest donor ($1500 or something like that), but I'd have to check if that is in the public domain, or from private communication.
Those three amount to around $3000, if my recollection isn't blown up. Much of the rest probably an assortment of smaller donors.
If they don't pursue Basile legally, no one will.

But it's an asset.
I have a feeling that a slowly growing number of influential truthers has already started scaling back the emphasize of the "nanothermite evidence" amongst their weaponry, as it seems to be dawning on them that it is much less solid than they used to believe.
Old 25th March 2016, 06:50 AM   #345
ozeco41
Philosopher

Both well put!

I agree with ozeco that it would be difficult to prove the intention part of fraud. There was, to my knowledge, never a specific time frame or due date that Basile committed himself to. Suggestion about how long things might take, hopes and expectations, but always with the caveat implied that you can never know what problems you might run into.

I am not even sure that Basile is under a contractual obligation.
The common law elements of contract seem to be present. - offer, acceptance and some valuable consideration which makes it binding.

That assumes two things:
1) The "deal" was direct between the donors and Basile - no intervening "agent"; AND
2) The proof of contract has not been altered by statute in whatever jurisdiction the action would be taken. (Probably Basile's home state.)

Last edited by ozeco41; 25th March 2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 25th March 2016, 07:52 AM   #346
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The common law elements of contract seem to be present. - offer, acceptance and some valuable consideration which makes it binding.

That assumes two things:
1) The "deal" was direct between the donors and Basile - no intervening "agent"; AND
2) The proof of contract has not been altered by statute in whatever jurisdiction the action would be taken. (Probably Basile's home state.)
I am not exactly sure what the content of the offer was, whether the donors conclusively accepted the content of that offer by donating, and whether the consideration meets the requirements of a common law contract:
"In common law it is a prerequisite that both parties offer consideration before a contract can be thought of as binding."[WP]

What happened here is Basile announcing publicly - but through a website administeed by Shaddock, and blogs by others (JM Talboo etc), that he would hire external labs and have them do certain tests specifically listed once he has $5000. Now people, some of them probably anonymous, donated money. Basile did not promise them a legal benefit. Is a donation not a kind of gift?

We are here looking at a crowdfunding initiative, with Rick Shaddock being the moderator (although I heard that some of the money went directly to an account in Basile's possession, Basile did not himself communicate this, afaik). Unfortunately, WP does not discuss the contractual topology of crowdfunding:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding
Old 25th March 2016, 08:49 AM   #347
ozeco41
Philosopher

I am not exactly sure what the content of the offer was, whether the donors conclusively accepted the content of that offer by donating, and whether the consideration meets the requirements of a common law contract:
"In common law it is a prerequisite that both parties offer consideration before a contract can be thought of as binding."[WP]
Yes - provide a service for a fee.

What happened here is Basile announcing publicly - but through a website administeed by Shaddock, and blogs by others (JM Talboo etc), that he would hire external labs and have them do certain tests specifically listed once he has $5000. Now people, some of them probably anonymous, donated money. Basile did not promise them a legal benefit.
That is what I hinted at by "direct" and "agent". AKA who was the "deal" with/between.
Is a donation not a kind of gift?
Could be - the status is detail specific.
We are here looking at a crowdfunding initiative, with Rick Shaddock being the moderator (although I heard that some of the money went directly to an account in Basile's possession, Basile did not himself communicate this, afaik). Unfortunately, WP does not discuss the contractual topology of crowdfunding:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding
My point about statute in the relevant jurisdiction. I didn't even refer to my law books which are all AU except a couple on US constitutional law .
Old 25th March 2016, 09:12 AM   #348
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

No need to dive deeper here, I think.
My remark "I am not even sure that Basile is under a contractual obligation" remains standing, but I note your comments, appreciating the fact that you have some formal training plus lifelong exposure to a common law jurisdiction, both of which I lack.
Can we agree on "Basile is probably under a contractual obligation to eventually deliver the lab tests, but there's a chance that, owing to details of the case or the legal specifics in his jurisdiction (New Hampshire, iirc), he may be not"? And anyway, this won't be tested in a court unless any donors take it to court, which is unlikely to happen. Something about eyes and crows...
Old 25th March 2016, 11:20 AM   #349
ozeco41
Philosopher

No need to dive deeper here, I think.
True - we have exhausted speculating on near zero evidence.
My remark "I am not even sure that Basile is under a contractual obligation" remains standing, but I note your comments, appreciating the fact that you have some formal training plus lifelong exposure to a common law jurisdiction, both of which I lack.
Can we agree on "Basile is probably under a contractual obligation to eventually deliver the lab tests, but there's a chance that, owing to details of the case or the legal specifics in his jurisdiction (New Hampshire, iirc), he may be not"? And anyway, this won't be tested in a court unless any donors take it to court, which is unlikely to happen. Something about eyes and crows...
Near enough.

(I would leave the "probably" as "could be" until we are sure that Basile himself made the deals. )

Last edited by ozeco41; 25th March 2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 25th March 2016, 03:44 PM   #350
Sunstealer
Illuminator

Thanks folks. I think Basile's study is in effect dead and buried.
Sunstealer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2016, 04:11 PM   #351
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

To throw a little conspiracy into this thread. When was the last or the first time Mark actually posted or confirmed his involvement in this project? I'm talking about actual communication. I've seen lots of post from people saying they talked to him but when was his last confirmed statement?

Ziggy took over as his spokesperson over a year ago no one knows how he got appointed to that position.

Odd how the people that paid the money don't wonder about these things.

Last edited by DGM; 25th March 2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 25th March 2016, 05:07 PM   #352
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

To throw a little conspiracy into this thread. When was the last or the first time Mark actually posted or confirmed his involvement in this project? I'm talking about actual communication. I've seen lots of post from people saying they talked to him but when was his last confirmed statement?

Ziggy took over as his spokesperson over a year ago no one knows how he got appointed to that position.

Odd how the people that paid the money don't wonder about these things.
How would it be odd, they are truthers, they give to Gage and Cole, the quality of truthers has fallen every month, now we are down to the rotten pits at the bottom of the barrel.
Old 25th March 2016, 10:00 PM   #353
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
Thanks folks. I think Basile's study is in effect dead and buried.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:48 PM   #354
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Bump.

Just to keep it on the first page. I'm sure at this point "truthers" just want to forget about this fail.

Old 15th April 2016, 10:12 PM   #355
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Bump.

Just to keep it on the first page. I'm sure at this point "truthers" just want to forget about this fail.
I'm sure FalseFlag and Criteria will share all the details with us, after all their time is limited and I'm sure this is a top priority as they fight for a new investigation.

We should be getting an update any day now.
Old 15th April 2016, 10:24 PM   #356
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
I'm sure FalseFlag and Criteria will share all the details with us, after all their time is limited and I'm sure this is a top priority as they fight for a new investigation.

We should be getting an update any day now.
FF persists in denying "Due Process" and "Rule of Law" - so there is no way he can support a new investigation - either by his rules which self destruct OR by "OUR" rules which he denies.

He's caught - hoist by his own petard - either way. Is that "Catch 22?" If so he put himself into it.
Old 16th April 2016, 12:24 AM   #357
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

FF persists in denying "Due Process" and "Rule of Law" - so there is no way he can support a new investigation - either by his rules which self destruct OR by "OUR" rules which he denies.

He's caught - hoist by his own petard - either way. Is that "Catch 22?" If so he put himself into it.
It's more "Argument Clinic".
Old 16th April 2016, 01:02 AM   #358
ozeco41
Philosopher

Good one. With the rapidly declining quantity and quality of 9/11 debate - maybe Monty Python is a clue to my next hobby.
Old 16th April 2016, 01:03 AM   #359
Georgio
Muse

No it isn't. (Had to say it )
Old 16th April 2016, 01:09 AM   #360
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
No it isn't. (Had to say it )
Yes it is.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories