IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , vaccination

View Poll Results: Have you been vaccinated?
Yes, I am fully vaccinated. 158 85.41%
I have received 1 vaccination shot 17 9.19%
No, I intend to but haven't got around to it. 3 1.62%
No, There are personal medical reasons that I should not receive the vaccine 1 0.54%
No, COVID is a hoax. The vaccine is part of some Communist plot. 4 2.16%
No, God will protect me. You cannot trust science. 2 1.08%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th September 2021, 07:48 PM   #561
Delphic Oracle
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
The first time I went to the pharmacy, for my first shot, in and out, 15 minutes.

I am in a rural area, not a million choices, and I'm not going to drive 35+ miles for a shot.

My whole point was, the system is flawed, and not making it easy to get vaccinated. And this is a large chain, CVS. But, somehow, people want to find every way to discredit my account.

I have my shots, finally. But, imo, this process should be made as easy as possible. You shouldn't have to know how to take pics and upload them online, you shouldn't have a situation where you lose your data because someone else took the time slot, you shouldn't have to register after 11 pm.

I want everyone to get a shot, and I am just relaying my experience.
There were some inconveniences along the way to being given potentially life saving medicine at no cost to you.

#thisisamerica
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 07:50 PM   #562
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The first time I went to the pharmacy, for my first shot, in and out, 15 minutes.

I am in a rural area, not a million choices, and I'm not going to drive 35+ miles for a shot.

My whole point was, the system is flawed, and not making it easy to get vaccinated. And this is a large chain, CVS. But, somehow, people want to find every way to discredit my account.

I have my shots, finally. But, imo, this process should be made as easy as possible. You shouldn't have to know how to take pics and upload them online, you shouldn't have a situation where you lose your data because someone else took the time slot, you shouldn't have to register after 11 pm.

I want everyone to get a shot, and I am just relaying my experience.
So you're claiming there isn't another pharmacy, dr. office, clinic within 35+ miles? I find that extremely hard to believe.

And you don't have to upload your insurance card because the vaccine is free. Just present it when you get your shot.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 18th September 2021 at 08:04 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 07:53 PM   #563
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
So you're claiming there isn't another pharmacy, dr. office, clinic within 35+ miles? I find that extremely hard to believe.
My Doctors office, 45 miles away, does not do vaccines. Why are you so hell-bent on discrediting my experience with my nearest pharmacy, which is part of large chain? Do you not understand what "rural" means?

Lord.

Last edited by Warp12; 18th September 2021 at 07:58 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 08:04 PM   #564
Fidelio
Muse

Why the hell does anyone even respond to this creature? It's screamingly obvious it's Darat's sock puppet to boost participation.

Last edited by Fidelio; 18th September 2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: edit to add .
Fidelio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 08:06 PM   #565
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Fidelio View Post
Why the hell does anyone even respond to this creature? It's screamingly obvious it's Darat's sock puppet to boost participation.
I highly doubt that Stacy is Darat's "sock puppet".
Old 18th September 2021, 08:42 PM   #566
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Whoa!

An 85% in the poll.

What country is this forum in?
The poll was made in the US Politics subforum, but I, for one, have answered it and I'm not in the US.

Might be worth someone starting one that says it's only for Americans, or for everyone.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 11:40 PM   #567
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Online process required to get an appointment.

Must input pictures of insurance cards. Like this must be so intuitive for most people?

At best appointments are 3 days out, at random times.

If you register, and someone else grabs your chosen time slot during the process, you get error messages and lose all data. Must start again, without any idea of why.

Walk-in, rejected, and told not possible.

And, best part...pharmacy person acknowledges that I was mislead about no walk-ins. Then told, even if I did, 1 hour wait.

Pharmacy acknowledges that the online appointment system is bad, and suggests that if people want to book an appointment, that they try after 11 pm at night, to start.

Those are the basics. Geeze.
Where in the US are you?

I got an appointment the next day but walk-ins were also welcome. They asked for insurance when I registered and I said, "I thought you didn't need insurance." The clerk said, "Yes, that's fine." I'm 68 and she didn't even ask if I had Medicare. All I needed was my driver's license for identification. No insurance, no waiting.

Yes you are supposed to wait about 15 minutes after your vaccine in case you have an allergic reaction. When I got my booster dose recently I didn't have to wait because I didn't react to either of the first 2.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 11:41 PM   #568
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Embellishment: It's not just for scrap-booking anymore!
Old 18th September 2021, 11:50 PM   #569
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

My Doctors office, 45 miles away, does not do vaccines. Why are you so hell-bent on discrediting my experience with my nearest pharmacy, which is part of large chain? Do you not understand what "rural" means?

Lord.
I refer you to the 'ballot traded for a six pack' and 'friend at the post office took a bunch of ballots' stories. Figure it out. And which was it? Your second shot was in 5 days or 2 weeks later? You claimed both.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th September 2021, 11:59 PM   #570
Warp12
Graduate Poster

I refer you to the 'ballot traded for a six pack' and 'friend at the post office took a bunch of ballots' stories. Figure it out. And which was it? Your second shot was in 5 days or 2 weeks later? You claimed both.
I said the soonest appointment was 5 days out. Life happens. Sorry.

If you want the ful details of why I had to schedule a later appointment, pm me.

Last edited by Warp12; 19th September 2021 at 12:01 AM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2021, 12:12 AM   #571
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

This is odd. I just went to the CVS online Covid appt. schedule and they never asked me to provide a picture of my insurance card. They did ask if I had insurance and gave me choices to click like Medicare or other or none and what my insurance number was but never for a picture of my card. Maybe your CVS online requirements are different for....reasons.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:13 AM   #572
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I said the soonest appointment was 5 days out. Life happens. Sorry.

If you want the ful details of why I had to schedule a later appointment, pm me.
I don't think so.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:17 AM   #573
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

All I, my wife, my son, and my daughter had to show for vaccination was a driver's license, and that only at the time of the actual vaccination (not to schedule).

Seriously, it was at MOST 5 minutes to schedule each shot, and a total of 30 minutes (including travel time) for the vaccination.

And I live in Arkansas. It doesn't get much more rural.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:52 AM   #574
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
All I, my wife, my son, and my daughter had to show for vaccination was a driver's license, and that only at the time of the actual vaccination (not to schedule).

Seriously, it was at MOST 5 minutes to schedule each shot, and a total of 30 minutes (including travel time) for the vaccination.

And I live in Arkansas. It doesn't get much more rural.
My deepest condolences.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:53 AM   #575
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

My deepest condolences.
The campsites and hiking trails are awesome, so that makes up for some of it.
Old 19th September 2021, 01:29 AM   #576
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The campsites and hiking trails are awesome, so that makes up for some of it.
My grandfather was Arkansas born and raised. But he escaped.
Old 19th September 2021, 01:33 AM   #577
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

My grandfather was Arkansas born and raised. But he escaped.
I got out shortly (Active Army, stationed in Germany then Georgia, and lived in Oregon for a while)...but it drug me back in.

What part of Arkansas? Most of the Smiths (I know, right?) In central Arkansas are related to me
Old 19th September 2021, 01:48 AM   #578
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I got out shortly (Active Army, stationed in Germany then Georgia, and lived in Oregon for a while)...but it drug me back in.

What part of Arkansas? Most of the Smiths (I know, right?) In central Arkansas are related to me
He was a Griffin. From near Ft.Smith I think. Don't really remember. But we're OT.
Old 19th September 2021, 01:54 AM   #579
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

He was a Griffin. From near Ft.Smith I think. Don't really remember. But we're OT.
True, sorry bout that
Old 19th September 2021, 06:52 AM   #580
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

My whole point was, the system in that one particular pharmacy is flawed, and not making it easy to get vaccinated.
FTFY

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2021, 06:56 AM   #581
Warp12
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
FTFY
No, after the online experience, and feedback from the pharmacist, I disagree. Although, I do agree that my "local" pharmacy did not impress. I mentioned this initially. It was only later that I learned how deep that rabbit hole was.

With all of the interest in people getting vaccinated, I don't understand the push-back on this, to be honest. My interest is that they improve the process, which is why I discussed it with the pharmacist.

Last edited by Warp12; 19th September 2021 at 06:58 AM.
Old 19th September 2021, 07:29 AM   #582
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

No, after the online experience, and feedback from the pharmacist, I disagree. Although, I do agree that my "local" pharmacy did not impress. I mentioned this initially. It was only later that I learned how deep that rabbit hole was.

With all of the interest in people getting vaccinated, I don't understand the push-back on this, to be honest. My interest is that they improve the process, which is why I discussed it with the pharmacist.
I went through the CVS pharmacy application process. Uploading a photocopy of your insurance card is OPTIONAL. Fields to enter your insurance information are right there on the same page. Strange you didn't mention that.

Seems like you are falsely making it more difficult just to be cantankerous.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2021, 07:35 AM   #583
Warp12
Graduate Poster

I went through the CVS pharmacy application process. Uploading a photocopy of your insurance card is OPTIONAL. Fields to enter your insurance information are right there on the same page. Strange you didn't mention that.

It was not optional for my pharmacy, apparently. I noted that it said optional, as well. Did you progress to the final stages? I couldn't, without uploading the pics. I am not inclined to make a video on it, but might consider doing so, now. I have already mentioned the issue of what happens if your time slot is taken while in the registration process, also.

ETA: Another example of how people actively mine for anything to argue about.

Last edited by Warp12; 19th September 2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 19th September 2021, 11:53 AM   #584
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It was not optional for my pharmacy, apparently. I noted that it said optional, as well. Did you progress to the final stages? I couldn't, without uploading the pics. I am not inclined to make a video on it, but might consider doing so, now. I have already mentioned the issue of what happens if your time slot is taken while in the registration process, also.

Dude, my Facebook feed is practically ****** my ****** to get me to go get vaccinated. I can't scroll more than four posts before I get a notice about another vaccination clinic. They're practically offering me a choice of Moderna, Pfizer and a side of ****** or ******** depending on my preference. How is it so easy for over a hundred million people and you're having a hard time?

Of course I got vaccinated months ago when they weren't offering all the bennies.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2021, 12:14 PM   #585
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

No, Warp wouldn't do that.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:22 PM   #586
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I did the same process and I got past the insurance part with no problem without uploading a picture. You're making out like it's just soooooooo hard to get an appt. online when it's not. And, yes, we do tend to challenge what appears to be false info like claiming trading a ballot for a six pack and post office friends taking a batch of ballots to support one's "ballot fraud" claims.
Old 19th September 2021, 12:32 PM   #587
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Idaho, with only a 40% vaccination rate, has had to begin rationing care in its Covid filled hospitals. Stupidity has consequences.
Old 19th September 2021, 01:01 PM   #588
Warp12
Graduate Poster

I did the same process and I got past the insurance part with no problem without uploading a picture. You're making out like it's just soooooooo hard to get an appt. online when it's not. And, yes, we do tend to challenge what appears to be false info like claiming trading a ballot for a six pack and post office friends taking a batch of ballots to support one's "ballot fraud" claims.
Good lord. Believe what you want.
Old 19th September 2021, 03:44 PM   #589
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Idaho, with only a 40% vaccination rate, has had to begin rationing care in its Covid filled hospitals. Stupidity has consequences.
I saw the mayor of Seattle on TV, telling Idaho to get the shot and stop using up their hospital beds.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2021, 04:31 PM   #590
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I saw the mayor of Seattle on TV, telling Idaho to get the shot and stop using up their hospital beds.
And in Spokane (WA) which borders on Idaho, we have our own anti-vaxxers filling up hospitals with COVID.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th September 2021, 04:47 PM   #591
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
And in Spokane (WA) which borders on Idaho, we have our own anti-vaxxers filling up hospitals with COVID.
Spokane is definitely Trump country. My parents and sister moved from there because of how right-wing it was.
People's "personal choice" not to get vaccinated is negatively affecting lots of people due to that choice, some of them dying because of it. Don't tell me you're not affecting anyone else because of "mah feedoms!".

Quote:
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare announced last week that Panhandle Health District and the Idaho North Central District entered into crisis standards of care because of “a massive increase in patients with COVID-19 who require hospitalization.” This means resources are stretched so thin patients can no longer expect the level of care they would receive under normal circumstances.

The Department of Defense has provided Kootenai Health, North Idaho's largest hospital, with a 20-person medical team that includes 14 nurses, four physicians and two respiratory therapists. Kootenai Health leaders also made the decision on Aug. 20 to convert the hospital's largest conference room in the Health Resource Center into a patient care area dedicated to COVID-19 patients. It can accommodate up to 22 patients, according to the hospital.

While Washington state is not yet operating at crisis standards of care, which is when hospitals must deny lifesaving treatment to one patient in order to give it to another, hospital officials said the state of the health care system is fragile right now. Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA) Executive Vice President Taya Briley said the state is doing everything it can to avoid crisis standards of care.

However, patients from the Idaho Panhandle are contributing to the strain on Spokane-area hospitals.

The New York Times reported that 29 of Sacred Heart's inpatients last week were from Idaho. Officials added that the number of patients sent over to the emergency room from Kootenai Health was up 34% in August.
Ariana Lake, a spokesperson for Providence, also confirmed this information to KREM on Monday.

In a joint press conference with Spokane County health care providers on Friday morning, Providence's Chief Operating Officer (COO) said Sacred Heart and Holy Family Hospital were caring for their highest number of COVID-19 patients since the pandemic began. As of Friday morning, 150 patients with COVID-19 are hospitalized at Sacred Heart and Holy Family Hospital in Spokane, according to Currie.
Quote:
Dr. Getz addressed the delay in surgeries and procedures, including procedures to remove brain tumors and treat orthopedic injuries.

“We are delaying care for people who are in misery,” he told the New York Times. “It’s agonizing for those patients. This has real impacts on these people who are waiting.”
https://www.krem.com/article/news/he...5-d9685eecea29

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics