ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 17th January 2019, 07:53 AM   #1
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ USA. We Don't Like You Either
Posts: 7,573
Peeping Tom Gets Worked By Homeowner

In the Great State of Florida, Geoffrey Cassidy was allegedly caught peeping in a window, masturbating while looking in at a teenage girl getting changed. The girl's father, former NFL defensive back Tony Beckham, saw him and chased him down 'had a good conversation with him'. Cassidy was treated for multiple broken bones. Cassidy was arrested and charged. Beckham was not.

So while I am inclined to applaud this, it does smack of vigilantism and revenge beating. Is there some interpretation of Florida law where this 'conversation' was legally justified?

https://www.local10.com/news/florida...ughters-window
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 08:30 AM   #2
baron
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,627
I couldn't care less about the guy, but it seems like an overreaction to me.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 08:40 AM   #3
ahhell
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,287
Originally Posted by baron View Post
I couldn't care less about the guy, but it seems like an overreaction to me.
It is, but I totally understand.

They should both get arrested, if I were a judge or on the jury, i'd probably go pretty easy on the line backer, though I would certainly find him guilty of something.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 08:55 AM   #4
Whip
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,414
it would become a he said - he said in court unless there was some type of video proving the peeping I would imagine. we had a creep around here that would let his dog off the leash so he could 'chase' it and look in our windows.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:07 AM   #5
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,115
Originally Posted by baron View Post
I couldn't care less about the guy, but it seems like an overreaction to me.
In general, I'm inclined to let this be a matter of personal preference for individual householders.

If you ever find someone trespassing on your property sexually pleasuring themselves while they spy on your naked child, and you think it would be an overreaction to chase them down and beat them up... Then don't do it. I won't make you do it, and I won't argue for a law that would make you do it.

I will, however, hope for a legal system that allows a little leeway for householders who don't think it's an overreaction to act on their personal preference in such matters.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:11 AM   #6
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster
 
lobosrul5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,637
If being a 'peeping tom' is a misdemeanor rather than a felony in Florida, then the 'peeping tom' would've been perfectly justified in shooting Geoffrey Cassidy to death under their Stand Your Ground legislation. Just something to think about before chasing someone down to beat them up in Florida.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:13 AM   #7
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 17,559
Funny how certain posters magical ability to craft alternative universe scenarios why actions are okay seems to have evaporated in this thread. I can't imagine what the difference is.
__________________
- "Ernest Hemingway once wrote that the world is a fine place and worth fighting for. I agree with the second part." - Detective Sommerset
- "Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
- "To the best of my knowledge the only thing philosophy has ever proven is that Descartes could think." - SMBC
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:14 AM   #8
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
"masturbating while looking in at a teenage girl getting changed"

That's well beyond a mere peeping tom, and I can't imagine any prosecutor in the USA that would bring any charges against the father of the girl.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:14 AM   #9
baron
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,627
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
In general, I'm inclined to let this be a matter of personal preference for individual householders.

If you ever find someone trespassing on your property sexually pleasuring themselves while they spy on your naked child, and you think it would be an overreaction to chase them down and beat them up... Then don't do it. I won't make you do it, and I won't argue for a law that would make you do it.

I will, however, hope for a legal system that allows a little leeway for householders who don't think it's an overreaction to act on their personal preference in such matters.
Sure, he brought it on himself. I can't get worked up about it.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:15 AM   #10
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,115
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Funny how certain posters magical ability to craft alternative universe scenarios why actions are okay seems to have evaporated in this thread. I can't imagine what the difference is.
Have you considered citing one of the posts you have in mind, and asking the poster what the difference is?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:23 AM   #11
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ USA. We Don't Like You Either
Posts: 7,573
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Have you considered citing one of the posts you have in mind, and asking the poster what the difference is?
You mean that making snide passive aggressive comments to no one in particular complaining about postings having evaporated by freaking post number six needs clarification?
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 09:24 AM   #12
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
The perp had a black eye and facial fractures, so the father must have punched him in the face to subdue him and hold him for police.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:07 AM   #13
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,115
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
You mean that making snide passive aggressive comments to no one in particular complaining about postings having evaporated by freaking post number six needs clarification?
Sort of. I mean that Joe doesn't really do this forum any favors by his posting style.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:33 AM   #14
Stankeye
Critical Thinker
 
Stankeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 252
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
In the Great State of Florida, Geoffrey Cassidy was allegedly caught peeping in a window, masturbating while looking in at a teenage girl getting changed. The girl's father, former NFL defensive back Tony Beckham, saw him and chased him down 'had a good conversation with him'. Cassidy was treated for multiple broken bones. Cassidy was arrested and charged. Beckham was not.

So while I am inclined to applaud this, it does smack of vigilantism and revenge beating. Is there some interpretation of Florida law where this 'conversation' was legally justified?

https://www.local10.com/news/florida...ughters-window
This is what Gillette wants right?
Stankeye is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:33 AM   #15
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,245
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Funny how certain posters magical ability to craft alternative universe scenarios why actions are okay seems to have evaporated in this thread. I can't imagine what the difference is.
It's Florida. Chase him around to the backyard and then drown the perp in the pool.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:48 AM   #16
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity
 
Crossbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 12,618
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
In the Great State of Florida, Geoffrey Cassidy was allegedly caught peeping in a window, masturbating while looking in at a teenage girl getting changed. The girl's father, former NFL defensive back Tony Beckham, saw him and chased him down 'had a good conversation with him'. Cassidy was treated for multiple broken bones. Cassidy was arrested and charged. Beckham was not.

So while I am inclined to applaud this, it does smack of vigilantism and revenge beating. Is there some interpretation of Florida law where this 'conversation' was legally justified?

https://www.local10.com/news/florida...ughters-window
Well, ...

Considering that people in Florida have been legally exonerated for killing a person who is wearing the wrong color skin and the wrong types of clothes,

Then I expect that there are many Florida authorities who are not willing to waste a large amount of their staff time and money pursing a criminal case involving an unreasonable use of force on a Peeping Tom case.
__________________
On 22 JUL 2016, Candidate Donald Trump in his acceptance speech: "There can be no prosperity without law and order."
On 05 FEB 2019, President Donald Trump said in his Sate of the Union Address: "If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation."
On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:54 AM   #17
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,409
Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
If being a 'peeping tom' is a misdemeanor rather than a felony in Florida, then the 'peeping tom' would've been perfectly justified in shooting Geoffrey Cassidy to death under their Stand Your Ground legislation. Just something to think about before chasing someone down to beat them up in Florida.
"Stand your ground" allows someone to commit suicide? Really?
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:55 AM   #18
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster
 
lobosrul5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,637
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
"Stand your ground" allows someone to commit suicide? Really?
Ooops I thought Cassidy was the homeowner.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 10:59 AM   #19
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,409
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
"masturbating while looking in at a teenage girl getting changed"

That's well beyond a mere peeping tom, and I can't imagine any prosecutor in the USA that would bring any charges against the father of the girl.
Even if they did, I elect trial by jury, and make sure my lawyer gets plenty of soccer mums and football dads on the jury.

I will NOT be convicted.
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:03 AM   #20
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 4,245
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
"Stand your ground" allows someone to commit suicide? Really?
Like a reverse "Blazing Saddles". "Next man makes a move, the Master Debater gets it"
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:18 AM   #21
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,470
I wonder what the social commentary would be if the races were reversed. Some or many might consider it "excessive force fueled by racism" if a white father beat the crap out of a black guy for the same thing.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:34 AM   #22
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,115
In Texas, it's legal to shoot someone in the back as they're running away with your stuff. I'm okay with the idea that in Florida, it might be de facto permitted to savagely beat down a trespasser who's jerking off to your teenage daughter.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:35 AM   #23
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Even if they did, I elect trial by jury, and make sure my lawyer gets plenty of soccer mums and football dads on the jury.

I will NOT be convicted.
That was a joke, right?

(Soccer moms and football dads are sure to side with the football playing father, I would think.)
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:35 AM   #24
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,115
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
I wonder what the social commentary would be if the races were reversed. Some or many might consider it "excessive force fueled by racism" if a white father beat the crap out of a black guy for the same thing.
That's one thing I don't wonder about, and I'm thankful AF that it's not an issue in this thread.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:36 AM   #25
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
I wonder what the perps record looks like in Ohio?
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:41 AM   #26
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
In Texas, it's legal to shoot someone in the back as they're running away with your stuff. I'm okay with the idea that in Florida, it might be de facto permitted to savagely beat down a trespasser who's jerking off to your teenage daughter.
It was apparently just a punch in the eye, not a savage beat down.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 11:47 AM   #27
Thermal
Philosopher
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NJ USA. We Don't Like You Either
Posts: 7,573
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Sort of. I mean that Joe doesn't really do this forum any favors by his posting style.
You don't find that random bitching and complaining while contributing nothing to a discussion is productive? Well, to each his own, I guess.

Here's something to make him happy: the masterpeeper says he was just waiting for his overheated car to cool down. So when the police up, all they would see is a middle aged guy that got his ass broken up by a former NFL athelete, who claims to have had a 'good discussion'. There were no other reported witnesses to back up the peeping Tom claim.

Were the police right in taking the guy who pretty much admitted to a non-self-defense use of force at his word that he had any reason at all to bust Cassidy up? What made the police so sure that Beckham was not mistaken?
__________________
"Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anything at all" -Rosencrantz, on Hamlet
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:04 PM   #28
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly
 
The Norseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,161
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
"masturbating while looking in at a teenage girl getting changed"

That's well beyond a mere peeping tom, and I can't imagine any prosecutor in the USA that would bring any charges against the father of the girl.
Well, of course. What better case than to subtly reinforce the (overall harmful) status quo of rugged individualism, physical violence and vigilantism?

Just look at the comments in this thread so far, even. No real condemnation (except by me) or maybe some mild objection at best.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:07 PM   #29
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing
 
smartcooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nelson, New Zealand
Posts: 11,409
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
That was a joke, right?

(Soccer moms and football dads are sure to side with the football playing father, I would think.)
Comprehension fail! Did you even read my post, which replied to the point your post was making?

You said: "I can't imagine any prosecutor in the USA that would bring any charges against the father of the girl."

I replied: "Even if they did, I elect trial by jury"
__________________
#THEYAREUS
The Mueller Report must be released to Congress in full - If Trump has nothing to hide, then he should also have nothing to fear!

Last edited by smartcooky; 17th January 2019 at 12:10 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:09 PM   #30
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
Well, of course. What better case than to subtly reinforce the (overall harmful) status quo of rugged individualism, physical violence and vigilantism?

Just look at the comments in this thread so far, even. No real condemnation (except by me) or maybe some mild objection at best.
I think the father was fairly restrained in his reaction and I have no problem with him catching, subduing, and holding the criminal for the police.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:10 PM   #31
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Did you even read my post, which replied to the point your post was making?

You said: "I can't imagine any prosecutor in the USA that would bring any charges against the father of the girl."

I replied: "Even if they did, I elect trial by jury"
Yeah, I've been working too many hours this week...
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:25 PM   #32
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Florida allows citizen arrests, so that's really all this is. I don't think any more force than necessary was used to keep the perp from escaping.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:34 PM   #33
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,470
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
I don't think any more force than necessary was used to keep the perp from escaping.
The face punching may have been unnecessary to keep him from escaping.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:39 PM   #34
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The face punching may have been unnecessary to keep him from escaping.
How else do you get him to quit fighting with you and give up when you are one on one?

You are trying to detain a person who is desperate to get away from you and avoid the police.

You are going to be punching him somewhere, I would think.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:47 PM   #35
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,470
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
How else do you get him to quit fighting with you and give up when you are one on one?

You are trying to detain a person who is desperate to get away from you and avoid the police.

You are going to be punching him somewhere, I would think.
Forget the fighting. If holding him down doesn't work then just let him run, but stay within sight. The cops will take care of everything quickly.

The punching may have been emotional and unnecessary for the guy to have been quickly dealt with by the law.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:57 PM   #36
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Forget the fighting. If holding him down doesn't work then just let him run, but stay within sight. The cops will take care of everything quickly.

The punching may have been emotional and unnecessary for the guy to have been quickly dealt with by the law.
Or he may have been defending himself while trying to detain a felon...

The cops will take 10 minutes to arrive...they certainly won't take care of anything quickly.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 17th January 2019 at 12:58 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 12:58 PM   #37
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
The laws is far from clear in Florida on citizen's arrests, but it seems like it is an accepted practice in the state.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?

Last edited by LTC8K6; 17th January 2019 at 12:59 PM.
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 01:19 PM   #38
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 22,470
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Or he may have been defending himself while trying to detain a felon...

The cops will take 10 minutes to arrive...they certainly won't take care of anything quickly.
Or maybe he was worried that police would not beat up the perp and instead would simply arrest him.

There are plenty of fathers who would not attack a mentally ill pervert like this and instead rely on the police and give them a good description.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 01:25 PM   #39
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,388
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Or maybe he was worried that police would not beat up the perp and instead would simply arrest him.

There are plenty of fathers who would not attack a mentally ill pervert like this and instead rely on the police and give them a good description.
I think most fathers who caught a guy in the act of looking in their 15 year old daughter's window and jerking off to her undressing, would react pretty much the same way.

There's no way they'd know who he was or if he was mentally ill. That wouldn't even be a factor.

It's just a creep trespassing, peeping, and sexually harassing his 15 year old daughter.

In FL, the creep is lucky he wasn't shot on sight.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th January 2019, 01:32 PM   #40
baron
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,627
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
It was apparently just a punch in the eye, not a savage beat down.
In that case I revise my opinion. I had only skimmed the article and went from the OP's 'multiple broken bones', thinking arms and legs. A couple of punches is perfectly acceptable and every bush-based wanker should expect one.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.