ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 14th March 2018, 07:30 AM   #1
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 3

Mod InfoThis is a continuation of Part 2. The split was arbitrary, and you may freely quote from the old thread here.
Posted By:KMortis

Is it acting as if it is magnetic, it seems to be incredible light whatever it is and if that was magnetic I'd expect it to be very quickly pulled onto the magnet not waving about unaligned with the magnetic field?

Last edited by kmortis; 14th March 2018 at 09:18 AM.
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 07:44 AM   #2
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Clearly, it's cosmic strings made of dark matter.
The why is it white?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th March 2018, 07:46 AM   #3
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Yes, that's obviously the source of the material or, perhaps, something that reacts with something in the atmosphere to create the material when vaporised. What I'm asking is what is it composed of, what does it react with, and what is the resultant substance.

This page lists tungsten reactions, and the only two which seem to apply are the creation of tungsten trioxide, which doesn't look similar (not least because it's a pretty green colour), and tungsten hexafluride, which is a colourless gas.

So, unless there's a chemist who can point out something I'm missing, or unless there are reactions that haven't been mentioned on that page, then it doesn't seem to be a reaction of tungsten.
Also the proper reaction to anything that releases WF6 is to leave the area immediately; it's really nasty stuff.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2018, 07:37 AM   #4
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
In one of Mills's earlier experiments he managed to "vaporize" one of the electrodes and deposit approximately the same volume of material on the other electrode. I speculated at the time that a less controlled version of cathodic arc vaporization and deposition was going on.

Along the same lines, I speculate that the filaments are metallic, and formed from vaporized electrode material condensing along the path of the arc (when the arc itself is interrupted).

Mills is fooling around with high-powered (low voltage high current) arcs in nontypical and non-useful (in terms of known applications) ways. It would be ironic but not totally astounding if he accidentally comes up with some actually useful new product or process along the way.
Old 15th March 2018, 07:40 AM   #5
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
The why is it white?

Because being dark matter it cannot absorb any color of light, of course.

(No, that doesn't make sense, but it wouldn't make any more sense if it were black instead.)
Old 15th March 2018, 03:25 PM   #6
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Interesting and perhaps a warning for Mills.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-41
Old 15th March 2018, 03:54 PM   #7
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Interesting and perhaps a warning for Mills.

https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2018-41
He doesn't sell shares just takes and wastes investor's money on unproven claims. If he would be foolish enough to sell shares he would then come under SEC rules. As far as I know private company's can waste money as long as people are dense enough to give it to him and he has them sign a sheet that he is working on 'unproven technology that may not return a profit' or similar weasel words.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2018, 04:07 PM   #8
Prometheus
Acolyte of VŪūarr

BLP is not a public corporation, though.
Don't be offended. I'm not calling you a serial killer. -- Ron Tomkins.
Prometheus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2018, 09:16 AM   #9
markie
Graduate Poster

Mod InfoThis is a continuation of Part 2. The split was arbitrary, and you may freely quote from the old thread here.
Posted By:KMortis

Is it acting as if it is magnetic, it seems to be incredible light whatever it is and if that was magnetic I'd expect it to be very quickly pulled onto the magnet not waving about unaligned with the magnetic field?
It would be paramagnetic, not diamagnetic (ferromagnetic). So the magnetism is derived from another magnetic field and is much weaker.

Knowing Mills, he would have calculated the paramagnetic force of the substance, as he does dozens of times throughout his book. (He uses diamagnetic, paramagnetic and electrical forces to calculate, say, atomic and molecular sizes.)

Aside from spider webs, the 'substance' reminds me of times when we would precipitate DNA out of an alcohol solution. In the solution the DNA was white, fine, long and stringy.

If I was to guess I would say the substance is polymeric hydrino hydride. The metal would have to be very light, like Beryllium. (I don't recall that Beryllium in any of it's valence states acts as a hydrino formation catalyst, so it probably isn't Beryllium itself. )

We'll soon find out when he publishes a paper on it. The good news is that now he can create hydrino hydride compounds very quickly rather than having it take weeks, per the era when he created the hydrino hydride crystals c2000.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th March 2018, 09:19 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by markie View Post
It would be paramagnetic, not diamagnetic (ferromagnetic). So the magnetism is derived from another magnetic field and is much weaker.

Knowing Mills, he would have calculated the paramagnetic force of the substance, as he does dozens of times throughout his book. (He uses diamagnetic, paramagnetic and electrical forces to calculate, say, atomic and molecular sizes.)

Aside from spider webs, the 'substance' reminds me of times when we would precipitate DNA out of an alcohol solution. In the solution the DNA was white, fine, long and stringy.

If I was to guess I would say the substance is polymeric hydrino hydride. The metal would have to be very light, like Beryllium. (I don't recall that Beryllium in any of it's valence states acts as a hydrino formation catalyst, so it probably isn't Beryllium itself. )

We'll soon find out when he publishes a paper on it. The good news is that now he can create hydrino hydride compounds very quickly rather than having it take weeks, per the era when he created the hydrino hydride crystals c2000.
The ones he promised to researchers and then never delivered.

Also when will he be providing his first sample with "anti-gravity" properties as he also promised back in the early days?
Old 16th March 2018, 09:31 AM   #11
markie
Graduate Poster

The ones he promised to researchers and then never delivered.

Also when will he be providing his first sample with "anti-gravity" properties as he also promised back in the early days?
Those crystal compounds were delivered to lots of labs, as described earlier in this thread.

Hydrino hydrides don't have antigravity properties. Rather, Mills proposes that a free electron can be so energized as to produce a hyperbolic space time curvature around it, which would counter the positive space time curvature of gravity.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 03:02 AM   #12
StackOverflow

Rather, Mills proposes that a free electron can be so energized as to produce a hyperbolic space time curvature around it, which would counter the positive space time curvature of gravity.
I don't know anything about particle physics but this sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo trollish, in a Deepak Chopra style.
StackOverflow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2018, 04:21 AM   #13
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Those crystal compounds were delivered to lots of labs, as described earlier in this thread.
That is not true.

Hydrino hydrides don't have antigravity properties. Rather, Mills proposes that a free electron can be so energized as to produce a hyperbolic space time curvature around it, which would counter the positive space time curvature of gravity.
You'll excuse me by going with what he said rather than your retcon.
Old 19th March 2018, 05:47 AM   #14
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

The above is not true at all, imo.

There is no independent evidence that any hydrino based crystals or compounds were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No hydrino crystals were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No hydrino compounds were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

Also imo:

No working hydrino based electricity or power generators of any type were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No working hydrino based devices will ever be produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No hydrino compounds of any type will ever be produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

There is absolutely no independent evidence of any of Mills' claims.
All reports and statements and claims trace back to entities connected to Mills.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2018, 04:57 PM   #15
markie
Graduate Poster

That is not true.

You'll excuse me by going with what he said rather than your retcon.
You'll never be able to find anywhere where Mills has said his hydrino compounds have antigravity properties. You're only speaking from your confusion. Dihydrino gas, like hydrogen gas, will be buoyant in our atmosphere and go up, but that is not antigravity.

Meanwhile, look up chapter 35 in Mill's book and read all about the hyperbolic free electron with antigravity properties.
Old 19th March 2018, 04:58 PM   #16
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
The above is not true at all, imo.

There is no independent evidence that any hydrino based crystals or compounds were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No hydrino crystals were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No hydrino compounds were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

Also imo:

No working hydrino based electricity or power generators of any type were ever produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No working hydrino based devices will ever be produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

No hydrino compounds of any type will ever be produced by Mills or by any entity working for or connected to Mills.

There is absolutely no independent evidence of any of Mills' claims.
All reports and statements and claims trace back to entities connected to Mills.

Good thing that your opinion does not reflect reality.
Old 19th March 2018, 05:24 PM   #17
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

It's simply a lie that hydrino compounds have ever been created or delivered.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2018, 08:49 PM   #18
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

In this case it does. Because there's no evidence for any of Mills' claims as we've been over and over the past several years in this thread alone. Which includes in a roundabout way, the past thirty-ish years of all of Mills' claims, none of which have ever been produced as he himself has claimed time and time and time again.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2018, 09:04 PM   #19
Kid Eager
Philosopher

You'll never be able to find anywhere where Mills has said his hydrino compounds have antigravity properties. You're only speaking from your confusion. Dihydrino gas, like hydrogen gas, will be buoyant in our atmosphere and go up, but that is not antigravity.

Meanwhile, look up chapter 35 in Mill's book and read all about the hyperbolic free electron with antigravity properties.
Interesting wording: "You'll never be able to find anywhere where Mills has said his hydrino compounds have antigravity properties."

Fair, enough - he did not use those *exact* words. It's telling that you then direct attention to the chapter where antigravity characteristics are described...

More:
https://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/nuc...ser-hot-or-not

https://www.villagevoice.com/1999/12/21/quantum-leap/
Old 19th March 2018, 09:17 PM   #20
Hans
Philosopher

His opinion does and your doesn't. We've been over this many times in this thread.

He (Mills) has nothing but you pretend he does - that is your problem not ours.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 02:38 AM   #21
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

It's very easy to show proof to counter my opinions, yet we will never see that happen.

Just like we will never see any Mills hydrino device that can even challenge one of these:

https://powerequipment.honda.com/gen...models/eu1000i

LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 02:58 AM   #22
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Iím telling you now that such an invention exists, and in the next year or so, itís going to change the face of humanity forever.
Quote:
Mills already has the ďlight bulbĒ portion of this generator fully prototyped and working. Obviously thatís the hard part since the rest of the parts for the generator already exist from off-the-shelf suppliers. Mills is projecting production units to be ready for delivery by the second half of 2017, with a fully prototyped working generator ready for field testing by the first half of 2017. Once Mills rolls out that first generator, be prepared for a monumental media **** storm to hit the public.
Quote:
At this point, it doesnít matter what anyone may say about him. Heís going to market, and heís going to change the world.
by Michael Suede ē July 12, 2016

Coming up on 2 years later, and not a sign of anything even working, let alone on the market.

Quote:
Presently, BrLP plans to have units in field testing in the 2nd half of 2018, and a commercial launch in the 2nd half of 2019.
No sign of this last updated 9/2017 claim, either.

Michael Suede is head over heels in love with Mills, and heavily financially involved, imo.

There's no other reason for such a devoted article, imo.

https://www.libertariannews.org/2016...esla-combined/

Old 20th March 2018, 03:00 AM   #23
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Longest field test trial ever...~30 years.

Old 20th March 2018, 03:39 AM   #24
malbui
Beauf

I’m betting on another three year delay while they decide what colour the device that hits the market should be.
Old 20th March 2018, 06:30 AM   #25
catsmate
No longer the 1

Untrue.

Mills proposes that a free electron can be so energized as to produce a hyperbolic space time curvature around it, which would counter the positive space time curvature of gravity.
Rubbish.
Old 20th March 2018, 10:03 AM   #26
Hans
Philosopher

Looks like markie is going for a fringe reset.
Old 20th March 2018, 10:05 AM   #27
Hans
Philosopher

Longest field test trial ever...~30 years.
With great results - for Mills and an friends - they have been giving themselves nice salaries from the investor's money and producing nothing in return for thirty years.
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:07 AM   #28
jrhowell
Muse

More from the Department of Misleading Statistics at BLP:

http://brilliantlightpower.com/greater-than-tnt

Quote:
Mar 30 2018: Based on the shockwave propagation velocity and the corresponding over pressure, the high-current ignition of water in a silver matrix was measured to produce a shock wave that was 10 times greater than an equivalent weight of TNT (dynamite).
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:18 AM   #29
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post

Translation - we made something go bang!
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:44 AM   #30
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post

They've really missed a grand opportunity writing for Star Trek. That's some first class technobabble right there.
Old 3rd April 2018, 10:23 AM   #31
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Translation - we made something go bang!
With a cheap spot welder!

Old 3rd April 2018, 12:20 PM   #32
SOdhner
Graduate Poster

I stopped by the subreddit for Brilliant Light Power. Nothing surprising. A lot of very conspiracy-ish stuff about how THEY don't want Mills to be right and BIG SCIENCE won't listen to anything that might prove their pet theories wrong. Mostly it was just regurgitating the press releases and stuff, it's not a super active group for obvious reasons.
SOdhner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 01:14 PM   #33
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by SOdhner View Post
I stopped by the subreddit for Brilliant Light Power. Nothing surprising. A lot of very conspiracy-ish stuff about how THEY don't want Mills to be right and BIG SCIENCE won't listen to anything that might prove their pet theories wrong. Mostly it was just regurgitating the press releases and stuff, it's not a super active group for obvious reasons.
Funny. One would think they'd be perpetually active.

Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 02:26 PM   #34
paiute
Graduate Poster

Pants wet

the substance is polymeric hydrino hydride.
Actual chemist here. Stop it - you're killing me.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/36568510/A...-of-Cadaverine
paiute is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 02:59 PM   #35
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Polymeric hydrino hydride... Every time I see that word my mind reads, Hayride.
Meanwhile, here's Mountain, performing,
Nantucket Sleighride...
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Mike!; 3rd April 2018 at 03:05 PM.
Mike! is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 08:58 AM   #36
markie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by paiute View Post
Actual chemist here. Stop it - you're killing me.
You must be really smart then.

How about, rather than being killed by your incredulity, being constructive and offering an informed opinion of your own about the web like substance being formed.

It's safe to assume you don't know that magnesium and beryllium can form hydrides that are chain like. They are covalent polymeric hydrides.

So it's not a stretch for me to hypothesize that the substance in question is a polymeric hydrino hydride.
Old 10th April 2018, 09:01 AM   #37
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

It's not only a stretch it's an outright lie. There are no hydrinos. You're promoting a fraud.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 09:07 AM   #38
Hans
Philosopher

So it's not a stretch for me to hypothesize that the substance in question is a polymeric hydrino hydride.
So you are back to you screaming and yelling to please, please allow the possibility of Hydrinos?

Nah

Mills is a fraud

No Hydrinos

It is all a scam

Its been that way for 30 years and no begging is going to change it.

No matter how hard you try, no matter what you make up, Mill's folly will drag you down as it already has.

Nothing, nothing but a working hydrino based machine will save you - and that you will NEVER see.
Old 10th April 2018, 09:39 AM   #39
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I wish I'd known a few years ago how profitable spot and seam welding machines could be...

Old 10th April 2018, 12:47 PM   #40
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I wish I'd known a few years ago how profitable spot and seam welding machines could be...

Well, they're profitable so long as you value your integrity at $0.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology