ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 27th March 2020, 09:52 AM   #241
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,131
Let me give my example, that may/may not be included in the thread, as this thread predates my joining.

19 young Muslim men carried out a plan, created by KSM and financed by OBL(UBL), to hijack 4 airliners and crash them into buildings in the US. Three of those planes succeeded in crashing into three building, WTC1, WT2, and the Pentagon. The fourth plane was heading back toward Washington D.C., but was not able to complete its plan because the passengers fought back and the plane crashed into the ground in Pa.
Additionally there is no evidence that any other governments, all of them, were involved in the plan.

ETA: See wasn't that easy?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 09:57 AM   #242
Myriad
Hyperthetical
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 16,043
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
ETA: See wasn't that easy?

Well, yeah, but can you say for certain there wasn't an invisible intangible dragon on any of the planes?
__________________
A zÝmbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 10:17 AM   #243
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,131
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Well, yeah, but can you say for certain there wasn't an invisible intangible dragon on any of the planes?
Obviously I wasn't in any of the planes, I can not confirm or deny that any dragon invisible or otherwise was on the plane.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 10:42 AM   #244
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,862
Realizing I can't demand, let alone enforce, compliance with my intentions, here is nonetheless a kind reminder of what my Opening Post asked of all participants almost 10 years ago - and it has worked pretty well so far!

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Hey everybody,

Rule 1: No discussion, please!
I don't want to debate anybody's opinion, so please refrain entirely from quoting anybody, calling them names, demanding evidence etc.
Only exception: Requests to clear up statements you did not understand.
...
So pretty please, stop the discussion here, ok? I understand it was imported from another thread - please return there if you want to debate Caveman. I think he made clear the content (and the limits) of what he "thinks happened on 9/11".

Thanks you!
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 10:49 AM   #245
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,943
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
He indicated after the event. Of course one has to be in a position to be able to observe to be able to say that the event happened with 100% accuracy. Quit trying to obfuscate the discussion with what might have occurred.

The question is clear enough, what do you think happened on 9/11 as the thread topic suggests. Clear concise thoughts without statistical probabilities that you continue to use. What happened?
Statistics is "clear concise thought" on uncertain events. If your thoughts do not take the form of probability distributions over the set of possible hypotheses then you're doing thinking wrong.
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 10:50 AM   #246
caveman1917
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6,943
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Realizing I can't demand, let alone enforce, compliance with my intentions, here is nonetheless a kind reminder of what my Opening Post asked of all participants almost 10 years ago - and it has worked pretty well so far!



So pretty please, stop the discussion here, ok? I understand it was imported from another thread - please return there if you want to debate Caveman. I think he made clear the content (and the limits) of what he "thinks happened on 9/11".

Thanks you!
Apologies, I posted my response before seeing your post.
__________________
"Ideas are also weapons." - Subcomandante Marcos
"We must devastate the avenues where the wealthy live." - Lucy Parsons
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 01:52 PM   #247
The Common Potato
Thinker
 
The Common Potato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The Scunthorpe Problem
Posts: 236
19 hijackers, 4 planes, 4 crashes, 2 towers, 1 pentagon, 1 field, no evidence for anything else.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2020, 06:21 PM   #248
Nakani
Muse
 
Nakani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Acho Dene Koe
Posts: 801
Angry al Qaeda operatives acquire aircraft and aim at America.

Also, I think there may have been a chance, a small faction of the government may have known the attack was coming. This faction did nothing to help the attack they merely allowed it to happen because it was in their best interest. Invading the middle east meant a lot of opportunities,
they felt it was in the best interest of America, it was the patriotic thing to do.

And if so, those buildings came down with explosives. They would have put them there for mostly safety reasons.

A few rich old white guys, 1or 2 Pentagon brass, and the squad, Tank(muscle), Squirrel(explosives), Leather(Latino woman) and Gary(hot head). None of them are gonna say nothin'.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2020, 06:43 PM   #249
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,064
Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
Angry al Qaeda operatives acquire aircraft and aim at America.

Also, I think there may have been a chance, a small faction of the government may have known the attack was coming. This faction did nothing to help the attack they merely allowed it to happen because it was in their best interest. Invading the middle east meant a lot of opportunities,
they felt it was in the best interest of America, it was the patriotic thing to do.

And if so, those buildings came down with explosives. They would have put them there for mostly safety reasons.

A few rich old white guys, 1or 2 Pentagon brass, and the squad, Tank(muscle), Squirrel(explosives), Leather(Latino woman) and Gary(hot head). None of them are gonna say nothin'.
hahahahahahaha that's bullpucky
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.