ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , donald trump , Melania Trump

Old 1st October 2020, 08:56 PM   #1
marting
Graduate Poster

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Hope Hicks, a close advisor to Trump and Kushner tested positive. She was on Air Force 1 with Trump and his entourage Tues and Wed. She is symptomatic. No masks.
Old 1st October 2020, 09:10 PM   #2
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Hope Hicks, a close advisor to Trump and Kushner tested positive. She was on Air Force 1 with Trump and his entourage Tues and Wed. She is symptomatic. No masks.
Oh gawd I hope she's a superspreader!

CNN: Trump says he and first lady will begin 'quarantine process' after top aide Hope Hicks tests positive for Covid-19
Quote:
Hicks has traveled with the President multiple times recently, including to the debate in Cleveland on Tuesday, and was seen boarding Marine One, along with several other of the President's closest aides -- Jared Kushner, Dan Scavino and Nicholas Luna -- none of whom wore masks, on Wednesday as Trump was heading to a campaign rally in Minnesota.
She tested positive but somewhere there's a report she now has symptoms.

Here we go:
Quote:
A source close to Hicks told CNN that she is experiencing symptoms and is back in Washington. It is unclear how severe her symptoms are at this point. CNN has reached out to Hicks for comment.
So Tues she might have been highly contagious.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 1st October 2020 at 09:17 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 09:23 PM   #3
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Given that at white house meetings no one but Trump is allowed to open their mouths, Adderall Addict is probably safe.
Old 1st October 2020, 09:37 PM   #4
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

The best possible scenario is Trump dropping dead on election day and, of course, losing. I don't think Pence has the stones to **** everyone while a lame duck, whereas Trump will take a flamethrower to everything.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 09:50 PM   #5
AnonyMoose
Muse

Just now officially announced on tv, MSNBC news:

Both POTUS and FLOTUS have tested positive for coronavirus.

Edited to add:

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 1st October 2020 at 09:56 PM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 09:54 PM   #6
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post

OMG! Can't find it in print yet.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 1st October 2020 at 09:57 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 09:55 PM   #7
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

YESSS!!!!

I hope the career professional staff and household staff are okay and test negative.

Last edited by Craig4; 1st October 2020 at 09:59 PM.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 09:57 PM   #8
AnonyMoose
Muse

Yup.

Game changer!
Old 1st October 2020, 09:58 PM   #9
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
I like presidents who don't get sick.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:00 PM   #10
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Here we go:

Trump Tweets his and Melanie's tests are positive.

Old 1st October 2020, 10:01 PM   #11
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

I'm not going to celebrate this, myself, but it would be nice if this ended up spurring the Trump Administration to take things more seriously.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:02 PM   #12
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19

Both test positive for covid. Can't say I'm surprised.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:04 PM   #13
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Unbelievable. If this was fiction, it would be laughed out of the publishing house. It breaks the surreality meter into microscopic shards.

(It's the plot line that's unbelievable. Him catching covid is not at all unusual given scientific reality and his behaviour.)
Old 1st October 2020, 10:05 PM   #14
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
I'm not going to celebrate this, myself, but it would be nice if this ended up spurring the Trump Administration to take things more seriously.
Unlikely. Why bother learning from experience when you can just lie?
Old 1st October 2020, 10:05 PM   #15
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Pence was with Trump in the Oval Office this week. I hope the career and household staff are okay.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:06 PM   #16
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I'd be happy if it simply stops his efforts to cheat on the election.

Old 1st October 2020, 10:07 PM   #17
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Trust Trump to put an exclamation mark on a year of misery and disaster....

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:07 PM   #18
AnonyMoose
Muse

I'm thoroughly enjoying the schadenfraude.

This forces the fat pig to stay quarantined... which means no more rallies... which means less people dying as a domino effect from the dumb ***** that go to the fat pig's rallies.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:07 PM   #19
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Do we know anything about the accuracy of the test?

I remember the WH having a rapid test that has a crazy high false positive rate.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:08 PM   #20
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

They're going into quarantine. Considering he's elderly and overweight, who know how he'll do, but then again, he's the the healthiest president to ever take office in the history of the presidency.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:08 PM   #21
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

I'm thoroughly enjoying the schadenfraude.

This forces the fat pig to stay quarantined... which means no more rallies... which means less people dying as a domino effect from the dumb ***** that go to the fat pig's rallies.

Old 1st October 2020, 10:10 PM   #22
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Unbelievable. If this was fiction, it would be laughed out of the publishing house. It breaks the surreality meter into microscopic shards.

(It's the plot line that's unbelievable. Him catching covid is not at all unusual given scientific reality and his behaviour.)
Without doubt.

Don’t underestimate the sympathy votes which might flow his way though. “Poor Donnie, leading from the front where he gets the virus, while Biden locks himself in his home”.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:11 PM   #23
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Won’t Biden now go into quarantine? I didn’t see it, but surely they shook hands.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 1st October 2020, 10:12 PM   #24
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Pump him full of choloroquine. Or maybe bleach. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:14 PM   #25
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump could raise a lot of money by auctioning off the privilege to shove a UV light up his rear end.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:15 PM   #26
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Won’t Biden now go into quarantine? I didn’t see it, but surely they shook hands.
They did not.

Old 1st October 2020, 10:15 PM   #27
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
YESSS!!!!

I hope the career professional staff and household staff are okay and test negative.
I feel no guilt about celebrating this. US democracy is being destroyed by this fascist lunatic. On top of which, if he wins the election and continues his policy of "herd mentality", that could cost millions of lives. If I was a believer, I'd be thanking God.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:16 PM   #28
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
"Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19"

So good it happened twice?
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:16 PM   #29
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Without doubt.

Don’t underestimate the sympathy votes which might flow his way though. “Poor Donnie, leading from the front where he gets the virus, while Biden locks himself in his home”.
No, no, not gonna happen. This is the man being accused of letting 200,000 people die due to his inaction.

Old 1st October 2020, 10:18 PM   #30
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
"Trump and Melania test positive test positive for Covid 19"

So good it happened twice?
Freudian slip on my part?
Old 1st October 2020, 10:18 PM   #31
carlosy
Critical Thinker

Hopefully Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham and all the others had enough contact to him...
carlosy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:19 PM   #32
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Pump him full of choloroquine. Or maybe bleach. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Dont forget oleander.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:19 PM   #33
slyjoe
Master Poster

And Hope Hicks. You do the math.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:21 PM   #34
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Can't help think that it would be the easy way out for the GOP if their entire ******** of a leadership would have to retire due to health problems.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:23 PM   #35
carlosy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Can't help think that it would be the easy way out for the GOP if their entire ******** of a leadership would have to retire due to health problems.
Don't care as long as they are out.
carlosy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2020, 10:23 PM   #36
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Will Biden have to quarantine? They must have shook hands sometime before or after the debate.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 1st October 2020, 10:23 PM   #37
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Of course, given that it's Trump, there's a non-zero chance that it isn't true. However, given what a terrible liar Trump is and the general competence of the sycophants left in his team, I'm sure we'll find out fairly soon.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:24 PM   #38
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Deep state conspiracy in 3... 2.... 1....

Old 1st October 2020, 10:24 PM   #39
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Biggest news of the year, hands down.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:24 PM   #40
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Will Biden have to quarantine? They must have shook hands sometime before or after the debate.
They didn't exactly for this very reason.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics