ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Old 7th October 2019, 03:58 PM   #3041
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
I have been waiting 5 years for Tony Sz. to send me the input data for his computer model. All I get from him is excuses and insults.

Hulsey model...if we get anything, it will after the deadline for report comments.
For over 5 years I've been waiting for Scarlett Johansson to knock on my door. Promises promises.

Why should Tony waste his valuable time on requests that lack in sincerity?
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2019, 05:42 PM   #3042
MileHighMadness
Muse

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
For over 5 years I've been waiting for Scarlett Johansson to knock on my door. Promises promises.

Tony will not give me the data, because he knows I will expose it for the lie it is. He preset the results, and built a computer model to match. Unethical, unprofessional, and an insults to all those who died on 9/11.
Old 8th October 2019, 12:25 AM   #3043
AsbjornAndersen
Scholar

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I first saw it last Thursday (nearly 4 days ago)
Ah, I was checking the university page not ae911, and no updates are made there
http://ine.uaf.edu/projects/wtc7/
AsbjornAndersen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 07:32 AM   #3044
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
Hulsey model...if we get anything, it will after the deadline for report comments.

Yes, but what happens when that "deadline" passes?

The answer is "nothing," isn't it? So who cares?
Old 8th October 2019, 07:35 AM   #3045
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Yes, but what happens when that "deadline" passes?
AE911T announces to the half-dozen people still listening that the conclusions of the report are uncontested by the entire structural engineering community, and that therefore the collapse of WTC7 is proven to have been caused by silent explosives or explosive thermite, according to preference.

Then nothing happens.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th October 2019, 08:10 AM   #3046
Josarhus
Thinker

Originally Posted by AsbjornAndersen View Post
Ah, I was checking the university page not ae911, and no updates are made there
http://ine.uaf.edu/projects/wtc7/
Wonder if AE actually consultet Hulsey on this, or they just made up the excuse?
Old 8th October 2019, 09:01 AM   #3047
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
AE911T announces to the half-dozen people still listening that the conclusions of the report are uncontested by the entire structural engineering community, and that therefore the collapse of WTC7 is proven to have been caused by silent explosives or explosive thermite, according to preference.

Then nothing happens.

Dave
Perhaps they grow weary of beating their collective heads against a wall and then do nothing. It is a logical error on AE911T to conclude the report is correct when no one steps up to contradict the results.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 02:18 AM   #3048
JSanderO
Master Poster

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Perhaps they grow weary of beating their collective heads against a wall and then do nothing. It is a logical error on AE911T to conclude the report is correct when no one steps up to contradict the results.
911 truthism is beset with all manner of logical errors and lack of critical thinking. They never have made an affirmative case for CD... or an engineered destruction of the WTC buildings. The usual MO is to try to show something in the official narrative is "impossible"... but these claims are false. The underlying premise for this approach is not without basis. We are all subject to spin and PR and so forth such as in advertising. They then assume that all accounts of the gov, media etc. related to 911 are simply PR and spin and told to conceal what really occurred.... and amount to a coordinated cover up of the essential truth... that the event was needed as a pretext for starting wars in the ME. This notion comes from the Project for a New American Century which correctly notes that if the USA was attacked... such as a Pearl Harbor event... the response would be a war. So the conclusion is the event was staged to be a Pearl Harbor-like event... the means to the end which was to start a ME war 911 trutherism dismisses the notion that terrorism exists and non state actors are out there who want to strike at the "establishment". Again... terrorism is dismissed as establishment sponsored false flag operations. The thinking is not without some internal logic... but many of the premises are simply false and the logic becomes GIGO - garbage in garbage out.

And then you get the truther technical attempts... none of them stand up to any technical scrutiny... regardless if they contact some factual material... GerryCan, Tony Szamboti, Gordon Ross, Steven Jones, Hulsey, Harrit and on and on.

Last edited by JSanderO; 9th October 2019 at 02:22 AM.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 02:32 AM   #3049
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Perhaps they grow weary of beating their collective heads against a wall and then do nothing.
After 18 years, the odds that it's going to be this year are getting pretty slim.

It is a logical error on AE911T to conclude the report is correct when no one steps up to contradict the results.
That's called "playing to your strengths."

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 09:05 AM   #3050
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
911 truthism is beset with all manner of logical errors and lack of critical thinking. They never have made an affirmative case for CD... or an engineered destruction of the WTC buildings. The usual MO is to try to show something in the official narrative is "impossible"... but these claims are false. The underlying premise for this approach is not without basis. We are all subject to spin and PR and so forth such as in advertising. They then assume that all accounts of the gov, media etc. related to 911 are simply PR and spin and told to conceal what really occurred.... and amount to a coordinated cover up of the essential truth... that the event was needed as a pretext for starting wars in the ME. This notion comes from the Project for a New American Century which correctly notes that if the USA was attacked... such as a Pearl Harbor event... the response would be a war. So the conclusion is the event was staged to be a Pearl Harbor-like event... the means to the end which was to start a ME war 911 trutherism dismisses the notion that terrorism exists and non state actors are out there who want to strike at the "establishment". Again... terrorism is dismissed as establishment sponsored false flag operations. The thinking is not without some internal logic... but many of the premises are simply false and the logic becomes GIGO - garbage in garbage out.

And then you get the truther technical attempts... none of them stand up to any technical scrutiny... regardless if they contact some factual material... GerryCan, Tony Szamboti, Gordon Ross, Steven Jones, Hulsey, Harrit and on and on.
This one went over/around my head?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 11:33 AM   #3051
heymatto70
Scholar

I'm thinking ME = Middle East.
heymatto70 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 11:52 AM   #3052
JSanderO
Master Poster

Your head is not working properly?????
Old 9th October 2019, 12:08 PM   #3053
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by heymatto70 View Post
That would make sense, thanks.
Old 9th October 2019, 04:41 PM   #3054
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by heymatto70 View Post
We all ... or at least I - tend to assume that common acronyms are understood by most active posters.
I routinely refer to AE911 but have occasionally had that one queried.

And I've even had ME questioned by members of a FaceBook group that has its main focus on the geo-politics.
....the last place I would have expected any lack of understanding of "ME"
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 05:00 PM   #3055
curious cat
Thinker

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
We all ... or at least I - tend to assume that common acronyms are understood by most active posters.
I routinely refer to AE911 but have occasionally had that one queried.

And I've even had ME questioned by members of a FaceBook group that has its main focus on the geo-politics.
....the last place I would have expected any lack of understanding of "ME"
Absolutely. Everybody knows it has to be one of these:

Acronym Definition
ME Middle English
ME Middle East
ME Maine (US postal abbreviation)
ME Millennium Edition (Microsoft Windows)
ME Medical Examiner
ME Modern English
ME Middle Earth
ME Mode Entry
ME Mobile Electronics
ME Mass Effect (game)
ME Managing Editor (newspaper industry)
ME Mirror's Edge (game)
ME Main Engine
ME Mail Early (slogan of post office)
ME Mechanical Engineer
ME Model Engineer
ME Mobile Equipment
ME Mechanical Engineering
ME Master of Engineering (degree program)
ME Manufacturing Engineering
ME Medical Education
ME Mid-Engine
ME Marriage Encounter
ME Maximum Effort
ME Maintenance Equipment
ME Spanish North Africa
ME Marine Engineer
ME Mechanical Equipment
ME Mount Everest
ME Military Equipment
ME Moral Education (school subject)
ME Middle East Airlines (Air Liban, Lebanon, IATA airline code)
ME Mission Employment (active phase of a mission or exercise)
ME Members Equity (Australian Bank)
ME Mutant Enemy
ME Motion Estimation (part of temporal redundancy coding technique used in digital television)
ME Maître (French title)
ME Messerschmitt (German aircraft manufacturer)
ME Melissa Etheridge (musician)
ME Miscellaneous Equipment
ME Ministry of Environment
ME Medway (postcode, United Kingdom)
ME Mitsubishi Electric (various locations)
ME Opening Information (filename extension; as in READ.ME)
ME Master Electrician
ME Mobility Equipment
ME Macro Economics
ME Mechanized (welding)
ME Management Engineering
ME Mission Essential
ME Multi-Edit
ME Microwave Engineering
ME Ministério da Educação (Portuguese Ministry for Education)
ME Minimum Energy
ME Maximum Entropy
ME Materials Engineer
ME Michael Ellis (musician)
ME Methyl Group (-ch3)
ME Month Ending
ME Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
ME Muzzle Energy
ME Molecular Electronics
ME Main Effort
ME Micro-Economics
ME Moneda Extranjera (Spanish: Foreign Currency)
ME Metabolizable Energy
ME Master's Degree in Engineering
ME Multiengine
ME Mission Économique (French: Economic Mission; various locations)
ME Mental Endurance (Rifts RPG)
ME Medicina Estetica
ME Management Entity
ME Main Electronics
ME Mobiele Eenheid
ME Montreal Exchange
ME Marine Enlisted
ME Messina, Sicilia (Italian province)
ME Managed Entity
ME Minimum Evolution
ME Maintenance Entity (ITU-T)
ME Mechanical End
ME Mission Evangélique (French)
ME Maneuver Enhancement (Brigade)
ME Ministria e Ekonomisë (Ministry of Economics, Albania)
ME Moniteur-Educateur (French: Teacher for Children with Difficulties)
ME Mental Excellence (education)
ME Margin Enhancement
ME Mature Equivalent
ME Mass Excavation (hydraulic excavators)
ME Molecular Emission
ME Managed Element
ME Moessbauer Effect
ME Mapping Entity
ME Muse Elf (gaming)
ME Multiple Exceptionalities (education)
ME Manpower Estimate
ME Minimum Number of Errors
ME Main Etch (semiconductor gate etching)
ME Mirador Electoral (Guatemala)
ME Marine Etablissement (Dutch)
ME Microcode Engineer
ME Military Special Delivery (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
ME Missile Enable
ME Music Exhibitioner
ME Morristown and Erie Railway Incorporated
ME Multi Equipos (Guatemala)
ME Motion Executor
ME Maintenance/Methods Engineering
curious cat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th October 2019, 07:40 PM   #3056
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
Your head is not working properly?????
Perhaps this time.
Old 10th October 2019, 11:41 AM   #3057
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Originally Posted by curious cat View Post

Not to mention me, a name I call myself (when rendered in all caps for emphasis).
Old 10th October 2019, 03:40 PM   #3058
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by curious cat View Post
Sure - we can make a joke. The serious point remains as stated.

Last edited by ozeco41; 10th October 2019 at 03:41 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2019, 07:28 PM   #3059
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
Why would he not be open about his input data in the first place? I can't think of a single good, rational reason to leave out something that crucial.
Old 13th October 2019, 04:33 AM   #3060
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Quote:
(Update: Please be advised the data has not been posted yet due to technical issues encountered while uploading several hundred gigabytes of data. It will be available as soon as the technical issues are resolved.)
"Please be advised I cannot release my tax returns because I am under audit", or "please be advised you cannot meet my girlfriend because she lives in Canada and won't let me take photos of her or talk to me on Skype with you because she is very shy", or "my dog ate my homework".
Old 14th October 2019, 06:59 AM   #3061
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
"Please be advised I cannot release my tax returns because I am under audit", or "please be advised you cannot meet my girlfriend because she lives in Canada and won't let me take photos of her or talk to me on Skype with you because she is very shy", or "my dog ate my homework".
The check is in the mail.
I'll still respect you in the morning.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
Old 14th October 2019, 07:34 AM   #3062
bknight
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
The check is in the mail.
I'll still respect you in the morning.
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
I guess that all depends on which lawyer is defining the term "sexual relations", doesn't it?
Old 15th October 2019, 10:53 AM   #3063
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Is anyone going to submit a review / public comment to the AE/Hulsey team by November 1st?
Please private message me!
Old Yesterday, 07:30 AM   #3064
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Data is available for download now from http://ine.uaf.edu/projects/wtc7/
Quote:
Please be advised that the size of this ZIP file is 256 GB and that, after unzipping the file, the size of the folder containing all of the files is 632 GB. Therefore, downloading the ZIP file and unzipping it will require approximately 900 GB of storage space.
They also extended the time for reviews:
Quote:
There will be a two-month public comment period from September 3 to November 15, 2019, with the final report to be released later this year.
Was November 01 before.

The data is in a domain wtc7report.org, which does not itself resolve, and is protected behind Cloudflare.
A whois reveals that this domain was registered via GoDaddy recently on 2019-08-15, and last changed on 2019-10-14
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #3065
bknight
Graduate Poster

Data is available for download now from http://ine.uaf.edu/projects/wtc7/

They also extended the time for reviews:

Was November 01 before.

The data is in a domain wtc7report.org, which does not itself resolve, and is protected behind Cloudflare.
A whois reveals that this domain was registered via GoDaddy recently on 2019-08-15, and last changed on 2019-10-14
I have a question concerning the data. Will it be necessary to have software that will load the data to make some sense? I don't plan on downloading it, JAQ.
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #3066
MileHighMadness
Muse

For me this is a 6-7 hour download. I'll will attempt to download everything tonight. Wish me luck...
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #3067
ozeco41
Philosopher

I have a question concerning the data. Will it be necessary to have software that will load the data to make some sense? I don't plan on downloading it, JAQ.
Probably for the structural material. I have no intention of downloading .. anyone familiar with my approach to these explanations of WTC collapses will know why. IMNSHO most of us spend too much time digging in the details when there are fatal errors in the 'bigger picture' of base assumptions and framing of the logic. As I said in my very first Internet post:
Quote:
The paper referenced as Engineering Reality by Tony Szamboti is typical of many which look impressive in detail to the non-engineer. The complex calculations may even be correct but the base premises are faulty and the resulting conclusions can readily be demonstrated to be totally wrong.
That was 2007 - before I even knew who T Szamboti was - but whether by coincidence or not the 'arguments' supporting this UAF project show the trademarks of that persistent 'style'.

Stated differently - it is meaningless to argue aboutl "How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" when you are in the wrong forest.

Last edited by ozeco41; Yesterday at 12:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #3068
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Probably for the structural material. I have no intention of downloading .. anyone familiar with my approach to these explanations of WTC collapses will know why. IMNSHO most of us spend too much time digging in the details when there are fatal errors in the 'bigger picture' of base assumptions and framing of the logic.
Well said. The paper fails at the get go. As you have said many times, you can't start with a false premise......forest through the trees...

This study is a prime example of this.

I don't post or follow this much anymore, I don't see the point. I do look in from time to time but, I'm done playing the peeing contest with people that don't see the flaw in their logic from the start.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #3069
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

...IMNSHO most of us spend too much time digging in the details when there are fatal errors in the 'bigger picture' of base assumptions and framing of the logic. ...

Stated differently - it is meaningless to argue aboutl "How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" when you are in the wrong forest.
I think the kind of information some of us are looking for is not the detail level of how did they model the connection between x and y on floor z, but more fundamentally: Did they run the sim with a setting that at all looks and generates connections failures - or are (some) connections set to be unbreakable? Is it true that they did not do non-linear dynamic analysis where they should have? I.e. showing that the simulations were "set up to fail" by Hulsey and his team.

My download is running, and I won't see it before I shall have slept another night and worked another day. But I already saw some glimpses that reveal there are some .doc/.docx documents as well as images and videos of simulation results, so those you can look at without specialized software.
The CAD and FEA model data of course requires software that can interprete CAD or FEA. I.e. AutoCAD, SAP2001 or ABAQUS. Or you write your own code
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #3070
bknight
Graduate Poster

I think the kind of information some of us are looking for is not the detail level of how did they model the connection between x and y on floor z, but more fundamentally: Did they run the sim with a setting that at all looks and generates connections failures - or are (some) connections set to be unbreakable? Is it true that they did not do non-linear dynamic analysis where they should have? I.e. showing that the simulations were "set up to fail" by Hulsey and his team.

My download is running, and I won't see it before I shall have slept another night and worked another day. But I already saw some glimpses that reveal there are some .doc/.docx documents as well as images and videos of simulation results, so those you can look at without specialized software.
The CAD and FEA model data of course requires software that can interprete CAD or FEA. I.e. AutoCAD, SAP2001 or ABAQUS. Or you write your own code
Ack!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories