ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Florida incidents , school incidents , school shootings , shooting incidents

Closed Thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 02:27 PM   #3841
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Why is "survivor" in quotes? Are you suggesting she actually died?
Oh my god, is she a zombie?

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 02:30 PM   #3842
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Oh my god, is she a zombie?
Well there you go, if the "survivors" of gun attacks are actually zombies they obviously you can't restrict peoples access to guns. /thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 02:39 PM   #3843
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Well there you go, if the "survivors" of gun attacks are actually zombies they obviously you can't restrict peoples access to guns. /thread

Zombies have rights too.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 03:49 PM   #3844
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Pointless? Not if it's for the peanut gallery or for self-indulgence.
Fair call... I mean pointless from the aspect that CTs are intractable. You can never convince them they are wrong because they can always just make up new lies to keep the conspiracy real.

However, I do debate moon landing deniers (even though that is also pointless for the same reasons as above) for no other reason than to allow the peanut gallery, the lurkers and those in the bleachers to see how stupid their arguments are.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 03:53 PM   #3845
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

<snip>

That's probably too low-level, given that she can still talk, supposedly. A doppleganger, maybe? Certain kinds of vampires? An alien masquerading as a victim to try to pave the way for their coming invasion? Maybe she was never actually alive in the first place, because she's a soulless heathen, as all humans are until they truly worship the Great Garbonzo and it bestows a soul upon them. There's plenty of interesting possibilities, I'd say.

We can narrow the field down considerably. She doesn't want to hang out in school with a violent, Nazi-wannabe racist. That limits limits the possibilities to barely subhuman, at best.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 04:50 PM   #3846
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
We can narrow the field down considerably. She doesn't want to hang out in school with a violent, Nazi-wannabe racist. That limits limits the possibilities to barely subhuman, at best.
Are you sure? If those "survivors" were actually any of the suggestions, how much can we trust anything that they say about what "she" actually wanted or not? And why would supposedly not wanting to hang out in school with a violent, Nazi-wannabe racist matter when the one who supposedly had feelings (or were soulless, so the feelings were fake) like that is no longer with us, anyways?

Last edited by Aridas; 3rd April 2018 at 04:55 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:18 PM   #3847
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Are you sure? If those "survivors" were actually any of the suggestions, how much can we trust anything that they say about what "she" actually wanted or not? And why would supposedly not wanting to hang out in school with a violent, Nazi-wannabe racist matter when the one who supposedly had feelings (or were soulless, so the feelings were fake) like that is no longer with us, anyways?

Exactly.

That's why anything these so-called "survivors" say can be safely discounted.

Or reviled, as in the case of Ingraham.

Those advertisers are totally over-reacting.
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:41 PM   #3848
CaptainHowdy
Muse

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I'm not saying this is not true, as odd things happen, but I find it slightly difficult to believe the Russians care about a mass shooting in the US
The "Russia stole our election" conspiracy theorists see Russian bots in their breakfast cereal.
CaptainHowdy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 01:19 AM   #3849
Nessie
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy View Post
The "Russia stole our election" conspiracy theorists see Russian bots in their breakfast cereal.
Still waiting for you to answer my questions.
Old 4th April 2018, 03:44 AM   #3850
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

I said unambiguously that Emma and David are "crisis actors."
And you don't see any problem with stating that?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 04:18 AM   #3851
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I'm not saying this is not true, as odd things happen, but I find it slightly difficult to believe the Russians care about a mass shooting in the US
Their motivation seems to be to stir up trouble and discord, especially by widening partisan gaps. They know that gun control is a very divisive issue in the US. I would be surprised if they were not active in trying to stir the pot on this subject. It presents one of their best opportunities in a while.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 04:25 AM   #3852
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I said unambiguously that Emma and David are "crisis actors." I didn't say all the survivors were.

I think the problem here might be that you don't understand the term "crisis actor".

In the aftermath of the killings, when David and Emma et. al. started speaking out, there were allegations flung around the interwebz that this group of students were not survivors at all, that they were not students at all. These were, according to the CTers, professional actors, brought to Parkland, Florida, to pose as students while pushing their agenda.

That is completely and totally nuts, of course, but that is what you are "unambiguously" saying about David and Emma.

You have some unorthodox views, and your posting style is filled with wild exaggerations and distortions of other people's statements, but you don't strike me as a complete and utter lunatic. Therefore, I think you have misunderstood and are misusing the term "crisis actor".
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 04:43 AM   #3853
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Can someone explain what the supposed crisis actors are supposed to be trying to achieve?

It seems a bit involved in order to improve background checks before buying guns.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th April 2018, 04:46 AM   #3854
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Can someone explain what the supposed crisis actors are supposed to be trying to achieve?

Maybe they are investors who are shorting shares in gunmakers?
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 12:48 AM   #3855
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Mod InfoThread is running slow; continues here.
Posted By:zooterkin
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events