ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:19 PM   #401
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
It wasn't you, it was Bob001, but you jumped into that conversation, so what he said is still relevant.
It's not relevant to what I'm claiming; ask him instead of me.
Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:51 PM   #402
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

It’s hard to imagine anyone who has ever generated as many billable hours for attorneys - on both sides - than Trump.
Old 22nd April 2019, 12:54 PM   #403
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Comedy gold
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:03 PM   #404
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Saudi Arabia and others in OPEC will more than make up the Oil Flow difference in our now Full Sanctions on Iranian Oil. Iran is being given VERY BAD advice by @JohnKerry and people who helped him lead the U.S. into the very bad Iran Nuclear Deal. Big violation of Logan Act?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:05 PM   #405
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Comedy gold: rolleyes :
Wait for it...
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:13 PM   #406
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweeted

Spoke to Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe of Sri Lanka this morning to inform him that the United States stands by him and his country in the fight against terrorism. Also expressed condolences on behalf of myself and the People of the United States!

Spoke to the Prime Minister of Italy, Giuseppe Conte, mostly concerning Immigration, Taxes, Trade, and the Economy of both of our countries. Very good call!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:24 PM   #407
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Are you praising Trump for not having his own opinion and just using what's fed to him?
Read his other posts. There's nothing he can't praise Trump for, or make excuses for him.

Apple is right, this is comedy gold for sure. Watching Zigg twist himself up to do anything and everything he can to excuse any and all behavior by Trump is making me laugh so hard I have tears in my eyes.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 01:36 PM   #408
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweeted

Spoke to Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe of Sri Lanka this morning to inform him that the United States stands by him and his country in the fight against terrorism. Also expressed condolences on behalf of myself and the People of the United States!

Spoke to the Prime Minister of Italy, Giuseppe Conte, mostly concerning Immigration, Taxes, Trade, and the Economy of both of our countries. Very good call!
Most DEFINITELY not written by Trump. Do you expect him to correctly spell the name of the Sri Lankan PM? Fake Tweet!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 02:26 PM   #409
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Trump Tweeted

Had it been written by Trump, he would've tweeted something nonsensical about how they could have prevented the bombs from going off by dumping water on them from planes in the air, and then gone off to write something about how bigly awesome he was.
Old 22nd April 2019, 03:24 PM   #410
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Do you think Republican voters care? Why would they?
Oh I don't know, maybe because Trump goes against every GOP value they claim to have for the last half century?
Old 22nd April 2019, 03:31 PM   #411
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Oh I don't know, maybe because Trump goes against every GOP value they claim to have for the last half century?
Amazing, isn't it? The continued support of Trump by the Republican religious right proves in particular that there is no limit to the disconnect between their previously stated goals and their support of this POS, um POTUS. Just amazing...
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 03:38 PM   #412
The_Animus
Illuminator

Quote:
The head of a far-right New Mexico militia group known for detaining undocumented families at gunpoint has been accused of claiming to train a group to assassinate Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and billionaire Democratic donor George Soros.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...box=1555957693

Quote:
A Washington state Republican politician took part in private discussions with rightwing figures about carrying out surveillance, “psyops” and even violent attacks on perceived political enemies, according to chat records obtained by the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-chat-records
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 03:45 PM   #413
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

I know in his rallies he repeats himself over and over. And he repeats no collusion no obstruction over and over. Even so, his Tweets have sounded like broken records for days on end. Either he has revenge boiling over in ecstasy, or he knows inside that the Mueller report is damaging as hell.

I suspect it's the latter.
It's definitely the latter. In the days immediately following the Barr letter he went on the offensive, demanding resignations and vowing prosecution. This is his "I'm *****d" reaction.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 03:45 PM   #414
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The_Animus View Post
Huge if true.

Potentially more damaging than the Mueller report.
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 03:59 PM   #415
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

We were talking specifically about judicial nominees. Do keep up, dear.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:06 PM   #416
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Every president is a potential catastrophe. It's inherent in any position with that much power.
It's the Cuban missile crises. Trump or Kennedy?
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:08 PM   #417
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Nonsense. Trump has delivered NO RESULTS that any other Republican couldn't also deliver with a majority Congress. In fact I would argue that Trump has delivered much less.

That is unless you mean Trump has delivered a majority Democratic House of Representatives and endless scandal and corruption.
Judges got appointed. Trump does nothing more to get it done than brag about it.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:15 PM   #418
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
If I can't have Kennedy, is that gorilla the zoologists taught sign language to still alive?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd April 2019, 05:43 PM   #419
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
"And that's how we wound up with a Russian missile base at Mar-a-Lago."
Old 22nd April 2019, 07:15 PM   #420
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

There are more of these types out there. Look to them to start acting more as Trump gets more desperate.

Also look to the GOP apologists to blame leftists, antifa, and/or 'invaders' rather than ever admit the Republicans or Trump deserve any blame.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 01:36 AM   #421
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tyr_13 View Post

Also look to the GOP apologists to blame leftists, antifa, and/or 'invaders' rather than ever admit the Republicans or Trump deserve any blame.
I just predict the usual "Democrats can be violent too!!!1".
Old 23rd April 2019, 03:57 AM   #422
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

If I were doing that crap, I’d either do it from a burner phone or at the end of every chat type something along the lines of “I enjoy venting. I’m not really going to go to an Antifa’s child’s day care” or even “for entertainment purposes only.”

But then again, I’m not the kind of guy who thinks we need to prepare for a war between the righteous and the supporters of abortion and same-sex marriage. Or advocating the murder of unarmed people: “If they [abortionist] do not yield, kill all males.” I’m assuming that means the male children as well. It is morally untenable on all levels and it is stupid on all levels.

Last edited by Ladewig; 23rd April 2019 at 04:06 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:06 AM   #423
Worm
Master Poster

Aww damn.

Donald Trump 'set for June state visit to UK'

I forsee protests galore, reappearance of the giant Trump Baby balloon, and massive hyperbole.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:18 AM   #424
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Dear Leader's approval rating appears to have falling to its all time low in the wake of the redacted Mueller Report...

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...report-1286386
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:23 AM   #425
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Paul Krugman, of the Fake News New York Times, has lost all credibility, as has the Times itself, with his false and highly inaccurate writings on me. He is obsessed with hatred, just as others are obsessed with how stupid he is. He said Market would crash, Only Record Highs!

I wonder if the New York Times will apologize to me a second time, as they did after the 2016 Election. But this one will have to be a far bigger & better apology. On this one they will have to get down on their knees & beg for forgiveness-they are truly the Enemy of the People!
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:24 AM   #426
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

trump Tweets

The Radical Left Democrats, together with their leaders in the Fake News Media, have gone totally insane! I guess that means that the Republican agenda is working. Stay tuned for more!

In the “old days” if you were President and you had a good economy, you were basically immune from criticism. Remember, “It’s the economy stupid.” Today I have, as President, perhaps the greatest economy in history...and to the Mainstream Media, it means NOTHING. But it will!
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:25 AM   #427
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Huge if true.

Potentially more damaging than the Mueller report.
Holy Crap.

I'd love to ask Stacyhs what they hell they have been putting in the water up there in the Pacific NW?
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:27 AM   #428
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Sorry to say but @foxandfriends is by far the best of the morning political shows on television. It rightfully has BY FAR the highest ratings, not even close. Morning Psycho (Joe), who helped get me elected in 2016 by having me on (free) all the time, has nosedived, too Angry...

....Dumb and Sick. A really bad show with low ratings - and will only get worse. CNN has been a proven and long term ratings and beyond disaster. In fact, it rewarded Chris Cuomo with a now unsuccessful prime time slot, despite his massive failure in the morning. Only on CNN!
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:28 AM   #429
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“Harley Davidson has struggled with Tariffs with the EU, currently paying 31%. They’ve had to move production overseas to try and offset some of that Tariff that they’ve been hit with which will rise to 66% in June of 2021.” @MariaBartiromo So unfair to U.S. We will Reciprocate!
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:30 AM   #430
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“The best thing ever to happen to Twitter is Donald Trump.” @MariaBartiromo So true, but they don’t treat me well as a Republican. Very discriminatory, hard for people to sign on. Constantly taking people off list. Big complaints from many people. Different names-over 100 M.....

.....But should be much higher than that if Twitter wasn’t playing their political games. No wonder Congress wants to get involved - and they should. Must be more, and fairer, companies to get out the WORD!
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:39 AM   #431
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Music to the ears of GOP voters. I see no danger to Trump whatsoever; support for this kind of stuff provides his GOP and "Christian" bona fides.
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:40 AM   #432
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

US President Donald Trump will make a three-day state visit to the UK from 3 to 5 June, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Mr Trump will be a guest of the Queen and will also have discussions with the prime minister in Downing Street.

Theresa May said the visit was an "opportunity to strengthen our already close relationship".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48020410
Old 23rd April 2019, 04:40 AM   #433
KDLarsen
Illuminator

No surprise it's the same RWNJ who authored a manifesto containing a 'biblical justification for war', calling for non-christian males to be killed unless they turned to fundamentalism.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 05:57 AM   #434
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

trump Tweets

The Radical Left Democrats, together with their leaders in the Fake News Media, have gone totally insane! I guess that means that the Republican agenda is working. Stay tuned for more!

In the “old days” if you were President and you had a good economy, you were basically immune from criticism. Remember, “It’s the economy stupid.” Today I have, as President, perhaps the greatest economy in history...and to the Mainstream Media, it means NOTHING. But it will!
Perhaps the greatest economy in history.

And perhaps not too.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 06:19 AM   #435
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Wall is being rapidly built! The Economy is GREAT! Our Country is Respected again!
Old 23rd April 2019, 06:22 AM   #436
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Trump Tweets

The Wall is being rapidly built! The Economy is GREAT! Our Country is Respected again!
I don't know what he's on today, but I don't want any of it.
Old 23rd April 2019, 07:17 AM   #437
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

In the “old days” if you were President and you had a good economy, you were basically immune from criticism.
Does he know that that statement is not true or does he compartmentalize his mind so much that he actually believes it? Or does he believe it because his opinion of himself is so high that he tells himself that the criticism of him is not just unwarranted, but unprecedented? Or does he believe it because he understands the job so poorly that he believes the only measure of a president’s success is the economy.

ETA:
Nevermind. I just realized the answer is he is such a BS artist that asking whether or not he believes the statement is rather meaningless.

Last edited by Ladewig; 23rd April 2019 at 07:22 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 07:25 AM   #438
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
Holy Crap.

I'd love to ask Stacyhs what they hell they have been putting in the water up there in the Pacific NW?
You have to understand that this state is split both geographically and politically by the Cascade Mountains. Here on the more populous left side, we're liberal. On the right side, they're not. Shea is from Spokane, also home to forum member Baylor, and just a few miles from North Idaho, favorite location for US Nazis until they started preferring Northeast Montana a few years ago.
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:06 AM   #439
Stacyhs
Philosopher

He "saved the world" without one? He truly is the light bringer.

Trump wasn't running for election in 2018.
Didn't you know that?
Trump is ALWAYS running for election.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2019, 09:12 AM   #440
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

Voters follow leaders who deliver results. Trump has been delivering for Republican voters, certainly better than someone like Romney (who had the establishment's approval) was ever able to do. Why should Republican voters conclude Trump was a mistake?
Quote:
Federal judges have ruled against the Trump administration at least 63 times over the past two years, an extraordinary record of legal defeat that has stymied large parts of the president’s agenda on the environment, immigration and other matters.

In case after case, judges have rebuked Trump officials for failing to follow the most basic rules of governance for shifting policy, including providing legitimate explanations supported by facts and, where required, public input.

Many of the cases are in early stages and subject to reversal. For example, the Supreme Court permitted a version of President Trump’s ban on travelers from certain predominantly Muslim nations to take effect after lower-court judges blocked the travel ban as discriminatory.

But regardless of whether the administration ultimately prevails, the rulings so far paint a remarkable portrait of a government rushing to implement far-reaching changes in policy without regard for long-standing rules against arbitrary and capricious behavior.

Matthew Collette, who served as the deputy director of the Justice Department’s Civil Division appellate staff until his departure in October, said that in his 30 years at the department, he had not seen so many losses for a presidential administration in such a short time. “I don’t think there’s any doubt about that,” he said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.c53ef12d86a5

Last edited by Frank Newgent; 23rd April 2019 at 09:17 AM.
Frank Newgent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics