ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags New Zealand issues , New Zealand politics

Old 20th September 2015, 01:48 PM   #521
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Meanwhile, on the actual flag debate, the chances of a change - as I've said all along - is absolutely zero.

70% in favour of the status quo.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2015, 05:06 AM   #522
Samson
Philosopher

Meanwhile, 250 New Zealanders deported from Australia back home since January, 2 Australians deported back home from New Zealand in that time.

Deconstruct and show your work.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2015, 02:26 PM   #523
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Hardly relevant - how many Aussies move to NZ compared to vice versa?

Their policy is understandable, if completely inhumane, but the reason the numbers are so skewed is bleeding obvious. There are 750,000 Kiwis in Oz, and about 75 Australians in NZ.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2015, 06:21 PM   #524
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Just more outright lies by a National minister.

Nothing to see here....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11520398
Old 28th September 2015, 08:31 PM   #525
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Just more outright lies by a National minister.

Nothing to see here....

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11520398
Lol

Atheist shocked by issue brought up by every party and manipulating figures.

Breaking news. Every party has been doing it since the early 90s

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2015, 08:52 PM   #526
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Mate, did you miss this bit:

Nothing to see here....

I know it's not new news. Still news and just another for Anne Tolley, who is quickly replacing Collins as Key's Chief Woman of Spite.

Speaking of which, how's the makeover of Paula Bennett going? She's been very quiet lately.

My $1 bet is on him lining her up to succeed him when he retires in about 2020 after a 5th straight win. She'll be 52. There don't appear to be any other serious contenders since would-be Golden Boy Jamie-Lee Curtis Ross flopped after being given 3rd whip at age about 24.

Perfect.
Old 28th September 2015, 09:10 PM   #527
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Mate, did you miss this bit:

Nothing to see here....

I know it's not new news. Still news and just another for Anne Tolley, who is quickly replacing Collins as Key's Chief Woman of Spite.

Speaking of which, how's the makeover of Paula Bennett going? She's been very quiet lately.

My $1 bet is on him lining her up to succeed him when he retires in about 2020 after a 5th straight win. She'll be 52. There don't appear to be any other serious contenders since would-be Golden Boy Jamie-Lee Curtis Ross flopped after being given 3rd whip at age about 24.

Perfect.
Tend to agree. She probably got a group discount with Jacinda.

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2015, 12:05 AM   #528
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Just to follow in Graham Lowe's footsteps, and since I don't care about being un-PC...

I'd rather spend a day - and infinitely more so if it were a night - with Jacinda than Paula!

A man could get squashed! At least Jacinda is indeed "a pretty little thing".

I'm still laughing at people being upset about that. If you ask a 70 year old ex-league coach, what the hell do you think he's going to say?

They should have asked him about Paula. "She's be good in the front row, mate!"

Good bloke, Lowey.

(No women in this thread are there?)
Old 29th September 2015, 12:29 AM   #529
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Jacinda is a good chick, but she still has a habit of coming across too intense.

She makes good sense but loses it by looking slightly OTT

Old 29th September 2015, 03:31 PM   #530
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Wow. Peter Dunny grew a conscience. I might have to stop hating him as he delivers a withering burst at his coalition partner, National.

Ouch!

(Even Trump's hair is a poor second to Pete's)
Old 5th October 2015, 01:46 PM   #531
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Well the TPPA has been signed

Bit of a bummer about the dairy to the US and Canada, but everything else looks pretty awesome

Pharmac no changes
Old 5th October 2015, 03:09 PM   #532
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Awesome? Or average?

We weren't exactly lacking markets for dairy at any stage - the price is the problem. World demand is down.

Pharmac is good news, though. As long as it's true.
Old 5th October 2015, 05:45 PM   #533
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Better than not being in it.

Strange time for Little to chose to be away.
Old 5th October 2015, 10:59 PM   #534
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Well, it's not like he would know when it was going to be signed...
Old 5th October 2015, 11:33 PM   #535
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Well, it's not like he would know when it was going to be signed...
Phone interview

Old 6th October 2015, 01:18 AM   #536
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

He might figure there's little to comment on. So far, it looks like it was very much as expected, with intellectual property the winner and f/a else of import.
Old 6th October 2015, 01:31 AM   #537
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Fair call

Seems odd though

Old 9th October 2015, 10:35 AM   #538
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

What's that sound I hear?

Sounds like... a few pigeons coming home to roost as Chinese buyers dump Auckland and consequently sales fall through the floor. They're not talking numbers yet, since we're only a week into the new regulations, but sales for October will show a very steep drop, especially in light of years of double-digit inflation.

The interesting part of the story is that it seems having to identify themselves is the problem.

Why would a genuine, honest buyer not want to give their real name?

Suspicious as hell that loads of the houses have been bought with dirty money.
Old 9th October 2015, 10:19 PM   #539
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

It ain't the sound of the opposition leader.

But then there was the union merger to sort

Old 10th October 2015, 06:06 PM   #540
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Kiwi joke of the week.

On NZ Herald, I see the following advert for our defence force:

I know what the difference between NZ and other air forces are!

The other ones have planes.
Old 11th October 2015, 07:34 AM   #541
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Kiwi joke of the week.

On NZ Herald, I see the following advert for our defence force:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps5oko12py.jpg

I know what the difference between NZ and other air forces are!

The other ones have planes.
Now, tell the truth, the RNZAF have a very fine Boeing 757, plus a Beech King Air!
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2015, 11:24 AM   #542
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
Now, tell the truth, the RNZAF have a very fine Boeing 757, plus a Beech King Air!
Yes, our Air Force One!

They do actually have a few Orions for fisheries work as well.

Planes with guns is what they don't have - although I believe you can get a machine gun in the cockpit of the Beech King.
Old 12th October 2015, 05:45 AM   #543
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Yes, our Air Force One!

They do actually have a few Orions for fisheries work as well.

Planes with guns is what they don't have - although I believe you can get a machine gun in the cockpit of the Beech King.
I saw the RNZAF 757 at the Avalon Airshow a few years ago. Suffice to say sandwiched between F-15's and F/A 18's it was pretty unimpressive.

ETA: I am now imagining a bloke in a King Air going up against an Indonesian Sukhoi Su-30, and the image is hilarious. Funnily enough the Indonesians run both Sukhoi's and Lookheed Martin F-16's, a most unusual combination.
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.

Last edited by Damien Evans; 12th October 2015 at 05:48 AM.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2015, 11:39 AM   #544
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

I saw the RNZAF 757 at the Avalon Airshow a few years ago. Suffice to say sandwiched between F-15's and F/A 18's it was pretty unimpressive.

ETA: I am now imagining a bloke in a King Air going up against an Indonesian Sukhoi Su-30, and the image is hilarious. Funnily enough the Indonesians run both Sukhoi's and Lookheed Martin F-16's, a most unusual combination.
It's OK, they'd run out of fuel over Australia
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2015, 12:12 PM   #545
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Meh, they have no carriers, so couldn't attack us with planes anyway.

Our Navy is ready to step into the breach!

Oh, that's right, they can't get enough sailors into the navy to be able to sail half the ships.

Our secret weapon:

Old 12th October 2015, 02:08 PM   #546
Meed
boundless constraint

The texture of kiwi skins creeps me out. Just thinking about them makes me shudder.
Meed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2015, 03:16 PM   #547
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Wow, never heard that one before...
Old 27th October 2015, 03:05 PM   #548
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Your opinions are requested in an American-election thread :
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=299587
Old 11th November 2015, 06:35 PM   #549
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Combover Johnny, deciding his sexist work in Ponytailgate wasn't enough, has parlayed it with the rape card in the Christmas Island debate. Any publicity is good publicity, John.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11544254
Old 11th November 2015, 07:03 PM   #550
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Combover Johnny, deciding his sexist work in Ponytailgate wasn't enough, has parlayed it with the rape card in the Christmas Island debate. Any publicity is good publicity, John.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11544254
I realise they have had horrible experiences but

It was a staged political stunt.

I actually found them using it to score political points quite sad.

Old 11th November 2015, 07:23 PM   #551
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
I realise they have had horrible experiences but

It was a staged political stunt.

I actually found them using it to score political points quite sad.
No mate - that wasn't the issue. The issue was that filthy little combover piece of puke saying Labour was supporting rapists and child molesters.

The irony that many of the detainees have no record of violence or rape, and that one of them is a decorated soldier who acted as bodyguard to the worm himself is what makes the story.

The women would never have used their stories for political gain if Johnny Combover wasn't a disgusting, lying scumbag.
Old 11th November 2015, 07:35 PM   #552
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

I think he lost it after Kevin Davis started being such a wanker.

I agree it was a stupid thing to say though

Old 11th November 2015, 07:36 PM   #553
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

The soldier is a member of the Rebels and they are scum

Old 11th November 2015, 08:29 PM   #554
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

So, now we are judging people who haven't committed a crime. Yet.

I agree that most gang members are filth, but not all of them are. Since this bloke doesn't have a record and has been dumb enough to put his life on the line for Johnny Combover's grand plan in Afghanistan, I would've thought he deserved at least the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11th November 2015, 08:33 PM   #555
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

So, now we are judging people who haven't committed a crime. Yet.

I agree that most gang members are filth, but not all of them are. Since this bloke doesn't have a record and has been dumb enough to put his life on the line for Johnny Combover's grand plan in Afghanistan, I would've thought he deserved at least the benefit of the doubt.
Im not. Australia are

Old 11th November 2015, 10:34 PM   #556
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Could be some nasty business about to explode on the East Coast.

The Mongrel Mob car appears to have been pushed off the road.

In a BP-dominated area.

By a blue car.

Blue is a Power colour.

Hmmmm.

I can see this ending up really badly. Noted that the miracle survivor is staying schtum, which would also suggest a spot of Mob justice.

Tip: don't go on holiday near northern HB -> Wairoa anytime soon.
Old 11th November 2015, 10:40 PM   #557
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Could be some nasty business about to explode on the East Coast.

The Mongrel Mob car appears to have been pushed off the road.

In a BP-dominated area.

By a blue car.

Blue is a Power colour.

Hmmmm.

I can see this ending up really badly. Noted that the miracle survivor is staying schtum, which would also suggest a spot of Mob justice.

Tip: don't go on holiday near northern HB -> Wairoa anytime soon.
Saw that. Good luck finding who was driving it though.

Probably has dna from all of them

Old 11th November 2015, 10:41 PM   #558
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

And I agree with your tip.

Probably don't want to be in jail either

Old 6th December 2015, 11:57 PM   #559
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Collin's is back.

Wouldn't really want to be the bosses at Mt Eden

Last edited by cullennz; 7th December 2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 7th December 2015, 12:52 AM   #560
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Collin's is back.

Wouldn't really want to be the bosses at Mt Eden
They have no worries - they're all employed by Serco.

The government can't afford to kick them out, because they gutted Corrections to get Serco up and running, and short of unlocking the entire joint one night Serco will not be fired, no matter what happens.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics