ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 5th October 2019, 10:57 PM   #3161
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
You really really don't know what your talking about. As usual. You can find Red barns in probably every State, maybe every county regardless of their heritage.

Here's what the Farmer's Almanac says why so many barns are painted red.
I wrote better compositions than that when I was ten.
Old 6th October 2019, 01:04 AM   #3162
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
That's an improvement. I'm surprised you didn't claim you wrote better compositions when you were 6 months old. You've been given several quotes from different sources explaining why barns are traditionally colored red. Were all of them beneath your composition requirements?

You still can't quote me saying red barns only exist in Finland but as earlier explained, that takes intellectual honesty.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 6th October 2019 at 01:08 AM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 02:06 AM   #3163
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
That's an improvement. I'm surprised you didn't claim you wrote better compositions when you were 6 months old. You've been given several quotes from different sources explaining why barns are traditionally colored red. Were all of them beneath your composition requirements?

You still can't quote me saying red barns only exist in Finland but as earlier explained, that takes intellectual honesty.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post12844481
Old 6th October 2019, 07:32 AM   #3164
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

You know, I find it absolutely remarkable how effect you are at diverting attention from your lies and distortions. Just a couple of pages back you were insisting;

1. Guede was given a key to the school by an employee, that owner Del Prato confirmed this and that the employee was later sacked.
2. Amanda was forced to apologize to her roommate for the prank back at UW
3. Amanda hazed her roommate

Of course, none of this was true. But rather than just being honest and admit you had all of these things wrong we wind up in this multi-page, multi-thread debate over why most barns in the US are red (and the vast majority of barns in the US ARE red... just something else you'd rather fight tooth and nail over than just admit you don't have a flippin clue what you're talking about)

You might have written better compositions when you were ten, but you aren't ten any more any your compositions nowadays are lousy.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 07:50 AM   #3165
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
You know, I find it absolutely remarkable how effect you are at diverting attention from your lies and distortions. Just a couple of pages back you were insisting;

1. Guede was given a key to the school by an employee, that owner Del Prato confirmed this and that the employee was later sacked.
2. Amanda was forced to apologize to her roommate for the prank back at UW
3. Amanda hazed her roommate

Of course, none of this was true. But rather than just being honest and admit you had all of these things wrong we wind up in this multi-page, multi-thread debate over why most barns in the US are red (and the vast majority of barns in the US ARE red... just something else you'd rather fight tooth and nail over than just admit you don't have a flippin clue what you're talking about)

You might have written better compositions when you were ten, but you aren't ten any more any your compositions nowadays are lousy.

I read the case documents. You and your chums claimed Guede broke and entered into the nursery and even that he had a burglary history which was untrue. The nursery owner confirmed a staff member likely provided him access.

You do not apologise for a 'prank' unless the distress of the victim you hazed forces you to. Knox only mentions an apology because she's aware a friend from Seattle has grassed on her about this (Ada) so she thinks adding she apologised softens the callous nature of her attack.
Old 6th October 2019, 09:01 AM   #3166
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

I read the case documents. You and your chums claimed Guede broke and entered into the nursery and even that he had a burglary history which was untrue. The nursery owner confirmed a staff member likely provided him access.

You do not apologise for a 'prank' unless the distress of the victim you hazed forces you to. Knox only mentions an apology because she's aware a friend from Seattle has grassed on her about this (Ada) so she thinks adding she apologised softens the callous nature of her attack.
He did break into the school. There is no evidence he was given a key. But more to the point, you claimed Del Prato confirmed he was given a key by an employee who was later sacked. All of this is false and you've still not admitted as much.

Guede was connected to a series of B&E's which included the school, the law office and Tramontano's home.

A prank is NOT hazing. That is your first mistake. And while it is possible you thought that was the case, it's much more likely you knew a hazing is a far more serious thing and as such you deliberately used the term when referring to the prank. You also claimed Amanda was FORCED to apologize, which is false. She apologized because the PRANK distressed her roommate.

And now you are once again pretending you can read peoples minds and know why they do the things they do. Amanda was responding to a story about the prank and explained exactly what happened, which includes her apologizing.

And now we see, not only will you not admit your numerous lies, but now you add a new flair... "callous nature of her attack". Honestly, you just can't help yourself, can you.

Pranks are intended to cause a reaction. People jumping out of garbage cans, people relocating someone's car so they think it's been stolen, etc., etc., etc. There is nothing "callous" in what Amanda AND HER OTHER FRIENDS did in this case, it was a PRANK. And there is absolutely no aspect of the prank that qualifies as "attack".

Guess what, Vixen. Everyone else on this board knows;

- Guede BROKE INTO the school, that Del Prato did NOT claim he was given a key by an employee and no employee was ever fired as a result of Guede's B&E.
- Amanda apologized on her own accord because the prank distressed her roommate. She was not forced to offer it.
- The difference between a prank and a hazing, and that you either aren't intelligent enough to know the difference or you deliberately called it a haze because you know the seriousness of hazing someone versus the playful nature of a prank.
- New news.. we also know there was no "callous nature" to the prank and that it was not an attack.

So I guess this means we'll be heading back to your claim that most barns in the US are not red so you can once again avoid having to admit your numerous recent lies. Unbelievable.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 10:10 AM   #3167
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't write it. Straight from the Farmer's Almanac. Did you look at the link?
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 12:52 PM   #3168
Stacyhs
Philosopher

AND YOU STILL CANNOT QUOTE ME SAYING RED BARNS ONLY EXIST IN FINLAND.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 01:07 PM   #3169
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Reading documents and comprehending them are two quite different things. You may do the former but you have serious problems with the latter.

As already presented, Del Prato said she SUPPOSED an employee gave the key to Guede. That is not confirming he did. Now you're even attempting to downplay and spin your error by saying "she confirmed he LIKELY provided him access." Really, Vix, do you think we are not wise to your tactics after all these years? You're as predictable as rain in London in January.

Are you seriously trying to claim that people never apologize for an unintended result from a prank? REALLY? Stop using the "hazing" and "forcing" bits which are nothing more than factoids you pulled right out of your behind. For God's sake, Vix it was APRIL FOOL'S DAY. If that doesn't clear it up for you, then you're just being childishly stubborn because you just can't ever admit error. You'd rather dig your heels in and just look foolish.
Old 6th October 2019, 01:13 PM   #3170
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

He did break into the school. There is no evidence he was given a key. But more to the point, you claimed Del Prato confirmed he was given a key by an employee who was later sacked. All of this is false and you've still not admitted as much.

Guede was connected to a series of B&E's which included the school, the law office and Tramontano's home.

A prank is NOT hazing. That is your first mistake. And while it is possible you thought that was the case, it's much more likely you knew a hazing is a far more serious thing and as such you deliberately used the term when referring to the prank. You also claimed Amanda was FORCED to apologize, which is false. She apologized because the PRANK distressed her roommate.

And now you are once again pretending you can read peoples minds and know why they do the things they do. Amanda was responding to a story about the prank and explained exactly what happened, which includes her apologizing.

And now we see, not only will you not admit your numerous lies, but now you add a new flair... "callous nature of her attack". Honestly, you just can't help yourself, can you.

Pranks are intended to cause a reaction. People jumping out of garbage cans, people relocating someone's car so they think it's been stolen, etc., etc., etc. There is nothing "callous" in what Amanda AND HER OTHER FRIENDS did in this case, it was a PRANK. And there is absolutely no aspect of the prank that qualifies as "attack".

Guess what, Vixen. Everyone else on this board knows;

- Guede BROKE INTO the school, that Del Prato did NOT claim he was given a key by an employee and no employee was ever fired as a result of Guede's B&E.
- Amanda apologized on her own accord because the prank distressed her roommate. She was not forced to offer it.
- The difference between a prank and a hazing, and that you either aren't intelligent enough to know the difference or you deliberately called it a haze because you know the seriousness of hazing someone versus the playful nature of a prank.
- New news.. we also know there was no "callous nature" to the prank and that it was not an attack.

So I guess this means we'll be heading back to your claim that most barns in the US are not red so you can once again avoid having to admit your numerous recent lies. Unbelievable.

Now why don't I find it surprising that a *certain* (warped) opinion would be that Knox would only have apologised (for the fake-burglary prank) if she'd been FORCED to...?

Sounds like a mindset with which we're already all too wearily familiar.
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 01:16 PM   #3171
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Reading documents and comprehending them are two quite different things. You may do the former but you have serious problems with the latter.

As already presented, Del Prato said she SUPPOSED an employee gave the key to Guede. That is not confirming he did. Now you're even attempting to downplay and spin your error by saying "she confirmed he LIKELY provided him access." Really, Vix, do you think we are not wise to your tactics after all these years? You're as predictable as rain in London in January.

Are you seriously trying to claim that people never apologize for an unintended result from a prank? REALLY? Stop using the "hazing" and "forcing" bits which are nothing more than factoids you pulled right out of your behind. For God's sake, Vix it was APRIL FOOL'S DAY. If that doesn't clear it up for you, then you're just being childishly stubborn because you just can't ever admit error. You'd rather dig your heels in and just look foolish.

Well personally, I only ever admit an error or apologise if I'm FORCED to do so. Isn't that what all reasonable, fair-minded, equitable people do.....?
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2019, 01:27 PM   #3172
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Knox's roommate obviously forced the callous Knox to apologize by threatening her with violence or Knox, being callous ya know, would never have done so. As I understand it, the "victim" and a bunch of her friends cornered Knox in their shared home and strong armed her into apologizing using brass knuckles. Knox only buckled out of fear.
Old 6th October 2019, 02:32 PM   #3173
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Knox's roommate obviously forced the callous Knox to apologize by threatening her with violence or Knox, being callous ya know, would never have done so. As I understand it, the "victim" and a bunch of her friends cornered Knox in their shared home and strong armed her into apologizing using brass knuckles. Knox only buckled out of fear.

Yes. It's totally out of the question, of course, that Knox (and her friends who also participated in setting up the prank) might have realised that it had unintentionally gone a little too far and resulted in a level of distress to one or more of the "victims", and had consequently had the common human decency to apologise.

Boy, the way some of these pro-guilt nutters commentators choose to (selectively?) evaluate the human condition is baffling. But very telling.
Old 6th October 2019, 03:30 PM   #3174
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

It's a rare group of people indeed whose grasp of composition is far, far better at the age of 10 than as an adult.....
Old 6th October 2019, 04:02 PM   #3175
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
It's a rare group of people indeed whose grasp of composition is far, far better at the age of 10 than as an adult.....
I reread it and while I don't think the author is going to give Dickens or Shakespeare a run for their money, it seems perfectly acceptable to me. But I think Vixen's real problem is the content as it demonstrated again that Vixen is just full of it. That she will say anything and own up to nothing.

I was fully willing to accept the idea that barns were painted red because of a Scandinavian influence. But not a single source I could find cited that as a reason.

Pretty much every single one suggested that the ingredients to make Red Paint/Dye was cheap and easy to come by and then tradition took over.

https://www.livescience.com/33195-ba...inted-red.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-barns-red-2017-2
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...tars-58185724/
https://aghires.com/barns-painted-red/
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....y-painted-red/
https://www.rd.com/culture/barns-are...cause-science/
https://study.com/academy/lesson/why...inted-red.html
https://allthatsinteresting.com/why-...ns-painted-red
https://www.farmersalmanac.com/barns-painted-red-240

Now, the question is, will Vixen admit she was wrong?

My guess is the answer is "no".

Last edited by acbytesla; 6th October 2019 at 04:04 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 12:14 AM   #3176
NotEvenWrong
Muse

Now, the question is, will Vixen admit she was wrong?

My guess is the answer is "no".
This barn tangent is hilarious. It may seem seem like some weird one-off throwaway, but it is a shining example of the guilter mind. "Hey let's completely fabricate stuff in our head that sounds interesting and fantastical, not check any facts, and then voila it becomes true and we'll defend it to our graves never admitting any error."

And this, my friends, is how one believes a random Seattle girl and her Italian boyfriend of one week teamed up with a random burglar off the street to engage in a pagan sex murder ritual to kill her roommate for no reason the day after Halloween.

Oh, and we're still arguing about it after 12 years. After some of the world's foremost forensic experts, the Italian Supreme Court, and the European Court for Human Rights have all found in Amanda and Raffaele's favor.

So, acbytesla, the answer to your question, is "no, Vixen will not admit she is wrong." Tack an LOOOOOOOL to the end of that for even having to ask the question.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 04:49 AM   #3177
RoseMontague
Published Author

Originally Posted by NotEvenWrong View Post
This barn tangent is hilarious. It may seem seem like some weird one-off throwaway, but it is a shining example of the guilter mind. "Hey let's completely fabricate stuff in our head that sounds interesting and fantastical, not check any facts, and then voila it becomes true and we'll defend it to our graves never admitting any error."

And this, my friends, is how one believes a random Seattle girl and her Italian boyfriend of one week teamed up with a random burglar off the street to engage in a pagan sex murder ritual to kill her roommate for no reason the day after Halloween.

Oh, and we're still arguing about it after 12 years. After some of the world's foremost forensic experts, the Italian Supreme Court, and the European Court for Human Rights have all found in Amanda and Raffaele's favor.

So, acbytesla, the answer to your question, is "no, Vixen will not admit she is wrong." Tack an LOOOOOOOL to the end of that for even having to ask the question.
You are not wrong about this. However, I think most of the PGP have quietly exited the debate without admitting they spent years promoting a wrong position. The few that are left have convinced themselves of just such a fantasy.
RoseMontague is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 05:01 AM   #3178
Disbelief
Master Poster

Still wrong, so just admit it. Quit being a typical CTist and be able to admit you were wrong about something.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 07:59 AM   #3179
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
Still wrong, so just admit it. Quit being a typical CTist and be able to admit you were wrong about something.
You do realize to whom you are speaking, no? This is the person who thinks Knox and Sollecito were acquitted not due to the lack of evidence, but due to Mafia, Masonic, and US State Dept. interference.
Old 7th October 2019, 09:09 AM   #3180
Disbelief
Master Poster

You do realize to whom you are speaking, no? This is the person who thinks Knox and Sollecito were acquitted not due to the lack of evidence, but due to Mafia, Masonic, and US State Dept. interference.
Yes, I unfortunately do. Just don't understand the CTist mindset that admitting any mistake or error is not allowed.

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 09:15 AM   #3181
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
Yes, I unfortunately do. Just don't understand the CTist mindset that admitting any mistake or error is not allowed.
Because that takes intellectual honesty, something severely lacking in the CTist mindset.
Old 7th October 2019, 10:45 AM   #3182
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

i wouldn't say this is typical of all the PGP, but it is certainly emblematic of Vixen's posts on this site.

Vixen
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 12
still hasn't admitted that Amanda and her family took a commercial flight home despite the overwhelming evidence. Or that cell phone base station antennas don't rotate. And I am sure there are many other examples. Those are just the two things to come to mind.

But arguing with a an unabashed liar is a waste of time. But it is funny sometimes watching them squirm when they know they have been caught.

Last edited by Agatha; 7th October 2019 at 11:29 AM.
Old 7th October 2019, 11:40 AM   #3183
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

i wouldn't say this is typical of all the PGP, but it is certainly emblematic of Vixen's posts on this site.

Vixen
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove breach of rule 12
still hasn't admitted that Amanda and her family took a commercial flight home despite the overwhelming evidence. Or that cell phone base station antennas don't rotate. And I am sure there are many other examples. Those are just the two things to come to mind.

But arguing with a an unabashed liar is a waste of time. But it is funny sometimes watching them squirm when they know they have been caught.
When all rational argument fails, resort to logical fallacy #101 the ad hominem.

Telephone antennae and flights are utterly irrelevant. Fact is, objective phone call logs are incriminating evidence against Knox and Sollecito.
Old 7th October 2019, 11:46 AM   #3184
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

When all rational argument fails, resort to logical fallacy #101 the ad hominem.

Telephone antennae and flights are utterly irrelevant. Fact is, objective phone call logs are incriminating evidence against Knox and Sollecito.

No they're not. Because you (and the prosecutors, and the pliant convicting courts) don't have the technical understanding to know what those call logs actually mean and imply (and what they don't mean or imply).

Next.

Oh, and how are you coming along with your lie that you possess reliable evidence of the Knox family embarking on a "$2 million PR campaign"? Those lies won't magically truth themselves, y'know
Old 7th October 2019, 12:48 PM   #3185
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Then why don't you own up to the fact that you were wrong about these things? Nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to post images of a moving radar dish and say it was a cell phone base station antenna. It wasn't other members on the thread who repeated multiple times that Amanda and her family flew a private jet home and when confronted with Youtube video evidence still wouldn't admit they were wrong. No one else here made up a story about Scandinavia heritage being the reason barns are red in America.

It's total nonsense to describe pointing out the Gish Gallop inflicted on this thread by a specific poster as an ad hominem. There is nothing personal identifying that the fabrications and falesehoods are not innocent. We know that because when overwhelming evidence is presented this person never ever ever says my "mistake, I was wrong" but instead repeats and insists they were right or alternatively disappears only to come back and repeat their fabrications.

And fixed antennas as opposed to rotating antennas would be important in pinpointing where a caller is as radio waves are directional.

We all make mistakes and there is no shame of saying something we believed to be true and admitting to being under a misapprehension. It is only shameful when we fabricate it out of thin air or being unwilling to admit our mistakes.

Last edited by acbytesla; 7th October 2019 at 01:14 PM.
Old 8th October 2019, 06:42 AM   #3186
Stacyhs
Philosopher

When all rational argument fails, bring out the same nonsense that has been refuted over and over and over again and throw in some new "Look over there!" misdirection. May I remind you that it was YOU who brought up the 'rotating cell station antennae' and 'private, chartered flights' nonsense?

You can try and focus attention onto nonsense such as that all you want, but the fact remains that NO evidence of Knox and NO CREDIBLE evidence of Sollecito being in the room where Kercher was viciously and violently murdered was found unlike the numerous forensic evidence of Guede. So suck it up.
Old 8th October 2019, 09:04 AM   #3187
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

You can try and focus attention onto nonsense such as that all you want, but the fact remains that NO evidence of Knox and NO CREDIBLE evidence of Sollecito being in the room where Kercher was viciously and violently murdered was found unlike the numerous forensic evidence of Guede. So suck it up.
What do Harry Rag, Vixen, and Peter Quennell have in reply to this?

They'll throw all sorts of misdirection at you, but at the end of the day they claim that the Italian Courts **in this single case** were corrupted by Mafia and Masonic inspired, with an American Media funded conspiracy.

They haven't even bothered to demonstrate the existence of such a conspiracy as a wide ranging problem infecting even the Italian Supreme Court. It's just this one case, of a random Seattleite hippy chick and a urologist's son from the south of Italy.

Their theory is that the conspiracy is a one-off.

So, which are we to believe?
Old 8th October 2019, 12:08 PM   #3188
TruthCalls
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
What do Harry Rag, Vixen, and Peter Quennell have in reply to this?

They'll throw all sorts of misdirection at you, but at the end of the day they claim that the Italian Courts **in this single case** were corrupted by Mafia and Masonic inspired, with an American Media funded conspiracy.

They haven't even bothered to demonstrate the existence of such a conspiracy as a wide ranging problem infecting even the Italian Supreme Court. It's just this one case, of a random Seattleite hippy chick and a urologist's son from the south of Italy.

Their theory is that the conspiracy is a one-off.

So, which are we to believe?
Harry, Vixen and fast Pete would also claim there is a "mountain of evidence" irrespective of Meredith's bedroom and therefore the lack of evidence in the room doesn't matter. It's called selective blindness while looking through a tunnel.
Old 8th October 2019, 01:07 PM   #3189
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Harry, Vixen and fast Pete would also claim there is a "mountain of evidence" irrespective of Meredith's bedroom and therefore the lack of evidence in the room doesn't matter. It's called selective blindness while looking through a tunnel.
Harry Rag gets around this, so he thinks, by saying, "but the whole cottage is the crime scene."

Yet that is ignoring the issue. What Rag ignores is the obvious question: why is AK's forensic presence in the rest of the cottage suspicious? She lived there! And.......

There still is no forensic presence of her in the crime room! (Borrowing the rationale of the M/B report) **even if** that mountain of evidence is true, the decisive element is the lack of her presence in the crime room!

There it sits.
Old 9th October 2019, 02:59 AM   #3190
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bill Williams View Post
Harry Rag gets around this, so he thinks, by saying, "but the whole cottage is the crime scene."

Yet that is ignoring the issue. What Rag ignores is the obvious question: why is AK's forensic presence in the rest of the cottage suspicious? She lived there! And.......

There still is no forensic presence of her in the crime room! (Borrowing the rationale of the M/B report) **even if** that mountain of evidence is true, the decisive element is the lack of her presence in the crime room!

There it sits.
And in the rest of the cottage we find a couple drops of Amanda's blood on her faucet. Sounds like it could be incriminating until one learns that no wounds were found on Amanda's body. No cuts, no wounds, no scratches. What supports its complete lack of connection to the murder is the fact that Amanda pointed it out to the police herself so she was aware of its existence.

What we do find is an infected ear piercing which could easily have dropped a small amount of blood on the faucet while Amanda was leaning over the sink. Instead, we have claims of Amanda "bleeding profusely". Just where all that blood went, only the guilters can imagine. I guess Amanda cleaned it all up but deliberately left her blood on the faucet. Go figure.

We still see the guilters claiming Kercher's blood was mixed with Amanda's DNA (and even her blood) in Filomena's room despite the negative TMB tests showing it wasn't blood, just the normal and expected mixed DNA from people who live there.

I fail to see how anything in the rest of the cottage implicates Knox or Sollecito. Guede? Definitely.
Old 9th October 2019, 03:27 AM   #3191
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

And in the rest of the cottage we find a couple drops of Amanda's blood on her faucet. Sounds like it could be incriminating until one learns that no wounds were found on Amanda's body. No cuts, no wounds, no scratches. What supports its complete lack of connection to the murder is the fact that Amanda pointed it out to the police herself so she was aware of its existence.

What we do find is an infected ear piercing which could easily have dropped a small amount of blood on the faucet while Amanda was leaning over the sink. Instead, we have claims of Amanda "bleeding profusely". Just where all that blood went, only the guilters can imagine. I guess Amanda cleaned it all up but deliberately left her blood on the faucet. Go figure.

We still see the guilters claiming Kercher's blood was mixed with Amanda's DNA (and even her blood) in Filomena's room despite the negative TMB tests showing it wasn't blood, just the normal and expected mixed DNA from people who live there.

I fail to see how anything in the rest of the cottage implicates Knox or Sollecito. Guede? Definitely.
You ain't no biologist.
Old 9th October 2019, 04:05 AM   #3192
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

You ain't no biologist.

Is that really your best attempt at addressing that argument....?
Old 9th October 2019, 04:21 AM   #3193
Bill Williams
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Is that really your best attempt at addressing that argument....?
However, that actually **is** the best rebuttal Vixen can muster while being truthful. Meaning, that Vixen has de facto conceded that Stacyhs is correct, because at the end of the day all Vixen has in reply is a non sequitur.

Similarly, Stacyhs has made many claims that the BA flight Knox took back to the U.S. from London in 2011 was a regularly scheduled one. Vixen's rebuttal on that point would similarly be.....

"How would you know, you're no air-traffic controller!"

But let's also consider this, Vixen cannot name one forensic-DNA expert in the world (namely, a real biologist) who agrees with Stefanoni's original forensic conclusions, save for one who also conceded that she'd not followed international protocols, and another who admitted to never having seen the negative controls.

So..... that's what's called an "own goal" by bringing up the non sequitur that Vixen just chucked into the thread for no other reason.

Last edited by Bill Williams; 9th October 2019 at 04:23 AM.
Bill Williams is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 06:22 AM   #3194
Stacyhs
Philosopher

You ain't no biologist.
I know this is an extremely long shot, but would you care to actually address a specific point with why it's incorrect?

1) Was any of Amanda's blood (or Sollecito's) found anywhere in the cottage aside from a couple small drops on her faucet spout?

2) Where any wounds found on Amanda's (or Sollecito's) body aside from recent ear piercings?

3) If Amanda was "bleeding profusely", was any evidence of this found?

4) Did the TMB tests on the samples in Filomena's room and on the luminol revealed prints elsewhere in the house result in positive for human blood or not?

5) Did, or did not, Stefanoni testify that TMB negative tests mean blood could still be present?

6) Did Amanda clean up, or attempt to hide, her own blood on the faucet and in the bathroom from the police?

7) Is there any forensic evidence of Amanda anywhere in the house that ties her explicitly to the murder?

I am no biologist but I don't need to be when biologists themselves point out that the only answer to every question above is "no".
Old 9th October 2019, 06:29 AM   #3195
NotEvenWrong
Muse

You ain't no biologist.
What a great comeback. Well, Fixen, I AM in fact a (molecular) biologist, and I can verify everything Stacyh is saying is correct.

And even if you don't want to agree with me because I clearly don't subscribe to your "Bigfoot possessed Amanda Knox when she smoked weed and she turned into a sex crazed murder-bot", then you can actually read the opinions of EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONAL BIOLOGIST THAT HAS EXAMINED THE EVIDENCE AND THEY ALL AGREE AS WELL. And one of them is the founding father of forensic genetics.

[fx] Vixen's brain shuts off [/fx] "But what about the heroin addict witnesssss huh?!??"

Last edited by NotEvenWrong; 9th October 2019 at 06:31 AM.
NotEvenWrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 07:11 AM   #3196
whoanellie
Muse

You ain't no biologist.
This is rich coming from someone who has posted here that DNA is a protein and that cells are extracted from their nuclei. If any one wants the links I can provide them.
whoanellie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 07:15 AM   #3197
Stacyhs
Philosopher

What a great comeback. Well, Fixen, I AM in fact a (molecular) biologist, and I can verify everything Stacyh is saying is correct.

And even if you don't want to agree with me because I clearly don't subscribe to your "Bigfoot possessed Amanda Knox when she smoked weed and she turned into a sex crazed murder-bot", then you can actually read the opinions of EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONAL BIOLOGIST THAT HAS EXAMINED THE EVIDENCE AND THEY ALL AGREE AS WELL. And one of them is the founding father of forensic genetics.

[fx] Vixen's brain shuts off [/fx] "But what about the heroin addict witnesssss huh?!??"
But what about her body language? And her eyes? And the knickers she bought? And the April Fool's prank? And the going away party?
Reminds me of the Trumpers' "But Hillary's EMAILS" and "Benghazi!" nonsense.
Old 9th October 2019, 11:05 AM   #3198
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by whoanellie View Post
This is rich coming from someone who has posted here that DNA is a protein and that cells are extracted from their nuclei. If any one wants the links I can provide them.
I remember her claiming that! Hysterical!
Old 9th October 2019, 11:44 PM   #3199
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I remember her claiming that! Hysterical!
To quote your hero: 'VERY SAD! Cofveve'
Old 10th October 2019, 03:54 AM   #3200
Stacyhs
Philosopher

To quote your hero: 'VERY SAD! Cofveve'
My 'hero'?

Noted: Vixen did not deny it making those claims. That's progress.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors