ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Diana Falzone , donald trump , fox news , media criticism , national enquirer

Old 19th March 2019, 08:43 AM   #161
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
"what does this tell you?"
That a society whose members communicate what should be rich, complex, nuanced ideas and ideologies via cartoonish internet memes is well on its way to complete collapse.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 08:48 AM   #162
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
That a society whose members communicate what should be rich, complex, nuanced ideas and ideologies via cartoonish internet memes is well on its way to complete collapse.
I agree totally. Wait I think I have a meme for that...

But in all serious, yes this. This X 1000.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 08:52 AM   #163
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
no doubt he'll push the "Fiscal Conservative" narrative - after having inflated the debt like never before.
Toad.
Well sure remember fiscal conservative means reveling in Fox News's core audience dying in ditches. Privatizing medicare was something he was fantasizing about in college after all.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 08:57 AM   #164
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Ok you put it better than I would have.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 09:11 AM   #165
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Paul Ryan joins Fox's board of directors
no doubt he'll push the "Fiscal Conservative" narrative - after having inflated the debt like never before.
Hey, how could he have known that massively cutting government revenue would increase the deficit?

And its not like anyone was predicting that the deficit would increase as a result of the act. Well, except for the Congressional budget office. And the Joint Committee on taxation. And pretty much every economist out there. But apart from all those people, everyone thought the deficits would magically disappear!

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 09:13 AM   #166
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Hey, how could he have known that massively cutting government revenue would increase the deficit?
Nobody knew economics could be so complicated!

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 10:43 AM   #167
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post

And its not like anyone was predicting that the deficit would increase as a result of the act. Well, except for the Congressional budget office. And the Joint Committee on taxation. And pretty much every economist out there. But apart from all those people, everyone thought the deficits would magically disappear!
That is what you get by reading too much Ayn Rand.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 11:04 AM   #168
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That is what you get by reading too much Ayn Rand.....
did you know that when you put Atlas Shrugged and the New Testament next to each other on the shelf, they fight to the death?
Old 19th March 2019, 11:39 AM   #169
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

did you know that when you put Atlas Shrugged and the New Testament next to each other on the shelf, they fight to the death?
That's only because it's an alterboy's room.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2019, 11:51 AM   #170
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Is that anything like hanging Campbell and McDonald tartans side-by-side in the same wardrobe?
Old 19th March 2019, 12:57 PM   #171
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

And of course that weird hippy Jesus guy always looses. Remember true conservatice know that the ideal person the smartest person who ever lived ever met(Rand) was of course a serial killer of children. Totally selfish and thus superior to all others.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics