ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th March 2020, 09:52 AM   #241
bknight
Master Poster

Let me give my example, that may/may not be included in the thread, as this thread predates my joining.

19 young Muslim men carried out a plan, created by KSM and financed by OBL(UBL), to hijack 4 airliners and crash them into buildings in the US. Three of those planes succeeded in crashing into three building, WTC1, WT2, and the Pentagon. The fourth plane was heading back toward Washington D.C., but was not able to complete its plan because the passengers fought back and the plane crashed into the ground in Pa.
Additionally there is no evidence that any other governments, all of them, were involved in the plan.

ETA: See wasn't that easy?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 09:57 AM   #242
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
ETA: See wasn't that easy?

Well, yeah, but can you say for certain there wasn't an invisible intangible dragon on any of the planes?
Old 27th March 2020, 10:17 AM   #243
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Well, yeah, but can you say for certain there wasn't an invisible intangible dragon on any of the planes?
Obviously I wasn't in any of the planes, I can not confirm or deny that any dragon invisible or otherwise was on the plane.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 10:42 AM   #244
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Realizing I can't demand, let alone enforce, compliance with my intentions, here is nonetheless a kind reminder of what my Opening Post asked of all participants almost 10 years ago - and it has worked pretty well so far!

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Hey everybody,

Rule 1: No discussion, please!
I don't want to debate anybody's opinion, so please refrain entirely from quoting anybody, calling them names, demanding evidence etc.
Only exception: Requests to clear up statements you did not understand.
So pretty please, stop the discussion here, ok? I understand it was imported from another thread - please return there if you want to debate Caveman. I think he made clear the content (and the limits) of what he "thinks happened on 9/11".

Thanks you!
Old 27th March 2020, 10:49 AM   #245
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
He indicated after the event. Of course one has to be in a position to be able to observe to be able to say that the event happened with 100% accuracy. Quit trying to obfuscate the discussion with what might have occurred.

The question is clear enough, what do you think happened on 9/11 as the thread topic suggests. Clear concise thoughts without statistical probabilities that you continue to use. What happened?
Statistics is "clear concise thought" on uncertain events. If your thoughts do not take the form of probability distributions over the set of possible hypotheses then you're doing thinking wrong.
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 10:50 AM   #246
caveman1917
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Realizing I can't demand, let alone enforce, compliance with my intentions, here is nonetheless a kind reminder of what my Opening Post asked of all participants almost 10 years ago - and it has worked pretty well so far!

So pretty please, stop the discussion here, ok? I understand it was imported from another thread - please return there if you want to debate Caveman. I think he made clear the content (and the limits) of what he "thinks happened on 9/11".

Thanks you!
Apologies, I posted my response before seeing your post.
"Let us therefore trust the eternal Spirit which destroys and annihilates only because it is the unfathomable and eternal source of all life. The passion for destruction is a creative passion, too!" - Mikhail Bakunin
caveman1917 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 01:52 PM   #247
The Common Potato
Thinker

19 hijackers, 4 planes, 4 crashes, 2 towers, 1 pentagon, 1 field, no evidence for anything else.
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2020, 06:21 PM   #248
Nakani
Muse

Angry al Qaeda operatives acquire aircraft and aim at America.

Also, I think there may have been a chance, a small faction of the government may have known the attack was coming. This faction did nothing to help the attack they merely allowed it to happen because it was in their best interest. Invading the middle east meant a lot of opportunities,
they felt it was in the best interest of America, it was the patriotic thing to do.

And if so, those buildings came down with explosives. They would have put them there for mostly safety reasons.

A few rich old white guys, 1or 2 Pentagon brass, and the squad, Tank(muscle), Squirrel(explosives), Leather(Latino woman) and Gary(hot head). None of them are gonna say nothin'.
Nakani is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2020, 06:43 PM   #249
JSanderO
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Nakani View Post
Angry al Qaeda operatives acquire aircraft and aim at America.

Also, I think there may have been a chance, a small faction of the government may have known the attack was coming. This faction did nothing to help the attack they merely allowed it to happen because it was in their best interest. Invading the middle east meant a lot of opportunities,
they felt it was in the best interest of America, it was the patriotic thing to do.

And if so, those buildings came down with explosives. They would have put them there for mostly safety reasons.

A few rich old white guys, 1or 2 Pentagon brass, and the squad, Tank(muscle), Squirrel(explosives), Leather(Latino woman) and Gary(hot head). None of them are gonna say nothin'.
hahahahahahaha that's bullpucky

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories