ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Bob Gimlin , Patterson-Gimlin film , Roger Patterson

Old 22nd March 2015, 07:01 PM   #1881
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
Awesome. Is DNA testing now available free of charge?
There doesn't seem to be any money shortage regarding bigfoot as far as I can tell.

Plenty of dough is being thrown at bigfoot.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2015, 07:40 PM   #1882
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Paying to have Bigfoot DNA tested should be a better bet than the lottery. If Bigfoot exists, you would be choosing a winning ticket every time. Being covered with thick dark hair from head-to-toe it should be shedding hairs everywhere it goes. How can it sit down without leaving hairs behind?

Winter should be an easy time to gather Bigfoot DNA. You've got the obvious gigantic humanlike footprints in the snow and DNA should be available with biological material being easy to see. The snow would make hair, feces and urine easy to find. If Bigfoot exists, the snow trackways could be followed for miles with ample opportunities to collect DNA.

But let's talk PGF in this thread.
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:04 PM   #1883
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Yes, please. No shortage of threads to yak DNA, general existence, non-PGF Bigfoot stuff.

The left foot cast neither matches Patty nor the plaster pour cast...

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:25 PM   #1884
River
Illuminator

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Yes, please. No shortage of threads to yak DNA, general existence, non-PGF Bigfoot stuff.

The left foot cast neither matches Patty nor the plaster pour cast...

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...ast-Comp1A.jpg

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/...igsweats14.jpg

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/images/0_track.gif

That's because the pour scene depicts the right foot cast, not the left.

Look here for more details.

"I've seen more Bigfoot creatures than Mountain Lions and Wolves combined here in KY." ― ChrisBFRPKY

Last edited by River; 22nd March 2015 at 09:26 PM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2015, 10:53 PM   #1885
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Paying to have Bigfoot DNA tested should be a better bet than the lottery. If Bigfoot exists, you would be choosing a winning ticket every time. Being covered with thick dark hair from head-to-toe it should be shedding hairs everywhere it goes. How can it sit down without leaving hairs behind?

Winter should be an easy time to gather Bigfoot DNA. You've got the obvious gigantic humanlike footprints in the snow and DNA should be available with biological material being easy to see. The snow would make hair, feces and urine easy to find. If Bigfoot exists, the snow trackways could be followed for miles with ample opportunities to collect DNA.

But let's talk PGF in this thread.
The plaster could contain Patty's preserved skin cells...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:18 AM   #1886
jerrywayne
Muse

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Guys guys first thing is there's no way to estimate the weight of anything unless you are on site dealing with the exact same soil conditions.
The dead giveaway that your dealing with a faked track is the toe configuration. No foot that's spent a lifetime outdoors is going to display the little piggies in a row configuration.
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...436188DA20.jpg
Good point.

I've always wondered why hoaxers hoax human-like giant feet instead of more apelike or transitional (think Shipton's yeti track) type tracks.
If we look at Rant Mullins, we find that tracks may date back to the 1920s. This was long before "Bigfoot" came on the scene. My guess is that the early pranksters were just creating Giant tracks for fun, or may have based their idea on so-called Sasquatch stories of giant Indians.

The Wallace hoax tracks, based on the Giant human format (he knew Mullins), came on the scene in the decade of the public's interest in the yeti at its most intense. Green converted Indian legends of giant, hairy hypnotic Indians into a more yeti-like creature (drawing on Roe and Ostman, who also yetied up the Sasquatch), and brought his ideas to Northern California with the Crew incident.

The linkage of fake Giant tracks, the yeti, and "Bigfoot" is the reason why we have a lot of early talk about "America's Abominable Snowman" from Sanderson and Patterson and others, especially journalists. And it may be why Patterson's film subject really looks more like the 50s idea of a yeti than the (up to that time) idea of a Sasquatch. Since the yeti was alleged to be more like a gorilla (although bipedal), we can see that Patterson was comfortable in using a modified gorilla suit, with sagittal crest and all, for his film subject.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal