ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 24th March 2017, 08:17 AM   #2681
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by markie View Post
There has been bomb calorimetry done. But it's a matter of believing it or not, as per usual.
Again we will applaud when the results are replicated and shown....
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 08:27 AM   #2682
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

There has been bomb calorimetry done. But it's a matter of believing it or not, as per usual.
The thing about real science is that it doesn't require faith. You don't have to believe in, say, quantum tunnelling, because oft-replicated experimental data confirms it and NOR flash memory couldn't be erased without it.
Old 24th March 2017, 08:34 AM   #2683
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Looks like BrLP has edited their "Business Presentation" also. Now the projected time line looks quite different from what that deleted post claims, and all deliverables listed are to be provided by unnamed engineering and manufacturing firms, not BrLP.
Here we see BLP preparing to recycle their old excuse from the failed heater. Remember, their excuse last time, when one was offered, was waiting on third party components from another manufacturer, a housing I believe.

The more outside companies they involve, the more avenues for delay they create. Add in claims of binding contracts and advance payments and you have a powerful new fundraising excuse without needing to reboot the tech claims again. A line similar to "We can't replace $FOO as the $WIDGET manufacturer because we don't have the funds to pay a new potential vendor all the necessary setup costs," can elicit more funds from established and new investors.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 08:53 AM   #2684
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víðarr

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Here I try and make a little joke and somebody comes along and says something even funnier.

You've invented an over-unity humor device! Spun correctly that should be worth a few million and investors will just laugh off the loss! :
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 02:07 PM   #2685
Hans
Philosopher

Now for future crow eaters:

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Clean and dress crows; stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon. Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups of the stock remaining in the pan.

Serve each crow on a thin slice of moistened toast, and pour gravy over all.

Other WWII crow recipes: http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/threecrows.htm

Note: In the 1930's when my father was going to college he had little money but did have a 22 LR and shot possums, squirrel and crow plus a number of other beasts available in Arkansas at the time. As he said, 'anything I could boil'. He declared them eatable but not outstanding he preferred pigeon and other smaller birds which he caught in snares and boiled and ate whole.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 02:27 PM   #2686
Beady
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Now for future crow eaters:

Potted Crow:

6 crows
3 bacon slices
stuffing of your choice
1 diced carrot
1 diced onion
chopped parsley
hot water or stock
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup flour
buttered toast

Clean and dress crows; stuff and place them upright in stew-pan on the slices of bacon. Add the carrot, onion and a little parsley, and cover with boiling water or stock.
Cover the pot and let simmer for 2-3 hours, or until tender, adding boiling water or stock when necessary.
Make a sauce of the shortening and flour and 2 cups of the stock remaining in the pan.

Serve each crow on a thin slice of moistened toast, and pour gravy over all.

Other WWII crow recipes: http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/threecrows.htm

Note: In the 1930's when my father was going to college he had little money but did have a 22 LR and shot possums, squirrel and crow plus a number of other beasts available in Arkansas at the time. As he said, 'anything I could boil'. He declared them eatable but not outstanding he preferred pigeon and other smaller birds which he caught in snares and boiled and ate whole.
What about Girl Scouts?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Beady is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 02:33 PM   #2687
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beady View Post
What about Girl Scouts?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
They tended to break the snares
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 06:14 PM   #2688
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Bacon? Isn't that cheating?

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 06:17 PM   #2689
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Bacon is never cheating. If Mills used bacon to power his reactor, it would be legit.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 06:22 PM   #2690
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

About detecting hydrinos, we've been through that. Of course hydrino can interact electromagnetically with ordinary matter. It just isn't excitable by photons, as is normal matter.

I see you've traded in your shovel for a hydraulic excavator. Let me guess; mid-range Komatsu?

Last edited by ferd burfle; 24th March 2017 at 06:30 PM.
ferd burfle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2017, 10:10 PM   #2691
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Bacon? Isn't that cheating?
What CHEATING the bacon is there to kill the taste of the darn crow.

For a true treat try crow tartare with extra feathers on the side with a nest salad.
Old 25th March 2017, 02:04 AM   #2692
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Less than a week before one of the most momentus days in human history.

I'm due to renew my electricity and gas soon, and presumably I'd be daft to tie myself into another 2 year fixed term when I'll be hooking up a a Mills generator before the end of the year.....

Last edited by Darat; 25th March 2017 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Pesky auto correct
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th March 2017, 05:24 PM   #2693
JeanTate
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Less than a week before one of the most momentus days in human history.

I'm due to renew my electricity and gas soon, and presumably I'd be daft to tie myself into another 2 year fixed term when I'll be hooking up a a Mills generator before the end of the year.....
It may be wise to wait until 2 April.

Foolish things have been known to happen on April the first ...
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2017, 03:07 AM   #2694
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

This reminds me of the excitement of when the first space shuttle was going to be launched. 5 days to go! This is going to be one of those "what were you doing when you heard" moments. Economists, historians, scientists and others will be talking about March 31st 2017 for centuries to come.
Old 26th March 2017, 06:18 AM   #2695
malbui
Beauf

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
This reminds me of the excitement of when the first space shuttle was going to be launched. 5 days to go! This is going to be one of those "what were you doing when you heard" moments. Economists, historians, scientists and others will be talking about March 31st 2017 for centuries to come.
Well, the new Mastodon album is out on the 31st so it's going to be a significant and memorable day for metalheads anyway.
Old 26th March 2017, 06:53 AM   #2696
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by malbui View Post
Well, the new Mastodon album is out on the 31st so it's going to be a significant and memorable day for metalheads anyway.

I don't know. In today's pop-culture obsessed world the album may eclipse the SunCell in public awareness.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2017, 06:54 AM   #2697
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by michaelsuede View Post
As I did with the now infamous Bitcoin thread back in 2011, I am here to make another prophecy that could be potentially lucrative. Bitcoin was worth $20 bucks a coin when I made my original post. Today it's worth around $900.

I'm here to let you know that free energy generators will be hitting the market within a year, with mass production ramping up rapidly within two years. If you're able to short energy sector stocks and hold the position long term, you will definitely make your money back.

I did a full article on the company doing it here, but I'll summarize the main points below.

The "essentially free" energy generator was created by a company called Brilliant Light Power (BrLP), that was founded by Dr. Randell Mills, a Harvard trained medical doctor.

In basic terms, the generator works by reacting a very tiny amount of hydrogen with a silver catalyst and then exposing that reaction to an electrical discharge. When the hydrogen, silver and electrical discharge combine, the hydrogen atoms shrink, releasing a tremendous amount of energy in the process. Using Mills process, a gallon of water has the same energy potential of around 2000 gallons of gasoline. The amount of hydrogen needed is so small that the generator can pull the hydrogen it needs from water in the surrounding air. This enormous release of energy is then used to basically form the filament of a carbon light bulb.

The carbon light bulb glows so brightly from the heat that it reaches the equivalent brightness of over 2000 suns, with the potential to go even higher in the future. The light bulb is surrounded by an array of special solar cells called concentrator solar cells that are able to harness the energy from this enormously bright light source. These special solar cells already exist and are in use in solar farms around the world today.

BrLP already has the “light bulb” portion of this generator fully prototyped and working. Obviously that’s the hard part since the rest of the parts for the generator already exist from off-the-shelf suppliers. Mills is projecting production units to be ready for delivery by the second half of 2017, with a fully prototyped working generator ready for field testing by the first half of 2017. Once Mills rolls out that first generator, be prepared for a monumental media **** storm to hit the public.

Now I'm sure many of you will scream, "IT'S A SCAM - THEY'VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS!!!!!1111!! LSKDJFLSKDJFJ"

Don't be fooled by the naysayers who haven't done their homework like I have. They were wrong about Bitcoin and they are most certainly wrong about this as well.

You can watch a full public demo of the reactor here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjJYg4Abv50

I’ve been following BLP closely for nearly a decade now. I’m convinced Mills is the real deal. Contrary to what Forbes claims, numerous independent labs have verified his claims. He’s obtained funding from some of the wealthiest people on the planet, and he’s got a highly skilled team of engineers backing him. He doesn’t need any more investment capital so he’s got no reason to lie. Several university labs and independent investigators have replicated and validated Mills work:

Rowan University’s report
Rowan University’s report II
UNC Asheville’s report
University of Illinois report

It’s also worth taking a look at Brilliant Light’s board of directors. These people don’t strike me as the type of people who are willing to throw their lives away over fraud charges:

H. McIntyre Gardner’s profile from Bloomberg:
  • Chairman of Spirit Airlines
  • Chairman of Merrill Lynch Bank USA
  • Chairman of Merrill Lynch Life Insurance Company and Transamerica Advisors Life Insurance Company of New York
  • Director of Isola Group, SARL
  • President of the Board of Trustees at the Princeton Charter School

James E. Canty J.D.’s profile from Bloomberg:
  • President and General Counsel at Clough Capital Partners
  • Associate General Counsel, Corporate Secretary, and Director of Investor Relations at Converse Inc.
  • Corporate and Securities Lawyer at Goldstein & Manello
  • Certified Public Accountant at KPMG

John J. Gillen’s profile from Bloomberg:
  • Global Director of Finance at Towers Perrin
  • Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Dayton Power and Light Co.
  • Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers
  • Member of the Office of the Chief Accountant of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission

Jeremy Hux’s article from Yahoo Finance:
  • Managing director and global head of clean technology investment banking for Credit Suisse
  • President of HCP Advisors
  • Head of West Coast Clean Technology for Morgan Stanley

Barbara A. Nabial’s profile from Bloomberg:
  • Senior Audit Manager with Deloitte & Touche

And let’s not forget Mills, who has a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Chemistry, summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Franklin & Marshall College, and a Doctor of Medicine Degree from Harvard Medical School. He also did graduate engineering coursework at MIT.

If you’d like to learn more about the backstory to Mills incredible scientific achievement, a book on the subject was recently released by one of his former employees.

BrLP has contracted with Columbia Tech to have them do the prototype and manufacturing workups. CT’s Chief Technology Officer is projecting initial field testing of prototype units to take place in 6 months, with pilot commercial units available 6 months after initial field testing completes. Phase 1A design began on November 1st.

Masimo Semiconductor is responsible for creating the commercial photovoltaic converter comprising a denser receiver array of concentrator multijunction photovoltaic cells that will wrap around the black-body light source. Masimo’s Head of Business Development is projecting the photovoltaic array to be ready for the prototype field tests on time. They expect delivery of the first photovoltaic array on Jan 13. So perhaps a fully working prototype generator will be wheeled out for a public demo sometime in the near future.

You can see the presentations from the reps from Masimo and CT, along with several other important players here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=fDJo833cGV0

Did you invest money in Mills and his operation?
Old 27th March 2017, 04:25 PM   #2698
Prometheus
Acolyte of Víðarr

This thread seems to have settled below its usual ground-state....
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2017, 04:34 PM   #2699
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Did you invest money in Mills and his operation?
If you actually believed this patent BS, you would surely have to have put some money into it. It would surpass backing fledgling Apple, MA or Google enterprises in terms of financial gain and nous bragging rights.
Old 27th March 2017, 05:38 PM   #2700
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
If you actually believed this patent BS, you would surely have to have put some money into it. It would surpass backing fledgling Apple, MA or Google enterprises in terms of financial gain and nous bragging rights.

I just have a suspicion some poor fool who made a retirement nest egg from Bitcoin was dumb enough to give it all to Mills, despite his long track record of failure.
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM   #2701
Aepervius
Non credunt, semper verificare

Nice board of director. None of them scientist I can see. You know who else had a ncie board of director ? Enron.

What has this to do with evidence and failure to provide them ? NOTHING.

This is just dust thrown at the eye to blind people from that fact.
Aepervius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #2702
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aepervius View Post
Nice board of director.
or the board of directors at Lincoln Savings and Loan...........but that wasn't a technology non-delivery nor an artifact of the Osborne effect.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology