ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 26th November 2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Diablo
Muse

Foreskin facials

Do you know what people are doing now?!? They're rubbing babies foreskins into their faces:

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...um-anti-ageing

Name: The foreskin facial.

Appearance: A serum cloned from the circumcised foreskins of South Korean babies.

Quick question: is this the end of the world? Not at all. It is perfectly normal to want to have the liquidised foreskins of multiple babies rubbed all over your face.
Diablo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2018, 02:28 PM   #2
Thermal
Philosopher

Get me the **** off this planet
Old 26th November 2018, 02:59 PM   #3
madurobob
Philosopher

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and a suggest that googling "foreskin facials" will yield some very, um, interesting rule 34 results.
Old 26th November 2018, 03:06 PM   #4
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Why google it when I can just look out my window.
Old 26th November 2018, 03:20 PM   #5
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

I was wondering if these foreskins actually came from humans. I had the impression it was pulverised bull foreskin, and it had some sort of...rejuvenating property for men. So heaven knows what it will do for women!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2018, 03:29 PM   #6
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by madurobob View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and a suggest that googling "foreskin facials" will yield some very, um, interesting rule 34 results.
Or nothing at all if you have "safe search" turned on.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2018, 03:33 PM   #7
Thermal
Philosopher

Really thought this would be a misleading clickbait title, having something to do with treating the skin at the forefront of your face. Not sure how to feel about delivery as promised. Feel vaguely raped.
Old 26th November 2018, 06:22 PM   #8
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Oh good, I was afraid this thread was about my experimental phase in college. That was a crazy time in my life. I was doing a lot of peyote and these natives kept shooting arrows at me.

ETA: See the Adamans Tribe thread for full details.

Last edited by Craig4; 26th November 2018 at 06:23 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th November 2018, 06:33 PM   #9
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Oh good, I was afraid this thread was about my experimental phase in college. That was a crazy time in my life. I was doing a lot of peyote and these natives kept shooting arrows at me.

ETA: See the Adamans Tribe thread for full details.
I remember. I was the one dressed like a goat in the red santa teddy.

ETA: See the darkest recesses of your shameful memories for full details
Old 26th November 2018, 10:07 PM   #10
pharphis
Graduate Poster

As disgusting as this is it's not nearly as bad as the fact that foreskins are lopped off of babies all the time for terrible reasons and in direct violation of their bodily and religious autonomy.

These kinds of things wake a few people up on occasion (it's too crazy to be real, right?) but in the US (and Canada, to a lesser extent) this is just how things are.

My genitals were mutilated as a child and not only does no one care who has any sort of power, but this problem is minimized regularly and totally erased by my own Prime Minister (and virtually all politicians) via lying by omission.

Maybe I should make a thread about Eric Clopper's firing regarding this issue.
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 06:31 AM   #11
Bikewer
Penultimate Amazing

Actress Kate Beckinsale just revealed that she used this “treatment”... Joining the long line of celebrities/actors who engage in very odd youth-preserving methods.
Bikewer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 07:48 AM   #12
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Kate, you're dead to me.
Old 27th November 2018, 08:03 AM   #13
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Sounds little different from magical folk remedies. Let's take Weird Object A, mix it with Odd Substance B, apply during the full moon while standing with your back to space, and voilà! something desirable occurs despite a total lack of causal relationships.

I wonder if I could sell my fingernail clippings to Gwyneth Paltrow as detoxification amulets? Or better yet, convince an entire country of the health benefits of smearing my feces on their faces for fifty dollars an ounce! All I need is a good ad campaign.
Old 27th November 2018, 08:44 AM   #14
Diablo
Muse

Originally Posted by pharphis View Post
As disgusting as this is it's not nearly as bad as the fact that foreskins are lopped off of babies all the time for terrible reasons and in direct violation of their bodily and religious autonomy.

These kinds of things wake a few people up on occasion (it's too crazy to be real, right?) but in the US (and Canada, to a lesser extent) this is just how things are.

My genitals were mutilated as a child and not only does no one care who has any sort of power, but this problem is minimized regularly and totally erased by my own Prime Minister (and virtually all politicians) via lying by omission.

Maybe I should make a thread about Eric Clopper's firing regarding this issue.
I agree with this. FGM and MGM should both be banned. People can have it done when they're adults if they wish.
Diablo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 09:18 AM   #15
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

What happened to good old asses milk and virgin blood?
Old 27th November 2018, 09:25 AM   #16
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Ass milk is full of hormones and it's too difficult to find virgins these days.
Old 27th November 2018, 01:25 PM   #17
deadrose
Master Poster

You can still get skin care products made with placenta for the same reason. It's pretty magical thinking that rubbing stuff from babies (or fetal support) will make your skin like a baby's.

Besides which, people who want skin like a baby are visualizing some idealized baby, just like people who use the phrase "slept like a baby". I have no desire to have delicate skin that bruises easily, has hormonal rashes, clogged sebaceous ducts, cradle cap, and diaper rash - any more than I want to spend my night waking up hungry every few hours, wetting myself, and vomiting regularly.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 03:16 PM   #18
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Not enough virgins (no shortage of asses).
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 03:24 PM   #19
CORed
Philosopher

If there were any justice at all in the world, this "treatment" would cause the face of its users to break out in, uh, replicas of the what the foreskins were removed from.
Old 27th November 2018, 03:28 PM   #20
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by deadrose View Post
You can still get skin care products made with placenta for the same reason. It's pretty magical thinking that rubbing stuff from babies (or fetal support) will make your skin like a baby's.

Besides which, people who want skin like a baby are visualizing some idealized baby, just like people who use the phrase "slept like a baby". I have no desire to have delicate skin that bruises easily, has hormonal rashes, clogged sebaceous ducts, cradle cap, and diaper rash - any more than I want to spend my night waking up hungry every few hours, wetting myself, and vomiting regularly.
This.

Although, I may be willing to invest in Tragic Monkey's Fecal Serum if the packaging is done right.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 03:44 PM   #21
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
If there were any justice at all in the world, this "treatment" would cause the face of its users to break out in, uh, replicas of the what the foreskins were removed from.
Babies?
Old 27th November 2018, 06:24 PM   #22
pharphis
Graduate Poster

"you're such a baby face, ahaha" - Tommy Wiseau
pharphis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2018, 07:15 PM   #23
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

They should have used that excess tissue to create eyelids for babies born without them, even if they would always look a little cockeyed.

And then there are jade eggs....
Old 29th November 2018, 10:15 AM   #24
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
They should have used that excess tissue to create eyelids for babies born without them, even if they would always look a little cockeyed.

And then there are jade eggs....
That's similar to an old local joke from the Rochester NY area. It went something likethis.
Years ago baby was born with without eyelids. They were able to use his foreskin to reconstruct them. You know the guy, Dick Ide!
The last sentence was the tag line for his car dealership commercials.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:52 AM   #25
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Babies?
baby penises was what I had in mind.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:10 AM   #26
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I wouldn't announce that, it sounds bad.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:24 AM   #27
Thermal
Philosopher

Mind if I Sig that?
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:34 AM   #28
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I wouldn't announce that, it sounds bad.
Out of context it sounds really bad.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:39 AM   #29
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Out of context it sounds really bad.
For a minute I thought I was in the wrong thread, and that you had the perfect response to the thread title:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=333267

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:49 AM   #30
Thermal
Philosopher

Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but how did the concept of circumsision arise? I mean, how did that conversation originally start? 'Congratulations on the birth of your son! Hey, I've got an idea...'
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:55 AM   #31
Diablo
Muse

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but how did the concept of circumsision arise? I mean, how did that conversation originally start? 'Congratulations on the birth of your son! Hey, I've got an idea...'
This:

It is virtually universal in the Jewish and Muslim religions, having started with Abraham (Genesis 17: 11) who lived around 2000 BC. Abraham was unable to get Sarah (his wife) pregnant. At an advanced age we are told that God ordered him to get circumcised, and he promptly succeeded in fathering a son, Isaac, by Sarah.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:28 AM   #32
Thermal
Philosopher

Well, yeah, that's the tale. But at some point there was a real person who looked at the newborn, looked at his knife, and got generations to buy into this
Old 4th December 2018, 02:24 PM   #33
Itchy Boy
Thinker

Society is being intentionally denigrated and this is just another example of making the unthinkable eventually thinkable.

A few other examples:

- Japanese chef opened a restaurant where he served dishes made with dirt. Dirt soup, dirt salad, etc. It was somewhat pricey too, according to patrons who said the food had an 'earthy' taste.

- another (I think) Japanese guy is making fake meat out of feces

- getting us to eat bugs - I know it's normal in some cultures, but not ours. Getting us to eat bugs will require some major social engineering - otherwise known as 'mind control'.

- normalizing all kinds of sexual behaviour. Look up NAMBLA if you're not familiar with it. Recently, there was a story about a woman who has sex with trees. Another young woman on YouTube was promoting sex with dogs, describing which breeds were the best 'lickers'.

- Netflix has a show called "Big Mouth" that's geared towards pre-pubescents.

I can't post links yet but search YT for "Big Mouth - Nick talks about Andrews privates" and you'll see what youngsters are now being exposed to.

In a couple of generations, all kinds of behaviour now considered aberrant will become 'normal' or at least accepted. They will 'find' some genetic link to justify the behaviour. "It's not their fault, it's in their DNA."
Itchy Boy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 02:32 PM   #34
Diablo
Muse

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Well, yeah, that's the tale. But at some point there was a real person who looked at the newborn, looked at his knife, and got generations to buy into this
The original used car salesman, before they had cars.
Old 4th December 2018, 02:33 PM   #35
Diablo
Muse

Originally Posted by Itchy Boy View Post
Society is being intentionally denigrated and this is just another example of making the unthinkable eventually thinkable.

A few other examples:

- Japanese chef opened a restaurant where he served dishes made with dirt. Dirt soup, dirt salad, etc. It was somewhat pricey too, according to patrons who said the food had an 'earthy' taste.

- another (I think) Japanese guy is making fake meat out of feces

- getting us to eat bugs - I know it's normal in some cultures, but not ours. Getting us to eat bugs will require some major social engineering - otherwise known as 'mind control'.

- normalizing all kinds of sexual behaviour. Look up NAMBLA if you're not familiar with it. Recently, there was a story about a woman who has sex with trees. Another young woman on YouTube was promoting sex with dogs, describing which breeds were the best 'lickers'.

I can't post links yet but search YT for "Big Mouth - Nick talks about Andrews privates" and you'll see what youngsters are now being exposed to.

In a couple of generations, all kinds of behaviour now considered aberrant will become 'normal' or at least accepted. They will 'find' some genetic link to justify the behaviour. "It's not their fault, it's in their DNA."
Gotta make a buck....
Old 4th December 2018, 02:48 PM   #36
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I second the recommendation, it's a pretty good show.
Old 4th December 2018, 03:04 PM   #37
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Yet, people pay high dollar for invertebrate sea animals.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 03:48 PM   #38
Dr.Sid
Graduate Poster

What about genetically cloned artificially cloned baby foreskins ? Never knew there might be business in that.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 06:23 PM   #39
madurobob
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
What about genetically cloned artificially cloned baby foreskins ? Never knew there might be business in that.
I prefer organic, gluten-free, non-GMO foreskin facials, myself.
Old 5th December 2018, 01:36 PM   #40
Senex
Philosopher

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Kate, you're dead to me.
Your standards are higher than mine.
Senex is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events