IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 10th November 2017, 03:23 PM   #401
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
It was originally on Alternet and punted upfield in the Salon story, but it appears all to be rumour.
Thx
Old 10th November 2017, 07:43 PM   #402
GodMark2
Master Poster

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Should really have known that she wasn't up to the job when she stated that they needed guns in schools as protection for grizzly bears. Come on, everyone knows, you don't shoot a grizzly, it'll just make it angry!

*****WARNING: Graphic Images in article. Not for the squeamish!******
He just needed a bigger gun. I'd suggest something in the 120mm range. That should at least make the bear pause and ponder.
Old 14th November 2017, 01:31 PM   #403
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I hereby nominate Jeff Sessions. Who is simultaneously trying to explain why he can't remember being in meetings with Papadopolous where Russian collusion was discussed and being criticized by Trump & Co for not locking her up.

No worries for Jeffie though. After Roy Moore is expelled by the Senate the governor can nominate him back to his old seat.
Old 21st November 2017, 02:42 PM   #404
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ump-idiot-dope

MR McMaster maybe the next out now. We'll see. For some reason The Hair dislikes having his intellectual deficiency pointed out to him. Not sure why; it's perfectly obvious.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd November 2017, 12:12 AM   #405
Civet
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ump-idiot-dope

MR McMaster maybe the next out now. We'll see. For some reason The Hair dislikes having his intellectual deficiency pointed out to him. Not sure why; it's perfectly obvious.
Wow. If that's on the level (or if Trump just believes it is) I can't imagine McMaster lasting much longer. It it's true, I'm not surprised that he'd feel that way about Trump, but I am surprised that he'd be so reckless about spreading it around.
Civet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 09:28 AM   #406
Galaxie
Graduate Poster

Tillerson soon to be out?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/u...peo-trump.html
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 09:38 AM   #407
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Conway is moving on to become some sort of opioid czar but I don't think that counts.
Old 30th November 2017, 09:54 AM   #408
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
There was supposed to be some kind of "suicide pact" between Tillerson, Mnuchin and Mattis...

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7984151.html

I expect that it will prove to be so much hot air.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 09:58 AM   #409
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
There was supposed to be some kind of "suicide pact" between Tillerson, Mnuchin and Mattis...

I expect that it will prove to be so much hot air.
All the hot air is what keeps them afloat.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 10:40 AM   #410
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1

White House readies plan to replace Tillerson with Pompeo at State, install Cotton at CIA
The plan, hatched by White House chief of staff John F. Kelly, is expected to be set in motion over the next few weeks.

Looks like Tillerson is a good bet for next.
Old 30th November 2017, 10:47 AM   #411
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Conway is moving on to become some sort of opioid czar but I don't think that counts.
So is she working for Kushner or was this taken off his plate?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 11:09 AM   #412
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Tillerson has been a disaster at State. He should go. He’s likely be happier too since he considers Trump a moron.
Old 30th November 2017, 11:38 AM   #413
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Tillerson has been a disaster at State. He should go. He’s likely be happier too since he considers Trump a moron.
Trump needs Tillerson more than the other way around.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:37 PM   #414
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by seayakin View Post
My money is on Tillerson
Best keep it there for now.
Old 30th November 2017, 01:16 PM   #415
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Don View Post

Completely off-topic, and I'm really asking nobody, but... why is that filed under "Culture > Film > News"?
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 01:16 PM   #416
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Agreed but Tom Cotton at the CIA would be a even greater disaster.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 02:09 PM   #417
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

But what are the odds anyone else would actually improve the situation?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 04:17 PM   #418
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
So is she working for Kushner or was this taken off his plate?
Good question. I recall he was made responsible for a whole raft of things, but don't recall what any of the others were. Strange how long ago that seems now.

Does anyone recall who was going to plug the leaks at the White House? Was that one of Jared's? Or was it a Kelly mission?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 04:37 PM   #419
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
Since he has to go, better he go now while things are quiet on the diplomatic front, thanks to Pax Trumpicus. The new guy can settle in over the Xmas-New Year season when nothing much goes on back in the office.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2017, 04:40 PM   #420
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Agreed but Tom Cotton at the CIA would be a even greater disaster.
How's this going to weave into the Russia investigation and obstruction of justice tapestry? (Rhetorical.)

Old 30th November 2017, 06:56 PM   #421
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
How's this going to weave into the Russia investigation and obstruction of justice tapestry? (Rhetorical.)
It doesn't. He's just a pro-torture psychopath.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2017, 03:19 PM   #422
Doubt
Philosopher

And replace him with Sarah Sanders! After all, we don't need somebody at the State Department with ambiguous credibility.
Old 1st December 2017, 09:11 PM   #423
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nl_most&wpmm=1

White House readies plan to replace Tillerson with Pompeo at State, install Cotton at CIA
The plan, hatched by White House chief of staff John F. Kelly, is expected to be set in motion over the next few weeks.

Looks like Tillerson is a good bet for next.
He's my top pick for the next figure the Mueller investigation turns its attention to, what fortuitous timing...

"Oh, you want to go back to the private sector and make fat stacks, huh? Have a seat right over here..."

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 1st December 2017 at 09:13 PM.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:01 AM   #424
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Kushner is looking a lot like he's going back to New York to take care of the family business. Mueller is closing in and there's no upside for him to stay in Washington.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 03:31 AM   #425
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Kushner is an enigma to me. He has been given the most plentiful policy portfolio of all ("peace in the ME" anyone? And several more of that caliber), yet is so far back in the background, we famously don't even know his voice. Well almost. What is it in Trump's head that makes Kushner so yugely, bigly important? Is he expendable?

He is such a light weight, any ill breeze ought to whisk him away.

I am not sure Kushner is next, even though he is clearly in Mueller's crosshairs. Too attached to the POTUS's next of kin.

I still say: Kelly!
Old 2nd December 2017, 06:33 AM   #426
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
He's my top pick for the next figure the Mueller investigation turns its attention to, what fortuitous timing...

"Oh, you want to go back to the private sector and make fat stacks, huh? Have a seat right over here..."
I'm not a big fan of Tillerson, but I don't think he's deep in the mud here. Perhaps I could be wrong, but he wasn't an integral part of the campaign or transition, far as I recall, and that's the time that is the focus, no?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 06:53 AM   #427
Cain
Straussian

Trump only hires the best people, but government is so slow and inefficient that we can't get the NEW best people in fast enough.

Last edited by Cain; 2nd December 2017 at 06:57 AM.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:15 AM   #428
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I'm not a big fan of Tillerson, but I don't think he's deep in the mud here. Perhaps I could be wrong, but he wasn't an integral part of the campaign or transition, far as I recall, and that's the time that is the focus, no?
I imagine someone has been talking Tillerson into staying. He should have left after he got undercut when he was trying to talk to the North Koreans while he was in China.
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:00 PM   #429
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Trump will probably keep Tillerson now just to prove the news is fake!
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:31 AM   #430
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
That was what I was thinking

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2017, 08:49 AM   #431
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post

Maybe for a week or two.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:55 PM   #432
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by quadraginta

Maybe for a week or two.

True, not firing someone who is known to be contemptuous of Trump must be eating him inside...

ETA: Firing Tillerson will vindicate "Fake News", not firing him means Tillerson has got away with calling him a moron.

Where will Trump's ego force him

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK

Last edited by jimbob; 3rd December 2017 at 12:58 PM.
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2017, 05:16 PM   #433
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Tillerson can resign and have enough loyalty not to admit Trump ordered him to do so. Trump can then say he's sorry to see him go.
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:32 PM   #434
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

And what about the alleged suicide pact?
Old 4th December 2017, 01:05 AM   #435
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
And what about the alleged suicide pact?
Even if it existed (and IMO they were a pretty unlikely trio to tie themselves thusly) it would require senior Republicans to behave in an honourable manner.

If I put in enough laughing dogs to properly comment on that statement, I'd likely break the internet.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2017, 02:03 AM   #436
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Where will Trump's ego force him

More yelling about Hillary on Twitter as an absolute minimum.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2017, 08:04 AM   #437
NoahFence
Banned

Seems the most insipid of them all (Aside from the boss) is leaving. Omarosa.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2017, 09:10 AM   #438
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Seems the most insipid of them all (Aside from the boss) is leaving. Omarosa.
Omarosa is out!

Escorted out of the building! (I don't know if that's in a good way, or like "escorted out" by security.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/o...q52#.kx3jApDep

Quote:
Omarosa Manigault, the former reality TV star turned political aide to President Trump, has resigned from her administration position, the White House announced Wednesday.

Manigault resigned on Tuesday "to pursue other opportunities," press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. Her resignation will not be effective until Jan. 20, 2018 — exactly one year since Trump took office.

"We wish her the best in future endeavors and are grateful for her service," Sanders said.

Manigault was escorted out of the building, sources told BuzzFeed News. And April Ryan, who covers the White House and has feuded with Manigault, reported Wednesday there was "drama" around the departure and that she was "escorted out of the building." "Omarosa did not resign," Ryan reported.

Manigault's official title was director of communications for the White House Public Liaison Office, but in reality she had a more undefined portfolio that caused some consternation among her colleagues.

She was widely reported to wander into meetings to which she was not invited, or derail briefings with off-topic discussions.

In April, she also showed up at the White House with her bridal party for a surprise photo shoot, Politico reported, but was banned from posting the pictures publicly due to "security and ethical concerns."
Old 13th December 2017, 10:46 AM   #439
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

From Ray Dalio's Principles, page 328:

Quote:
Don't let loyalty to people stand in the way of truth and the well-being of the organization. This is unhealthy and stands in the way of improvement because it prevents people from bringing their mistakes and weaknesses to the surface, encourages deception, and eliminates subordinates' right of appeal.
The same thing applies to personal loyalty. I have regularly seen people kept in jobs they don't deserve because of their personal relationship to the boss, and this leads to unscrupulous managers trading on personal loyalties to build fiefdoms for themselves.
Ray Dalio is a real successful business leader, and not the Reality Show version of a successful business leader.

Last edited by LSSBB; 13th December 2017 at 10:47 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2017, 10:53 AM   #440
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Omarosa is out!

Escorted out of the building! (I don't know if that's in a good way, or like "escorted out" by security.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/o...q52#.kx3jApDep
Too much showboating?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics