ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags islam , koran

Old 24th February 2019, 07:18 PM   #1121
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Go to bed. You’re drunk posting again.
I don't think he is. I think he really believes this crap. The world has a "roof"? FFS.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 08:06 PM   #1122
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I don't think he is. I think he really believes this crap. The world has a "roof"? FFS.
The linked article talks about the atmosphere protecting us from x-rays and meteors, and the magnetosphere protecting us from solar particle radiation. He seems to be trying to say that the Qur'an predicted all these things by characterizing the "sky" (a nice nebulous term) as a strong roof.

But of course the Qur'an just badly regurgitates the Genesis creation myth in which the sky is characterized as a "firmament," (sometimes also translated "dome"). And yes, the only purpose of either of these passages is to claim that the sky is a literal dome with the stars stuck to it. When the Qur'an (or the Torah, for that matter) says "a strong roof," it has for all time meant a literal roof. But now we have people like Emre try frantically to connect a newly-applied metaphorical interpretation to modern understanding. Yes, that must be what they meant all along -- miracle!
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 05:58 AM   #1123
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
WELL PROTECTED ROOF

32- And We made the sky a well protected roof.
Still they turn away from its signs.
(21- The Prophets, 32)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...rotected-roof/
As James Bond might say:

"The roof is not enough.'
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2019, 06:17 AM   #1124
halleyscomet
Philosopher

WELL PROTECTED ROOF

32- And We made the sky a well protected roof.

Still they turn away from its signs.

(21- The Prophets, 32)

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/03...rotected-roof/

You should look into the work of Dr. Mills and Hydrinos. I think you’ll find a LOT of commonalities between the Koran and his research.

http://www.brettholverstott.com/anno...unified-theory
Old 26th February 2019, 06:16 AM   #1125
steenkh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
It's not even well protected given impact extinctions.
Actually, it is quite well-protected. It is extremely difficult for humanity to destroy the universe.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 08:55 AM   #1126
jond
Illuminator

The paper holds their folded faces to the floor,
And every day the paper boy brings more.
jond is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 09:10 AM   #1127
sackett
Philosopher

Eccentric posters here almost always pile up long threads, heroically long in some cases. (Hope it's not bad luck to mention kumar or jabba. I'll omit capitalization and maybe that'll cancel any curse.) I think that's for a good reason: there are so few of them, and everybody gets in line to take a poke at their daffy down dillies. That's healthy. That's what fora should be about.

The only drawback is that most of us get bored long before they do.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 04:20 PM   #1128
Emre_1974tr
Muse

A part from my Turkish article (with Google translate):

As I said, the evidence of desire shows that the life of the Hereafter is also present. Let's just say:

1- We see that the natural and healthy desires of the people generally correspond (for example, the existence / presence of water as a response to the desire for drinking water, etc.).

2- Almost no one wants to stay / wait for thousands or millions of years to disappear, even if there is a break, he wants to continue his life as soon as possible, especially if he wants to get to life immediately.

3- In this context, at least one of the servants who deserve to be created in paradise without ever waiting for their eternal life began. (and therefore there is a place / places where this happens).

Besides, according to the evidence of desire, the blessings desired by the people are usually created from the beginning. From this point of view, according to the evidence of desire, it is more logical to think that heaven already exists, not in the future.

In addition, this point of view presents another proof that the blessings of the blessings of the world are in Paradise.

http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/2016/...revrenler.html
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 05:41 PM   #1129
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

A part from my Turkish article...
A number of responses have been posted to the various points you've raised over the past couple of days. Since you have completely ignored them and moved on to another topic, I assume your only interest here now is spamming the forum with fringe Islamic nonsense.

You deserve no further attention.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 06:24 PM   #1130
wollery
Protected by Samurai Hedgehogs!

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
A number of responses have been posted to the various points you've raised over the past couple of days. Since you have completely ignored them and moved on to another topic, I assume your only interest here now is spamming the forum with fringe Islamic nonsense.

You deserve no further attention.
Didn't deserve any attention to start with.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin
wollery is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 06:46 PM   #1131
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Turkish kittens
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2019, 08:50 PM   #1132
sackett
Philosopher

OMG! That Turkish Van kittee with the odd eyes is the very clone of my smouldering little beauty Itsy! Squeeeee! I'M MELTING! ♡♡♡♡♡

Okay, I've now converted to Imreism, the Thinking Man's Islamism. Yawa illah Ullah Oolah wallah al illya hooboy ililililalalahh!

On the front stoop.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 05:54 PM   #1133
Emre_1974tr
Muse

(Quran 24.40) Or like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, overwhelmed with waves topped by waves, topped by clouds: depths of darkness, one above another: if a man stretches out his hand, he will not see it! If Allah does not give light to a person he will not have light!

http://www.miracles-of-quran.com/internal_waves.htm
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 06:30 PM   #1134
halleyscomet
Philosopher

(Quran 24.40) Or like the depths of darkness in a vast deep ocean, overwhelmed with waves topped by waves, topped by clouds: depths of darkness, one above another: if a man stretches out his hand, he will not see it! If Allah does not give light to a person he will not have light!

http://www.miracles-of-quran.com/internal_waves.htm

https://youtu.be/gkBPxfJTjK8
Old 27th February 2019, 06:47 PM   #1135
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2019, 05:47 AM   #1136
steenkh
Philosopher

Is this pure empty nonsense supposed to convert us to your religion?

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2019, 06:49 AM   #1137
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
Is this pure empty nonsense supposed to convert us to your religion?
It's almost surely meant to convert us to the notion that Emre is a very learned imam who deserves our respect and admiration. He considers disagreement with him and pointing out his mistakes tantamount to personally attacking him.
Old 1st March 2019, 07:04 AM   #1138
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Sure, because quantum electrodynamics is the parking lot for all kinds of spurious claims of the supernatural. If anything is alleged to be supernatural, QM somehow magically makes it also science.
Which is ironic, seeing how rock-solid that field of science is.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2019, 07:51 PM   #1139
Emre_1974tr
Muse

[Quran 15:22] And We sent the seeding winds, then cause the rain to descend from the sky, and gave you water to drink, though you are not the guardians of its stores.

http://www.miracles-of-quran.com/cloud_seeding.htm
Old 3rd March 2019, 08:16 AM   #1140
Little 10 Toes
Graduate Poster

Not according to my version of the online quran.

https://quran.com/15/21-31
Quote:
And We have sent the fertilizing winds and sent down water from the sky and given you drink from it. And you are not its retainers.
Fertilizing is not the same as seeding.

If we are to believe the Quran exactly, then please explain this:
Quote:
And We did certainly create man out of clay from an altered black mud.
(Same page)
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2019, 09:59 AM   #1141
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

[Quran 15:22]...seeding winds...

http://www.miracles-of-quran.com/cloud_seeding.htm
Not the same meanings of "seeding."
Old 3rd March 2019, 03:45 PM   #1142
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Not according to my version of the online

If we are to believe the Quran exactly, then please explain this:

(Same page)
English translations are insufficient.

And other answer:

http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/10...ust-and-water/
Old 3rd March 2019, 04:05 PM   #1143
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Yet another "bending of nebulous words" to make them fit your chosen fairy-tale.
Old 3rd March 2019, 05:19 PM   #1144
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

English translations are insufficient.
Your argument relies upon two connotations of the English word "seed." Your objection is irrelevant.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy