IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 21st May 2022, 01:31 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
People’s Convoy Supporters Want to Sue Leaders for ‘Fraud’

The People's Convoy is going about as well as you'd expect.

Quote:
Leaders of the so-called “People’s Convoy,” following the implosion of their efforts to occupy Washington, D.C., surrendered and attempted to dissolve the convoy as of Friday. Yet, their own supporters weren't pleased with that decision and tried to make their voices known to convoy leaders Ron Coleman and Marcus Summers, who hid out in a luxury RV. At around 8 p.m. Maryland State Troopers arrived at the Hagerstown Speedway to convoy-goers yelling “squatters' rights!” After speaking with Coleman, Summers, and other co-organizers in the RV, a state trooper told angry convoy supporters that there was no financial contract with the speedway and that they would have to leave the property within hours. “We would like to press charges,” convoy-goers yelled back, seeking to begin a legal endeavor against convoy leaders—including Coleman and Summers—over alleged “fraud.” “Arrest them for ******* fraud,” another supporter yelled out. Summers got back into the RV as police attempted to de-escalate the situation. (Convoy leaders didn't return The Daily Beast's request for comment on Friday night.) Former convoy leader Brian Brase took to Facebook to claim he had “nothing to do” with the current version of the convoy, despite founding the entire venture. “I really can't say what's happening there!”
Old 21st May 2022, 02:33 PM   #2
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2022, 05:45 PM   #3
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

What are they protesting about anyway? I can't remember. I tried going to their web page -- thepeoplesconvoy dot org -- but this is what I got:
Quote:
Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to thepeoplesconvoy.org. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
How do I contact the website owners to "inform them of this problem?"

Email Ted Cruz?

Ted rides shotgun
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cruzin along.jpg (99.7 KB, 14 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2022, 05:56 PM   #4
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Let 'em shoot it out. Everybody else wins.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st May 2022, 07:38 PM   #5
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
What are they protesting about anyway? I can't remember. I tried going to their web page -- thepeoplesconvoy dot org -- but this is what I got:

Email Ted Cruz?

Ted rides shotgun
Nice picture. He looks like a drug dealer in some 70s B-level cop show.
Old 21st May 2022, 10:13 PM   #6
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I encountered these morons a few times. I have no idea what they wanted. Almost all of our COVID restrictions are gone. The only real one is that if they want to transit between Canada and Mexico, drivers have to be vaccinated. They came to the wrong shop. Complain to Ottawa and Mexico City; no one in Washington DC has play in their decisions. As far as disrupting traffic, we as DC area commuters seemed to do a better job of disrupting them than they did disrupting us.
Old 24th May 2022, 09:58 AM   #7
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post

Email Ted Cruz?

Ted rides shotgun
That's a Firefox error, probably on your end.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 10:06 AM   #8
SuburbanTurkey

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I encountered these morons a few times. I have no idea what they wanted. Almost all of our COVID restrictions are gone. The only real one is that if they want to transit between Canada and Mexico, drivers have to be vaccinated. They came to the wrong shop. Complain to Ottawa and Mexico City; no one in Washington DC has play in their decisions. As far as disrupting traffic, we as DC area commuters seemed to do a better job of disrupting them than they did disrupting us.
That was the funniest part, the most effective thing DC did to counter these little fash convoys required nothing on their part other than continuing life as normal. For whatever reason these convoys thought sitting in DC rush hour traffic would somehow be an effective protest, rather than self-inflicted misery. These loons were spinning all kinds of theories how normal DC commuters were actually antifa or DC undercovers or whatever sent out to vex them rather than the normal hellishness of big city commuter traffic.

The second and most recent convoy was quite odd. The first had already ended when they decided not to escalate things and realized there weren't accomplishing much by doing pointless commuter loops. Then they decided to come back, supposedly full of piss and vinegar with a tougher group of people willing to be more extreme, and they still chickened out of any big confrontations.

Arguably squaring off with the DC police is a dicey proposition. Cops are bastards that are routinely sympathetic and permissive towards right wing lawbreaking, but it was still an unknown whether DC cops would crack their skulls or not. Not sure what the point of driving all the way over the country to DC a second time only to chicken out in the exact same way.

Anyone with any tenuous grasp on reality or sanity has left this convoy protest by now, so these leaders are really playing with fire disappointing their dangerous CHUD followers like this. They got a lot of pent up rage and idiocy to vent, and turning on their own leaders seems like the next best thing than martyring themselves on the streets of DC.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 03:16 PM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I hope they are not expecting to get much money. You can't squeeze water out of a rock, and I doubt the leaders have much cash.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 03:17 PM   #10
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
That was the funniest part, the most effective thing DC did to counter these little fash convoys required nothing on their part other than continuing life as normal. For whatever reason these convoys thought sitting in DC rush hour traffic would somehow be an effective protest, rather than self-inflicted misery. These loons were spinning all kinds of theories how normal DC commuters were actually antifa or DC undercovers or whatever sent out to vex them rather than the normal hellishness of big city commuter traffic.

The second and most recent convoy was quite odd. The first had already ended when they decided not to escalate things and realized there weren't accomplishing much by doing pointless commuter loops. Then they decided to come back, supposedly full of piss and vinegar with a tougher group of people willing to be more extreme, and they still chickened out of any big confrontations.

Arguably squaring off with the DC police is a dicey proposition. Cops are bastards that are routinely sympathetic and permissive towards right wing lawbreaking, but it was still an unknown whether DC cops would crack their skulls or not. Not sure what the point of driving all the way over the country to DC a second time only to chicken out in the exact same way.

Anyone with any tenuous grasp on reality or sanity has left this convoy protest by now, so these leaders are really playing with fire disappointing their dangerous CHUD followers like this. They got a lot of pent up rage and idiocy to vent, and turning on their own leaders seems like the next best thing than martyring themselves on the streets of DC.
I still like the way Oakland residents dealt with these fools.
And,of course, traffic cops can usually find some violation of rules on most vehicals if they look hard enough.......

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2022, 03:56 PM   #11
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

As a DC area occasional commuter, I can say, we're not ANTIFA, we're just dicks.
Old 26th May 2022, 11:56 AM   #12
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

My understanding is, police in the Washington DC area blocked highway exits to keep the People's Convoy OFF city streets and ON limited access highways. There's even a lawsuit about it, alleging the policy violated convoy members' first amendment rights:

Quote:
Sixteen people who took part in the trucker convoy protests around Washington earlier this year filed suit against the DC government Monday [May 2nd], claiming that police violated their First Amendment rights by blocking highway exits. The blockades were highly effective, the plaintiffs argue: They say people associated with the People’s Convoy were turned away from entering the District four separate times. This policy amounts to a violation of their rights, the convoyers say: it’s “unconstitutionally vague on its face because it allows the District unfettered discretion to refuse to grant Plaintiffs access to the District, thereby depriving Plaintiffs of their constitutional rights to travel and free speech.” It will be interesting to see how this argument fares in court: Governments routinely erect barriers in the name of public safety. Link to Washingtonian dot com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muh RIGHTS.jpg (125.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Ah luv me some freedum.jpg (106.6 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by newyorkguy; 26th May 2022 at 11:58 AM.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 03:22 PM   #13
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think that lawsuit is going anywhere. Just like their convoy.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 06:24 PM   #14
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I hope they are not expecting to get much money. You can't squeeze water out of a rock, and I doubt the leaders have much cash.
They have pretty expensive trucks that can be garnished.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 06:41 PM   #15
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

They now are being Lead by a Proud Boy Called Santa who is a Believer in the Great Replacement Theory. They now call the movement the 1776 Restoration movement.
They are nuts many Live Streamers are Abandoning them.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 06:50 PM   #16
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

As a DC area occasional commuter, I can say, we're not ANTIFA, we're just dicks.
Everyone is Antifa to the Proud boy Convoy, Oreo Express displays pictures of Himself with Rodger Stone, and other Crooks and they love Mike Lindell, there leader Santa actually is part owner of a Race horse in Kentucky.
They want to convince people to Become Constitutionalist like they are Santa Even Read the Declaration of Independence, and called it the Preamble of the Constitution.
These people are grifting crazies but I am monitoring them like I did, Stone, Corsi, Alex Jones's, on live streams. Using key word triggered bots of course so I don't have to watch them drive around in Circles.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2022, 07:22 PM   #17
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
The People's Convoy is going about as well as you'd expect.

Hagerstown Kicked them out as soon as they found out Santa Contacted the Proud Boys for Security in California after the Egging incident, it seems like being linked to a Terrorist Insurrectionist Group, might have brought bad press to the race Track.
Old 26th May 2022, 10:29 PM   #18
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

The Canadians know how to do a convoy properly.

It had to be in the middle of winter in below zero temperatures.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th May 2022, 04:22 AM   #19
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
The Canadians know how to do a convoy properly.

It had to be in the middle of winter in below zero temperatures.
To be fair, those were the idiots among us.
Old 27th May 2022, 04:58 AM   #20
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
To be fair, those were the idiots among us.
In America their goals are simple, End anti Racism Social Programs, end help to Immigrants, end help to asylum Seekers No More Mandates, and Hang Dr. Fauci. These morons takes advice from Dr. MALONE, and from a Cyropractor they call Dr. Lock him up, you will not see them at Mensa Meetings.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics