IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags flat earth , flat earthers

Old 1st December 2017, 12:42 AM   #121
Planigale
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
I was referring to "Nobody" knows what it is. I'll show ya...

'evolution'?? What's that...? Define evolution...?

a. Post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?
b. Post just TWO Formal Scientific Hypotheses then Experiments that concretized it into a REAL Scientific Theory...?
c. Post the Null Hypotheses that were Rejected/Falsified for each...?
d. Highlight The Independent Variables used in Each TEST...?

regards
Evolution in action.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42103058

Discovery of DNA and consequent genetics was a 'prediction' of Wallace's theory of speciation by evolution. How inheritance happened was unknown when Wallace
wrote his paper on evolution. Subsequent experiments showed genetics happened in the way required for evolution to occur. The null hypothesis was the then current idea that parental characteristics mingled.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:47 AM   #122
davefoc
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
That is true, a reliable source told me the same thing very recently

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8&postcount=79
Wow, I was skeptical of this claim but now I've seen three posts claiming the same thing. It must be true.

Perfection is the enemy of good enough -- Russian proverb
davefoc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:49 AM   #123
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Don't fall into Daniel's trap, Planigale.

You'll get invited to link to the actual scientific theory of evolution, as though there is one single paper covering it. There are tens of thousands of papers, of course, but if you link to one of them, it'll be dismissed as not being THE one. It's a really tedious game, played only to piss people off thoroughly, by young earth creationists who don't understand any science at all, and won't accept anything other than goddidit.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:55 AM   #124
davefoc
Philosopher

Does anybody have some thoughts about how to determine if somebody really believes the Earth is flat?

There is no doubt that widespread conspiracy theories have at least some people faking belief in the theory as a sort of a goof or even for cynical self serving reasons like with regard to birtherism.

But it seems like a lot of "flat earth believers" may not be actual flat earth believers.

I don't want to even come close to violating any JREF rules but if Daniel would allow people to express their ideas about whether Daniel is a true believer flat Earther or not I'd like to hear what they are.

davefoc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 12:58 AM   #125
Planigale
Philosopher

Let's end all of this 'Whistl'n Past the Graveyard' nonsense: Photographs/CGI/Outer Space ect ect.

The Earth is Flat...

Sea Sparrow (NATO):

"Bistatic, semiactive seekers in the nose of a missile receive a reflected signal from a target that is being “illuminated” with an RF signal transmitted from a fire control radar on a stand-off platform (e.g., aircraft, ship). Such systems REQUIRE that the platform maintain LINE OF SIGHT (LOS) the target until it is engaged by the missile. Ship-based standard missile (SM) and NATO Seasparrow AAW missiles are examples of such a semiactive mode."
http://m.eet.com/media/1111959/819_radar3.pdf

Range is MORE THAN 35 Miles. http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/
The target is "Illuminated" with a 2 inch Pencil Beam (RF) which has to be maintained "Painted" on the target until detonation. At a more than generous 80 Feet Elevation above Sea LEVEL (Tracking Radar Height), the target should be hidden behind 385 Feet of Curvature.

Please explain how you can have Line of Sight (LOS) 35 Miles Away on a "Spinning-Ball" by showing how an 2" RF Pencil Beam can penetrate 385 Feet (117 METERS) of Target Hidden Height through a WALL OF WATER 24 MILES in Length...??
(ps. 35 miles is "Low Balling": (The 'Official' Max Effective Range is Classified ---- i.e. it's MUCH MUCH greater than 35 Miles!).

All of the "images" of Earth are from "Space" i.e., Vacuum or Near Vacuum. Well there is No Vacuum or Near Vacuum...

1. How do you have a GAS PRESSURE (Atmospheric Pressure) WITHOUT a Container...TO BEGIN WITH?? When...

"The "PRESSURE OF A GAS" is the force that the gas exerts on the WALLS OF IT'S CONTAINER".
http://chemistry.elmhurst.edu/vchemb...0pressure.html

Please, I can't wait to hear this Yarn...?
Basically, explain how you can have a "Tire Pressure"...

WITHOUT THE TIRE !!!

2. How can you have a Vacuum (Outer-Space) attached to a Non-Vacuum (Earth) WITHOUT a Physical Barrier in the same system simultaneously, without Bludgeoning to a Bloody Pulp... the Laws of Entropy (2LOT) ??

a. In other words, How are you still Breathing and adhering to your fairytale religion... BOTH, at the same time??

b. Then, Define the Law of Non-Contradiction...?

c. Then, please list each fairytale associated with "Outer-Space" that gets taken out back to the Woodshed and Bludgeoned Senseless as a result of the fairytale "Vacuum of Space" VAPORIZING....?

3. And, This is kinda fun...How in the World did the Earth Form an Atmosphere at all... "IN A VACUUM"?? From a big bang??

Have you ever heard: "Nature Abhors a Vacuum", by chance? Why is that...?

regards
But what keeps the sea from flowing away? Liquids have to be kept in a container! All those pictures of the sea must be fake because it must really be under glass.

I wonder why atmospheric pressure falls with altitude? Why climbers need oxygen and water boils at a lower temperature?
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 01:18 AM   #126
davefoc
Philosopher

Has there been a response from flat earther's to Neil Degrasse Tyson's tweet?
https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/934906611088359426

In preparing for this question I took a look at what flat Earther theory has to say about eclipses. I only found a video about solar eclipses. The explanation there seems to be that the sun rotates around the flat earth above the plane that the moon is in. Periodically the moon gets between the sun and the Earth and blocks the the sun's light from reaching earth.

How are Lunar eclipses explained if the flat earth solar eclipse theory is correct? What blocks the sunlight from reaching the moon during a lunar eclipse if the sun is in a plane above the moon?

Old 1st December 2017, 01:19 AM   #127
Octavo
Illuminator

Earth is obviously flat. I found this original source image from apollo before they cgi'd it!

Daniel was right!
Old 1st December 2017, 01:47 AM   #128
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by davefoc View Post
......I don't want to even come close to violating any JREF rules but if Daniel would allow people to express their ideas about whether Daniel is a true believer flat Earther or not I'd like to hear what they are.
Well if he is now, he wasn't always. Someone with better search skills than me might find him derisively dismissing flat earth theory a few years back, which makes his current vehemence even more amusing.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 01:49 AM   #129
davefoc
Philosopher

Isn't there a ridge around the edge to keep the oceans from draining? Maybe it's low enough that you can't see it in the image you posted? I hope the earth around the edge is very stable and strong. I'd hate to see the oceans drain because of a break in the earth's outer ring due to an earthquake or a meteor strike. Ugh, one more thing to worry about.

I wonder when you're near the periphery if gravity changes direction because there's no earth to pull you from outside the earth.

Old 1st December 2017, 01:57 AM   #130
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Isn't there a ridge around the edge to keep the oceans from draining? Maybe it's low enough that you can't see it in the image you posted? I hope the earth around the edge is very stable and strong. I'd hate to see the oceans drain because of a break in the earth's outer ring due to an earthquake or a meteor strike. Ugh, one more thing to worry about.

I wonder when you're near the periphery if gravity changes direction because there's no earth to pull you from outside the earth.
No, there's an ice wall around the whole thing, apparently. Yep, if you head off east or west along the equator you'll eventually come to an ice wall holding everything in.

Oh, and gravity doesn't exist either. Obviously.
Old 1st December 2017, 02:08 AM   #131
davefoc
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
No, there's an ice wall around the whole thing, apparently. Yep, if you head off east or west along the equator you'll eventually come to an ice wall holding everything in.

Oh, and gravity doesn't exist either. Obviously.
Thanks, that explains a lot. If there's a break in the wall caused by an earthquake or other event the water that flows into the edge area would just refreeze. No harm no foul. And of course if you've just caused a giant flood that has covered the earth and killed almost everybody on it, the ice wall can be defrosted in a few places for awhile to drain the excess water. Maybe that's what happened to the unicorns. They just got washed over the edge after they fell overboard.

As to the going east or west when you're on the equator you'll eventually come to an ice wall: I didn't know that, thanks again.

As to gravity doesn't exist either. Obviously: Yes, obviously

Last edited by davefoc; 1st December 2017 at 02:12 AM.
Old 1st December 2017, 02:25 AM   #132
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
What is supposed to be the motive for lying about the earth being a sphere?
You're making the mistake of looking at this the right way round. Conspiracy theorists don't reason from premises to conclusions; they start with conclusions, reason back to the premises required to support those conclusions, then insist that these premises are reasonable and correct. If you bend over backwards and stick your head up your arse, all the reasoning starts to make more sense.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 02:29 AM   #133
Cheetah
Master Poster

No, there's an ice wall around the whole thing, apparently.

We are surrounded by penguins?

What a nightmare. It's a cruel, cruel world.

Last edited by Cheetah; 1st December 2017 at 02:30 AM.
Cheetah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 02:44 AM   #134
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Yep.....penguins on the equator. You heard it here first.
Old 1st December 2017, 02:53 AM   #135
davefoc
Philosopher

delete

Last edited by davefoc; 1st December 2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 1st December 2017, 03:10 AM   #136
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
The horizon is how distant, on a flat Earth?

Your mask slipped there. You need to get back in character.

Dave
This. This.

It's all very silly performance art.
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 03:33 AM   #137
BillC
Bazooka Joe

2. How can you have a Vacuum (Outer-Space) attached to a Non-Vacuum (Earth) WITHOUT a Physical Barrier in the same system simultaneously, without Bludgeoning to a Bloody Pulp... the Laws of Entropy (2LOT) ??
I'm curious as to what you think holds the atmospheres of Mars and Titan in, for example.
BillC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 03:54 AM   #138
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by BillC View Post
I'm curious as to what you think holds the atmospheres of Mars and Titan in, for example.
[Daniel mode]

Prove they've got an atmosphere. Prove they exist. Prove they're not just a tiny hole in a big dome over the earth with a light shining through it.
Old 1st December 2017, 04:35 AM   #139
BillC
Bazooka Joe

cough... Galapagos... cough...
Old 1st December 2017, 07:04 AM   #140
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

There are even penguins in Berlin. I have seen them! Or Cologne, or both! That is not to say Berlin or Cologne are on the equator, nor the south pole; I am saying that the spherical-earth-model fails to explain the observed distribution of penguins.

Another falsification!
Old 1st December 2017, 07:47 AM   #141
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
So all cartographers (and even Geography degree holders, since we all take at least one Cartography course) are in on it! Even me... oh well, I guess I can kiss that monthly payment from the sphericalist conspiracy HQ good-bye now that I've spilled the beans!
Well they seem to be just made of money. I tried to figure out how many people they're paying off and how much money they would have to spend keeping an eye on the edge, but almost immediately it was essentially all the money in the world. This conspiracy is not just the largest employer on Earth, it's bigger than all the others combined. Honestly at this point I'm not sure why we uh, they bother.

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Take a barometer, and climb a mountain. What happens to the air pressure?
It gets paid off and becomes part of the conspiracy?

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
What I always wonder is when the conspiracy that makes us all believe the earth is round is going to reveal their time machine that allowed them to start the conspiracy in 500BC and keep patrolling the earth ever since.
I want to know what that very first guy was thinking. "Well, Ive determined the shape of the Earth. Hmm. You know what? I'm going to dedicate my life to convincing everyone it's actually a sphere, just for laughs. I'm going to need to start a discwide - no, "global", hah! - conspiracy to trick everyone and make up all sorts of internally consistent science and patrol the edge even though it's unbelieveably massive and... man this is a lot of work for no real payoff. Better get started!"

Does anybody have some thoughts about how to determine if somebody really believes the Earth is flat?
I think about that a lot. There are so many people that are just trolling, and it's such a crazy theory that it's hard to tell even the unsophisticated trolls from the real thing. There's just nothing a troll could say where I would be tipped off because the true believers will say ANYTHING.

I think.

I mean, it's possible I've never encountered a true believer and they're ALL trolls.

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
But what keeps the sea from flowing away? Liquids have to be kept in a container! All those pictures of the sea must be fake because it must really be under glass.

I wonder why atmospheric pressure falls with altitude? Why climbers need oxygen and water boils at a lower temperature?
The world is accelerating upwards, so the air and water gets squished down in the same way that you get squished back into your seat when the driver suddenly speeds up. The air would flow off the edge, but we're in a dome.

You'd think with all this accelleration (which has been going on for at least 6,000 years if you're a Young Flat Earth Creationist) we would be going some insane speed but whatever is causing it seems to have no intention of slowing. Man, I hope it doesn't abruptly hit the brakes or we'll all slam into the dome.

As to the going east or west when you're on the equator you'll eventually come to an ice wall: I didn't know that, thanks again.
Well... depending on the map, the equator is a circle. So East/West yes, but equator no. Or... should we just say 'rimwards'? Does East or West mean anything on a Flat Earth? Where's the South pole? I really wish they'd make a map they could all agree on, but of course they can't have one that could be tested.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 08:35 AM   #142
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Behold the flat Earth wiki: https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki
Old 1st December 2017, 08:49 AM   #143
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Sea Sparrow are Anti Aircraft Missiles, they are fired at targets that are up in the air, above the surface.

Thanks!! You have Absolutely "No Clue" to what you're talking about...

"ESSM (RIM 162) offers naval combatants reliable self-defence and high fire-power. The missile can be launched from surface ships to destroy threats that include high speed, highly maneuvering anti-ship cruise missiles, low velocity air threats (LVATs), high-diving threats and SURFACE-BASED TARGETS. It can also engage attack aircraft, helicopters and SHIPS."
http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/

regards
Daniel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 08:52 AM   #144
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by threadworm View Post

I'm Enoch2021 on Worthy Christian Forums

Do you have a coherent substantive argument/position in lieu of this feeble ad hom fallacy by chance?

regards
Daniel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 08:54 AM   #145
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
I'm pretty sure the U.S navy has aircraft that can fly higher than 80 feet.

What on Earth does this have to do with Bertlmann's Socks?

regards
Old 1st December 2017, 08:58 AM   #146
The Big Dog

Do you have a coherent substantive argument/position in lieu of this feeble ad hom fallacy by chance?

regards
That is not an ad hom fallacy, and it was in fact cut and pasted from that forum.

Heck you don't even have to be standing on the top of Everest to see that far. You know, Everest where you said that the horizon is much further away, which is due to the fact the Earth is not flat?

The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:01 AM   #147
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
A pretty awful example. Firstly, the Sea Sparrow is a medium range air-to-air missile

Thanks!! You also have absolutely NO Clue to what you're talking about...

"ESSM (RIM 162) offers naval combatants reliable self-defence and high fire-power. The missile can be launched from surface ships to destroy threats that include high speed, highly maneuvering anti-ship cruise missiles, low velocity air threats (LVATs), high-diving threats and SURFACE-BASED TARGETS. It can also engage attack aircraft, helicopters and SHIPS."
http://www.naval-technology.com/proj...-missile-essm/

Quote:
That last statement is a barefaced lie;

So a "Na'ahh, liar liar pants on fire defense"? Riveting.

Quote:
you actually refuse to hear the mechanism by which atmospheric pressure is able to exist, despite having it explained to you in detail in other threads.

1. I refuse to hear, eh?

2. Delusions of Past Vicarious Delusions of Grandeur.

regards
Old 1st December 2017, 09:03 AM   #148
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
That is not an ad hom fallacy, and it was in fact cut and pasted from that forum.

Yes it is...he was attacking my credibility in lieu of an argument. It's TEXTBOOK!

regards
Old 1st December 2017, 09:04 AM   #149
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Behold the flat Earth wiki: https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Flat_Earth_Wiki
From that:

Quote:
The earth isn't pulled into a sphere because the force known as gravity exists in a greatly diminished form compared to what is commonly taught. The earth is constantly accelerating up at a rate of 32 feet per second squared (or 9.8 meters per second squared). This constant acceleration causes what you think of as gravity. Imagine sitting in a car that never stops speeding up. You will be forever pushed into your seat. The earth works much the same way. It is constantly accelerating upwards being pushed by a universal accelerator (UA) known as dark energy or aetheric wind.
Could someone work out what acceleration of 9.8 m/sec/sec for 6000 years would mean our current speed through space would be, according to this formula, and assuming a YEC take on the age of the planet.
Old 1st December 2017, 09:05 AM   #150
Imhotep
Graduate Poster

1. The Moon
2. Ships and the horizon
3. Varying star constellations
4. Shadows and sticks
5. Seeing farther from higher
6. Ride a plane
7. Look at other planets
8. The existence of time zones
9. The pull of gravity
10. Images from space

https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-c...earth-is-round
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:06 AM   #151
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The earth is flat! We know that from GPS, which we derive from a series of satellites orbiting the... ummmm.... globe in.... errrr... space.

'Satellites' on Balloons...

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/wallops...om-new-zealand

regards
Old 1st December 2017, 09:09 AM   #152
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

And it would be against, for example, "high-diving threats," "attack aircraft" and "helicopters" that its maximum range would be of use and practically achievable; alternatively, using a stand-off aircraft to paint the target would allow over-the-horizon use. But you've already had it explained to you that it was originally a repurposed air-to-air missile that inherited the effective range of the original; clearly it's only the difficulty of cultivating a sufficiently plausible level of feigned misunderstanding that prevents you from replying to that. Do you have any associates who can assist with your scriptwriting? I think some aspects of your character and dialogue need external input.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:09 AM   #153
Daniel
Muse

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
What is supposed to be the motive for lying about the earth being a sphere?

1. Appeal to Motive/Intent (Fallacy).

2. Well you can't have a Flat/Non-Spinning/Domed/Geocentric Earth in Shangri-La, the "Jig is Up" in a Prima Facie sorta way.

regards
Old 1st December 2017, 09:10 AM   #154
The Big Dog

Yes it is...he was attacking my credibility in lieu of an argument. It's TEXTBOOK!

regards
He was not doing that, he was simply pointing out the source, and in any event, challenging the credibility of one's claims is not fallacious.

Which is something someone can see from the top of Mount Everest which at 29,029 Feet, the Horizon is at 208 Miles because the Earth is not flat.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 09:12 AM   #155
Dave Rogers

Thanks!! You also have absolutely NO Clue to what you're talking about...
And now you have to resort to cherry picking. Sad.

And, yes, you have told an outright lie by claiming you wish to hear something you clearly do not.

Dave

Old 1st December 2017, 09:14 AM   #156
Daniel
Muse

Oh? How does the horizon depend on height?

Bit of a slip, there, ehh, Daniel?

You bumble into this 'discussion' and you ask this??

This is tantamount to a Neurosurgical Candidate during an interview with the Head of Neurosurgery, suddenly exclaiming: "What's a Cerebellum??"

regards and Thank!!
Old 1st December 2017, 09:15 AM   #157
The Big Dog

'Satellites' on Balloons...

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/wallops...om-new-zealand

regards
"NASA successfully launched its football-stadium-sized, heavy-lift super pressure balloon (SPB) from Wanaka, New Zealand, at 10:50 a.m. Tuesday, April 25 (6:50 p.m. April 24 in U.S. Eastern Time), on a mission designed to run 100 or more days floating at 110,000 feet (33.5 km) about the globe in the southern hemisphere's mid-latitude band."

Did you mean to quote another source showing the fact that the earth is round? By the way, if the Earth was flat, you could see that balloon at all times from anywhere on the globe pancake
Old 1st December 2017, 09:20 AM   #158
Daniel
Muse

Perhaps you would like to read those articles a bit more closely?

I have. Do you have a coherent rebuttal by chance?

Quote:
Take a barometer, and climb a mountain. What happens to the air pressure?

Explain.

It drops. What's next, Hit the Gas in your car...what happens to the Speedometer?

Quote:
Yes. It is wrong.

So another "Na'ahh" defense? Riveting!! You wouldn't happen to be Pre-Law by chance?

Quote:
You know, from way back when they didn't quite know what they were talking about?

Oh goodness

Please share....?

regards
Old 1st December 2017, 09:24 AM   #159
The Big Dog

It drops.
regards
Excellent! Now you have just rebutted your earlier claim that the pressure of the atmosphere is dependent on its "container".

Just like you rebutted your claim that the earth is flat by reference to the horizon at Everest.

And citing to papers mentioning the globe and hemispheres.
Old 1st December 2017, 09:26 AM   #160
threadworm
Graduate Poster

regards
Not an ad hom, merely pointing out how lazy you are by not posting anything original here. There are rules about that sort of thing, in addition to it being common courtesy.

I'm still waiting for for a coherent and substantive argument/response to the posts made in rebutting your ludicrous 'all CGI' claim. Seems to me that you recycling nonsense that you post elsewhere (including an article that discusses over the horizon radar ) coincided very conveniently with posts that proved your CGI claims to be nonsense.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories