ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 25th October 2017, 02:05 PM   #361
bknight
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Have at it. I don't see anything stopping you. I trust you will let us all know how it went.

Now then, if we are done flogging this dead horse what was the topic of this thread again?
IIRC it was South Tower: Calculating the moment of the initial boom, but we all had a hand in hijacking the thread to include WTC 7, which obviously directly correlated in MJ's CT world.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 02:52 PM   #362
MicahJava
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
IIRC it was South Tower: Calculating the moment of the initial boom, but we all had a hand in hijacking the thread to include WTC 7, which obviously directly correlated in MJ's CT world.
It's an overall point about finding the special engineer. Not only would it be standard protocol to try to speak to a witness like that, but according to you guys it would only lead to good PR for the official story. Think about it, the walking, talking, holy grail of WTC conspiracy theory debunking. He is perhaps the only missing link in understanding the foreknowledge of WTC 7. Just get him on camera with some other first responders and city workers to back him up.

The topic about the rumble of the South Tower starting slightly before the perimeter started moving down is just a detail that doesn't do the structural failure hypothesis any favor.

Last edited by MicahJava; 25th October 2017 at 02:53 PM.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 03:03 PM   #363
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
It's an overall point about finding the special engineer. Not only would it be standard protocol to try to speak to a witness like that, but according to you guys it would only lead to good PR for the official story. Think about it, the walking, talking, holy grail of WTC conspiracy theory debunking. He is perhaps the only missing link in understanding the foreknowledge of WTC 7. Just get him on camera with some other first responders and city workers to back him up.
This is where you're sadly mistaken. There's no reason what so ever to play up the "official story". It's the only one out there. All the rest are just bits and pieces of BS someone hopes will connect to something meaningful.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41

Last edited by DGM; 25th October 2017 at 03:05 PM.
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 03:21 PM   #364
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

The topic about the rumble of the South Tower starting slightly before the perimeter started moving down is just a detail ...

You learned something: No "boom"!
Old 25th October 2017, 03:25 PM   #365
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post

You learned something: No "boom"!
I was just going to say that too!

Question answered, thread closed
Old 25th October 2017, 05:13 PM   #366
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
So we started with a thread about a thing that wasn't even a thing and it morphed into a different thing that also isn't a thing.

Par for the course.
Old 25th October 2017, 05:46 PM   #367
Axxman300
Master Poster

Pathetic.

Your "special engineer" was just one voice out of many who stated the obvious about WTC7. All of FDNY knew the fires would burn unprosecuted, they had just witnessed two similar buildings collapse due to impact damage and fire.

Let me boil it down for you: Fire = Bad

Two years before the north east had suffered the loss of 6 firefighters in Worcester, and caution was the word of the day. The building was empty, they had no water, and the priority was search and rescue.
Old 26th October 2017, 01:13 AM   #368
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

It's an overall point about finding the special engineer. Not only would it be standard protocol to try to speak to a witness like that,
That is, in fact, the only point worth mentioning here. It's worthwhile in itself to gather oral histories of the event from the different perspectives of those who experienced it. However, these are of most value when recorded early, before memories have faded and become conflated and confused. Recollections sixteen years after the event, though still of value, are always going to be less reliable.

but according to you guys it would only lead to good PR for the official story.
Just about everything in this clause is a strawman.

Think about it, the walking, talking, holy grail of WTC conspiracy theory debunking.
No, it would just be one more witness account to be quote mined, misrepresented, misinterpreted, ignored or spuriously branded as outright lies by the lying liars of the 9/11 truth movement.

The topic about the rumble of the South Tower starting slightly before the perimeter started moving down is just a detail that doesn't do the structural failure hypothesis any favor.
As pointed out ad nauseam, any rumbling coming from the South Tower just before visible movement of the perimeter is (a) fully consistent with progressive structural failure due to fire-induced weakening and distortion of the structure, and (b) completely inconsistent with the hypothesis that explosives were used to initiate collapse. I'm not going to discuss the thermite hypothesis here other than to say that one isn't even consistent with itself.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 02:20 AM   #369
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Interesting as well that, in the JFK thread, MJ is insisting that 15, 20 or 30-year-old memories should be considered as completely accurate. Yet here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahJava
I did not. Perhaps Nigro should be asked about the special engineer so maybe if he met him he could clear things up as far as his 15-year-old memory will do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicahJava

Also, I think some of you are interpreting quotes of first responders a certain way. I acknowledge that there are several statements from firefighters saying that they personally agreed that the building was jeopardy because of the damage and/or warning signs they observed. But you should also realize that A. These statements were made in hindsight, in some cases years later. It is important to be conscious on how hindsight can affect a witness statement. B. Within the firefighter community, and generally the community of first responders on the day of 9/11/2001, you may observe that they are more likely to talk in terms of first person "We".

MicahJava, perhaps you'd like to clarify your position here. Are witness statements that are 15 years old reliable or not?
Apparently the people on this thread don't event think it's a good idea to interview the special engineer if he's still around. How could someone deny history such an important star witness?
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Have at it. I don't see anything stopping you. I trust you will let us all know how it went.
I too think you should interview the engineer yourself.
Assuming you do, how accurate do you think his memory of the events will be? You seem to be in two minds on this point.
Old 26th October 2017, 04:23 AM   #370
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Assuming you do, how accurate do you think his memory of the events will be? You seem to be in two minds on this point.
I just wonder if the investigation won't stop until this engineer is found to be, for whatever reason, some kind of (((globalist))).
Old 26th October 2017, 05:44 AM   #371
Mark F
Graduate Poster

I think we know the answer to this. Anything that seems to support MJ's fantasy world will be regarded as gospel, anything that doesn't will be rejected. No need to read this book, we all know how it ends.
Old 26th October 2017, 05:45 AM   #372
pgimeno
Illuminator

Think about it, the walking, talking, holy grail of WTC conspiracy theory debunking.
When I read how you paint it, I can't help being reminded of this video.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 26th October 2017, 11:18 AM   #373
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Did you investigate whether the SE was killed by Spontaneous Human Combustion?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 11:24 AM   #374
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

It's almost in the theatre of the absurd realm.

If there's a murder at half-time during a football game, is it a bad investigation if every single person in the stands isn't interviewed? I mean, they have video, they interviewed those on the field, maybe a few in the stands that saw things. They recovered the murder weapon, identified the murderer from DNA evidence. They have the bullet that killed the victim.

I don't see what tracking down the hot dog concessioner is going to add to the investigation at this point. It's not like they'll find him, and he pulls off a rubber mask to show he's really Old Man Jenkins.

"If it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

Last edited by Hellbound; 26th October 2017 at 11:42 AM.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 11:26 AM   #375
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Did you investigate whether the SE was killed by Spontaneous Human Combustion?
It was probably HAARP.

HAARP can do anything.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:28 AM   #376
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
It's almost in the theatre of the absurd realm.

If there's a murder at half-time during a football game, is it a bad investigation if every single person in the stands isn't interviewed? I mean, they have video, they interviewed those on the field, maybe a few in the stands that saw things. They recovered the murder weapon, identified the murderer from DNA evidence. They have the bullet that killed the victim.

I don't see what tracking down the hot dog concessioner is going to add to the investigation at this point. It's not like they'll find him, and he pulls off a rubber mask to show he's really Old Man Jenkins.

"If it wasn't for you nosy kids!"
"Pesky". "pesky" interfering kids. Possibly, "interfering" or occasionally both.
Old 26th October 2017, 11:42 AM   #377
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
"Pesky". "pesky" interfering kids. Possibly, "interfering" or occasionally both.
I edited it. Better now?

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2017, 11:44 AM   #378
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It was probably HAARP.

HAARP can do anything.
Eleventy!

It can fry or freeze!

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories