ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags New Zealand issues , New Zealand politics

Old 13th June 2016, 08:55 PM   #641
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

And NZ now holds the record for dumbest crooks of all time - three guys caught with almost half a billion bucks worth or crystal methaphetamine.

Larry, Curly & Moe may have been involved:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11656081

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11656232
Old 13th June 2016, 09:09 PM   #642
gypsyjackson
Critical Thinker

More than 1000 dollars per gram? How can people afford this?
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 09:14 PM   #643
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
More than 1000 dollars per gram? How can people afford this?
Theft, prostitution, high wages - can be lots of ways they pay for it.
Old 13th June 2016, 09:20 PM   #644
Jules Galen
Banned

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post

Nope. Someone is doing Dumb-Dumb math. It doesn't add up.
Jules Galen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 09:28 PM   #645
gypsyjackson
Critical Thinker

I'll change my question - I heard that coke was about $300 a gram in NZ, which seems really high anyway. Is this meth 3x as good as coke?

ETA: I'd imagine etc.

Last edited by gypsyjackson; 13th June 2016 at 09:30 PM.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 09:31 PM   #646
Jules Galen
Banned

I'll change my question - I heard that coke was about $300 a gram in NZ, which seems really high anyway. Is this meth 3x as good as coke?
Again...somebody did some bad math,

Let it be,

Please.
Jules Galen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 09:34 PM   #647
gypsyjackson
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Jules Galen View Post
Again...somebody did some bad math,

Let it be,

Please.
It appears not. 0.1g sells for about 100 NZD.

http://www.drugscene.co.nz/drugscene...etamine-P.html

Wow.
Old 13th June 2016, 09:37 PM   #648
Jules Galen
Banned

http://www.drugscene.co.nz/drugscene...etamine-P.html

Wow.
Bad Math.

Deal.

(and learn how to do math!)
Old 13th June 2016, 10:49 PM   #649
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

These three will just be cannon fodder.

There will be some very angry people waiting for them to go to jail
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.102 , Jul 2, 2000
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 11:23 PM   #650
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Tana Pora is getting 2 and a bit mill apparently
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 11:24 PM   #651
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jules Galen View Post
Bad Math.

Deal.

(and learn how to do math!)
How is it bad math?

Quote:
A point normally contains anywhere from 1/10th to 1/30th of a gram and usually costs $100. Points are also known as "Dots", "P's" or "Spot bags".
0.1g is a tenth of a gram. 10 x $100 = $1,000 per gram

Quote:
One gram of "pure" meth currently costs anywhere from $600 to $1200. P usually costs from $600 to $1000 per gram and Ice costs from $800 to $1200.
This would agree,

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th June 2016, 11:26 PM   #652
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

They have found more. 494 kg

Obviously it was half a ton

Old 13th June 2016, 11:31 PM   #653
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

And NZ now holds the record for dumbest crooks of all time - three guys caught with almost half a billion bucks worth or crystal methaphetamine.

Larry, Curly & Moe may have been involved:
The trouble seems to be that two of them weren't born, and the other wasn't old enough to recall the Rainbow Warrior.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th June 2016, 12:27 AM   #654
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

ETA: I'd imagine etc.
Only a third as good, in fact.

That is correct - a universal "point bag". I'd say it's good for 8-10 hits.

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
The trouble seems to be that two of them weren't born, and the other wasn't old enough to recall the Rainbow Warrior.
Just unreal, and as Cully noted, they've found even more.

I hope one of them sings so we can find out what the hell went on here.
Old 14th June 2016, 12:30 AM   #655
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

And Winston Peters pulls a Trump:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ax-immigration
Old 14th June 2016, 12:42 AM   #656
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

And Winston Peters pulls a Trump:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ax-immigration
He's losing his touch.

Old 16th June 2016, 09:00 PM   #657
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Uh, yeah... about gun security in New Zealand.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11658474
Old 16th June 2016, 09:23 PM   #658
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Quote:
regrettable
Lol

At least they are giving it the seriousness it deserves

Old 16th June 2016, 11:22 PM   #659
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Goes to show you how smart our cops are. I bet whoever saw it in the bog had kittens.
Old 16th June 2016, 11:27 PM   #660
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Goes to show you how smart our cops are. I bet whoever saw it in the bog had kittens.
Could have easily been a kid on one of their tours.

I see they conveniently announce it on a late Friday afternoon

Old 20th June 2016, 06:41 PM   #661
Samson
Philosopher

The New Zealand political landscape has changed fast and furiously

Roy Morgan poll June 2016
JUNE 20, 2016
Polling Company: Roy Morgan Research

Subsciber to NZ Political Polling Code: No

Poll Method: Random Phone

Poll Size: 868 of whom 820 have a party preference

Undecideds: 5.5%

Dates: early June to 12 June 2016

Client: Self Published

Report: Roy Morgan

Party Support

National 43.0% (-2.5%)
Labour 28.0% (-1.5%)
Green 14.5% (+2.5%)
NZ First 9.0% (-0.5%)
Maori 2.0% (+1.0%)
United Future 0.0% (nc)
ACT 0.5% (-0.5%)
Mana/Internet 1.0% (+1.0%)
Conservative 1.0% (+0.5%)

http://www.curia.co.nz/2016/06/roy-m...oll-june-2016/

I will see if anyone agrees with what I am thinking to myself.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2016, 09:39 PM   #662
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Mana

Lol

The Labgreens will always need Winston and Winston will go independent or with the Nats of needed.

He would never work under a Green DPM and the Nats will just promise a cushy job like foreign minister and retirement at some beautiful foreign embassy

Old 20th June 2016, 10:29 PM   #663
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
Mana

Lol

The Labgreens will always need Winston and Winston will go independent or with the Nats of needed.

He would never work under a Green DPM and the Nats will just promise a cushy job like foreign minister and retirement at some beautiful foreign embassy
At this stage in the cycle we are seeing a dead heat. Essentially this is new.
My suggestion is that a coalition that delivers a meaningful lifestyle in Auckland city for large groupings like teachers and nurses will govern. I don't see national being part of this.
There is growing contempt for the extreme lies being told about where the money is coming from that is inflating vital workforce sectors out of their traditional communities.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2016, 10:37 PM   #664
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Yeah, but you get Little as PM. A union elected plant, who spends half his time backtracking

And the Greens who are just scarey

Old 21st June 2016, 02:11 PM   #665
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Poll Method: Random Phone
Worse than useless c. 2016.

People with a home phone conform to a pattern that doesn't reflect reality, so I'd treat it like all phone surveys - by completely ignoring it.

Yeah, but you get Little as PM. A union elected plant, who spends half his time backtracking
I have to confess to being terribly disappointed in Andy - that makes three duds in a row in charge.

I sent a letter to all Labour MPs a couple of months ago telling them that unless they drop Little and replace him with Nash & Ardern and Leader & Deputy, they can look forward to three more years on the wrong side of the House.

They have no chance of winning. Key will coast to victory again.

Despicable little snot that he is, I can't help but admire his political nous. I bet Rob Muldoon was his role model as a kid.

Mine was Norm Kirk.

And the Greens who are just scarey
No mate, you have this all arse-about-face.

Labour is impotent. If they were a bloke they'd be some eunuch from a harem - no danger to anyone, a harmless, obese sloth of a person: sexless, boring, unmotivated.

The Greens, on the other hand, would be a toddler with superpowers. Does not understand right and wrong, but capable of breaking every toy in the house in 10 seconds when having one of its frequent tantrums at the world not behaving as it wants.

While I hate National with a passion, I'd rather have 1000 years of National rule than 2 minutes of the Greens. They are dangerous through wilful ignorance - the white equivalent of a mad jihadi **** with an AK47.
Old 8th July 2016, 04:22 PM   #666
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Another world #1 placing for NZ - the highest rate of SUDI in the developed world!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11670826

I do love the fact that the problem of moron parents smothering their parents is everyone's fault but the said morons.
Old 4th August 2016, 06:51 PM   #667
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

If you're not a Kiwi, you might not realise what's so funny about this:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11687482
Old 16th September 2016, 01:12 AM   #668
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Far out man.

Colin Craig walks like Jaja Binks and had to be one of the sleaziest dudes known to man, but I'm beginning to think the chick is a nutbar as well

Old 16th September 2016, 12:21 PM   #669
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

She probably is, but he abused his position and is a plain filthy little creep.

I don't like his chances politically from here on, however the trail turns out.
Old 16th September 2016, 03:57 PM   #670
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

She probably is, but he abused his position and is a plain filthy little creep.

I don't like his chances politically from here on, however the trail turns out.
He's pushing it for chances mentally.

One weirdo puppy

Old 16th September 2016, 06:01 PM   #671
Samson
Philosopher

Far out man.

Colin Craig walks like Jaja Binks and had to be one of the sleaziest dudes known to man, but I'm beginning to think the chick is a nutbar as well
I believe Craig about the plane conversation four days earlier. MacGregor looks to be another woman after the cash and turned on him when it eluded her grasp.
Not uncommon.
Old 16th September 2016, 06:08 PM   #672
Samson
Philosopher

In fact my guess is she didn't imagine him turning her down, at that stage she was more glamorous than his wife.
She had enough to go sexual harrassment and conveniently forget that hushed conversation. She expected him to settle for cash before either reputation was dragged through the gutter.
It all reeks of gold prospecting by that reprehensible bimbo.
Old 16th September 2016, 07:47 PM   #673
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

It all reeks of gold prospecting by that reprehensible bimbo.
That's your opinion; mine is more "Sleazy scumbag geek with no life, the attractiveness of a rotten apple and an ugly wife fancies his chances out of his league and abuses his position to try to get a piece of nubile young blonde."

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
Old 16th September 2016, 07:51 PM   #674
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

That's your opinion; mine is more "Sleazy scumbag geek with no life, the attractiveness of a rotten apple and an ugly wife fancies his chances out of his league and abuses his position to try to get a piece of nubile young blonde."

Tbf the chick admitted letting him fall asleep with his head in her lap and couldn't remember whether she was singing a lullaby

Old 16th September 2016, 08:05 PM   #675
Samson
Philosopher

Sadly it's the best simulation of a political scandal we can cook up, slim pickings, but fun nevertheless.
Old 16th September 2016, 08:33 PM   #676
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Sadly it's the best simulation of a political scandal we can cook up, slim pickings, but fun nevertheless.
Up there with leg over Len

Old 16th September 2016, 09:25 PM   #677
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Up there with leg over Len
Funnily enough, his sexual peccadilloes are the most minor mistakes he made.

If only that damned nurse hadn't been in the audience when he had a heart attack...
Old 16th September 2016, 11:00 PM   #678
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Funnily enough, his sexual peccadilloes are the most minor mistakes he made.

If only that damned nurse hadn't been in the audience when he had a heart attack...
He got his train set legacy.............for AT LEAST an extra billion dollars

Last edited by cullennz; 16th September 2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 18th September 2016, 03:56 AM   #679
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

For the uninitiated: why NZ is a little bit different to other places on the planet.

1 Things that are crimes elsewhere - and serious crimes at that - are often not even seen as crimes here. Assaulting a Cabinet Minister, for instance.

2 As prostitution is legal, brothels and charities can work together, with a brothel holding an open day to help a kids' charity in Hawera.

3 We're so protective of international visitors that we won't allow actual New Zealanders anywhere near them, with Kiwis not even allowed to stay in lodges in their own country.

4 Our Prime Minister goes around pulling girls' ponytails.

5 The whole country is a toilet!
I guess that's all I need to know.

What I don't like about NZ is its system of government. Whoever controls the HoR can make any law they like and nobody can do anything about it.

At least Australia has an upper house (Senate) and a High Court that can determine if a proposed law is constitutional. However, NZ doesn't even have a constitution! At least, it has nothing that can't be overturned by a simple parliamentary majority.
Old 18th September 2016, 04:12 AM   #680
cullennz
Embarrasingly illiterate

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
I guess that's all I need to know.

What I don't like about NZ is its system of government. Whoever controls the HoR can make any law they like and nobody can do anything about it.

At least Australia has an upper house (Senate) and a High Court that can determine if a proposed law is constitutional. However, NZ doesn't even have a constitution! At least, it has nothing that can't be overturned by a simple parliamentary majority.
Fair call. But with most changes they need 2 or 3 other party's.

I'd imagine a Senate whose majority was the opposite of the govt would mean nothing happens

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics