ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags atheism , China incidents , China issues , christian persecution , gosateizm

Old 1st December 2018, 09:25 PM   #2201
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
See my location? It's a long way from China. All I can do is get on Al Gore's Greatest Invention here & go

TWO BITS
FOUR BITS
SIX BITS
A DOLLAR!
ALL FOR CHINA
STAND UP 'N HOLLER!

See me wave my pompom?
Thanks, your honesty is appreciated.
Old 2nd December 2018, 02:24 AM   #2202
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
TBD: Third time of asking. Are you boycotting Chinese goods, and have you encouraged whatever church you belong to to do the same?
After all you wouldn't want to confine yourself to just cheerleading on the internet, would you?
Old 2nd December 2018, 09:49 AM   #2203
sackett
Philosopher

Remember Westbank Piglet?

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Thanks, your honesty is appreciated.
Well now, you're just as entirely and completely welcome as you can ever be.

Here's another cheer:

Rooty toot toot
Rooty toot toot.
We are the boys
From the Institute.
We don't smoke
And we don't chew
And we don't go
With girls who do.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:24 AM   #2204
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

OK, President Trump and Mr Xi have had a long personal conference yesterday. Seems they have reached an agreement. ... On trade relations. Not a word about human rights.

Well ...

Hans
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:43 AM   #2205
sackett
Philosopher

Fascinating as all hell

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
OK, President Trump and Mr Xi have had a long personal conference yesterday. Seems they have reached an agreement. ... On trade relations. Not a word about human rights.

Well ...

Hans
K, guess that proves it. Hefty Hitler is an atheist.

sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 11:48 AM   #2206
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

K, guess that proves it. Hefty Hitler is an atheist.
we've known forever that Xi is an atheist, what an odd comment...
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:32 PM   #2207
Doubt
Philosopher

Oh dear, baby steps.... do you agree that most atheists have confined their cheerleading, if any, to the internet?

Yes or no?

Simple question, anything other than a yes or no will be considered a lie.

To quote Dalton Trumbo:
Quote:
I shall answer “Yes” or “No,” if I please to answer. I shall answer in my own words. Very many questions can be answered “Yes” or “No” only by a moron or a slave.
In this case, the Cohen/Trump tactic of accusing someone of that which you are guilty of will not work here. All though it is true that you can fool some of the people all of the time, you cannot fool a person who can think for themselves all of the time. This slimy tactic works well enough for Trump to keep his base not not well enough to gain support. The only other thing it does is cause the unjustly accused person to waste time dealing with the defection.

Your question is also unrelated to anything I said. Where the question I asked you is a direct result of a claim you made and cannot back up. Further more your question is an attempt at moving the goal post since your original lie was:

"most atheists on this site have confined their cheerleading to the internet"

Bolding by me. That you omitted this from your question is a lie by omission. Nobody here is dumb enough to fall for that. You have tried to cover up a lie with another lie and a deflection.

Then we have your response to Sackett. If you actual did not get that he was being facetious then I have a second bridge in New York that I would like to sell you in addition to the first one that you already purchased. Also I can finance that bridge for you at the low, low interest rate of 1% per day.

Either way you keep digging a hole for yourself. The only question left for the observers here is trying to figure out if these stupid arguments are actually supposed to support a world view so divorced from reality as to look like a comedy skit or are they an attempt to get under peoples skin. The problem being that the effort is so stupid and clumsy that no observer is going to help you out of the hole.

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.

Last edited by Doubt; 2nd December 2018 at 07:33 PM.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:37 PM   #2208
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Survey says> lie.

No surprise.

Thanks for posting
Old 2nd December 2018, 07:44 PM   #2209
Doubt
Philosopher

Survey says> lie.

No surprise.

Thanks for posting
Which is yet another lie on your part.

Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:34 AM   #2210
David Mo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Doubt View Post

It would be easy for you to do. List the names of those participating that you think are atheists and then post where they cheerleaded the actions of the Chinese government. I believe there may be one or two persons that did that but since the number of people here far greater then you have to get past half of them to prove your case.
He's already tried. He stayed with only one who explained that his comment didn't mean what the Big Dog said.
So he was left with none. But he still claims that "the atheists of this forum..." etc., etc..
Liar or lack of basic discernment? Or both? Or a simple desire to annoy? I think it is the result of the indoctrination of the ChLCh (Church that Love Children). That's how things are done there.
David Mo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2018, 10:19 AM   #2211
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

State Dept official Scott Busby: "There are at least 800,000 and possibly up to a couple of million" of Uighurs and others detained in Chinese internment camps without charges, based on U.S. intel assessments.

Link to Sources:

https://twitter.com/SaveTibetOrg/sta...729089/photo/1
Old 4th December 2018, 12:10 PM   #2212
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

State Dept official Scott Busby: "There are at least 800,000 and possibly up to a couple of million" of Uighurs and others detained in Chinese internment camps without charges, based on U.S. intel assessments.

Link to Sources:

https://twitter.com/SaveTibetOrg/sta...729089/photo/1
I'm so pleased with your concern for those poor Muslim Uighurs. Wonderful example of inter-religion solidarity. Do keep up the good work. I'm so sorry to see your president doesn't seem to give a damn.

Hans
Old 6th December 2018, 11:29 PM   #2213
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Yeah, it is. But the idea that you think that this is characteristic of atheism rather than an activity of the totalitarian government of China is even more appalling.
Well stated in reality!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th December 2018, 11:31 PM   #2214
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Demanding that people sign papers and renounce their faith has nothing to do with Atheism?

Huh.
Sort of good try, but not a winner. Bad people crush anything they do not agree with, and sometimes they use religion to do that and sometimes they use statism to do it.

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th December 2018, 06:48 AM   #2215
sackett
Philosopher

Hey! Unfair!

...Sackett....was...facetious....
Leave my face outa this!

Old 7th December 2018, 06:52 AM   #2216
Doubt
Philosopher

Leave my face outa this!
Sorry. Too late for spell checking. Just sign the release form here so we can do the movie version of this thread.

Old 7th December 2018, 06:55 AM   #2217
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Well ...

Hans
Of course the agreement is that neither supports them!!

Wash this space!

Old 7th December 2018, 06:58 AM   #2218
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

we've known forever that Xi is an atheist, what an odd comment...

Actually I am quite certain that it was meant that Trumpf is hefty hitler…………...

Paying close attention is a virtue!!!

Wash this space!

Old 7th December 2018, 07:17 AM   #2219
sackett
Philosopher

O god how CLEVER!

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Actually I am quite certain that it was meant that Trumpf is hefty hitler…………...

I borrowed "hefty hitler" from somebody or other on FaceBooger. Shouldn't have.

The rooshians & chineeze call him Agent Orange, & then they fall on their butz laffing.

Here's a jumprope song:

Yesterday
N the day before
Apple n a lemming
Come knockin on my door.
I oping tha door
Ta leddum in
They hit me onna head
Wit a ROLLIN PIN.

Old 7th December 2018, 08:37 AM   #2220
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post

Ahh, you are saying that "Trumpf" (golly, that is clever!) is the "Hefty Hitler" (also clever) and not the atheist building actual concentration camps for an oppressed religious minority?

Golly folks, those human rights apologists are always a couple steps ahead in the noodle department, now aren't they?

/hoo boy...
Old 8th December 2018, 05:19 PM   #2221
Doubt
Philosopher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Pbx9mvWPY

Repeating the same thing over and over again is not good for anyone's mental health. This is especially true when the statement is a lie.

For those not inclined to click, this is from the last scene of the Howard Hughes bio pick starling Leonardo DiCaprio.

Old 8th December 2018, 05:32 PM   #2222
sackett
Philosopher

K, but

Sorry. Too late for spell checking. Just sign the release form here so we can do the movie version of this thread.
before I sign, who plays female lead?

Old 8th December 2018, 06:32 PM   #2223
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

When will jesus put the brakes to the ebil atheists?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 06:34 PM   #2224
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

before I sign, who plays female lead?
Jiang Qing or Eva Braun
Old 8th December 2018, 09:09 PM   #2225
Minoosh
Philosopher

"Theists Kill 55 People in Kabul."

For some reason the headline writer attributed it to ISIS, not theists in general. The only reason to attribute the attack to "theists" would be to annoy theists. A pattern of such incidents would begin to seem dishonest.

Here is a database of terrorist attacks.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2018, 09:22 PM   #2226
Minoosh
Philosopher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Pbx9mvWPY

Repeating the same thing over and over again is not good for anyone's mental health. This is especially true when the statement is a lie.

For those not inclined to click, this is from the last scene of the Howard Hughes bio pick starling Leonardo DiCaprio.
My interpretation of that is he realizes he's accomplished everything he set out to do, and that he never again has to do a single thing he doesn't want to. He never has to fight those tics again, or shave, or anything.

I'm behind on the thread, and I doubt if I'll ever catch up, but I will back up to find out what this has to do with human rights abuses in China.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2018, 02:38 AM   #2227
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Ahh, you are saying that "Trumpf" (golly, that is clever!) is the "Hefty Hitler" (also clever) and not the atheist building actual concentration camps for an oppressed religious minority?

Golly folks, those human rights apologists are always a couple steps ahead in the noodle department, now aren't they?

/hoo boy...
You mean camps like this?

The Trump administration is building jails for children.
https://www.texasobserver.org/how-we...-prison-camps/

Perhaps you missed this, TBD. Prehaps you were also unaware that Trump is a Christian.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Child jail.jpg (13.8 KB, 118 views)
Old 9th December 2018, 09:25 AM   #2228
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
"Theists Kill 55 People in Kabul."

For some reason the headline writer attributed it to ISIS, not theists in general. The only reason to attribute the attack to "theists" would be to annoy theists. A pattern of such incidents would begin to seem dishonest.

Here is a database of terrorist attacks.
They headline writers don’t use the word theists, but atheists have no problem whatsoever attributing such to religion, indeed you JUST DID IT YOURSELF! Hell your fellow travelers just did it yesterday in another thread on this very forum.

Now, when I point out that the ongoing human rights abuses are directly attributable to imposing atheist principles, the atheists respond with furious personalized denials and spittle soaked outrage, as we have seen repeatedly in this thread.

By the way? Whataboutism simply demonstrates the author’s own hypocrisy.
Old 10th December 2018, 11:53 AM   #2229
Minoosh
Philosopher

They headline writers don’t use the word theists, but atheists have no problem whatsoever attributing such to religion, indeed you JUST DID IT YOURSELF! Hell your fellow travelers just did it yesterday in another thread on this very forum.
Do you think what ISIS is doing has nothing to do with religion?

Now, when I point out that the ongoing human rights abuses are directly attributable to imposing atheist principles, the atheists respond with furious personalized denials and spittle soaked outrage, as we have seen repeatedly in this thread.
They disagree that the CCP's oppression is "directly attributable" to atheistic principals.

Also I have not seen much of that spittle-soaked fury. If it's there, it might be attributable to the way you mis-characterize their position as "cheerleading" for CCP abuses. Do you really think that's what they are doing?

I don't know what this response means. If you're saying I'm a hypocrite, oh well. I try not to be.

Last edited by Minoosh; 10th December 2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: slight edits
Old 10th December 2018, 02:05 PM   #2230
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Do you think what ISIS is doing has nothing to do with religion?
I did not say that, and it does have to do with religion just like the atheist pogroms by officially atheist states run by atheist ideologues are attributable to atheism.
Old 10th December 2018, 08:38 PM   #2231
Minoosh
Philosopher

I did not say that, and it does have to do with religion just like the atheist pogroms by officially atheist states run by atheist ideologues are attributable to atheism.
I don't have much of an opinion on the nature of God so it might be odd that I have opinions on what God isn't, but in my paltry and eminently fallible opinion both ISIS and the Chinese Communist Party qualify as not-God. The basic problem to me is not atheism; it's idolatry.
Old 10th December 2018, 08:42 PM   #2232
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Which is yet another lie on your part.
That is and always has been true.

Wash this space!

Old 10th December 2018, 09:48 PM   #2233
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

I don't have much of an opinion on the nature of God so it might be odd that I have opinions on what God isn't, but in my paltry and eminently fallible opinion both ISIS and the Chinese Communist Party qualify as not-God. The basic problem to me is not atheism; it's idolatry.
Yeah but something-something Marx something-something pol pot something-something atheists are slowly chlorinating all the water in collusion with the reptile nwo.

Said the robot gleefully as he went on his rampage.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th December 2018, 02:03 AM   #2234
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Yeah, it sucks when people get personal.

Oh, wait.

For the umpteenth time, you still don't know what 'whataboutism' actually is.

But you knew that, of course.
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #2235
dann
Philosopher

Again it's made clear that the crackdown against (certain kinds of) religion has nothing to do with atheism:

Quote:
Rights advocates say the crackdown against underground churches and religious practice that's not state-sanctioned is less about religious practice itself and more about the Chinese Communist Party making sure it remains firmly in control of civil society.
"Under President Xi, the government has further tightened control over Christianity in its broad efforts to 'Sinicize' religion or 'adopt Chinese characteristics' -- in other words, to ensure that religious groups support the government and the Communist Party," Human Rights Watch said.
Detention of 100 Christians raises concerns about religious crackdown in China (CNN, Dec. 16, 2018)

I've already proved several times in this thread that it's also contrary to Marxism or TBD's alleged Atheist Bible ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:27 PM   #2236
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

"Rights advocates say the crackdown against underground churches and religious practice that's not state-sanctioned is less about religious practice itself and more about the Chinese Communist Party making sure it remains firmly in control of civil society."

How about the crackdown that IS state sanctioned?

Atheists disgust me.
Old Today, 06:36 PM   #2237
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
"Rights advocates say the crackdown against underground churches and religious practice that's not state-sanctioned is less about religious practice itself and more about the Chinese Communist Party making sure it remains firmly in control of civil society."

How about the crackdown that IS state sanctioned?

"What was the elephant doing in your pajamas?"

Classic comedy gold.
Old Today, 06:55 PM   #2238
sylvan8798
Master Poster

Atheists disgust me.
Oh, thank you, we do our best.

- Professional Wastrel
sylvan8798 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy