ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2019 events , CSIcon , CSIcon 2019 , Las Vegas events

Old 8th September 2019, 06:08 PM   #41
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
I'm still going, whether your "charts" say so or not!
Ah, very good.

Since there's 5 people on the table, now, I have arranged it in alphabetic order, for easier reference... for when I insult everyone.... I am still Wowbagger, you know.

Forum NameReal Name (optional)Volunteer?Extra Activities Interested In?Favorite Epic Rap BattleNotes
Dr. Keith?NoAnother conference in the areaDolly Parton v. Queen LatifahMight only swing by for a while
gerdbonk???? 
Holden McGroin?YESPenn & Teller? 
SkepticScottScott RomanowskiYESPenn & Teller showR2D2 vs HAL 9000 
WowbaggerMitch LampertYESNeon Museum, but open to other ideasNewton vs. Bill NyeI am also going to Disneyland before this.

SkeptiCamp NYC: http://www.skepticampnyc.org/
An open conference on science and skepticism, where you could be a presenter!

By the way, my first name is NOT Bowerick!!!!
Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2019, 01:00 AM   #42
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
TAM XIII in 2015
Thanks, Scrut.
Old 17th September 2019, 07:04 PM   #43
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

I sent out the first version of the volunteer schedule today. You can still volunteer; I like to have a couple alternates in case someone has to cancel. You'll get all the perks for potentially no work.
Old 19th September 2019, 12:25 PM   #44
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Apparently, the Neon Museum will have a new exhibit of Tim Burton inspired art, in the middle of October, just in time for CSICON visitors. Anyone willing to be baited by that, to go to it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wowbagger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2019, 08:40 PM   #45
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

So, in addition to The Neon Museum, here are other things I might want to see while in Vegas. These are all things I have already seen or done before, to a certain extent, but wouldn't mind seeing them again:

The VOID Ultimate Virtual Reality Experience
This is MULTI-ROOM, Multi-Person VR, much more sophisticated than anything else you'd get in a shopping mall demo. They also have this in NYC (near where I live), and Orlando (went to it last year), and other places. However, I am always up for doing this again, with different groups of people. The differences in group dynamics is always interesting.
There are three different shows they are running: Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire (which I did in Orlando last year), Ralph Breaks VR, and Nicodemus (a victorian time-travel haunted house thing, I think). I don't know which ones will be available for the days of the conference, yet. But, I am not picky, myself, anyway.

Cirque Du Soleil: KA
This is among my most favorite Cirque shows, but I have only seen it once, so far. I've been aiming for a re-watch for a while.

The Beatles: LOVE
Although this was more of a mid-range-quality Cirque show, I hear they revamped it a couple of years ago. And, I am curious to see how it differs from when I saw it, in its original form.

ETA: It's too bad R.U.N. isn't running until the weekend after CSICON is over.

Last edited by Wowbagger; 21st September 2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 29th September 2019, 08:00 PM   #46
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

Secret Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Overlook, Oct 22nd

I was asked to post the following by CSICon attendee Herb Masters:
Hello Fellow CSIConers,

Do you have some extra time after CSICon 2019?

On Tue Oct 22, Jeanine and John DeNoma and I are going to go on the Secret Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend Overlook tours about 5 hours east of Las Vegas near Page Arizona. We are registered for the 9:00 tour and there are still spaces left. If you are interested in joining us please let both Jeanine (Cc…) and me know. There is one extra reservation already available.

Our plan is to stay in Las Vegas Sun night and then head down to Page, Arizona on Monday. I have room in my car for 1 or 2 people. We’ll stay in Page on Mon evening and catch the 9:00 tour Tue morning.

After the tour I am going to head back to the San Francisco area. I can return you to Las Vegas or you’re welcome to ride back to SF area with me. I need to be back by afternoon on Thu 10.24. With 2 people driving we could do it in a day. We could go through Death Valley and/or Tioga Pass! If we did both it would probably mean at least one night stop somewhere.

If you’d like to go, please go ahead and register for the tour and let us know you’re in. (First person to contact Jeanine doesn’t even have to register as she has the extra space reservation.)
If you are interested in going, you can respond to this thread, or PM me, and I will PM you his e-mail address and stuff.

Old 8th October 2019, 09:37 AM   #47
The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not interested

Lupus is Lupus tor central scrutineezer
The Central Scrutinizer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 01:50 PM   #48
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
OK. See you there.

Disavow any knowledge of my twitter here.
gerdbonk is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 12:19 PM   #49
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

Is anyone interested in seeing Penn & Teller Tuesday or Wednesday night? The Rio is just over a mile from the Flamingo, which would be a nice walk in Vegas's October weather.
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #50
Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged

CSICON hath commenced!

Old Today, 03:57 PM   #51
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

Opening reception in 3 hours!
Old Today, 05:18 PM   #52
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Well, I'm here in Flamingo, but there's not a lot of people around. The visitor center is closed and the marina is mostly empty except for a couple decrepit fishing boats. Where's the meeting?

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.1421.../data=!3m1!1e3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flamingo.jpg (147.0 KB, 2 views)

gerdbonk is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:34 PM   #53
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

You're in the wrong place but that's easily fixed. Google maps gave directions. Start by walking 115 feet west towards Flamingo Lodge Hwy. Continue following
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Flam...m3!1i0!2i0!3i0
for 859 hours. If you were to walk for 16 hours a day you'd get here around December 10th. You'd get a terrific workout, climbing 52,822 feet and descending 50,725 feet in the course of your journey.

Good luck!
Old Today, 05:41 PM   #54
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

I'm going to ride a manatee.

Old Today, 05:58 PM   #55
SkepticScott
TAM Volunteer Guy

Good luck getting directions from Google for that mode of transportation. You'd probably have to ride through the Panama Canal, so start by heading there.

Personally, I think an Uber would be faster than a manatee.
Old Today, 06:25 PM   #56
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Uber are endangered. I'd never interfere with their natural migration.

Old Today, 08:21 PM   #57
gerdbonk
Penultimate Amazing

Randi’s here.

On a rubber raft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » Skeptical Events