IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Black Panthers , Bradley Schlozman , department of justice , Eric Holder , J. Christian Adams , Malik Zulu Shabazz , minutemen , racism charges , voter intimidation

Old 13th July 2010, 05:14 PM   #241
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BeAChooser View Post
That's what the OP article alleges.
And you offer no evidence other than annecdotal, and that from unreliable sources. That worthless sack of crap Schlozman considered Adams to be the type of person DoJ needed. Nuff said.
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 05:26 PM   #242
BeAChooser
Banned

Originally Posted by Juniversal View Post
I predict next Obama will shoe in New Black Panthers as members of his cabient

Actually, how do you know that a member of the NBP wasn't already in Obama's administration? Afterall, Van Jones, Obama's green job czar until the public learned he was a communist, was a black panther in his youth. And he signed a petition calling for nationwide "resistance" to police after 9/11 that was drawn up by the leaders of the Black Panther Collective for Social Progress. And his radical beliefs haven't really changed over time. He's just presented a different facade to make himself more palatable to the public (and even admitted this).

And by the way, do you know that Obama once displayed the New Black Panthers endorsement on his website (until folks complained)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQAO...ayer_embedded#!

Now is Obama going to claim they were just guys in the neighborhood?
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 05:35 PM   #243
applecorped
Banned

You cracker!
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 05:44 PM   #244
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

And by the way, do you know that Obama once displayed the New Black Panthers endorsement on his website (until folks complained)?
Got proof of that?
leftysergeant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 05:53 PM   #245
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

No, you made the blanket assertion that "Oddly enough this case was completed well over a year ago to little fanfare."

As for something being fishy because Adams didn't resign until now:

http://www.mainjustice.com/2009/12/0...lack-panthers/
So he's been pursuing this since late last year. No mention of the DOJ not pursuing because of the victims were white. Though I'm all for a deeper invetigation into the matter if his claims prove to have some truth behind them.

That's what the OP article alleges.
So according to Adams the anti-white policies within the DOJ only extends to voting right cases? Interesting. So they're not THAT racist.

Originally Posted by BeAChooser

Obama didn't "display" the New Panthers endorsement on his website. Simply anyone could create a profile page on Obama's website. A member of the group created a profile page and the profile was eventually deleted once complaints were recieved.
Old 13th July 2010, 05:59 PM   #246
BeAChooser
Banned

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
Got proof of that?
So you admit that you didn't even bother to look at the video I linked.
BeAChooser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 06:00 PM   #247
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

So you admit that you didn't even bother to look at the video I linked.
Yeah, I did. where is the proof?
Old 13th July 2010, 06:01 PM   #248
BeAChooser
Banned

So according to Adams the anti-white policies within the DOJ only extends to voting right cases
No, that's not what the OP article alleges either. I don't understand why you are having so much trouble understanding this case unless ... well ... you are trying to have trouble understanding it.

Obama didn't "display" the New Panthers endorsement on his website. Simply anyone could create a profile page on Obama's website. A member of the group created a profile page and the profile was eventually deleted once complaints were recieved.
You really expect us to believe that the Obama campaign didn't know what was up on their website?
Old 13th July 2010, 06:07 PM   #249
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

You really expect us to believe that the Obama campaign didn't know what was up on their website?
I don't know whether it is the crappy quality of the video, my cataracts or your ear crickets, but I cannot see what the hell you are talking about re the web page. Can you give us a clear screen shot of it that we can actually read?
Old 13th July 2010, 06:12 PM   #250
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

No, that's not what the OP article alleges either. I don't understand why you are having so much trouble understanding this case unless ... well ... you are trying to have trouble understanding it.
Initially I said,

"Is he claiming that they were instructed to ignore only "voting rights" cases where the victim is white but not all "civil rights" cases where the victim is white?"

And your response was,

"That's what the OP article alleges."

So who's really confused here?

Originally Posted by BeAChooser
Sure they did once complaints rolled in. And they took appropriate action once they recieved those complaints.
Old 13th July 2010, 06:26 PM   #251
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Originally Posted by leftysergeant View Post
I don't know whether it is the crappy quality of the video, my cataracts or your ear crickets, but I cannot see what the hell you are talking about re the web page. Can you give us a clear screen shot of it that we can actually read?
Nothing but a my.barackobama.com profile one of the Panthers created.

Click here to see the image

But interpreted by right wingers it becomes, "did you know that Obama once displayed the New Black Panthers endorsement on his website." As opposed to the truth which is "the New Black Panthers created a my.barackobama profile page that was eventually deleted due to complaints".
Old 13th July 2010, 06:40 PM   #252
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

....the truth which is "the New Black Panthers created a my.barackobama profile page that was eventually deleted due to complaints".
Just like Rev Wright was deleted once the complaints started coming in. Why they waited until there were complaints, like with Rev. Wright, is the crux of the issue.
YoPopa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 06:42 PM   #253
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by YoPopa View Post
Just like Rev Wright was deleted once the complaints started coming in. Why they waited until there were complaints, like with Rev. Wright, is the crux of the issue.
Do you have evidence that the Black Panther endorsement was displayed on an Obama-sanctioned website with his approval? If not, it might be best to sit this one out.
Old 13th July 2010, 06:54 PM   #254
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

Oh, I forgot Van Jones. Just like Obama forgot about Van Jones' history, until the complaints started coming in.
YoPopa is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 07:08 PM   #255
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

That depends on the website. If we're talking a myspace or facebook page then we're really talking about a bored intern approving everything he sees.
-- Everything starts somewhere, although many physicists disagree. There is the constant desire to find out where - where is the point where it all began...The philosopher Didactylos suggested an alternative hypothesis: 'things just happen, what the hell'.
Kthulhut Fhtagn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 07:10 PM   #256
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

Because simply being a controversial figure is not enough to have an unwarranted deletion of ones profile page?
Old 13th July 2010, 07:10 PM   #257
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

Oh, I forgot Van Jones. Just like Obama forgot about Van Jones' history, until the complaints started coming in.
You have anything to add other than snarky comments about things we're all aware of?
-- Everything starts somewhere, although many physicists disagree. There is the constant desire to find out where - where is the point where it all began...The philosopher Didactylos suggested an alternative hypothesis: 'things just happen, what the hell'.
Kthulhut Fhtagn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 07:17 PM   #258
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Kthulhut Fhtagn View Post
You have anything to add other than snarky comments about things we're all aware of?
Want to make a list of all the things you are aware of so that I can skip those, as I lack psychic powers. That can't take too long.
Old 13th July 2010, 07:18 PM   #259
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

Want to make a list of all the things you are aware of so that I can skip those, as I lack psychic powers. That can't take too long.
Sure, right after you start pulling out memes that weren't plastered all over the evening news.
Old 13th July 2010, 07:34 PM   #260
Just thinking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GrouchoMarxist View Post
ha ha those NBP punks look about as tough as the dudes on What's Happening!!
And you'd have no issues with a "punk" hitting you with a baton upside your head? BTW ... you know it is construed as a deadly weapon, right?
Old 13th July 2010, 08:07 PM   #261
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

Sure, right after you start pulling out memes that weren't plastered all over the evening news.
The Van Jones story was plastered all over the evening news? Evidence please.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:09 PM   #262
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

There was a Van Jones story?
Old 13th July 2010, 08:14 PM   #263
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

As far as Obama knew, and the MSM as well, the story only began when the complaints started coming in.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:15 PM   #264
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

Ahem

Last edited by Kthulhut Fhtagn; 13th July 2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:23 PM   #265
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

Ahem
Was that a snarky ahem or a rhetorical ahem?
Old 13th July 2010, 08:29 PM   #266
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

Can't it be both?
Old 13th July 2010, 08:40 PM   #267
YoPopa
Graduate Poster

Can't it be both?
Of course it can, my question was rhetorical. Let's stop derailing this thread with comments about what is snarky and get back to the point that Obama and his administration are quite possibly as racist as Rev. Wright and the NBP.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:43 PM   #268
leftysergeant
Penultimate Amazing

Of course it can, my question was rhetorical. Let's stop derailing this thread with comments about what is snarky and get back to the point that Obama and his administration are quite possibly as racist as Rev. Wright and the NBP.
It's possible, but not probable. And you have no evicende that didn't come out of a nutjob's underwear.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:45 PM   #269
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

to the point that Obama and his administration are quite possibly as racist as Rev. Wright and the NBP.
Unlikely
Old 13th July 2010, 08:52 PM   #270
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Surprise, this "Black Panther" incident happened during Bush's adminstration and it was Bush's Attorney General that dismissed the case. So now that we know the truth, do you conservatives think that Bush is racist against whites?
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2010, 09:03 PM   #271
Kthulhut Fhtagn
Graduate Poster

George Bush doesn't care about white people
Old 13th July 2010, 09:42 PM   #272
GrouchoMarxist
Cowardly insulter of Buddhism

Originally Posted by Just thinking View Post
And you'd have no issues with a "punk" hitting you with a baton upside your head? BTW ... you know it is construed as a deadly weapon, right?
Hey I'm not the one who said shabby sally and his little girlfriend could be poll watchers with their cute matching outfits and all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that the elderly and some very small women could be intimidated by these ineffectual little candy-panted pinheads with their baton and empty-noggin Rhetoric.

But you should find out who decided to make one of them a poll watcher and get all intemperate with them, not me.

Last edited by GrouchoMarxist; 13th July 2010 at 09:48 PM.
GrouchoMarxist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 04:08 AM   #273
Just thinking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GrouchoMarxist View Post
Hey I'm not the one who said shabby sally and his little girlfriend could be poll watchers with their cute matching outfits and all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that the elderly and some very small women could be intimidated by these ineffectual little candy-panted pinheads with their baton and empty-noggin Rhetoric.

But you should find out who decided to make one of them a poll watcher and get all intemperate with them, not me.
Ahhhh .... you're the one spinning this out of control with your rhetoric on how ineffectual your perception can be. I also noticed you avoided my question, so you can spin this all you like all day long ... holding a deadly weapon IS intimidating. If someone tells me to stand outside in public wielding a weapon and the police show up, you can be certain I'm not going to call on you to defend my actions.

Last edited by Just thinking; 14th July 2010 at 04:14 AM.
Just thinking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 04:23 AM   #274
Just thinking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Surprise, this "Black Panther" incident happened during Bush's adminstration and it was Bush's Attorney General that dismissed the case. So now that we know the truth, do you conservatives think that Bush is racist against whites?
As I have had to make clear in other threads, there is a clear distinction between a racial incident and a racist one. I believe that President Bush's administration was strongly concerned that there would be a racial backlash against the GOP if too much was made of this incident ... now, that may be true (or it may not), and I feel that was an error of judgment, however, in no way does that change what happened, nor the responsibilities of our judicial enforcement system. But, to prevent that system from going forward because of a preference of one race vs. another now rises to the level of racism.

Last edited by Just thinking; 14th July 2010 at 04:26 AM.
Just thinking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 05:42 AM   #275
Lurker
Illuminator

As I have had to make clear in other threads, there is a clear distinction between a racial incident and a racist one. I believe that President Bush's administration was strongly concerned that there would be a racial backlash against the GOP if too much was made of this incident ... now, that may be true (or it may not), and I feel that was an error of judgment, however, in no way does that change what happened, nor the responsibilities of our judicial enforcement system. But, to prevent that system from going forward because of a preference of one race vs. another now rises to the level of racism.

I think you have it wrong. Clearly Bush is racist against white people. He declined to press criminal charges against the NBPs despite the ironclad evidence against them. Bush is a self-loathing white hater. There can be no other explanation.

I think you have it wrong. Clearly Obama is racist against white people. He declined to press charges against the NBPs despite the ironclad evidence against them. Obama is a self-loathing white hater. There can be no other explanation.
Lurker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 07:27 AM   #276
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Actually, how do you know that a member of the NBP wasn't already in Obama's administration? Afterall, Van Jones, Obama's green job czar until the public learned he was a communist, was a black panther in his youth. And he signed a petition calling for nationwide "resistance" to police after 9/11 that was drawn up by the leaders of the Black Panther Collective for Social Progress. And his radical beliefs haven't really changed over time. He's just presented a different facade to make himself more palatable to the public (and even admitted this).

Um, I do not beleive that Van Jones was a NEW Black Panther, now was he?

Doesn't this belong in your Obama the Socialist thread?

Now you are off topic!
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 12:44 PM   #277
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

Well, it seems that J. Christian Adams is not letting his resignation from the DOJ stop his relentless pursuit of the New Black Panther Party. According to the most recent entry on his blog dedicated to voting law issues:

Quote:
Venus Flytrap: A New Black Panther????

I received an email from a reader of ElectionLawCenter.com noting that Tim Reid, the actor who has played Venus Flytrap on WKRP in Cincinnati may be a New Black Panther.

I don't know the answer. One thing is for sure, the head of the New Black Panther Party, Malik Zulu Shabazz, organized a "National Black Power Conference" complete with plenty of participants such as noted anti-Semite Leonard Jeffries, stacks of New Black Panther Members such as Divine Allah and Queen Sheena Sheba Africa. Reid was a speaker also. I don't know if Venus has a uniform and is a member, but his appearance at this sort of event comes as a surprise
I, for one, am glad that he is not only brave enough to take a firm stand against the as-yet-totally-uncorroborated anti-white policy of the Obama/Holder DOJ, but to also root out and expose the pernicious influence of the dread New Black Panther Party (which said policy had allowed to avoid the righteous justice that Adams himself was preparing to mete out to them) among former "WKRP in Cincinnati" castmembers.

Last edited by A'isha; 14th July 2010 at 12:45 PM.
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 01:27 PM   #278
Juniversal
CIA + FBI + NWO Employee

I swear if it wasn't for Fox News or men like J. Christian Adams these fringe pest wouldn't even be a blip on anybody's radar. I'm all for bringing their existence to light ala. the Nation Geographic special or the like, but constantly giving them the much desired attention they want makes these clowns look much more powerful or influntial then they actually are.
Old 14th July 2010, 05:17 PM   #279
GrouchoMarxist
Cowardly insulter of Buddhism

Ahhhh .... you're the one spinning this out of control with your rhetoric on how ineffectual your perception can be.
Thanks for noticing.

Quote:
I also noticed you avoided my question, so you can spin this all you like all day long ...
You mean this?

See if you can guess.

Quote:
holding a deadly weapon IS intimidating.
What's your point?

Quote:
If someone tells me to stand outside in public wielding a weapon and the police show up, you can be certain I'm not going to call on you to defend my actions.
Since I'm not a lawyer, that would be wise. Do you always do whatever someone tells you to do?

choo

gezundheit

Last edited by GrouchoMarxist; 14th July 2010 at 05:29 PM.
GrouchoMarxist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th July 2010, 06:08 PM   #280
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

I must have missed it, did someone get hit?

Oh, you mean an imaginary hit, well then you want the Imaginary DOJ of the Imaginary USA where Sarah Palin is Imaginary President and Hillary Clinton in the Imaginary Queen of Imaginary England.

Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics