IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 10th August 2017, 02:09 PM   #81
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
That seems unlikely, we are going to have more turn over before any indictment against him could play out and family or at least his kids seems to be the one thing trump might be loyal to.
I suspect loyalty to the family only means they aren't the first he'd betray.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 02:42 PM   #82
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I'm waiting for him to try to fire McConnell. Who's going to tell him he can't?

Trump:"Seperation of Powers? What The Hell Is That? ".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 03:02 PM   #83
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Elaine Chao, but somehow your point has gone whooshing over my head. Is he going to have someone transported to Australia?
I missed it at first, too. Hat tip to Stacko for the reminder that she is married to Mitch McConnell.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 03:48 PM   #84
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I missed it at first, too. Hat tip to Stacko for the reminder that she is married to Mitch McConnell.
I don't think Trump or the MAGA media establishment has remembered it either. Expect them to turn on her in short order once that is realized.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2017, 05:07 PM   #85
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Look up her spouse.
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Awesome! Not that it's a particularly important cabinet position, like, you know, "Oops! I forget the third one".
Old 12th August 2017, 03:54 PM   #86
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'm changing to Bannon though I still think Kushner will leave soon as the Russia investigation makes it too hot for him. Kelly let McMaster fire a Flynn holdover protected by Bannon. Mooch also slammed Bannon and got away with it from the The Hair though he didn't survive Kelly. Bannon is going to get sidelined and will leave in a vain attempt to save his dignity or get shown the door by Kelly.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 05:00 PM   #87
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

White nationalists are on the march; Bannon is just fine.
Old 12th August 2017, 05:07 PM   #88
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
White nationalists are on the march; Bannon is just fine.
He might be in danger because white nationalists are on the march. Kelly may see Bannon as a cheap and easy sacrificial lamb to throw to those in The Hair's own party who see the response to the Nazi rioting as too weak. That, and Bannon couldn't protect his own people on the NSC from McMaster. The Hair also didn't even bother to give a cursory nod of support when "The Mooch" said Bannon was there to "suck his own cock". Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?
Old 12th August 2017, 05:40 PM   #89
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm changing to Bannon though I still think Kushner will leave soon as the Russia investigation makes it too hot for him. Kelly let McMaster fire a Flynn holdover protected by Bannon. Mooch also slammed Bannon and got away with it from the The Hair though he didn't survive Kelly. Bannon is going to get sidelined and will leave in a vain attempt to save his dignity or get shown the door by Kelly.
His what? He might just as soon try to save his unicorn!

He might be in danger because white nationalists are on the march. Kelly may see Bannon as a cheap and easy sacrificial lamb to throw to those in The Hair's own party who see the response to the Nazi rioting as too weak.
Uh-oh, that's not something they should do, as that could (and should) be construed as admitting that the Trump campaign's chief strategist is white supremacist nazi scum - that would reflect very badly on Trump himself, as Bannon was his own, personal choice and hs ticket to the Presidency.

That, and Bannon couldn't protect his own people on the NSC from McMaster. The Hair also didn't even bother to give a cursory nod of support when "The Mooch" said Bannon was there to "suck his own cock". Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?
Kelly is shaking up so much, it's draining his own standing. I still say "Kelly next".
Old 12th August 2017, 05:47 PM   #90
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
His what? He might just as soon try to save his unicorn!

Uh-oh, that's not something they should do, as that could (and should) be construed as admitting that the Trump campaign's chief strategist is white supremacist nazi scum - that would reflect very badly on Trump himself, as Bannon was his own, personal choice and hs ticket to the Presidency.

Kelly is shaking up so much, it's draining his own standing. I still say "Kelly next".
I did say a vain attempt. Maybe I should have said, a "vain attempt to save whatever passes for dignity for his kind".

You're right, I suspect Kelly won't serve a full year. However, shaking things up may improve his standing if he's seen by the rest of the staff as someone with the authority to clean house.
Old 12th August 2017, 06:01 PM   #91
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

<snip>

Sessions and McMaster have strong allies who have rallied around them when The Hair targeted them. Where are the "there will be holy hell to pay" sound bites about Bannon?

Trump needs to be more scared of those allies than he is of Bannon.

If Bannon goes it won't be quietly, and I think Trump knows that, and is afraid of what the noise will contain.

I expect that Bannon knows where a lot of skeletons are buried.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th August 2017, 07:40 PM   #92
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartanntp

It's like I'm psychic.
Old 13th August 2017, 12:12 AM   #93
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Well, I was gonna say I'm pretty sure Bannon is safe because clearly he or someone in his camp wrote that weak ass tweet.

But if that leak story has legs, uh-oh.

At the same time, he's a (small-time) media mogul, so I'm sure he's got folks on speed dial who can drop quotes in places.

"I'm shocked -shocked!- to find that gambling is going on in here."
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 12:40 AM   #94
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Trump may fire Bannon because president suspects he is behind damaging leaks: Report

by Caitlin Yilek | Aug 12, 2017, 7:08 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2631374

According to the article, Bannon has effectively been sidelined.

Last edited by zorro99; 13th August 2017 at 01:18 AM.
zorro99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 12:44 AM   #95
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Correct, and this is because loyalty only goes one way with Trump.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 03:48 AM   #96
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Trump may fire Bannon because president suspects he is behind damaging leaks: Report

by Caitlin Yilek | Aug 12, 2017, 7:08 PM Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Email this article

According to the article, Bannon has effectively been sidelined.
Apparently getting equal billing on cover of Joshua Green's book Devil's Bargain is among the last straws.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 04:18 AM   #97
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

True, but the questions at the end of the article require answers by anybody out to oust Bannon:
Quote:
Other questions circulating the West Wing:
  • How would two Republican mega-donors, Bob and Rebekah Mercer, react if Kelly were to fire Bannon on Trump's behalf? Given the financial support they've given to Bannon and Breitbart, would they turn against Trump, whom they've also supported?
  • How will Trump's base react to Bannon's firing?
  • What kind of havoc could Bannon wreak on the outside, unencumbered by his West Wing responsibilities?
US politics is money is US poltics. The Mercer angle may be key.
Old 13th August 2017, 09:18 AM   #98
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
The White House is getting more like Game of Thrones everyday....
Thankfully without the nudity.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 12:13 PM   #99
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Trump advisers signal the knives are out for Bannon

Bridgewater, New Jersey (CNN)Two senior Trump advisers -- one inside the White House and another who recently departed -- signaled Sunday that the knives are out for Steve Bannon, President Donald Trump's controversial chief strategist.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/08/13/politic...non/index.html
Old 13th August 2017, 03:44 PM   #100
Cl1mh4224rd
Philosopher

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post

I'm curious what Bannon's motivation is here; just an extreme dislike of McMaster?
Cl1mh4224rd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th August 2017, 03:50 PM   #101
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

It looks like only one will survive between Bannon and McMaster as Bannon turns to his conspiracy theorist friends to fling poo.
Old 13th August 2017, 04:41 PM   #102
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

I'd like McMaster to stay, so I expect he won't.
Old 13th August 2017, 05:46 PM   #103
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

From the link:
Quote:
Outside forces opposed to McMaster are going to allege he has a drinking problem,
Unlike Trump and his buddies, who merely have a thinking problem.
Old 13th August 2017, 09:42 PM   #104
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
Thankfully without the nudity.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-magazine.html

link is sfw.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 03:23 AM   #105
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Well he did cut off the health insurance to his nephew who had a disabled child born during a dispute over his fathers will.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th August 2017, 10:02 AM   #106
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
link is sfw.
It's not safe for my brain! There's a picture of Trump in it! Shame on you linking to such terrible material!
Old 14th August 2017, 05:23 PM   #107
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I'd like McMaster to stay, so I expect he won't.
If McMasters goes, Kelly will go also and the gap between Trump and the Mainstream GOP will become an abyss.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2017, 03:00 AM   #108
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

If McMasters goes, Kelly will go also and the gap between Trump and the Mainstream GOP will become an abyss.
Why do you think Kelly would go too ?

Surely as an honourable military man he would continue to serve the President until those services are no longer required - unless you're saying that the kind of White House climate which would see McMaster quitting or sacked would also result in Kelly being sacked.

I don't think Trump will mind one bit that there is a gulf between him and the RINO GOP. It will be up to the GOP to bridge that gap because Trump will likely be far happier being allowed to Tweet as he wishes and without the burden of GOP expectation regarding getting legislation through Congress (as opposed to simply issuing executive orders).
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2017, 04:42 AM   #109
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Changing my vote back to Bannon.

It looks like one of those Confederate statues may have been his final horcrux.

Old 16th August 2017, 06:23 AM   #110
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Changing my vote back to Bannon.

It looks like one of those Confederate statues may have been his final horcrux.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f9c0eb21bb.jpg
There's a little stain on his collar, too.

Do we have firm evidence of where he was the day of the protest?
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2017, 07:14 AM   #111
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
There's a little stain on his collar, too.
There's a stain on his lips, too. He must have fed recently.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2017, 07:17 AM   #112
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

I'm surprised Trump hasn't fired Bannon over his fashion sense.

Quote:
Nope. Instead, we're gonna talk about how Trump's White House Chief Strategist seems to like wearing TWO DAMN BUTTON DOWN SHIRTS at the same time.
Old 16th August 2017, 07:26 AM   #113
Worm
Illuminator

Damn, that guy looks halfway to dead. Seriously, he looks terrible. I hope a doctor is in his near future.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th August 2017, 10:46 AM   #114
Tommy Jeppesen
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Damn, that guy looks halfway to dead. Seriously, he looks terrible. I hope a doctor is in his near future.
As a human I hope he is well.
Old 16th August 2017, 10:50 AM   #115
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

As a human with some idea of what he's doing, I don't.
Old 16th August 2017, 11:01 AM   #116
Tommy Jeppesen
Illuminator

As a human with some idea of what he's doing, I don't.
He is still a human and yes, I don't agree with him, but that doesn't mean I wish him something bad.

You do get, that if the hate of right gets as massive on the left as it is on the right, the right has already won in a sense. They want hate to flourish.
Old 16th August 2017, 11:09 AM   #117
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Why do you think Kelly would go too ?

Surely as an honourable military man he would continue to serve the President until those services are no longer required - unless you're saying that the kind of White House climate which would see McMaster quitting or sacked would also result in Kelly being sacked.

I don't think Trump will mind one bit that there is a gulf between him and the RINO GOP. It will be up to the GOP to bridge that gap because Trump will likely be far happier being allowed to Tweet as he wishes and without the burden of GOP expectation regarding getting legislation through Congress (as opposed to simply issuing executive orders).
If you think America is dead as a democracy, just say so.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 16th August 2017, 11:39 AM   #118
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tommy Jeppesen View Post
He is still a human and yes, I don't agree with him, but that doesn't mean I wish him something bad.
Do you sincerely believe the world is more likely to become a better place with Bannon in the White House instead of the hospital?
Old 16th August 2017, 11:56 AM   #119
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Does the death of his Two Business Advisory councils count?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 16th August 2017, 11:57 AM   #120
d4m10n
Penultimate Amazing

Does the death of his Two Business Advisory councils count?
Only if they are corporations (people) my friend.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics