IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 11th October 2018, 08:52 AM   #1
geggy
Muse

Israel behind 911?

Autumn 1992: Influential Neoconservative Academic Advocates Breaking Up Middle Eastern Countries, Including Iraq

Princeton University professor Bernard Lewis publishes an article in the influential journal Foreign Affairs called “Rethinking the Middle East.” In it, he advocates a policy he calls “Lebanonization.” He says, “[A] possibility, which could even be precipitated by [Islamic] fundamentalism, is what has late been fashionable to call ‘Lebanonization.’ Most of the states of the Middle East—Egypt is an obvious exception—are of recent and artificial construction and are vulnerable to such a process. If the central power is sufficiently weakened, there is no real civil society to hold the polity together, no real sense of common identity.… Then state then disintegrates—as happened in Lebanon—into a chaos of squabbling, feuding, fighting sects, tribes, regions, and parties.” Lewis, a British Jew, is well known as a longtime supporter of the Israeli right wing. Since the 1950s, he has argued that the West and Islam have been engaged in a titanic “clash of civilizations” and that the US should take a hard line against all Arab countries. Lewis is considered a highly influential figure to the neoconservative movement, and some neoconservatives such as Richard Perle and Harold Rhode consider him a mentor. In 1996, Perle and others influenced by Lewis will write a paper for right wing Israeli leader Benjamin Netanyahu entitled “A Clean Break” that advocates the “Lebanonization” of countries like Iraq and Syria. Lewis will remain influential after 9/11. For instance, he will have dinner with Vice President Cheney shortly before the US invasion of Iraq in 2003. Some will later suspect that Cheney and others were actually implementing Lewis’s idea by invading Iraq. Chas Freeman, former US ambassador to Saudi Arabia, will say in May 2003, just after the invasion, “The neoconservatives’ intention in Iraq was never to truly build democracy there. Their intention was to flatten it, to remove Iraq as a regional threat to Israel.”

From the article Rethinking Middle East, "But that too is not for the immediate future, and in the meantime the United States, so it would appear, remains alone. Today the only serious restraint on the American administration is American public opinion. Of the many blunders made by Saddam Hussein, the greatest of all was to infuriate the American administration and antagonize public opinion at the same time. Without this double shock it is unlikely that American democracy would have allowed the dispatch of an army to a Middle Eastern battlefield. And after the shock it became clear that American public opinion would not tolerate keeping American troops in the Middle East a day longer than was strictly necessary, and perhaps not even as long as that."

Did the 9/11 attacks provide that "shock"?

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...ng-middle-east

July 8, 1996: Neoconservative Think Tank Advocates Aggressive Israeli Foreign Policy

The Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies, an Israeli think tank, publishes a paper titled “A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm.” The paper, whose lead author is neoconservative Richard Perle, is meant to advise the new, right-wing Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 4.

http://historycommons.org/entity.jsp...meyrav_wurmser

Last edited by zooterkin; 16th October 2018 at 10:10 AM.
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 08:56 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It's pretty obvious to any none-sheeple that The Dolphins were behind 9/11.
Think about it: not a single dolphin was on any of the planes, the World Trade Center or the Pentagon that day.
Coincidence?
I don't think so.
Old 11th October 2018, 08:58 AM   #3
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
No.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:00 AM   #4
geggy
Muse

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
No.
You're supposed to read more than just the title of the thread
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:03 AM   #5
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Good lord, are you actually planning to engage in a discussion this time?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:04 AM   #6
geggy
Muse

Good lord you're turning your focus on ME again
Old 11th October 2018, 09:05 AM   #7
Whip
Graduate Poster

No.
[/endthread]..
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:06 AM   #8
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

I did. I simply responded with a proportional amount of factual information to that used in the presentation.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:08 AM   #9
geggy
Muse

I did. I simply responded with a proportional amount of factual information to that used in the presentation.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 12 and rule 0

tell me your opinion on the op written by the authors themswlves

Last edited by zooterkin; 11th October 2018 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11th October 2018, 09:08 AM   #10
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

It is incorrect.

I thought I had already given the strong implication of that answer.

Last edited by zooterkin; 11th October 2018 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11th October 2018, 09:09 AM   #11
geggy
Muse

This thread is going nowhere :thumbs up

Good day
Old 11th October 2018, 09:13 AM   #12
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

It wouldn't have anyway, considering the OP started off with the standard truther tactic of throwing as much crap around as possible and drawing a lot of lines between the splatter marks, as if it proved anything except one's own coprophilia.
Old 11th October 2018, 09:17 AM   #13
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

The authors say nothing about 9/11; you've simply editorialised it yourself as an attempted appeal to motive, and now you're trying to appeal to the authors' authority to support your opinions. So, in fact, your opinions are the focus of the thread.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:31 AM   #14
Allen773
Graduate Poster

What an original opinion.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:56 AM   #15
baron

We know Israel wasn't behind 911. You might as well say the Quakers were behind it, or Martians. It's not a mystery, it's 100% established who did it.
baron is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:03 AM   #16
Belz...
Fiend God

Depends if one considers the OP's body of work or not.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:04 AM   #17
Belz...
Fiend God

How can he tell you anything if he shuts up?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:06 AM   #18
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Yes, the Middle East. And I'm glad you brought it up, geggy. Listen, here's the thing ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:29 AM   #19
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

can you summarize it? NO

another post and run, or what

a lot of, or what
You left out your opinion, or did you miss that.

That is funny, you failed to read your sources and comment.

However, this is the most you have engaged your own thread, albeit off topic, or is it?

Last edited by zooterkin; 11th October 2018 at 02:36 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:34 AM   #20
fagin
Philosopher

Still no.

Very no.

Total no.

Better?
Old 11th October 2018, 10:36 AM   #21
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

It seems like a record, four five posts by geggy in a geggy thread. Is that a record, or what.

wow

Last edited by beachnut; 11th October 2018 at 10:38 AM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:42 AM   #22
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Still no.

Very no.

Total no.

Better?
He was waiting for:

Lo (לא)
Old 11th October 2018, 11:40 AM   #23
Axxman300
Philosopher

So are you, since you started it, and then post something that doesn't come close to supporting your claim.

Also - No, Israel was not behind 9-11.
Old 11th October 2018, 12:15 PM   #24
Childlike Empress
Banned

It seems like these days authors who claim similar things find themselves left alone by the ADL to their own surprise.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 12:16 PM   #25
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I'd be far more interested in a piece NOT written by the authors themselves.

Last edited by zooterkin; 11th October 2018 at 02:36 PM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 06:42 PM   #26
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This nonsense just looks like a variation on "Da joos dun it" nonsense

Obvious nonsense is obvious!

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 06:53 PM   #27
The Big Dog

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
It seems like these days authors who claim similar things find themselves left alone by the ADL to their own surprise.
Yeah, they were totes surprised that they could write after the ADL murderalized them!

Wait...

Da jooos are trying to shut me down!
Nothing happens
Da joos failed!
Nothing happens
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 07:02 PM   #28
Redwood
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It's pretty obvious to any none[sic]-sheeple that The Dolphins were behind 9/11.
Think about it: not a single dolphin was on any of the planes, the World Trade Center or the Pentagon that day.
Coincidence?
I don't think so.
It may have been mice. (See: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) Any building the size of the Twin Towers certainly must have had mice. But has anyone documented that any mice were killed on 9/11?

Last edited by Redwood; 11th October 2018 at 07:04 PM.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 07:10 PM   #29
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

And everybody hates the Jews.

- Tom Lehrer

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 07:39 PM   #30
Venom
Philosopher

There's better circumstantial evidence that Russia was behind 9/11 than Israel.

That's how fanciful this is.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 09:15 PM   #31
ProBonoShill
Master Poster

Can someone please tell me what the copy&pasta trainwreck of an OP has to do with 911?
Old 11th October 2018, 09:43 PM   #32
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

I heard all the Jews in the WTC towers took the day off.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 10:00 PM   #33
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

This thread is going nowhere :thumbs up

Good day
I'm having difficulty in determining where you lifted those quotes from as they seem to lead directly back to this thread. You're likely routing your posts through the dim web.
Old 11th October 2018, 11:34 PM   #34
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Can someone please tell me what the copy&pasta trainwreck of an OP has to do with 911?
Not really.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th October 2018, 11:37 PM   #35
trustbutverify
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Yeah, they were totes surprised that they could write after the ADL murderalized them!
It's a very slow acting poison.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 03:58 AM   #36
Wolrab
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
I heard all the Jews in the WTC towers took the day off.
Except for Mort. Nobody liked Mort.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 07:34 AM   #37
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

propaganda, conspiracy, and hate, oh my

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
How do you find a source from the extreme right filled with propaganda, conspiracy and hate like The Unz Review? I thought David Duke was going to jump out of the page on the screen. It is like CIT, total waste of bits, and bit of Kevin Barrett whining.

That was funny, Kevin Barrett upset about Unz being left alone. No need to attack a website that is the fringe of the fringe.

The Unz Review: An Alternative Media Selection - do they have alt facts like trump, or just plan dumbed down conspiracy theories. Unz is still pushing failed conspiracies about 9/11 - 17 years late, a zombie conspiracy theorist.
Old 12th October 2018, 07:52 AM   #38
Major Major
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
How do you find a source from the extreme right filled with propaganda, conspiracy and hate like The Unz Review? I thought David Duke was going to jump out of the page on the screen. It is like CIT, total waste of bits, and bit of Kevin Barrett whining.

That was funny, Kevin Barrett upset about Unz being left alone. No need to attack a website that is the fringe of the fringe.

The Unz Review: An Alternative Media Selection - do they have alt facts like trump, or just plan dumbed down conspiracy theories. Unz is still pushing failed conspiracies about 9/11 - 17 years late, a zombie conspiracy theorist.
He's branched out, with Kennedy conspiracies and Holocaust Denial.

It's all "see, I'm new to this but I learned so much more than the stupid sheeple know", too. But he doesn't get bogged down in minute arguments about the impact point of a headshot or the depth of penetration of prussian blue staining, no he talks about who gains and who is responsible. Which leaves most of the skeptics lost for an argument.

Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 08:07 AM   #39
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

I read it way back when.

Your interpretation is the result of confirmation bias.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2018, 08:12 AM   #40
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Major Major View Post
He's branched out, with Kennedy conspiracies and Holocaust Denial.

It's all "see, I'm new to this but I learned so much more than the stupid sheeple know", too. But he doesn't get bogged down in minute arguments about the impact point of a headshot or the depth of penetration of prussian blue staining, no he talks about who gains and who is responsible. Which leaves most of the skeptics lost for an argument.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0b47231096.png
exactly

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories