ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , infowars

Old 11th March 2020, 09:10 AM   #401
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Leave Britney alone!
Old 12th March 2020, 05:40 AM   #402
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
Similar to the silver-based virus cure that Jim Bakker had shut down recently?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/abcn...3fid=69472032Y

Yes. As of March 10, he was still pimping nano silver toothpaste as killing the coronavirus as claimed by the Pentagon allegedly. As if we can all use toothpaste to not get coronavirus. He’s going to get in trouble beyond all his other troubles
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2020, 06:53 AM   #403
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
How do I end up defending Alex Jones? Posts like that.

I have no reason to like Alex. At one point he claimed (on air) that James B and I were working in the basement of the Pentagon, trying to undermine the 9-11 Truth Movement.

But I don't mind saying that he was fully within his rights to say that. Yes it is untrue, but not so obviously untrue that he could determine the truth.

BTW, I did experience some mild harassment on the phone (listed number back in the day).

Let me be clear here; I have no opposition to him getting sued in civil court for his many torts. I hope that the plaintiffs get all the money he has.

But nobody should serve time for being an idiot, not even Alex
When extreme idiocy causes serious harm, we call it negligence. Are you trying to say that all laws that address negligence should be struck down?
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2020, 12:29 PM   #404
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Yes. As of March 10, he was still pimping nano silver toothpaste as killing the coronavirus as claimed by the Pentagon allegedly. As if we can all use toothpaste to not get coronavirus. He’s going to get in trouble beyond all his other troubles
So Alex is ripping off Jude Law in "Contagion"?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2020, 04:50 PM   #405
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

New York Attoney General tell Alex Jones to stop peddling his snake oil:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/ny-a...rus-cures.html

Karma is catching up with Jones..finally.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2020, 10:30 AM   #406
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
So Alex is ripping off Jude Law in "Contagion"?

I'd bet large amounts of money that Jude's character was based on Alex Jones. AJ has been peddling this **** for years.
Old 13th March 2020, 03:49 PM   #407
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
New York Attoney General tell Alex Jones to stop peddling his snake oil:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/ny-a...rus-cures.html

Karma is catching up with Jones..finally.

And a little more karma...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dai...-kids-DWI.html
Athyrio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 07:16 PM   #408
Marcus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I'm not surprised. He allegedly hadn't been drinking for a while and seemed to start up again recently, sometimes during the show. His non-CPAC event in DC featured him drunkenly running up on stage and grabbing the mike from other speakers. He ended up not giving his closing speech as the other speaker said that "Alex has gone to bed." He's not well.

Also - he shaved his head last week. I can only find a link from his odious website, so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

https://www.prisonplanet.com/video-alex-jones-shaves-head-says-hes-in-war-mode.html
This all pretty amusing. It makes me think that Alex has graduated from his usual mo of pretending to be crazy to actually being crazy.
Marcus is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2020, 03:08 PM   #409
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Alex Jones loses yet another preliminary appeal in Sandy Hook lawsuit, adds tens of thousands more in fees to his tab

Quote:
Jones’ most recent appeal to dismiss Heslin’s lawsuit was found to be “frivolous,” the court ruled Wednesday. Jones was ordered to pay $22,250 in attorney fees.

Jones was also ordered to pay approximately $25,000 in October after a court sanctioned him. And in December, he was ordered to pay $100,000 in legal fees after a Texas judge ruled his defense team “intentionally disregarded” an earlier order to produce witnesses.

Attorney Mark Bankston, who is representing Heslin and other families suing Jones, told HuffPost in a statement that the latest victory for his client spells the end for Jones.

“It is rare to see a legal defense so incompetent and disrespectful to the rule of law that it causes a defendant to rack up $150,000 in fines during preliminary motions before even reaching trial,” Bankston said. “These fines are only the beginning. A far greater reckoning awaits Mr. Jones.”
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2020, 03:13 PM   #410
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Alex Jones has mad e anew bunch of fans: a lot of lawyers.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 26th March 2020, 03:22 PM   #411
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Has he actually paid anyone? I bet he hasn't.
Old 26th March 2020, 05:08 PM   #412
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

At some point, Jones has to realize his options are settling, or losing in court, right?

Come on AJ, just settle and be done with it. It will be far easier to spin a settlement than an outright loss.
Old 26th March 2020, 05:24 PM   #413
SuburbanTurkey
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
At some point, Jones has to realize his options are settling, or losing in court, right?

Come on AJ, just settle and be done with it. It will be far easier to spin a settlement than an outright loss.
I'm not so sure. Jones is a villain for sure, but this lawsuit seems to be an edge case. The 1A umbrella is very broad for journalists, even extremely reckless ones like Jones. This is an uphill climb for our plaintiffs.

If he loses this case, it will be an interesting precedent for sure.
Old 26th March 2020, 07:23 PM   #414
carlitos
"más divertido"

He was on his way to the poorhouse until this pandemic spiked his dried food and colloidal silver sales. Now all of that money can go to pay legal fees.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2020, 09:24 PM   #415
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

Whichever course of action brings Jones closest to drowning himself in his toilet is the one I advice.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2020, 01:32 PM   #416
eerok
Quixoticist

Infowars app turfed from Google store for bogus coronovirus claims:

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...avirus-claims/
Old 30th March 2020, 03:40 PM   #417
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Whichever course of action brings Jones closest to drowning himself in his toilet is the one I advice.
Can I take a dump in it first?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories