ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein , sex offenders , sex trafficking

Old 19th August 2019, 08:13 PM   #641
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
If this was Opposite-World, maybe.

You can't seriously think they believe they'd be held "more responsible" if an inmate flipped out and killed Epstein between checks than they would be for actual prison staff actually sleeping on duty, not checking on Epstein all night, AND fudging logs to try and cover their butts afterwards on top of it. You can't. I refuse to believe it.
I'm saying they might have felt like they'd be held more responsible if there was a murder AND actual prison staff actually sleeping on duty, not checking on Epstein all night, AND fudging logs to try and cover their butts afterwards on top of it.
Old 19th August 2019, 09:03 PM   #642
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Epstein used his wealth to get his way.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had paid someone to kill him quicker and less painful than he could on his own.
Old 19th August 2019, 09:20 PM   #643
kellyb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Epstein used his wealth to get his way.
I wouldn't be surprised if he had paid someone to kill him quicker and less painful than he could on his own.
The "partial hanging" method he supposedly used is supposed to be completely painless.
It doesn't break multiple neck bones, tho. Anything that would break bones would probably hurt.
Old 19th August 2019, 11:34 PM   #644
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
The "celebrity pathologists" was present for Epstein's autopsy and was the coroner for years. He had the exact same job in the exact same city as the one who decided to call it suicide.

Going on Fox doesn't somehow make him a non-expert, does it?
It makes him a publicity hound - someone who doesn't get paid for giving headline material, not for being professional.
Old 20th August 2019, 12:58 AM   #645
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

I'm saying they might have felt like they'd be held more responsible if there was a murder AND actual prison staff actually sleeping on duty, not checking on Epstein all night, AND fudging logs to try and cover their butts afterwards on top of it.
And you think that, considering the guards are evidently going down either way, the prison is going to give the murderer-inmate a free pass and even cover up his crime for him, hanging the whole thing on the prison staff alone, out of the kindness of their magnanimous hearts?
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:08 AM   #646
Checkmite

YOU DON'T SAY: Epstein signed will less than 48 hours before his death

How about that.

It was suicide.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 02:01 AM   #647
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

How about that.

It was suicide.
Fake!
Old 20th August 2019, 03:56 AM   #648
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

How about that.

It was suicide.
Fool! The minute he signed it the PTB/MiB knew it would point to suicide, which made it the perfect time to bump him off.

Are they recruiting? I reckon I'm pretty good at this stuff and I need a bit of retirement income.
Old 20th August 2019, 05:32 AM   #649
dann
Philosopher

The "partial hanging" method he supposedly used is supposed to be completely painless.
It doesn't break multiple neck bones, tho. Anything that would break bones would probably hurt.

... if he was still conscious when they broke.
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:58 AM   #650
carlitos
"más divertido"

Maybe Epstein doesn't deserve any better, but I think it all of this baseless speculation and Dr. Google, Pathology Expert belongs in CT. I apologize for contributing yesterday.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 08:31 AM   #651
angrysoba
Philosophile

How about that.

It was suicide.
Now, we just need to know who the beneficiary is and that’s your smoking gun: “queue bonobos”!
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:26 PM   #652
Venom
Master Poster

Lawyers of the women fighting for Epstein's stuff.

I didn't know they could do that.

More power to them if they succeed.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 01:51 PM   #653
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Lawyers of the women fighting for Epstein's stuff.

I didn't know they could do that.

More power to them if they succeed.
Yeah, his last will and testament may be as important as his last meal. Between litigation costs and civil payouts, his estate is likely to be zeroed out.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:43 PM   #654
Checkmite

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Now, we just need to know who the beneficiary is and that’s your smoking gun: “queue bonobos”!
Evidently he put the whole kit and kaboodle into a single trust. No individual beneficiaries named. Although it's possible the trust has instructions along those lines; the point of trusts often is to obscure and anonymize exactly such details.
Old 21st August 2019, 12:27 AM   #655
Lambchops
Graduate Poster

Pizzagate is real. It just does not involve pizza, and it is a bipartisan effort.

Are we going to keep letting the ruling class getting away with this ******

Are we going to keep licking their boots?

I suspect most of you will. Because the system is just so dang good. You love it, folks.
Old 21st August 2019, 02:38 AM   #656
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Pizzagate is real.
Dude no.
Old 21st August 2019, 02:03 PM   #657
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
Pizzagate is real. It just does not involve pizza, and it is a bipartisan effort.

Are we going to keep letting the ruling class getting away with this ******

Are we going to keep licking their boots?

I suspect most of you will. Because the system is just so dang good. You love it, folks.
Nope. It's not real.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events