IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , 911 debunking resources , 911 links , wtc , wtc 7

Old 27th May 2007, 03:31 AM   #81
oxfordrocks
New Blood

Ha Ha...Thanks Gravy, these links are priceless.
Lucky it's a bank holiday and I've got plenty of time on my hands.
Keep up the good work.
oxfordrocks is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2007, 01:20 PM   #82
The Demon's Head
Crime cannot be tolerated

Glad to see debunking sites that have been given a 'Sticky' at the top of the page. Maybe the theorists will take a look at the sites before bringing some of the more rehashed conspiracy theories to this part of the forum.

The Demon's Head is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:49 AM   #83
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Gravy have you ever seen this interesting elevator layout. From my understanding however it is an early design. Not the finalized version.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...-page146rb.png
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd June 2007, 03:43 AM   #84
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Yes, it's a good overview but it doesn't offer anything new over the more detailed elevations recently released.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:43 PM   #85
Kent1
Graduate Poster

Does this help. Here's another good video of WTC7. Some of this is footage is repeat, but there is also some new stuff mixed in here also.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43352916&hl=en

Then combine with this. And its gets very interesting.
http://wtc.nist.gov/media/Scheuerman...entDec2006.pdf

Last edited by Kent1; 5th June 2007 at 12:47 PM.
Kent1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 01:03 PM   #86
cohen avshalom
Scholar

there is connection between the

there is connection between the-organize -black September-terror group from the 70-80(plo)-and the killing of 11 athlete-on the Munich Olympic game???

cohen avshalom charly
israel-haifa
www.icarus5.com
cohen avshalom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:16 PM   #87
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by cohen avshalom View Post
there is connection between the-organize -black September-terror group from the 70-80(plo)-and the killing of 11 athlete-on the Munich Olympic game???

cohen avshalom charly
israel-haifa
www.icarus5.com
Err... hasn't it been established for decades that the '72 Munich massacre was carried out by the Palestinian group Black September? I don't think it was ever in dispute. What's this have to do with 9/11?
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 05:44 PM   #88
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Slayhamlet View Post
Err... hasn't it been established for decades that the '72 Munich massacre was carried out by the Palestinian group Black September? I don't think it was ever in dispute. What's this have to do with 9/11?
He underlined it for you. Don't you see? Don't you SEE???

(He's a numerology guy, apparently)
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th June 2007, 06:05 PM   #89
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
He underlined it for you. Don't you see? Don't you SEE???

(He's a numerology guy, apparently)
Yes, now I can SEE it clearly! How could I not SEE it before??? 9/11 INSIDE JOB LOL!!

Oh, good grief...
Slayhamlet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th June 2007, 11:48 AM   #90
cohen avshalom
Scholar

this is not lol

this is not lol-because ben laden-using point from the history in his action-i am very sure that he will work from algiria-north africa-and make the next step of him-in french and itealy-in the same time.-more accuracy (south french+and north itealy-what will be the date-see the day french was retreat of algiria(60 th)
sorry a bout my english.

cohen avshalom charly
isreal/haifa
www.icarus5.com
cohen avshalom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2007, 02:33 PM   #91
Viper Daimao
Critical Thinker

Gravy- I see you included Frank Greening and Zdenek Bazant and others' paper called "Collapse of World Trade Center Towers: What Did and Did Not Cause It".

However the link doesn't work anymore. I fear I may have caused this as I submitted it on digg and it got to the front page. I would guess it started using up too much bandwidth and NWU took it down. Do you know of any other links or know when the next draft will be out?
Viper Daimao is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th June 2007, 10:36 AM   #92
Sin City Teacher
Student

Very nice Gravy.

-A conspiracy theorist that tries to poke holes in what happened on 9/11 is like a creationist that tries to poke holes in evolution.
Sin City Teacher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2007, 11:09 PM   #93
BillyRayValentine
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Kent1 View Post
When Bermas is talking to Abby Scott he also talks about something else.
He mentions bomb claims and a huge explosion in WTC7 on the 8th floor.
It's impossible to watch that video and not get the sense you're seeing severe mental illness at work. At least among the leaders, anyway. The "troops", as it were, are another story. Not the sharpest tools in the shed, but tools nonetheless.

That Bermas cretin, though...what a despicable piece of trash. I feel sorry for his parents.
BillyRayValentine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2007, 11:33 PM   #94
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Viper Daimao View Post
Gravy- I see you included Frank Greening and Zdenek Bazant and others' paper called "Collapse of World Trade Center Towers: What Did and Did Not Cause It".

However the link doesn't work anymore. I fear I may have caused this as I submitted it on digg and it got to the front page. I would guess it started using up too much bandwidth and NWU took it down. Do you know of any other links or know when the next draft will be out?
Sorry, I just noticed this. Thanks for pointing it out. Here's the working link: http://www.civil.northwestern.edu/pe...%206-22-07.pdf
Old 11th July 2007, 09:51 PM   #95
anticonspiracy911
Critical Thinker

Gravy,

Add this excellent link to your logic and critical thinking section.

Propaganda and Debating Techniques: http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-propaganda.html
anticonspiracy911 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2007, 10:53 AM   #96
Twilek
Thinker

Oooh cool, another interesting link to e-mail home to myself for later reading.

You guys sure keep me busy. Thanks!
Old 13th July 2007, 05:58 AM   #97
Obviousman
Muse

Do you have arguments for and against Jeff King's "analysis"?

Little White Lies.......
Obviousman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2007, 12:00 PM   #98
BillyRayValentine
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Obviousman View Post
Is this the analysis by "Jeff King, MIT Engineer" (who, uh, graduated with a degree in electrical engineering, went to medical school, and has been a small-town family doctor since the 1970's)?
BillyRayValentine is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2007, 06:37 PM   #99
Obviousman
Muse

Yep.

Little White Lies.......
Obviousman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th July 2007, 02:57 AM   #100
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by anticonspiracy911 View Post
Gravy,

Add this excellent link to your logic and critical thinking section.

Propaganda and Debating Techniques: http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-propaganda.html
Done. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Obviousman View Post
I haven't read his stuff. I heard a radio interview in which he posited WTC destruction via directed energy weapons, and tuned him out after that. I don't think I've seen his name mentioned in the past year, so his influence seems to have evaporated like so much structural steel.
Old 16th July 2007, 04:01 AM   #101
Obviousman
Muse

It was brought up on another board; his claims that there was not enough potential energy to "pulverize" concrete into dust.

I wanted to read up on the pros (if any) and cons of his argument, but I normally just run into truther sites. I wanted to see see a critical analysis of his claims.

Thanks!

Little White Lies.......
Old 16th July 2007, 04:12 AM   #102
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

That argument usually has two aspects, which were popularized by Jim Hoffman:

1. The claim that a very high percentage of tower concrete was pulverized into very fine powder.

2. The claim that the towers contained insufficient GPE to do that work.

The most thorough refutation of this argument that I know of is Frank Greening's (Apollo 20 here): http://www.911myths.com/WTCONC1.pdf
Old 16th July 2007, 10:00 AM   #103
Max Photon
Graduate Poster

Max thanks Gravy for his 9/11 links

---

Gravy,

Your collection of links in your first post is awesome.

It is obviously from the heart, and I respect that.

(It is also hella-useful!)

Thanks,

Max

---
Max Photon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th July 2007, 03:59 AM   #104
Obviousman
Muse

Ta - appreciate the link.

Little White Lies.......
Old 18th July 2007, 12:54 PM   #105
MikeW
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
I haven't read his stuff. I heard a radio interview in which he posited WTC destruction via directed energy weapons, and tuned him out after that. I don't think I've seen his name mentioned in the past year, so his influence seems to have evaporated like so much structural steel.
Jeff King's site is http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.kin...ome.html-.html . Nothing revolutionary, but worth a look just to familiarise yourself with what he believes (and most of his arguments are very familiar, anyway).
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2007, 04:14 PM   #106
RedIbis
Philosopher

Since this is my first day here I expect to get my requisite jref beating. I'll take it like a man. I do have questions about the official story. I don't know if that makes me a twoofer, crazy, a commie, or what, but I've studied the official explanations, as well as alternative explanations.

I'll apologize in advance for asking all of the questions asked a thousand times on here.
RedIbis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2007, 01:08 AM   #107
ref
Master Poster

Welcome, RedIbis

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2007, 03:20 PM   #108
Grimlorn
Scholar

Is there any footage of a piece of the airplane hitting wtc7? I think someone mentioned that something from one of the airplanes hit it, thats why it came on fire. I just find it odd that I heard about the 2 world trade center buildings being hit but never heard about the third. Although I was in highschool the day it happened.
Grimlorn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2007, 02:28 AM   #109
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
Is there any footage of a piece of the airplane hitting wtc7? I think someone mentioned that something from one of the airplanes hit it, thats why it came on fire. I just find it odd that I heard about the 2 world trade center buildings being hit but never heard about the third. Although I was in highschool the day it happened.
WTC 7 was hit by falling debris from the collapsing towers, not any aircraft. It wasn't on fire until the building debris damaged the structure.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2007, 07:40 AM   #110
Grimlorn
Scholar

Is there any footage showing this or some sources on the 9/11 that talk about this?

I'm kind of curious how a fire can transfer from building to building like that.
Grimlorn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2007, 09:28 AM   #111
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Although some flaming debris certainly did head towards WTC 7, both from the aircraft impacts and the collapses, the assumption is that the fires started because of the massive damage done to WTC 7 by the collapses. A fire alarm went off in WTC 7 at 10:00, just after the collapse of the south tower. Most of the damage to WTC 7 was done by the north tower.

You'll see a link to my site about WTC 7, with photos and links to videos, at the site linked in my signature – which is what this thread is about.
Old 27th July 2007, 04:10 PM   #112
Grimlorn
Scholar

Yeah you have a lot of data and sites, which is good, but for someone like me who just has specific questions and things I'm looking for its really hard to find stuff.

Also a little off subject, but I saw a map and apparently WTC6 was inbetween WTC7 and 1. I know 6 was a lot shorter than 1 and 7 but did it get damaged or destroyed at all?
Old 27th July 2007, 06:06 PM   #113
Slayhamlet
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Grimlorn View Post
Yeah you have a lot of data and sites, which is good, but for someone like me who just has specific questions and things I'm looking for its really hard to find stuff.

Also a little off subject, but I saw a map and apparently WTC6 was inbetween WTC7 and 1. I know 6 was a lot shorter than 1 and 7 but did it get damaged or destroyed at all?
6 WTC:

It did not suffer total collapse, but the damage was so extensive that it had to be torn down completely.
Old 27th July 2007, 07:26 PM   #114
Grimlorn
Scholar

Thanks.

Wow thats pretty much how I thought it would look. I'm guessing if something steel was hot enough or some kind of building material was on fire and fell through one of the windows and caught some paperwork or whatever on fire it would cause that.
Old 31st July 2007, 06:14 AM   #115
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Anybody notice those round death ray beam marks on that building?
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2007, 08:56 AM   #116
Grimlorn
Scholar

Yeah it looks like a satellite shot right through the building. It probably has nothing do do with millions of pounds falling down on it.
Old 1st August 2007, 06:40 PM   #117
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Hey guys! This is my first time here. I've been using YouTube alot and debating with moronic 9/11 Truthers and conspiracy theorist. I go by the screen name "WhyAskQuestions". Of course there's some here that know me and I know them.

Mark does a fantastic job at debunking the conspiracists claims. Great Job there Mark (Gravy). I've seen his debunking videos and they're hilarious and comical. I can't contain myself from laughing at the conspiracists.

Here's a quote that I kind of made:

"Arguing with a 9/11 Truther or Conspiracy Theorist is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if they win, they're still retarded."
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:16 AM   #118
Dabljuh
Muse

Why's the WTC building 7 falling straight down, rather than toppling over, when it was damaged only on one side?

Why did the fires in WTC building 7 start? Was there a fire in building 6, which was, unlike 7, really crushed by the debris?

Last edited by Dabljuh; 2nd August 2007 at 09:19 AM.
Dabljuh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2007, 12:41 PM   #119
9/11 Chewy Defense
Banned

Dabljuh, do yourself a favor and please open your eyes, research the pictures and the evidence.

Asking a bunch of questions over and over again about WTC7 isn't getting you conspiracists any where.

"Arguing with a 9/11 Truther or Conspiracy Theorist is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if they win, they're still retarded."
9/11 Chewy Defense is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2007, 01:03 PM   #120
Dabljuh
Muse

Originally Posted by ThereIsNoConspiracy View Post
Dabljuh, do yourself a favor and please open your eyes, research the pictures and the evidence.

Asking a bunch of questions over and over again about WTC7 isn't getting you conspiracists any where.

I note a distinct absence of argument in your post, instead, I get childish insults. If you don't know the answers to my questions, you don't have to give a pointless response just so you can hear yourself talking. That's just... babbling.
Dabljuh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories