ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 5th November 2018, 05:18 AM   #41
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
I have come to understand that a lot of those who back the present official story on 911 are actually former convicts who were given amnesty in exchange for their support and that this is the major reason for their use of pseudonyms.
Where did you come to understand this?

Let me guess: from other people who believe in conspiracy theories.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 06:51 AM   #42
Mark F
Graduate Poster

I have come to understand that a lot of those who back the present official story on 911 are actually former convicts who were given amnesty in exchange for their support and that this is the major reason for their use of pseudonyms.

Has anyone else heard this?

ETA: That these people are actually doing time and are being given credit towards their sentences. In other words, much of the commentary in support of the present official story on 911 is being done from prisons by convicts using pseudonyms.
I think this demonstrates about the same amount of research you put into understanding building collapses. Same faulty method too.
Old 5th November 2018, 06:57 AM   #43
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
I think this demonstrates about the same amount of research you put into understanding building collapses.
I don't know, it seemed to me he spent much more time making that up researching into that.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 08:38 AM   #44
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

I love the arrogance in a CTist trying to spin us a CT about ourselves. Like, do they really think this is going to convince us to back off on pointing out their stupidity?

I'll be charitable and assume he's not trying to actually convince me that I'm secretly in prison, and posting in order to reduce my sentence. But clearly he's hoping that I'll panic, and assume that the rest of you lot are a bunch of murderers, rapists and litterers, and run screaming from the 9/11 CT sub-forum.

Except, even there, I've met some of these guys in real life, and I'm, again, pretty sure that I didn't have to go to a prison to do that. So is he expecting me to say, "Well, I'm not in prison, and I know Gravy isn't in prison, but, my god, what about all the rest of them?!?!"

I mean, really, what was the end game he'd envisaged when he decided to post this here?
Old 5th November 2018, 08:51 AM   #45
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
........I mean, really, what was the end game he'd envisaged when he decided to post this here?
****-stirring. That's all. Vacuous ****-stirring. There's no thought, no end game.......just more posts, more responses, and the gravy train rolls on.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 08:53 AM   #46
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Gotta tell you, this might be the finest example of an own goal I have ever seen.

Hoo boy.

-M. Avenatti
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 08:55 AM   #47
Whip
Graduate Poster

I love the arrogance in a CTist trying to spin us a CT about ourselves. Like, do they really think this is going to convince us to back off on pointing out their stupidity?

I'll be charitable and assume he's not trying to actually convince me that I'm secretly in prison, and posting in order to reduce my sentence. But clearly he's hoping that I'll panic, and assume that the rest of you lot are a bunch of murderers, rapists and litterers, and run screaming from the 9/11 CT sub-forum.

Except, even there, I've met some of these guys in real life, and I'm, again, pretty sure that I didn't have to go to a prison to do that. So is he expecting me to say, "Well, I'm not in prison, and I know Gravy isn't in prison, but, my god, what about all the rest of them?!?!"

I mean, really, what was the end game he'd envisaged when he decided to post this here?

he's already proven he's not smart enough to pull this off so someone had to tell him.
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 08:57 AM   #48
Hans
Philosopher

No US prisoners would be too expensive. The cheap US government hired an entire village in the state of Gujarat, India called Jel Va to provide the 'voices'.

We do very well with a dial up and and single reconditioned Pentium 486.

I sensed a great sucking hole of stupid and the vibrations led me here. A sub-forum I very rarely come to.

Ah my sensors were correct.

But its only Tony.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 09:42 AM   #49
carlitos
"mŠs divertido"

I get 2 soups for every post here. Last year I made enough to trade for a TV, hot plate and the complete works of William Shakespeare.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 09:45 AM   #50
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I get 2 soups for every post here. Last year I made enough to trade for a TV, hot plate and the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Dude, just have them create fiat money in your commissary account. It's not like it actually costs them anything, creating money out of thin air!
Old 5th November 2018, 01:50 PM   #51
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Dude, just have them create fiat money in your commissary account. It's not like it actually costs them anything, creating money out of thin air!
Don't feed me that FMOTL stuff.

That's what got me in here!
Old 5th November 2018, 04:25 PM   #52
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I have come to understand............................
How's it going Tony? You know my real name and we're friends on FB. I'm not incarcerated am I? Your buddy, Richard Gage and I have met face to face a couple times, and not in jail. You know this.

You really need to find another hobby buddy..........

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 10:35 PM   #53
Seymour Butz
Muse

This is by far the oddest thing I’ve ever read.
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 10:43 PM   #54
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

A convict, was it, Mr Christian? The scoundrel needs a good flogging on the triangle, say I! Put him to it, Mr Bosun! Fifty of your best and lay the cat on proper!

http://www.tocal.com/homestead/vandv/vv25b.jpg

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove rule 5 breach. Please do not hotlink unless the originating site gives explicit permission
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Agatha; 7th November 2018 at 03:16 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 10:47 PM   #55
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
How's it going Tony? You know my real name and we're friends on FB. I'm not incarcerated am I? Your buddy, Richard Gage and I have met face to face a couple times, and not in jail. You know this.

You really need to find another hobby buddy..........
Good idea. Certainly this one hasn't worked out well for him.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2018, 11:57 PM   #56
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
This is by far the oddest thing Iíve ever read.
You're relatively new here, aren't you.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2018, 02:09 AM   #57
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Seymour Butz View Post
This is by far the oddest thing Iíve ever read.
Compared to some of the stuff we've seen here, this one is pretty realistice.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2018, 03:37 AM   #58
Sceptic-PK
Illuminator

ETA: That these people are actually doing time and are being given credit towards their sentences. In other words, much of the commentary in support of the present official story on 911 is being done from prisons by convicts using pseudonyms.
Jeez, it must be embarrassing being crushed in 911 debates by random criminals.
Sceptic-PK is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2018, 04:46 AM   #59
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Please, tell us how you came to understand this. And do show your work.
"A lot of people are saying" is now sufficient evidence to drive policy, so what do you expect?
Old 6th November 2018, 04:49 AM   #60
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

So 3/4 of the internet is Russian Trollbots vs Convicted Criminals?

Huh.
Old 6th November 2018, 05:35 AM   #61
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
So 3/4 of the internet is Russian Trollbots vs Convicted Criminals?

Huh.

Weren't those teams in the XFL?
Old 6th November 2018, 11:47 AM   #62
Axxman300
Illuminator

Good, you guys keep up the chatter so the guards can't hear us saw these bars off the window.

When I give the signal, one of you light your mattress on fire to create a diversion.
Old 6th November 2018, 12:11 PM   #63
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Hey, you missed me!
Everybody knows you're a convict doing time right now
Old 6th November 2018, 12:44 PM   #64
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

amnesty never came through, now what

They promised more conjugal visits, never materialized. Amnesty never happened, stuck in solitary confinement. Yet, they forgot to take out the chip - still able to use the virtual laptop, mouse, and wifi.

Like CD, the above is fiction born in your paranoia and some undefined nonsense.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2018, 02:19 PM   #65
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
No US prisoners would be too expensive. The cheap US government hired an entire village in the state of Gujarat, India called Jel Va to provide the 'voices'.

We do very well with a dial up and and single reconditioned Pentium 486.

I sensed a great sucking hole of stupid and the vibrations led me here. A sub-forum I very rarely come to.

Ah my sensors were correct.

But its only Tony.
Just because we are in jail doesn't mean that we have given up completely on being pedantic.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2018, 04:29 PM   #66
Seymour Butz
Muse

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
You're relatively new here, aren't you.
Nope.

Just donít post much cuz you canít fix stupid.
Seymour Butz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 06:00 AM   #67
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Just because we are in jail doesn't mean that we have given up completely on being pedantic.

Look, it's simple: the NWO has access to Pentiums when 486s were the only computer available. The fact that they're trash now doesn't retroactively discount the Evil, after all.
Old 7th November 2018, 01:46 PM   #68
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Look, it's simple: the NWO has access to Pentiums when 486s were the only computer available. The fact that they're trash now doesn't retroactively discount the Evil, after all.
Take a step back from the crazy punch, you are letting it impact the rational parts of your brain.

There never has been and never will be a Pentium 486.

He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 01:49 PM   #69
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Take a step back from the crazy punch, you are letting it impact the rational parts of your brain.

There never has been and never will be a Pentium 486.
That you know of.

That just proves how deep the conspiracy goes.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 02:24 PM   #70
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
That you know of.

That just proves how deep the conspiracy goes.
I swear if there weren't three feet of concrete between us I'd shove that chromebook so far up your ethernet port that you'd be begging for a 386.

Guard, I'm done for the day . . . .

Old 7th November 2018, 02:36 PM   #71
Elagabalus
Illuminator

I swear if there weren't three feet of concrete between us I'd shove that chromebook so far up your ethernet port that you'd be begging for a 386.

Why not the improved version of the 386 - the 486?

https://www.geek.com/blurb/intels-48...rns-15-555501/

I was good this week. They gave me an extra hour on google to look **** up.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 04:18 PM   #72
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Why not the improved version of the 386 - the 486?

https://www.geek.com/blurb/intels-48...rns-15-555501/

I was good this week. They gave me an extra hour on google to look **** up.
Just shut up. All of you. I just have a Trash-80 over here. I'm practically Strong Bad.
Old 7th November 2018, 04:21 PM   #73
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Just shut up. All of you. I just have a Trash-80 over here. I'm practically Strong Bad.
Model I, level II basic here.
Old 7th November 2018, 05:03 PM   #74
Myles
Student

Well yes, I heard thatís how OJ, Abby Lee Miller, and Martha Stewart got out. I also understand that a guy named Whitey was working at it too but he screwed it up somehow.
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 05:54 AM   #75
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Trash-80? We used to dream of debunking using a Trash-80! I once "proved" the existence of the "Moon Landing" using a slide rule with half the numbers worn off!

Pentium 486, hah!
Old 8th November 2018, 06:49 AM   #76
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Trash-80? We used to dream of debunking using a Trash-80! I once "proved" the existence of the "Moon Landing" using a slide rule with half the numbers worn off!

Pentium 486, hah!
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 07:14 AM   #77
heymatto70
Scholar

Are you typing with boxing gloves on your hands?
heymatto70 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 08:03 AM   #78
Belz...
Fiend God

You guys crack me up.

Remember the good old days when we all had ninja avatars? We need prisoner avatars now.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2018, 08:04 AM   #79
Belz...
Fiend God

The 386. A spectacle of colours and sound.

Old 8th November 2018, 08:07 AM   #80
Dave Rogers

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Remember the good old days when we all had ninja avatars? We need prisoner avatars now.
I am not a number. I am a free man!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories