ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 14th March 2020, 01:11 AM   #2281
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

This one counts as a White House staffer:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...virus-comments

Fox's Trish Regan is sent to the room to think about what she's done.
Old 14th March 2020, 01:16 AM   #2282
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

I don't get it... She made comments equating coronavirus with impeachment... Why would they suspend her for that? That seems in line with comments made by trump and supporters.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 01:44 AM   #2283
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I don't get it... She made comments equating coronavirus with impeachment... Why would they suspend her for that? That seems in line with comments made by trump and supporters.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
Virus = Impeachment = Hoax

I think FoX lawyers are starting to get worried that they can get sued for causing harm for deliberately spreading misinformation despite knowing the facts.
Old 14th March 2020, 08:21 AM   #2284
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

That's paywalled, here's one at Bloomberg. Looks like she wanted to amplify Trump's original "fake news hoax" reaction but left it a little too late.
Old 14th March 2020, 10:41 AM   #2285
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
I don't get it... She made comments equating coronavirus with impeachment... Why would they suspend her for that? That seems in line with comments made by trump ....
Fox Business is fairly independent compared to mainstream Fox News. From what I've seen, though I haven't seen that much. They slammed Trump over Helsinki.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 10:46 AM   #2286
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
That's paywalled, here's one at Bloomberg. Looks like she wanted to amplify Trump's original "fake news hoax" reaction but left it a little too late.
The LA Times one came up for me.

"Coronavirus Impeachment Scam" is just nonsensical. I wonder if what she said would have been OK without that highly misleading graphic.

ETA: Real businesspeople need real business news, even if they are personally conservative. So I think Fox Business distances itself somewhat from Fox News. Different niche.

Last edited by Minoosh; 14th March 2020 at 10:50 AM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 11:21 AM   #2287
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Should we add Mnuchin to the risk list?

Unlikely pair of Pelosi and Mnuchin join forces as Washington’s crisis negotiators

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 11:38 AM   #2288
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post

ETA: Real businesspeople need real business news, even if they are personally conservative. So I think Fox Business distances itself somewhat from Fox News. Different niche.
Check out Lou Dobbs. He's a racist POS.
Old 14th March 2020, 11:45 AM   #2289
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

I haven't been able to stand him for 15 years.
Old 14th March 2020, 02:44 PM   #2290
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Name a Trump associaste who isn't.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 02:46 PM   #2291
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
No;If Trump Mnuchen that will cause market crash worse then anything we have see so for.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2020, 03:14 PM   #2292
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
No...
There is a slim but nonzero chance that sacking that particular douchenozzle could somehow compare to the cascade of significant negative demand shocks we've already priced in.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2020, 02:08 AM   #2293
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Name a Trump associaste who isn't.....
Ben Carson but he replaces it with self-loathing.
Old 21st March 2020, 10:21 AM   #2294
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

My wife just texted me about Carson coughing into his hand and touching the podium. He's a doctor.
Old 21st March 2020, 10:37 AM   #2295
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Ben Carson but he replaces it with self-loathing.
If 'Uncle Tom" had a photo in the dictionary.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 24th March 2020, 09:32 AM   #2296
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

What are the diminishing odds we'll see Fauci in the daily briefing ever again?
Old 24th March 2020, 11:32 AM   #2297
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
And has he signed an NDA?
Old 24th March 2020, 01:56 PM   #2298
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Read this interview with him and weep

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...facts-pandemic

He certainly seems to be trying to make the best of a bad job
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2020, 02:07 PM   #2299
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

And has he signed an NDA?
NDA or no NDA, I'll bet he is the sort that if Trump fires him, he won't hesitate to go on the talk shows and say, "The man is an idiot." That isn't covered by any NDA.

I could be wrong, though, but I predict he won't be fired. I predict he will be shoved into a corner and ignored.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2020, 02:07 AM   #2300
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-...cid=spartanntp

And Dr. Fauci is ******. Of course if we lose him, so are we.
Old 27th March 2020, 03:00 PM   #2301
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

aaand.... Trish Reagan is gone from Fox.
Seems like the Dem's Hoax got her.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics