ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Blake Neff , fox news , racism incidents , sexism incidents , tucker carlson

Old 10th July 2020, 05:15 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks

Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks in online forum

Quote:
The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.

Just this week, the writer, Blake Neff, responded to a thread started by another user in 2018 with the subject line, "Would u let a JET BLACK congo ****** do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?" Neff wrote, "I wouldn't get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no." (The subject line was not censored on the forum.) On June 5, Neff wrote, "Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down." On June 24, Neff commented, "Honestly given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep." On June 26, Neff wrote that the only people who care about changing the name of the NFL's Washington Redskins are "white libs and their university-'educated' pets."

And over the course of five years, Neff has maintained a lengthy thread in which he has derided a woman and posted information about her dating life that has invited other users to mock her and invade her privacy. There has at times also been overlap between some material he posted or saw on the forum and Carlson's show.
Gee, I certainly hope this won't adversely affect the quality of Tucker's show!

Edited by Loss Leader:  Edited so as not to obscure a banned word from the auto censor. Even in faithfully transcribed quotes, censored words must be scrubbed or made visible to the autocensor.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 11th July 2020 at 10:22 PM.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:02 PM   #2
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks in online forum

The punishment should be death. For whoever ratted him out. All hail this ****-lord poaster.
Old 10th July 2020, 06:04 PM   #3
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Is anybody surprised Tucker Carlson's top writer would be a vicious neanderthal? Reading between the lines, that's what Tucker Carlson and the rest of the knuckle draggers at Fox News, that's really what they're all about, isn't it?

Meantime, Carlson continues to do his masterful job of misleading his viewers dependent on whatever way the (right wing) political winds are blowing. Business Insider reports:
Quote:
Fox News host Tucker Carlson has claimed, contrary to multiple scientific studies, that there is no scientific evidence to support wearing masks to slow the spread of the coronavirus. In the Tuesday night edition of his show, Carlson called for schools to reopen despite the increasing rate of coronavirus infections in the US. Business Insider
Of course, back in March Carlson said something different:
Quote:
On March 30, Carlson said: "Of course, masks work. Everyone knows that. Dozens of research papers have proved it. In South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, the rest of Asia — where coronavirus has been kept under control — masks were key." Carlson's change of position came as President Donald Donald Trump on Tuesday said that he would pressure governors to reopen schools...
How would Carlson explain how he got from "Of course, masks work," to " there is no scientific evidence to support wearing masks to slow the spread of the coronavirus?" As is demonstrated over and over by certain posters right here in this forum, we know Carlson won't discuss his 'change of heart.' In order to address it he would have to display candor and honesty, two traits Mr. Carlson (and the posters) obviously lack.

Tucker Carlson has always seemed like a strange one to me. That strange look he gets. The boy ain't right!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A fellow whackjob.jpg (72.6 KB, 16 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:08 PM   #4
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Is anybody surprised Tucker Carlson's top writer would be a vicious neanderthal? Reading between the lines, that's what Tucker Carlson and the rest of the knuckle draggers at Fox News, that's really what they're all about, isn't it?

Meantime, Carlson continues to do his masterful job of misleading his viewers dependent on whatever way the (right wing) political winds are blowing. Business Insider reports:

How would Carlson explain how he got from "Of course, masks work," to " there is no scientific evidence to support wearing masks to slow the spread of the coronavirus?" As is demonstrated over and over by certain posters right here in this forum, we know Carlson won't discuss his 'change of heart.' In order to address it he would have to display candor and honesty, two traits Mr. Carlson (and the posters) obviously lack.

Tucker Carlson has always seemed like a strange one to me. That strange look he gets. The boy ain't right!
How anyone can watch Carlson and take him seriously as anything but Trump sycophant is a mystery. Oh...no, it's not: they're stupid.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:08 PM   #5
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Fired? I'd have expected Carlson to give him a raise.
Old 10th July 2020, 06:16 PM   #6
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Tucker Carlson is a rich boy in a rich boy's shoes. His life experience is absolutely unrelatable to that of virtually all of his viewers, though they are oblivious to that fact. They might wish to be him, but they cannot because they have not inherited a fortune; he has never had to pull himself up by his own bootstraps because he has people to do that for him. He has however managed to pull the wool over the eyes of a significant number of the credulous.

ETA: Actually, his stepmom, Patricia Caroline Swanson, is the heiress to the Swanson Frozen Foods fortune. But the privilege still stands.

George Will on
President Donald J. Trump.
June 1, 2020

Last edited by Resume; 10th July 2020 at 06:32 PM.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:20 PM   #7
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Tucker Carlson is a rich boy in a rich boy's shoes. His life experience is absolutely unrelatable to that of virtually all of his viewers, though they are oblivious to that fact. They might wish to be him, but they cannot because they have not inherited a fortune; he has never had to pull himself up by his own bootstraps because he has people to do that for him. He has however managed to pull the wool over the eyes of a significant number of the credulous.
No wonder he loves Trump so much. He identifies with him.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:21 PM   #8
Cain
Straussian

This guy did WaPo's DateLab: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...496_story.html

There was no second date (spoiler).

ETA: I hope he doesn't kill himself. /sincere

Last edited by Cain; 10th July 2020 at 06:23 PM.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:28 PM   #9
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
This guy did WaPo's DateLab: https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...496_story.html

I wonder if she would have liked him better or worse if she'd known what sexist and racist pig he is.
Old 10th July 2020, 06:38 PM   #10
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Can't read the story unless you are a WP subscriber.
Old 10th July 2020, 06:41 PM   #11
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
That's odd. I'm not a subscriber and it opened fine for me.
Old 10th July 2020, 06:50 PM   #12
mumblethrax
Species traitor

He looks like a sweatier version of the Nazi guy from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
mumblethrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 06:53 PM   #13
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mumblethrax View Post
I bet he looks quite dashing in his Nazi uniform during those secret meetings in his basement. One thing you have go admit, those German uniforms had it all over American uniforms.
Old 10th July 2020, 07:06 PM   #14
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I bet he looks quite dashing in his Nazi uniform during those secret meetings in his basement. One thing you have go admit, those German uniforms had it all over American uniforms.
When he's not wearing that Nazi uniform, he's probably wearing his other Nazi uniform.
Old 10th July 2020, 07:13 PM   #15
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

There is nothing about this story I don't love.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 07:17 PM   #16
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

When he's not wearing that Nazi uniform, he's probably wearing his other Nazi uniform.
Red MAGA hats go nicely with the black uniforms.
Old 10th July 2020, 08:03 PM   #17
shemp

He can go choke on a bag of dicks.
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 08:05 PM   #18
shemp

Open it in a private browser window.
Old 10th July 2020, 08:15 PM   #19
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Fired? I'd have expected Carlson to give him a raise.
Can’t be giving away the best stuff for free.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 08:19 PM   #20
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Did anyone watch his show today? Did he refer to the firing? (I doubt he would, but it's possible he might claim "I am not racist because I fired him").

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 08:38 PM   #21
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Fired him from what job? And for how long?

"Hey Blake! Your secret identity got sprung LOLZ!"

"Really, boss? Too bad!"

"No, I'm gonna have ta fire you. It's Fox policy, y' know. So you're fired."

"Wut, for reelz?"

"Yeah. But I just hired you back again. So get writing, OK?"

"Sure, boss. Hey I got a good story about a kitchen ****** who spat in the soup! Can we use that one? Can we, huh?"
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 08:47 PM   #22
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Clearing history also sometimes works. Then refresh the page.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 08:53 PM   #23
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Is anybody surprised Tucker Carlson's top writer would be a vicious neanderthal?
That seems really unfair to Neanderthals.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 09:05 PM   #24
Venom
Illuminator

Tucker Carlson has become one of the most disingenuous and dangerous Fox News hosts in my view.

He's too smart to not know what he's doing.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 09:55 PM   #25
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mumblethrax View Post

Which one? There were dozens of them!

If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 09:57 PM   #26
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

You get a couple free articles per month then you are cut off until the next month.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 09:59 PM   #27
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

That only works a couple of times unless you clear your cookies every time. It's not worth it. Just search the title and find another version of the story.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 10:08 PM   #28
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It would help if you'd adhere to good link etiquette. It took me extra search steps.

"Date Lab: He is a proud Trump supporter. She was not turned off."

It's a 2 yr old story. I didn't see anything that suggested I should go any further.

I think we know enough from your post.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 10th July 2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11th July 2020, 03:42 AM   #29
mumblethrax
Species traitor

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Which one? There were dozens of them!
The one that looks like this guy.
mumblethrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2020, 03:50 AM   #30
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Actually read the little "bio" card from that date, quite ironic given what has transpired:
Old 11th July 2020, 04:07 AM   #31
Donal
Illuminator

Quote:
for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content
As opposed to the television show he writes for under his real name?
Old 11th July 2020, 04:31 AM   #32
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

How anyone can watch Carlson and take him seriously as anything but Trump sycophant is a mystery. Oh...no, it's not: they're stupid.
He's more than just a sycophant
Old 11th July 2020, 05:01 AM   #33
Arcade22
Philosopher

Quote:
His username on the forum, CharlesXII, is a reference to Charles XII of Sweden, a king known for his military victories and who abstained from sex and alcohol. Neff, a history buff interested in wars and military battles, has repeatedly disclosed on the forum that he rarely drinks and The Post story said he rarely dates.
The article forgot to mention that he got shot in the head and died while inspecting the front-line during a siege of a Danish fortress. No matter how great he was, he had no descendants and neglected to develop an enduring legacy. Sweden subsequently lost the Great Northern WarWP and the Swedish Empire entered a period of decline that would continue until it achieved its current borders.

The last Emperor is always the worst Emperor.

And no, Cuba is not a brutal and corrupt dictatorship, and it's definitely less so than Sweden. - dann

Last edited by Arcade22; 11th July 2020 at 05:02 AM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2020, 05:24 AM   #34
Mumbles
Philosopher

Maybe they don't like his moonlighting by writing racist and sexist crap anonymously, instead of the public racist and sexist writing he did for Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour?
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2020, 05:53 AM   #35
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Bill Kristol tweeted-
Is Carlson going to pretend to have been unaware of his close associate's posts? Is he going to defend his associate's views as 1) defensible and 2) consistent with his own? Or is he 3) going to try to save his own career by throwing his friend under the bus? Kristol Twitter
Personally, I like three, under the bus. Reaction from Carlson? Basically, refuse to comment.
Quote:
There was no immediate comment from Carlson. But shortly after the CNN report, Carlson exploded in his program over “cancel culture.” He added: “We are in a situation where it’s ... individuals against the mob — online, other news organizations, CNN particularly.” Neff did not respond to repeated calls by CNN for comment and could not be reached for comment by HuffPost. His social media accounts have been deleted. Huffington Post
Steve Bannon once said, Tucker Carlson probably has more influence on donald trump's foreign policy ideas than the National Security Council does. Tucker Carlson has been lavish in his praise of Blake Neff. See where I'm going with this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blake Neff.jpg (46.7 KB, 14 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2020, 06:20 AM   #36
Ryokan
Insert something funny here

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
The article forgot to mention that he got shot in the head and died while inspecting the front-line during a siege of a Danish Norwegian fortress.
Fixed that for you.
Ryokan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2020, 06:46 AM   #37
angrysoba
Philosophile

What was he fired for? Moonlighting?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2020, 06:58 AM   #38
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
What was he fired for? Moonlighting?
Possibly getting caught at noon lighting?
Old 11th July 2020, 07:58 AM   #39
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Sounds more like he was caught gaslighting.

People keep posting that Neff was fired but all the news reports say he quit or resigned. I'm sure everyone at Fox -- including Neff -- knew he had to go.
Quote:
Neff previously has worked for The Hill and The Daily Caller, the latter a conservative news site that Carlson helped start in 2010. In an interview with Dartmouth’s alumni magazine this month, Neff said of his work for Carlson’s show, “Anything he’s reading off the teleprompter, the first draft was written by me.” Deadline website
Old 11th July 2020, 08:22 AM   #40
Mongrel
Begging for Scraps

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
That only works a couple of times unless you clear your cookies every time. It's not worth it. Just search the title and find another version of the story.
Or you can Right click the link and select whatever your browsers version of "Open in new Private Tab" is.
Checked on my phones and a Long press on the link gives the same option
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin

...like so many contemporary philosophers he especially enjoyed giving helpful advice to people who were happier than he was. - Tom Lehrer
Mongrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics