ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:53 PM   #41
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
We feels for ya, NM! From Australia, with our capital being Vienna. And yes, we speak English here too.
And I'm from WA.....
Old 2nd December 2018, 08:13 PM   #42
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
And I'm from WA.....
Another sandgroper!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 08:55 PM   #43
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Another sandgroper!
Quote:
Sandgropers are well-known for being taller, healthier and better-looking...Moreover, they are characterized by high intelligence. Sandgroper men tend to be strong and athletic.
Works for me.
Old 3rd December 2018, 07:38 AM   #44
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

We feels for ya, NM! From Australia, with our capital being Vienna. And yes, we speak English here too.
You shouldn't have let Al move in, mate. And "English" is a really broad brush, ain't it, ya'll?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:42 AM   #45
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
In fairness, New Mexico does sound a bit foreign. And 1912 isn't really that long ago.
Yeah, just a smidge over a century. How can anyone be expected to learn it's part of the US in such a short time?
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:38 AM   #46
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Related: after the Boston bombing of 2013 by Chechens the president of the Czech Republic publicly extolled Americans to please stop sending them hate mail.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 04:49 PM   #47
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Yeah, just a smidge over a century. How can anyone be expected to learn it's part of the US in such a short time?
Well, a lot of people were born long before 1912, so New Mexico wouldn't have been a state their entire freaking lives. Their brains having long rotted away from being dead, though, they might only find work at a D.C. marriage license office.
Old 3rd December 2018, 05:35 PM   #48
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

But it says MEXICO! Don't care if it's new or not. It says MEXICO!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th December 2018, 12:43 PM   #49
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

A while back when one of the Olympics were being held in the US, people from New Mexico were being denied early ticket purchases because they didn't live in the USA.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 07:54 AM   #50
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

New Orleans, that US a separate country.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 08:41 PM   #51
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
I was refused alcohol in east Texas once because "sorry, we don't accept foreign ID".

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._999%2ANNN.jpg

Notice the "USA"? Its to prevent harassment when travelling out of state.
The promo magazine (I think it is called New Mexico Highways and it may well still be published) used to run a column each issue with a bunch of stories from readers about being thought foreign if they had NM plates or ID...…...

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 08:43 PM   #52
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

and damn if I am not right: https://new-mexico-magazine-5024.com...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 08:53 PM   #53
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
New Orleans, that US a separate country.
If Jean d'Arc could only see what the Maids of Orleans were up to on Mardi Gras now...

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events