ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones

Old 21st October 2017, 02:12 PM   #1
Jerrymander
Critical Thinker

Alex Jones products apparently filled with lead

The man who constantly claims that the "elites" are poisoning us is apparently poisoning his own listeners. I guess he is part of the population control.

http://www.ceh.org/news-events/press...s-supplements/
Jerrymander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2017, 04:50 PM   #2
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Jerrymander View Post
The man who constantly claims that the "elites" are poisoning us is apparently poisoning his own listeners. I guess he is part of the population control.

This explains so much.

Lead poisoning for Alex Jones.
Assuming he uses his own products.

How will he spin this?

Can't wait for Stephen Colbert to hear about it.
Old 21st October 2017, 05:25 PM   #3
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by snoop_doxie View Post
This explains so much.

Assuming he uses his own products.

How will he spin this?

Can't wait for Stephen Colbert to hear about it.
I suspect he might... or at least other comparable bodybuilder type products.

I'd never paid him much attention, certainly don't recall seeing him outside the studio environment. Apparently he's a real would-be out-doorsy, shirtless on horseseback he-man. With a bit of a pudge.

Remind you of anyone?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2017, 05:53 PM   #4
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Screw those job-killing lead regulations!!!
Old 21st October 2017, 07:52 PM   #5
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

This explains so much.

Assuming he uses his own products...

Lead poisoning leads to weight loss, so I'm guessing he doesn't.
Old 21st October 2017, 08:48 PM   #6
fuelair
Suspended

I certainly do not in any way dislike the idea of Alex Jones and all his ilk being filled with lead. I believe I should quite encourage it!!!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2017, 09:19 PM   #7
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I certainly do not in any way dislike the idea of Alex Jones and all his ilk being filled with lead. I believe I should quite encourage it!!!!!!!
They're already a waste of oxygen, why waste other elements on them?

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:20 AM   #8
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Lead to make Alex Jones listeners even dumber than they are? Talk about gilding the lily!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:40 AM   #9
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
How will he spin this?
The Elites are trying to shut him down! Quick, buy more Infowars crap to support Alex's fight for freedom and liberty!

(And seriously, if this appeals to you, please do buy more. It'll be good for all of us in the long run.)

Last edited by timhau; 22nd October 2017 at 09:41 AM.
timhau is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:48 AM   #10
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
The Elites are trying to shut him down! Quick, buy more Infowars crap to support Alex's fight for freedom and liberty!

(And seriously, if this appeals to you, please do buy more. It'll be good for all of us in the long run.)
That's what I thought too.

"It's the coastal elites and their lying science!"
Old 22nd October 2017, 11:10 AM   #11
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Actually, my first thought was point of manufacture, but I couldn't find that on his site. Of course it could be anywhere, even here, but lead made me think China.

Either way... he'll say the left is tainting his supply chain.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2017, 01:56 PM   #12
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It's a little ironic we can call Jones a "Snake Oil Salesman" in the most literal meaning of the term.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 08:42 AM   #13
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Cheap manufacturer who doesn't vet their supply chain or test their raws.

I mean, Freedom!

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:32 AM   #14
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Cheap manufacturer who doesn't vet their supply chain or test their raws.

I mean, Freedom!

As a vaper, I'm constantly bombarded with rabidly anti-gov conservative views in the forums. It's how they roll.

One of the absolutely most common is... the FDA is evil, the FDA is corrupt, the FDA is worse than useless, the FDA is dangerous, and of course, the FDA should be eliminated.

Arguing is pointless, but my first thought is always... wonder how many of us (esp. us over say 50) would be dead or ill/disabled without the gov't regs or intervention of the FDA?

Sorry guys but... we're a very large population with a sizeable number who are money-grubbing profiteers with no compunctions over what happens to customers if they can get away with it (the global market meltdown is a perfect example from the financial sector).

Our gov't can be onerous, frequently is, and keeping that controlled is a good thing, but I damn sure don't care for a free-for-all version lacking any and all oversight.

None of this probably applies to Jones though, thanks to the lobbyist driven supplements exclusions.

/rant

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 23rd October 2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 23rd October 2017, 11:39 AM   #15
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
None of this probably applies to Jones though, thanks to the lobbyist driven supplements exclusions.
Actually it does. Supplement manufacturers are audited by the FDA to make certain that they are following Good Manufacturing Processes, which includes having some control over their incoming raws and outgoing products before they are released.

Yet, it is possible for a new manufacturer or particularly unscrupulous one to let things slide quite a bit before the FDA catches it in one of their audits. The audits are somewhat annual in nature. Also, they don't audit every product, just a random sampling so they can see that the processes are being followed.

If you want to see how your favorite supplement is doing under the FDA you can google the name of the supplement brand and "FDA Warning Letter" to see if they have bent the rules. Many warning letters have to do with disagreements over labels or paperwork, but occasionally they cover ingredients or manufacturing processes. The warning letters are often addressed to the manufacturer, but should include the names of products that were singled out during the audit.

ETA: Not to trample on your rant. I liked it.

He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2017, 12:48 PM   #16
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
ETA: Not to trample on your rant. I liked it.

Not at all, I enjoyed the education.
Surprised they have much of any oversight, they seem pretty hamstrung in the vitamin/dietary supplement sector, so anything helps.

Considering the nauseating level of Trump-love from the more vocal in the vape world, as well as the not-quite-xenophobic but loudly anti-EU, anti-UN, and frequent mentions of the "globalist agenda"... I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few are InfoWars fans.

I'd love to see the cognitive dissonance over this revelation.
(eta: Though I suspect "caveat emptor" would find its way in there.)

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 23rd October 2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 27th October 2017, 02:00 PM   #17
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

His followers will probably say something like "THE LAMESTREAM MEDIA IS LYING!!! "THEY" KNOW THAT ALEX KNOWS TOO MUCH, SO THEY'RE MAKING UP LIES TO GET HIM IN JAIL AND EVENTUALLY HE WILL BE THE 1ST ONE TO GET DEPORTED TO THE FEMA DEATH CAMPS!!!!!111 OPEN YER EYES, SHEEPLE!!!!11ONE" (since CTers type with Caps Lock on...).

Btw, what does his biggest follower, Donald Chump, have to say about this (if he tweeted anything at all about this matter...)?

JC Denton

tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 11:07 PM   #18
JohnG
Pedantic Bore

Originally Posted by tinribmancer View Post
Btw, what does his biggest follower, Donald Chump, have to say about this (if he tweeted anything at all about this matter...)?

"FAKE NEWS LINKS LEAD POISONING TO DEPRESSION. SAD!"
Old 28th October 2017, 01:18 AM   #19
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Sperm-damaging Lead Found in Alex Jones Infowars Dietary Supplements

Memo to Mr Jones: "put lead in one's pencil" is a figurative expression.
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 04:17 PM   #20
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

"For years the mainstream scientists have hidden and lied about the regenerative properties of LEAD! They want to make you believe it is a poison and have demonised it for years, hiding the real truth about it. Now they are trying to prevent you from getting it in your supplements because they know its healing and brain enhancing powers will result in those using it in being healthy and having greater mental ability. Not only that but you know how lead stops radio waves, taking more lead helps to for a protective barrier in your brain. So don't stop buying your Alex Jones Lead Enhanced Supplements, and demand more lead in your diet and keep your mind safe from the Government's mind control rays!"

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 28th October 2017 at 04:20 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 07:32 AM   #21
albie
Scholar

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-10-...-science.html#
albie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2017, 07:50 AM   #22
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by albie View Post
Nice ad:

Quote:
Actually, what they really need is CWC Labs certification of their entire product line, where I test and affirm each production lot and post those results independently, on CWClabs.com.

Old 9th November 2017, 01:30 PM   #23
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by albie View Post

The comments are predictably nauseating, but I did get far enough to see one saying Jones has previously claimed his product line is tested and certified as Cali Code 65 compliant.

If true... oops.

And to be honest... this was more a larf than an outraged concern to me.
If there's been the claimed massive attack over this by the MSM... I've missed it entirely. PPB limits are meant to be low (esp. in CA, I get it)... and these two products are only about six times over. Ooooh... scary.

But sure... I'll listen to the Health Ranger, and his fans who claim Cal. agriculture is tainted with Fukushima radiation.

Of course.. Health Ranger (that hero, and check out his apropos of nothing boasts about his mixed race heritage) has a patented Cesium removal device.
I haven't looked into the utility or effectiveness... but I'm not rushing to buy one.

Old 10th November 2017, 06:48 AM   #24
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Of course.. Health Ranger (that hero, and check out his apropos of nothing boasts about his mixed race heritage) has a patented Cesium removal device.
I haven't looked into the utility or effectiveness... but I'm not rushing to buy one.

It's not a device, it's a nutritional supplement!

https://www.google.com/patents/US9526751

And he has two patents!

https://www.google.com/patents/US9439939

Both have main independent claims that are directed to "1. A dietary supplement composition, consisting of:
Powdered ingredients encapsulated in a water-soluble vegetable capsule and consisting of:...."

The claims don't actually recite the intended use as a means for eliminating cesium or other heavy metals from your diet, which means the examiner never really evaluated the utility of the supplement for that purpose. So long as the examiner figured it had some nutritional value, it passed. You can look up the patent prosecution here and see that the examiner cited several prior art supplements that seemed to be used as animal feeds, meaning the combination of these particular ingredients has at least some nominal utility.

Of course, he'll never tell his customers any of that.
Old 10th November 2017, 02:10 PM   #25
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's not a device, it's a nutritional supplement!

https://www.google.com/patents/US9526751

And he has two patents!

https://www.google.com/patents/US9439939

Both have main independent claims that are directed to "1. A dietary supplement composition, consisting of:
Powdered ingredients encapsulated in a water-soluble vegetable capsule and consisting of:...."

The claims don't actually recite the intended use as a means for eliminating cesium or other heavy metals from your diet, which means the examiner never really evaluated the utility of the supplement for that purpose. So long as the examiner figured it had some nutritional value, it passed. You can look up the patent prosecution here and see that the examiner cited several prior art supplements that seemed to be used as animal feeds, meaning the combination of these particular ingredients has at least some nominal utility.

Of course, he'll never tell his customers any of that.

There's some irony to the idea they treat their customers as livestock, one might even say... sheep.

Old 10th November 2017, 04:14 PM   #26
GT/CS
Illuminator

Are his products made in the US?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories