ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags The Atheist Experience

Old 9th September 2018, 06:52 PM   #1
ynot
Philosopher

The Atheist Experience

A plug for - The Atheist Experience
A great bunch of active atheists based in Austin Texas spreading "the good rational word".
Old 9th September 2018, 07:01 PM   #2
Venom
Graduate Poster

I like the time they shut down those fanatical 9/11 Truther callers. Annoyed the **** out of me.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 06:32 AM   #3
pharphis
Graduate Poster

After the first couple dozen you get the picture. Personally, I prefer Matt Dillahunty's channel for his Atheist Debate series as he goes much further in depth with scripted videos on the arguments.
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2018, 08:28 AM   #4
The Great Zaganza
Philosopher

Can they at least build an Ark?
Old 10th September 2018, 03:16 PM   #5
Thor 2
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ynot View Post
A plug for - The Atheist Experience
A great bunch of active atheists based in Austin Texas spreading "the good rational word".

Yes, a great bunch of active atheists indeed. Matt, as a trainee preacher turned atheist, is an inspiration to us all. He and the others, who sit through the endless and repetitive submissions of the faithful, show a tolerance many, including myself, do not have. Would be great if we could get some figures on how successful they are in deprograming the deluded.
Old 10th September 2018, 04:14 PM   #6
ynot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
After the first couple dozen you get the picture. Personally, I prefer Matt Dillahunty's channel for his Atheist Debate series as he goes much further in depth with scripted videos on the arguments.
I agree - https://www.patreon.com/AtheistDebates
Old 11th September 2018, 06:27 PM   #7
winter salt
Thinker

I have been listening to their archived episodes for a year "religiously". (Recently lightened up though). They were very influential in my development as a more knowledgeable atheist. (Actually after watching them for a while only I was able to call myself an atheist). They were a good window to the intellectual superiority of a skeptic over a believer, for me.
To me also there is non like Tracy Harris. She also teaches how to communicate to people, rather than winning arguments alone.
winter salt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2018, 08:06 PM   #8
Thor 2
Illuminator

I'am a fan of Tracy also. Has a delicate way of making an argument without coming down too heavy on the woo merchant.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy