IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 30th January 2013, 05:54 AM   #1
tusenfem
Illuminator

Creationism in Rotterdam

Eek! I was just listening to the regional Radio Rijnmond and they had a (paid) advertisement for a creationist evening in one of the theatres in Rotterdam. The event is called "The Creation" (de Schepping) and is all about:

Quote:
De film is een duidelijk pleidooi dat de mens geen toevalsproduct is, maar een wezen dat het geniale handschrift van een liefdevolle schepper draagt.
The movie is a clear plea that humankind is not a coincidental product, but a creature that carries the genius handwriting of a loving creator.
Okay, just thought I should mention this.
Maybe some skeptics can make a picket line with shield like "we don't want your ID, let Nature rule" or something of the sort.
Old 30th January 2013, 06:35 AM   #2
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
The movie is a clear plea that humankind is not a coincidental product, but a creature that carries the genius handwriting of a loving creator.
My take...the movie can plea all it wants to; doesn't affect the nature of reality.

PS: Cool language.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Femke
Goddess of the Glowing Sunsets

Thanks.
Good catch, tusenfem. I'll have a read around on their forum. I don't know much about Seventh Day Adventists, they sound eekily happy.

But, as aggle says, it won't affect many people, the creationists are not very strong here.
Epiphanette (a very small epiphany): that kind of tingly, excited feeling of realizing that you were wrong, and that you have to adjust your world view accordingly. - With thanks to Weak Kitten and Blue Sock Monkey.

I am 100% confident all professional psychics and mediums are frauds. The rest might be sincere but are still deluded.
Femke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Bram Kaandorp
Master Poster

Yeah, I'm not worried either. People here tend to be wary of anyone who wants to go against science for religious reasons. Medicine is a bigger issue.

Wait, "terser" is a word, right?
Bram Kaandorp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal