ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 13th May 2020, 01:14 PM   #601
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
He is the worst in killing the most innocent people by sheer self absorption and negligence... for no logical reason.
I think a case could be made for several presidents along those lines. Bay of Pigs comes to mind, for example, but this isn't really the thread to hash it out.

This is more the thread for you to brainstorm what clever nickname most effectively sells the "Trump is the worst president" concept.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2020, 01:39 PM   #602
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I think a case could be made for several presidents along those lines. Bay of Pigs comes to mind, for example, but this isn't really the thread to hash it out.

This is more the thread for you to brainstorm what clever nickname most effectively sells the "Trump is the worst president" concept.
Bay of Pigs? Seriously? This is beneath you. Saying that mistake was the result of self absorption is a bit of a reach.
Old 13th May 2020, 04:11 PM   #603
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Meathead.
Image shamelessly borrowed from Cheetah's post in the Dinner thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg meathead.jpeg (23.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 13th May 2020, 04:49 PM   #604
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Bay of Pigs? Seriously? This is beneath you. Saying that mistake was the result of self absorption is a bit of a reach.
Hmm... Good point. Maybe it'll stick better with a good nickname. How about... BAY F K?

Get it? Bay of Pigs? JFK? I think I'm onto something, here.

Anyway, back to Trump. What about "Lump"? It's even got a theme song.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2020, 07:16 PM   #605
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

He's bad, but worst? Lincoln was more divisive and deadly. Harding was more corrupt.
Team Harding may hold the record right now, but the ball is still in play. POTUSís bank records, business records, and tax returns may reveal critical information. That is, if Congress gets to see them.

Speaking of which, President Trumpís lawyers are arguing that sitting presidents may not be investigated by Congress, stateís attorneys, district attorneys, or anyone in the United States. Thatís a bit of a strange argument for someone who has not engaged in corrupt or illegal practices. Obviously not proof of any wrongdoing. Still, it would be nice to serve some subpoenas.
Old 15th May 2020, 07:38 PM   #606
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Team Harding may hold the record right now, but the ball is still in play. POTUSís bank records, business records, and tax returns may reveal critical information. That is, if Congress gets to see them.

Speaking of which, President Trumpís lawyers are arguing that sitting presidents may not be investigated by Congress, stateís attorneys, district attorneys, or anyone in the United States. Thatís a bit of a strange argument for someone who has not engaged in corrupt or illegal practices. Obviously not proof of any wrongdoing. Still, it would be nice to serve some subpoenas.
But it's all about the principle. Nothing to do with hiding damaging info. Right?

Right?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th May 2020, 04:43 AM   #607
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think this one has been done yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jolly olly orange.jpg (28.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 19th May 2020, 10:46 AM   #608
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Reaper-in-chief
Old 19th May 2020, 11:09 AM   #609
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
Reaper-in-chief
Seems more applicable to Governor Cuomo, at the moment, but you've got until November to try to switch around to OMB.

Anyway, what about "Covidfefe"?

I think it's a hat trick: There's hints of "jefe" in there, a nod to his office. It connotes criticism of his pandemic management policies. And it calls back to his "covfefe" tweet.

I honestly think this one could have some legs.
Old 20th May 2020, 12:02 AM   #610
Cheetah
Master Poster

The Obese Orange Rinopotusomus
Old 20th May 2020, 12:05 AM   #611
fishbob
Seasonally Disaffected

Bleach Boy
with his little duo scoops

We don't know what he's got.

Last edited by fishbob; 20th May 2020 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Shemp will understand
fishbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th May 2020, 04:16 AM   #612
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Hydroxychloroking.
Old 20th May 2020, 08:19 AM   #613
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

“A terrific fool - a perfect fool.“

“An unpresidented idiot.“
Old 20th May 2020, 08:30 AM   #614
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

ďAn unpresidented idiot.ď
Might wanna wait till he's actually un-presidented, for that one.

Can a person be un-presidented? After leaving office, they still retain the title. Does there exist any formal or informal process to strip them of the title? Wouldn't that be tantamount to erasing history?

Or is this more of a "Josiah Bartlett is my forever president" nickname, than a "ding dong the witch is dead" nickname?
Old 20th May 2020, 09:05 AM   #615
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Might wanna wait till he's actually un-presidented, for that one.

Can a person be un-presidented? After leaving office, they still retain the title. Does there exist any formal or informal process to strip them of the title? Wouldn't that be tantamount to erasing history?

Or is this more of a "Josiah Bartlett is my forever president" nickname, than a "ding dong the witch is dead" nickname?
Trump once used the word unpresidented when he meant unprecedented.
Old 20th May 2020, 09:16 AM   #616
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Trump once used the word unpresidented when he meant unprecedented.
If you're going to go with bungled tweets, I think "covidfefe" has a lot more mindshare going for it.
Old 20th May 2020, 09:23 AM   #617
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm... Good point. Maybe it'll stick better with a good nickname. How about... BAY F K?

Get it? Bay of Pigs? JFK? I think I'm onto something, here.

Anyway, back to Trump. What about "Lump"? It's even got a theme song.
The Bay of Pigs was actually planned by the Eisenhower administration. That said, Kennedy gave it the go ahead. A perfect example of a politician getting caught up in his own rhetoric. Nixon and JFK competed throughout the 1960 campaign to see who could be more anti-communist.

The timing was perfect for that kind of stupidity. The one thing I do like about JFK is that he admitted his mistakes. But I do think he was a bit like Eisenhower on civil rights. They were both more talk than action. Well that's not true. Ike hardly said a word about it.
Old 20th May 2020, 09:35 AM   #618
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

The Bay of Pigs was actually planned by the Eisenhower administration. That said, Kennedy gave it the go ahead. A perfect example of a politician getting caught up in his own rhetoric. Nixon and JFK competed throughout the 1960 campaign to see who could be more anti-communist.

The timing was perfect for that kind of stupidity. The one thing I do like about JFK is that he admitted his mistakes. But I do think he was a bit like Eisenhower on civil rights. They were both more talk than action. Well that's not true. Ike hardly said a word about it.
"Covidfefe" is starting to grow on me. If y'all don't pick it up, I may start using it myself.

ETA: What about "Ike's Tyke", for JFK? Since he took Ike's Bay of Pigs plan and ran with it (up to a point).

Last edited by theprestige; 20th May 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 20th May 2020, 09:39 AM   #619
zorro99
Muse

President Plump
Old 20th May 2020, 09:47 AM   #620
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

"Covidfefe" is starting to grow on me. If y'all don't pick it up, I may start using it myself.

ETA: What about "Ike's Tyke", for JFK? Since he took Ike's Bay of Pigs plan and ran with it (up to a point).
Ooops! I thought I was in the Presidential Greatness thread. Ike's Tyke works.
Old 20th May 2020, 07:25 PM   #621
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fishbob View Post
Bleach Boy
with his little duo scoops

We don't know what he's got.
The Bleach Boy's Greatest Hits:

"I Take No Responsibility"

"Obamagate"

"Witch Hunt"

"Lock Her Up!"

"I'm a Stable Genius"

"Anybody Who Wants a Test, Gets a Test!"

"Where's the Birth Certificate?

But wait! There's more. If you order The Bleach Boy's Greatest Hits within the next 15 minutes, you'll also receive as our gift to you Melania Sings with such hits as:

"Be Best"

"I Don't Care. Do You?"

"He's not a Sweatpants Child"

"He Supports Women"

and Melania's #1 Hit: "I Wrote It Myself"
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th May 2020, 07:47 PM   #622
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The Bleach Boy's Greatest Hits:

"I Take No Responsibility"

"Obamagate"

"Witch Hunt"

"Lock Her Up!"

"I'm a Stable Genius"

"Anybody Who Wants a Test, Gets a Test!"

"Where's the Birth Certificate?

But wait! There's more. If you order The Bleach Boy's Greatest Hits within the next 15 minutes, you'll also receive as our gift to you Melania Sings with such hits as:

"Be Best"

"I Don't Care. Do You?"

"He's not a Sweatpants Child"

"He Supports Women"

and Melania's #1 Hit: "I Wrote It Myself"
Hopefully at least one of those will inspire someone to come up with a nickname better than "Covidfefe".
Old 20th May 2020, 07:50 PM   #623
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Hopefully at least one of those will inspire someone to come up with a nickname better than "Covidfefe".
I don't think he needs a nickname. "Trump" alone has earned enough negative connotations. I mean, do Manson, Hitler, Mussolini, Attila the Hun or Gacy need nicknames?
Old 21st May 2020, 06:36 AM   #624
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think he needs a nickname. "Trump" alone has earned enough negative connotations. I mean, do Manson, Hitler, Mussolini, Attila the Hun or Gacy need nicknames?
Good point. But then, none of them were as bad as Trump.

Except perhaps for Il Duce, who had a nickname.
Old 21st May 2020, 06:38 AM   #625
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Also I think technically the Hun had a nickname too. Do you think he was as bad as Trump?
Old 21st May 2020, 06:47 AM   #626
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

President Donald J. Trump.

We need to own up to it. We, yes we as a country, elected him. We don't get to pretend we didn't.

When your dog goes rabid you don't go "Oh that's not my dog" as he bites the neighbors kids.
Old 21st May 2020, 07:23 AM   #627
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
President Donald J. Trump.

We need to own up to it. We, yes we as a country, elected him. We don't get to pretend we didn't.

When your dog goes rabid you don't go "Oh that's not my dog" as he bites the neighbors kids.
I mean, if it's your jackass brother-in-law's dog, and you told your sister not to marry him, and it wasn't your idea to bring the dog onto the family homestead, then yeah, you're probably in the right to say "that's not my dog."

But who are the neighbor's kids, in this scenario? Canadians? The Chinese? This seems more like a situation of your jackass brother in law's dog biting your kids. Then, at the family council to decide what to do about the dog, you start banging the table and shouting that the dog is obviously rabid, and that your brother in law and your sister are both obviously rabid by association. Because only someone with rabies would think it's a good idea to bring a rabid dog into their home.

I'm sticking with "Covidfefe."
Old 21st May 2020, 08:56 AM   #628
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Trump would. And the dog just brought coffee.
Old 21st May 2020, 09:10 AM   #629
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Also I think technically the Hun had a nickname too. Do you think he was as bad as Trump?
I don't know. We don't have our lives influenced by the Hun, as we do with Trump.
Old 21st May 2020, 09:40 AM   #630
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I don't know. We don't have our lives influenced by the Hun, as we do with Trump.
Better the devil you don't know, perhaps?

Other than the influence of your own thoughts about Trump, what would you say is the biggest influence he's had on your life? As in, policies that affect you directly.

Last edited by theprestige; 21st May 2020 at 09:41 AM.
Old 21st May 2020, 09:58 AM   #631
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Because Trump minimized the effect of Covid-19 and her Republican state followed suit, my cousin is dead. Certainly impacted HER life.
Old 21st May 2020, 10:05 AM   #632
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Because Trump minimized the effect of Covid-19 and her Republican state followed suit, my cousin is dead. Certainly impacted HER life.
That seems like a job for a State Governor nickname. It's not like Trump imposed a policy on your cousin's state.
Old 21st May 2020, 11:38 AM   #633
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

That's been my contention since this thread began.

I believe I mentioned it again about a page ago.

But apparently Joe Biden has just started pushing President Tweety, which is on point and has a certain ring to it.

We'll see if it catches on.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."

Last edited by quadraginta; 21st May 2020 at 11:40 AM.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2020, 01:51 PM   #634
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Good point. But then, none of them were as bad as Trump.

Except perhaps for Il Duce, who had a nickname.
Il Duce and Der FŁhrer were titles, not nicknames. They mean the same thing.

"Hun" was an identifier, not a nickname.
Old 21st May 2020, 02:18 PM   #635
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

por que no los dos?
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:10 AM   #636
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I mean, if it's your jackass brother-in-law's dog, and you told your sister not to marry him, and it wasn't your idea to bring the dog onto the family homestead, then yeah, you're probably in the right to say "that's not my dog."

But who are the neighbor's kids, in this scenario? Canadians? The Chinese? This seems more like a situation of your jackass brother in law's dog biting your kids. Then, at the family council to decide what to do about the dog, you start banging the table and shouting that the dog is obviously rabid, and that your brother in law and your sister are both obviously rabid by association. Because only someone with rabies would think it's a good idea to bring a rabid dog into their home.

I'm sticking with "Covidfefe."
I really didn't follow that. And I tried.
Old 22nd May 2020, 09:56 AM   #637
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I really didn't follow that. And I tried.
Your sister and her jackass husband are the "deplorables" who voted for Trump.

The rabid dog is Trump, of course.

The family home is America.

The family council is the public discourse leading up to the presidential election in November.

The rabies is "Nazism".
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:14 AM   #638
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

If he keeps taking hydroxychloroquine against his doctor's recommendations, his nickname might just be "the late Donald Trump".
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:26 AM   #639
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
If he keeps taking hydroxychloroquine against his doctor's recommendations, his nickname might just be "the late Donald Trump".
"The late" is an identifier, not a nickname.
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:51 AM   #640
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

"The late" is an identifier, not a nickname.
You say tomato.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics