IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 5th September 2021, 11:05 AM   #521
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,607
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I didn't say that he absolutely did no wrongdoing; just that the impetus was clearly ridiculously partisan politics. There is zero doubt on this. Transparent is more like when those in a forum populated by hardcore liberals try to characterize themselves as being "moderates".
You can say whatever you want, it doesn't make it true.

Are you seriously claiming Dump's serious ties to Russia, his attempted quid pro quo with the president of the Ukraine, his inciting a mob to storm the Capitol, and his undermining of democracy with The Big Lie were not something anyone should prosecute unless it was done for political motives?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:08 AM   #522
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
This is, I believe, what one calls talking out of both sides of your mouth.

To believe that crap in the second paragraph one has to have ignored reality for most of Dump's term in office.



And that is the reality of which I speak.
It is impossible for some to understand how someone can call out a clearly partisan witch-hunt, but also not be a "Trump supporter". It is mind-boggling. And quite frankly, consistently referring to Trump as "Dump" clearly shows a bias.

It would be like someone constantly referring to him as a "stable genius", but then suggesting that they can have an impartial opinion on such matters.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:18 AM   #523
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Yeah, this makes perfect sense. "Idiot" and "Moron" are the words I most often use to express my support.

It was a partisan witch hunt, no doubt. Anyone who is honest with themselves knows this; it is just a matter of whether they can admit it. After the 2016 election, the Dems spent the next three years trying to clean the egg from their faces. They couldn't accept their own defeat to a reality show host who had no real experience in politics.
What you continue to ignore is that any impeachment is going to be looked at as a partisan witch hunt by the opposing party except in rare circumstances where 1) the 'crime' is so very, very blatant that it cannot be hand waved away AND 2) members of the POTUS' own party are not sycophants and/or more interested in getting re-elected and convinced they won't be if they vote to impeach/convict that POTUS. In Trump's case 1 existed but 2 did not...in both impeachments. Anyone who is honest with him himself knows this; it is just a matter of whether he can admit it or not. After the 2016 election, the GOP spent the next FIVE years making excuses for and trying to cover up the crimes of a sociopathic, mentally ill reality show host who had no experience in politics. And they are still doing it.

Perhaps if your posts didn't almost entirely consist of defending Trump and his crimes, you might not be considered a Trump supporter. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it can't claim it isn't a duck with any credibility.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:21 AM   #524
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
It is impossible for some to understand how someone can call out a clearly partisan witch-hunt, but also not be a "Trump supporter". It is mind-boggling. And quite frankly, consistently referring to Trump as "Dump" clearly shows a bias.

It would be like someone constantly referring to him as a "stable genius", but then suggesting that they can have an impartial opinion on such matters.
Who here has claimed not to have a bias when it comes to Trump? After 5 years of his nonsense, anyone who claims they aren't biased one way or the other is either lying or an ignorant fool who pays zero attention to anything going on around him. By bet is on the former being the case.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:23 AM   #525
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 16,148
Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Counter question: which would you choose, a Hillary win in 2016, where she would have followed the existing pandemic protocols that Trump threw away, thus minimizing the effects to almost nil, or the current reality where Trump won and half a million Americans needlessly died?
Exactly. Sec Clinton without thought. Hell, I voted for her.

These questions shouldn't require any thought at all. Yet the OP was right; as recently as the previous page, posters were weighing whether a second Trump term would have been worth it. Even a hairsbreadth of hesitation confirms the OP premise, ridiculous as it is: for some posters here, it's not a no-brainer.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:27 AM   #526
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Well, fair is fair, right? Did you already answer the original question? If so, can you link the post?

Secondly, I doubt that the effects of the pandemic would have been "almost nil". But if that were the case, and it avoided hundreds of thousands of deaths, I'd take Hillary over Trump. In a heartbeat.
What else could you say considering your original post and your admitted motive for posting it?

It isn't a Sophie's Choice question in the first place because you may not like HRC's politics but she isn't a narcissistic sociopath who would have instigated an insurrection and attempted to overthrow an election just because she is so mentally ill that she couldn't admit she lost. And how do we know that? BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T IN 2016.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:35 AM   #527
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What else could you say considering your original post and your admitted motive for posting it?

It isn't a Sophie's Choice question in the first place because you may not like HRC's politics but she isn't a narcissistic sociopath who would have instigated an insurrection and attempted to overthrow an election just because she is so mentally ill that she couldn't admit she lost. And how do we know that? BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T IN 2016.
Quote:
Sophie’s choice refers to an extremely difficult decision a person has to make. It describes a situation where no outcome is preferable over the other.
Considering the question posed in the OP to be a "Sophie's Choice" is actually a very telling response. We have already covered this a few times, I believe.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius

Last edited by Warp12; 5th September 2021 at 11:37 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 11:37 AM   #528
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,525
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
It is impossible for some to understand how someone can call out a clearly partisan witch-hunt, but also not be a "Trump supporter". It is mind-boggling. And quite frankly, consistently referring to Trump as "Dump" clearly shows a bias.

It would be like someone constantly referring to him as a "stable genius", but then suggesting that they can have an impartial opinion on such matters.
How many times are you going to repeat this lie and provide ZERO EVIDENCE for? Or even the tiniest reason why they were partisan witch hunts as opposed to honest investigations into potential wrongdoings? Almost all of which substantial evidence for was uncovered.

My father use to say BS is nothing more than chewed up grass and that is what your post is.

BS
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.

Last edited by acbytesla; 5th September 2021 at 12:00 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 12:16 PM   #529
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Considering the question posed in the OP to be a "Sophie's Choice" is actually a very telling response. We have already covered this a few times, I believe.
Yes...and for the reasons given which we have already covered a few times, I believe. Yet you continue to demand people answer the way you want.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 12:35 PM   #530
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,607
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
It is impossible for some to understand how someone can call out a clearly partisan witch-hunt, but also not be a "Trump supporter". It is mind-boggling. And quite frankly, consistently referring to Trump as "Dump" clearly shows a bias.

It would be like someone constantly referring to him as a "stable genius", but then suggesting that they can have an impartial opinion on such matters.
Now you are conflating the alt-reality I posted about (which I did and which you repeatedly ignore the details of while labeling it a witch hunt which it wasn't) with claims you are a Dump supporter (which may or may not be true but I didn't address it in that post).


I have a clear, not the least bit hidden, disdain for Dump. This is not news.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 5th September 2021 at 12:38 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 12:43 PM   #531
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,607
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What you continue to ignore is that any impeachment is going to be looked at as a partisan witch hunt by the opposing party ...
Slight nitpick: this is a claim not in evidence. I believe it is equally or more likely these legislators knew damn well the crimes were real and it wasn't a witch hunt.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 12:52 PM   #532
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 6,934
Here's a jumprope song:

Donnie Dump
Donnie Dump
Squarshed Melannie
When he tried to HUMP!

He started to cry
N his belly got wet
We ain't done
With the ****** YET!

Wipe his nose
N wipe his ass
Wipe him out
N go yass yass YASS!

Ax him a question
N listen to him lie
Get a sharp stick
N poke him in tha EYE!

Burma Shave.
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 01:16 PM   #533
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,325
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
You can say whatever you want, it doesn't make it true.

Are you seriously claiming Dump's serious ties to Russia, his attempted quid pro quo with the president of the Ukraine, his inciting a mob to storm the Capitol, and his undermining of democracy with The Big Lie were not something anyone should prosecute unless it was done for political motives?
Not to mention election interference, and on recording to boot! Along with his idiot lawyer Ghooliani.
__________________
“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:07 PM   #534
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 29,621
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I didn't say that he absolutely did no wrongdoing; just that the impetus was clearly ridiculously partisan politics. There is zero doubt on this. Transparent is more like when those in a forum populated by hardcore liberals try to characterize themselves as being "moderates".

Of course it was ******* partisan. You can define "partisan" before or after the fact as being on his side or not. Being against the impeachment was just as partisan as being for it.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:15 PM   #535
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Of course it was ******* partisan. You can define "partisan" before or after the fact as being on his side or not. Being against the impeachment was just as partisan as being for it.
I'm not looking just at impeachment; I'm looking at the Dem body of work during those three years. Pitchforks and torches, because they were humiliated.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius

Last edited by Warp12; 5th September 2021 at 02:16 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:20 PM   #536
Paul2
Philosopher
 
Paul2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 7,016
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I didn't say that he absolutely did no wrongdoing; just that the impetus was clearly ridiculously partisan politics. There is zero doubt on this. Transparent is more like when those in a forum populated by hardcore liberals try to characterize themselves as being "moderates".
First of all, a political act can have more than one impetus.

Secondly, that one impetus is partisan doesn't negate the existence of another non-partisan impetus (like respect for democracy, upholding constitutional norms, etc.) at the same time.
__________________
It's nice to be nice to the nice.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:21 PM   #537
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,525
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I'm not looking just at impeachment; I'm looking at the Dem body of work during those three years. Pitchforks and torches, because they were humiliated.
And yet again you provide no specifics to prove your claim.

What is that? Ten times in this thread?
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:35 PM   #538
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
What you continue to ignore is that any impeachment is going to be looked at as a partisan witch hunt by the opposing party ...
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Slight nitpick: this is a claim not in evidence. I believe it is equally or more likely these legislators knew damn well the crimes were real and it wasn't a witch hunt.
Good point. I'll change it to this: What you continue to ignore is that any impeachment is going to be claimed to be a partisan witch hunt by the opposing party ...

People make claims they know are false all the time if it serves their purpose.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:38 PM   #539
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 31,886
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
And yet again you provide no specifics to prove your claim.

What is that? Ten times in this thread?
Wasn't it the Trump supporters wielding torches while chanting that they will not be replaced?

Also, Jan 6th, Trump supporters were the ones carrying out violence because they didn't win the election....
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.

Last edited by thaiboxerken; 5th September 2021 at 02:39 PM.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:51 PM   #540
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,829
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I'm not looking just at impeachment; I'm looking at the Dem body of work during those three years. Pitchforks and torches, because they were humiliated.
Wait a sec...

Who has not accepted the results of the presidential election because they were humiliated? And who has been doing racist rage rallies and tiki-torch marches for four years even after they won? And who has thoroughly humiliated themselves even while they held the presidency and both houses? And who is trying to rig the election laws in their favour because they know they would by annihilated politically in a fair fight if they didn't?

And yet somehow the Dems are responsible for this. Pathetic.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 5th September 2021 at 02:54 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 02:56 PM   #541
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I'm not looking just at impeachment; I'm looking at the Dem body of work during those three years. Pitchforks and torches, because they were humiliated.
If the Dems were out with "pitchforks and torches" it was in response to Trump's actions.

For example:

1. His continuous lies from day one of his administration. Not a day went by that he did not LIE about something.

2. His outrageous defense of Putin over Russian interference in our elections at Helsinki. In essence, Putin was telling "the truth" and our intelligence services were not.

3. His 'love affair' with Kim Jong Un and giving him recognition on the world stage.

4. His refusal to make public his tax records even though he said he would going against the tradition of the last 70 years.

5. His nepotism in appointing his children and son-in-law as 'special advisors'.

6. Making money off the presidency by having the government pay for his SS etc while staying at his own properties and hosting the G7 at his own resort.

7. His outrageous and incompetent handling of the Covid pandemic which has led directly to thousands and thousands of deaths.

8. His hiring of criminal and unfit people to fill positions of power like Michael Flynn and Zinke.

9. His tit for tat pardons.

10. His constant attempts to use the Justice Department as his own police force/lawyers to further his personal agendas like pressuring the DOJ to drop charges against Flynn.

Those are just off the top of my head. If you want to whine and moan that poor Trump was being 'witch hunted' because the Dems were "butt hurt" and "humiliated", then we have very different ideas on what a president should and must do/not do and how a POTUS should and must behave.

Here's a simple question for you: Did you vote for Trump in 2016 and/or 2020?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:11 PM   #542
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
If the Dems were out with "pitchforks and torches" it was in response to Trump's actions.

For example:

1. His continuous lies from day one of his administration. Not a day went by that he did not LIE about something.

2. His outrageous defense of Putin over Russian interference in our elections at Helsinki. In essence, Putin was telling "the truth" and our intelligence services were not.

3. His 'love affair' with Kim Jong Un and giving him recognition on the world stage.

4. His refusal to make public his tax records even though he said he would going against the tradition of the last 70 years.

5. His nepotism in appointing his children and son-in-law as 'special advisors'.

6. Making money off the presidency by having the government pay for his SS etc while staying at his own properties and hosting the G7 at his own resort.

7. His outrageous and incompetent handling of the Covid pandemic which has led directly to thousands and thousands of deaths.

8. His hiring of criminal and unfit people to fill positions of power like Michael Flynn and Zinke.

9. His tit for tat pardons.

10. His constant attempts to use the Justice Department as his own police force/lawyers to further his personal agendas like pressuring the DOJ to drop charges against Flynn.

Those are just off the top of my head. If you want to whine and moan that poor Trump was being 'witch hunted' because the Dems were "butt hurt" and "humiliated", then we have very different ideas on what a president should and must do/not do and how a POTUS should and must behave.

Here's a simple question for you: Did you vote for Trump in 2016 and/or 2020?
Your list reads like a top-ten from Letterman, comically exaggerated.

As far as who I voted for, it is none of your business, either way. I am in a blue state, and that isn't changing anytime soon.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:19 PM   #543
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Look, it''s turned into another "anti-Trump" rant thread. So refreshing.

Same songwriters, as always. Writing "Top Ten Reasons to Hate Trump" lists. Exactly as expected.

A little disturbing, given the easy choice presented in the OP, however.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius

Last edited by Warp12; 5th September 2021 at 03:21 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:24 PM   #544
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,093
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Your list reads like a top-ten from Letterman, comically exaggerated.

As far as who I voted for, it is none of your business, either way. I am in a blue state, and that isn't changing anytime soon.
That really is all you've got, isn't it? It's not that you're taking along time to get warmed up, this is you at your best.

Would you be more comfortable talking about Benghazi? Each to their own game (and yours ain't this one, trust me).
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:28 PM   #545
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Your list reads like a top-ten from Letterman, comically exaggerated.

As far as who I voted for, it is none of your business, either way. I am in a blue state, and that isn't changing anytime soon.
"Comically exaggerated" ? REALLY? Tell me exactly how they are "comically exaggerated". Provide evidence that what I listed was exaggerated. Just saying so doesn't make it so even though you seem to think so.

You won't say who you voted for, but you don't have to. Your refusal to answer is an answer in itself. You voted for Trump both times. Therefore, you are a Trump supporter.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:31 PM   #546
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
That really is all you've got, isn't it? It's not that you're taking along time to get warmed up, this is you at your best.

Would you be more comfortable talking about Benghazi? Each to their own game (and yours ain't this one, trust me).
Did you answer the question in the OP? If so, please link me to the post. We have a lot of pages building up. Thanks.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:31 PM   #547
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
"Comically exaggerated" ? REALLY? Tell me exactly how they are "comically exaggerated". Provide evidence that what I listed was exaggerated. Just saying so doesn't make it so even though you seem to think so.

You won't say who you voted for, but you don't have to. Your refusal to answer is an answer in itself. You voted for Trump both times. Therefore, you are a Trump supporter.
LMAO. Talk about a witch hunt. So predictable.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius

Last edited by Warp12; 5th September 2021 at 03:34 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:41 PM   #548
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Look, it''s turned into another "anti-Trump" rant thread. So refreshing.

Same songwriters, as always. Writing "Top Ten Reasons to Hate Trump" lists. Exactly as expected.
Your post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp12
I'm not looking just at impeachment; I'm looking at the Dem body of work during those three years. Pitchforks and torches, because they were humiliated.
So....you make this statement and when I give examples of what and why the Dems...as you put it...were out with "pitchforks and torches", you claim those examples are an "anti-Trump rant". I have to assume then, that anytime someone disagrees with and gives examples supporting why they disagree, you will consider it nothing more than an 'anti-Trump rant'. Gotcha.

Quote:
A little disturbing, given the easy choice presented in the OP, however.
Well, something here is disturbing, I'll grant you that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:43 PM   #549
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
LMAO. Talk about a witch hunt. So predictable.
Accusing everyone of a "witch hunt" really is so predictable when a Trump supporter gets

It was also predictable that you would ignore this:

" Provide evidence that what I listed was exaggerated."

Last edited by Stacyhs; 5th September 2021 at 03:44 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:43 PM   #550
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,525
4 more posts by Warp and still no reasoning or evidence supporting his witchhunt claim.

What a shocker.

Is is reasonable to believe BS claims without supporting evidence Warp? Especially when others provide evidence that they weren't witch hunts.

Is that was reasonable people do?
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:46 PM   #551
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
People who have no defense present no defense.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:49 PM   #552
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing
 
CapelDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Posts: 25,093
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Did you answer the question in the OP? If so, please link me to the post. We have a lot of pages building up. Thanks.
I'm talking about you, not your damn' silly question. If you want to defend your performance you'll make just as abject a job of it, I've no doubt, but I'd love to witness it.
__________________
It's a poor sort of memory that only works backward - Lewis Carroll (1832-1898)

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:54 PM   #553
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Did you answer the question in the OP? If so, please link me to the post. We have a lot of pages building up. Thanks.
Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
I'm talking about you, not your damn' silly question. If you want to defend your performance you'll make just as abject a job of it, I've no doubt, but I'd love to witness it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 03:55 PM   #554
Warp12
Master Poster
 
Warp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2,493
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Talk about irony.
__________________
“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” - Confucius
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 04:02 PM   #555
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Talk about irony.
I suggest you learn what "irony" means cuz that ain't it.

I repeat:

"Provide evidence that what I listed was exaggerated."
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 04:17 PM   #556
bruto
Penultimate Amazing
 
bruto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Way way north of Diddy Wah Diddy
Posts: 29,621
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
I'm not looking just at impeachment; I'm looking at the Dem body of work during those three years. Pitchforks and torches, because they were humiliated.
I don't think it was because they were humiliated. It was because T**** is an anti-democratic, state-wrecking criminal whom any reasonable person should have fought tooth and nail from the start. In his first campaign he combined warnings of the malfeasances he planned with conspiracy theories and lies, and did not stop. The body of work was appropriate.
__________________
I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 04:23 PM   #557
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,525
Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Talk about irony.
15 posts now without an argument or evidence to support his claim.

At least you're consistent.

Shoveling **** is not the same as presenting a reasoned argument with supporting evidence Warp.

Just like Trump and every Trump supporter I've encountered. .

Facts doesn't matter. Just a gish gallop of lies and a hope no one calls you on it.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 04:29 PM   #558
mgidm86
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,897
Conservatives are the loudest when complaining about participation trophies yet they can't handle receiving an honest ass whoopin'. Or at least the Trumpers can't.

Stacyhs: nothing you said was exaggerated, in fact that is a very short list.
__________________
Stop feeding the trolls PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 04:42 PM   #559
kevbo
Critical Thinker
 
kevbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rogue Valley, Oregon
Posts: 255
Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Conservatives are the loudest when complaining about participation trophies yet they can't handle receiving an honest ass whoopin'. Or at least the Trumpers can't.

Stacyhs: nothing you said was exaggerated, in fact that is a very short list.
Agree.
kevbo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2021, 05:11 PM   #560
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 22,354
[quote=Stacyhs;13591152]If the Dems were out with "pitchforks and torches" it was in response to Trump's actions.

For example:

Quote:
1. His continuous lies from day one of his administration. Not a day went by that he did not LIE about something.
"By the end of his term, Trump had accumulated 30,573 untruths during his presidency — averaging about 21 erroneous claims a day." WAPO

Quote:
2. His outrageous defense of Putin over Russian interference in our elections at Helsinki. In essence, Putin was telling "the truth" and our intelligence services were not.
"At a news conference after the summit, President Trump was asked if he believed his own intelligence agencies or the Russian president when it came to the allegations of meddling in the elections.

"President Putin says it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be," he replied.

US intelligence agencies concluded in 2016 that Russia was behind an effort to tip the scale of the US election against Hillary Clinton, with a state-authorised campaign of cyber attacks and fake news stories planted on social media." BBC


Quote:
3. His 'love affair' with Kim Jong Un and giving him recognition on the world stage.
"“I was really being tough - and so was he. And we would go back and forth,” Trump told a rally in West Virginia.

“And then we fell in love, okay? No, really - he wrote me beautiful letters, and they’re great letters,” he said." Reuters

"Kim Jong-un achieved the following results in the Singapore meeting:
Legitimization of his regime internationally, by meeting with and being the object of lavish praise by the president of the United States" Brookings


Quote:
4. His refusal to make public his tax records even though he said he would going against the tradition of the last 70 years.
"Trump's team has argued against the release of the tax returns, alleging Democrats in the House were pursuing Trump for political reasons. Trump is asking the federal court to permanently block the Treasury Department from turning over his tax returns and to order Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal to "end all ongoing examinations" of Trump and his companies." CNN

Oh, dear! YOU GOT ME! I said "70 years", not 50 years. As if that changes a damn thing.

"Since the 1970s, U.S. presidents have voluntarily released their tax filings. That convention ended with Donald Trump." Investopedia

Quote:
5. His nepotism in appointing his children and son-in-law as 'special advisors'.
Quote:
Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump’s daughter, works as an adviser to the president and makes no salary.

• Jared Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s husband, works as an assistant and senior adviser to the president. He also takes no salary.

• Andrew Giuliani, Giuliani’s son, works as a special assistant to the president and associate director of the office of public liaison. He’s paid $95,000 per year.
Politifact

OH, dear...I said children and not 'child'!

Quote:
6. Making money off the presidency by having the government pay for his SS etc while staying at his own properties and hosting the G7 at his own resort.
"U.S. taxpayers have paid more than $2.5 million to Mar-a-Lago and other businesses owned by President Donald Trump since 2017, the Washington Post reported Tuesday, the most extensive analysis to date of how the Trump administration and campaign have become reliable paying customers for the president’s expansive — and reportedly ailing — businesses."

"The $2.5 million figure includes hotel rooms, function spaces, food, alcohol, and floral arrangements purchased by the federal government for official functions hosted at Trump-owned hotels and resorts, the Post found after reviewing government documents.

The president’s clubs often charged high prices for their services, billing the government $7,700 for a dinner with Chinese President Xi Jinping’s staff, $17,000 a month for a cottage at the Trump National Golf Club Bedminster used by the Secret Service, and even $3 for glasses of water for Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe." Forbes


Quote:
7. His outrageous and incompetent handling of the Covid pandemic which has led directly to thousands and thousands of deaths.
"Decades of policy failures that the Trump Administration exacerbated resulted in more than 450,000 unnecessary American deaths in 2018, with tens of thousands of additional deaths in other years also attributable to President Donald Trump's actions, according to a report published Thursday from a commission of health experts convened by the British medical journal The Lancet." Forbes


Quote:
8. His hiring of criminal and unfit people to fill positions of power like Michael Flynn and Zinke.
"President Donald Trump hired Michael Flynn to be his national-security adviser even after Flynn had informed Trump's transition team that he was being investigated by the FBI over his lobbying work for Turkey, The New York Times reported Wednesday." Business insider


"Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke will step down by the end of this year, President Donald Trump announced Saturday, making him the latest Trump administration Cabinet official forced to resign amid scandal.

The resignation comes after reports that the Justice Department is considering whether to pursue a criminal investigation against the former Montana congressman and Navy SEAL, who is facing several probes into whether he has used his office for personal gain. His impending exit will make him the most recent in line of Trump administration officials to leave under a cloud of ethical scandals, including former EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt and former HHS Secretary Tom Price." Politico


9. His tit for tat pardons.

People Trump pardoned including Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Alex van der Zwaan, and Charles Kushner among others. They all had close personal connections to Trump and several of them knew his dirt.
https://www.9news.com.au/world/donal...8-f07ff4982418

Quote:
10. His constant attempts to use the Justice Department as his own police force/lawyers to further his personal agendas like pressuring the DOJ to drop charges against Flynn.
"Trump Pressed Justice Dept. to Declare Election Results Corrupt" NYT

"Under sustained pressure from Donald Trump, the Justice Department took the highly unusual step of dropping its prosecution of Michael Flynn" Bloomberg


Warp12, do you want to continue to claim just how much I exaggerated everything?

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:01 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.