ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th October 2020, 11:59 AM   #1
rockysmith76
Banned

Whose worse, Pence or Cheney?

Let us begin....
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 12:09 PM   #2
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Who's*
Delphic Oracle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 12:42 PM   #3
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Cheney. Pence may have a Jesus-sized cross up his butt, but as far as I know he's never gotten drunk and shot someone.
Old 7th October 2020, 12:44 PM   #4
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Cheney. Pence may have a Jesus-sized cross up his butt, but as far as I know he's never gotten drunk and shot someone.
Hey the guy he shot in the face totally apologized for ruining his shot.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 12:47 PM   #5
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Hey the guy he shot in the face totally apologized for ruining his shot.
Wasn't he a lawyer anyway?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 01:01 PM   #6
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Seconded!

Also, Pence never tortured anyone.*

*Of course Pence has extensively tortured himself by getting into bed with Trump, but that is nowhere near the Torture program that Cheney was involved in.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 01:09 PM   #7
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Cheney. Why is this even a question?

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 02:33 PM   #8
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Seconded!

*Of course Pence has extensively tortured himself by getting into bed with Trump, but that is nowhere near the Torture program that Cheney was involved in.
Thirdeded. VP Pence prefers to pray his problems away. VP Cheney put jumper cables on their testicles.
Old 7th October 2020, 05:12 PM   #9
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Cheney.

He decided he needed his own intelligence agency which then relied on a handful of
people saying “Of course you’ll be seen as welcome liberators if you put your troops in Iraq.”

ETA:
“Hey, thanks, Al, for writing a report about 21st Century threats, but we’re going to shelve that and write our own report. If we spend a year on it, then it’ll be finished by January 2002.”

Last edited by Ladewig; 7th October 2020 at 05:17 PM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 07:23 PM   #10
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
Seconded!

I don't know... Does trying to use taxpayer money to fund"pray away the gay" conversation therapy counts as torture (at least psychological)

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 07:24 PM   #11
Venom
Illuminator

Cheney by a mile.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2020, 07:29 PM   #12
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
Let us begin....
Too early to tell yet. Hopefully we won't get to find out what damage Pence could do as president.
Old 7th October 2020, 07:32 PM   #13
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Cheney could have, arguably did, run the country when Bush couldn't.
Pence wouldn't be able to.

But then, neither can Trump, so no change there.
Old 7th October 2020, 07:37 PM   #14
Mumbles
Philosopher

Cheney, without question. Lined his own pockets via war, one of the so-called experts that GBW misplaced his trust in, and who really *should* have been trustworthy, but proved that he wasn't.

Pence is just a mimic, in contrast.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2020, 03:44 AM   #15
rockysmith76
Banned

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I don't know... Does trying to use taxpayer money to fund"pray away the gay" conversation therapy counts as torture (at least psychological)

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
The **** Cheney did in relation to that pales though, that is bad, but jumper cables to one's privates is worse imo
rockysmith76 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2020, 03:45 AM   #16
rockysmith76
Banned

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Cheney could have, arguably did, run the country when Bush couldn't.
Pence wouldn't be able to.

But then, neither can Trump, so no change there.
Actually to date, religiosity aside, Pence has shown the same conspiroguano that his boss has.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics