IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cit , craig ranke , lloyd england

Old 13th March 2021, 09:45 PM   #1961
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Ergo, right?
That was my guess but I wasn't sure - he had quite a lengthy reign as undisputed King Troll.
2012, 2013ish I'd say.
Tried the Search function?
No - I was just musing and trying to remember.
ETA:
Ooofffff!!! Goes back to November 2010! (I don't know though when we began to change our avatars, that could well have been more than a year later)
Wow!! I'm older than I thought I was. I'm not much into recording events and memory is a bit sus. 2010 was a bit significant in my posting history. I had always declined to rely on authorities - didn't like the game playing swapping objectives between "explain what happened" and "did NIST (or Bazant) explain it correctly". Then in Aug. 2010 a couple of members persuaded me to comment on the limitations of Bazant's works. Mmmm - let's say life got a bit interesting. Still is on that topic.

Last edited by ozeco41; 13th March 2021 at 09:47 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2021, 01:32 PM   #1962
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by The Common Potato View Post
I did seek out and locate the 4' 3" rebar thread a while ago, though.
Oh, you glutton for punishment, you!

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Sorry, I'm not aware of that claim.

One of the best things about the ending of support for Flash is that I don't have to try to replicate your new avatar in comic form!

BananaMan was so much easier!
Old 14th March 2021, 11:20 PM   #1963
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

God damn, I missed a Gravy post? I need to visit here more often.

A Gravy sighting is akin to learning that KC of KC and the Sunshine Band has re-emerged.

Now if I can just get an R.Mackey sighting, my year will be made.
Old 17th March 2021, 06:56 AM   #1964
MicahJava
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Sorry, I'm not aware of that claim.
I first heard about this "engineer" when I saw one of your Hardfire debates, and then I saw him mentioned in quotes listed on your wtc7lies page. This reddit post summarizes the problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/911truth/co...e_firefighters
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2021, 09:22 AM   #1965
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
I first heard about this "engineer" when I saw one of your Hardfire debates, and then I saw him mentioned in quotes listed on your wtc7lies page. This reddit post summarizes the problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/911truth/co...e_firefighters
Even if this story is true, there is no conspiracy in an engineer, presumably structural, indicating that the massively damaged WTC7 with fires raging out of control would collapse. Look at the FD orders to abandon the building when firefighters heard the structure moving. That only shows the loss of structural strength and it collapsed, DUH.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2021, 10:35 AM   #1966
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
Seems to me that Hayden's recollection has changed over time, and that, as people do, he's "remembered" things that didn't exactly happen the way he remembers them. Initially it seems he said that firefighters were concerned at the state of WTC7 and felt that it might collapse, and that in fact it did so several hours later. At some point he seems to have added the recollection of talking to an engineer about it, which may or may not be true; he probably talked to a lot of people about it and talked to engineers about it at other times. He then seems to have conflated his earlier comments that the collapse was feared, and occurred some hours later, with the recollection of talking to an engineer, and assembled them into a possibly false memory of that engineer giving a strikingly accurate prediction of when the collapse occurred. This is all perfectly commonplace stuff; memory is imperfect and subject to subsequent modification, which is why eyewitness testimony is prone to errors, particularly when recorded long after the event.

But none of this is what MicahJava wants to hear, so it won't be heard.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2021, 10:39 AM   #1967
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Seems to me that Hayden's recollection has changed over time, and that, as people do, he's "remembered" things that didn't exactly happen the way he remembers them. Initially it seems he said that firefighters were concerned at the state of WTC7 and felt that it might collapse, and that in fact it did so several hours later. At some point he seems to have added the recollection of talking to an engineer about it, which may or may not be true; he probably talked to a lot of people about it and talked to engineers about it at other times. He then seems to have conflated his earlier comments that the collapse was feared, and occurred some hours later, with the recollection of talking to an engineer, and assembled them into a possibly false memory of that engineer giving a strikingly accurate prediction of when the collapse occurred. This is all perfectly commonplace stuff; memory is imperfect and subject to subsequent modification, which is why eyewitness testimony is prone to errors, particularly when recorded long after the event.

But none of this is what MicahJava wants to hear, so it won't be heard.

Dave
Exactly, and what ruby, I believe understands, but completely ignores those changes just sticking with the narrative that support her conspiracy belief.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories