ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 18th August 2019, 07:59 AM   #41
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
That's not reasoning I tend to use.

His past performance indicates that I should not consider his testimony as evidence. It doesn't mean that when he says something involving numbers, I should regard it as false.
There comes a point when you have to change "the benefit of the doubt" from being for a positive to a negative. Given the vast number of lies and inaccuracies in his past statements my default position is that any numbers mentioned by Trump will be outright lies or inaccurate. So for me it does mean that I regard anything he says about numbers as false on a first pass.
Old 18th August 2019, 08:41 AM   #42
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
There comes a point when you have to change "the benefit of the doubt" from being for a positive to a negative. Given the vast number of lies and inaccuracies in his past statements my default position is that any numbers mentioned by Trump will be outright lies or inaccurate. So for me it does mean that I regard anything he says about numbers as false on a first pass.
The figure of 11.5K attendees inside the building comes from the fire marshal. If Trump repeated that figure (and I don't know that he did), then your concern about Trump's veracity doesn't matter much, unless he strong-armed the fire marshal to lie.

Mind, he did something similar back before the election, introducing bogus figures through a fire marshal who was not a fire marshal but an authority for the arena. So, there's always a possibility that the figure is nonetheless bogus.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 09:12 AM   #43
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Isn't hard to find. The Daily Mail seems to be the main source being quoted but... Here's what they reported:
Quote:
  • Trump claimed he broke Elton John's attendance record at a Manchester, New Hampshire arena on Thursday night
  • But the Manchester Fire Marshal's Office told DailyMail.com that it had counted 11,500 people entering the building, and a few more may have slipped in
  • That would break Elton John's 2004 record of 11,300, according to what arena officials told the fire department
Link
So he 'smashed' Elton John's previous record by two hundred out of a crowd of over 11,000. The Mail also reported, "Trump has bent the truth on his crowd-size claims in the past...DailyMail.com saw him send a fake fire marshal out to tell an Arkansas crowd in February 2016 that he had broken ZZ Top's attendance record from 1974. That arena was half-empty, and the 'fire marshal' turned out to be the state fairgrounds facility manager."
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 11:51 AM   #44
Cain
Straussian

Who knew an American president could pack an arena with Americans at an event that had free admission?
Old 18th August 2019, 11:59 AM   #45
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Who knew an American president could pack an arena with Americans at an event that had free admission?
Well Trump sure seems surprised when it happens. Almost like he doesn’t expect it.
Old 18th August 2019, 12:06 PM   #46
Arcade22
Philosopher

Larry Kudlow, Trump's economic adviser, said that Denmark "owns" Greenland. The Danish PM on the other hand explicitly said that Greenland isn't for sale and that it isn't Danish but rather Greenlandic.

Greenland is an autonomous part of the Kingdom of Denmark, but that doesn't mean that Denmark "owns" it.

The best people.
Old 18th August 2019, 12:11 PM   #47
Stacyhs
Philosopher

This is an interesting opinion piece by an ex-Republican who sees Trump for what he is. Not all Republicans are willing to excuse Trump no matter what he does.

Quote:
Trump is getting worse
All of the policy “what about” hypotheticals from my conservative friends are diversions. They’re trying to move the argument to policy to blind us to the reality that President Donald Trump is both unstable and compromised.
Quote:
As I have argued for well over two years, there is plenty of evidence that the president is compromised by our most dedicated enemy. Even before the Mueller report laid bare the degree to which the Trump campaign welcomed Russian help, it was obvious that Trump feared Russian President Vladimir Putin —*not only because Putin knew how much Trump had lied to the American people during the campaign about his dealings with Russia, but likely because Moscow holds Trump’s closest financial secrets after years of shady dealings with Russian oligarchs.
Quote:
Compulsive lying, fantastic and easily refuted claims, base insults*and bizarre public meltdowns, however, are indeed signs of serious emotional problems. President Trump has never been a reasonable man, but for two years, he has gotten worse. He literally cannot tell the truth from a lie; he often seems completely unable to comprehend even basic information, and he flies off the handle in ways that would make most of us take our children to a pediatrician for evaluation.
Quote:
It is a sign of how low we have fallen as a nation that “rational” and “not compromised by an enemy” are now my only two requirements for the office of the president of the United States. Perhaps years of peace and prosperity have made us forget the terrifying responsibilities that attend the presidency, including the stewardship of enough nuclear weapons to blow the northern hemisphere to smithereens.
As long as the Democrats can provide someone who can pass these simple tests, their nominee has my vote.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2013614001/
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 12:15 PM   #48
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

I like his use of the words, "Great News," with an exclamation point, too.
Quote:
Trump tweets: "Great news! Tonight, we broke the all-time attendance record previously held by Elton John at #SNHUArena in Manchester, New Hampshire!"
He sent the tweet after "returning to his New Jersey golf resort." The golf resort where a few months ago they fired all the undocumented immigrants among the employees, some of whom had worked there for more than ten years.

But why is the crowd size 'great news' for the average working American? What does this do for them? Coming from the same guy who announced repeatedly that he was going to implement medical care coverage for all that would be better and cheaper than Obamacare. Then he was heard to say, medical plans were unexpectedly complicated, who knew? What has he done about it? Apparently he has just blown the whole thing off. Screw it, man!

But now Americans can rejoice in the great news that the president outdrew Elton John at a New Hampshire arena. I repeat, strange times we live in.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 12:19 PM   #49
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Well Trump sure seems surprised when it happens. Almost like he doesn’t expect it.
If I recall correctly didn't he used to hire people to be a crowd?
Old 18th August 2019, 12:26 PM   #50
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Donnie is bullet proof among his supporters. And upwards of 90% of people who identify themselves as Republicans when polled are Trump supporters.

Like the guy who was heckled by Trump at the New Hampshire rally, Frank Dawson retired from the U.S. Navy.
Quote:
Standing at a lectern during the rally, Trump broke from his speech to address the demonstrators, singling out Dawson in the crowd. “That guy has got a serious weight problem,” the president said. “Go home, start exercising.” The audience erupted in laughter as he continued, adding, “He’s got a bigger problem than I do.” Link
But Dawson is actually a Trump supporter who was trying to "rip the signs away from those three [protesters] that were sitting near us." How did he react to being singled out by Trump and ridiculed?

Quote:
I love the guy,” he said. “He is the best thing that ever happened to this country.”
Great news, Frank, thanks.
Old 18th August 2019, 12:44 PM   #51
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yes, though he hires a government relations company to then hire the actors.
Old 18th August 2019, 12:47 PM   #52
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

We are doing very well with China, and talking!

Our economy is the best in the world, by far. Lowest unemployment ever within almost all categories. Poised for big growth after trade deals are completed. Import prices down, China eating Tariffs. Helping targeted Farmers from big Tariff money coming in. Great future for USA!

Juan Williams at @FoxNews is so pathetic, and yet when he met me in the Fox Building lobby, he couldn’t have been nicer as he asked me to take a picture of him and me for his family. Yet he is always nasty and wrong!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 12:51 PM   #53
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
This is an interesting opinion piece by an ex-Republican who sees Trump for what he is. Not all Republicans are willing to excuse Trump no matter what he does.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2013614001/
I for one will never vote for anyone who wants to tax used kitty litter! And neither will my cat!
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 01:31 PM   #54
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I for one will never vote for anyone who wants to tax used kitty litter! And neither will my cat!
Is your kitty an elitist?
Old 18th August 2019, 02:11 PM   #55
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweets

Dan Bongino
@dbongino
Everywhere the group ANTIFA (Anti-First Amendment) goes, violence and chaos follows. This is a violent, anti-civil liberties, group of thugs looking to hurt and injure anyone in their way.
Mmm. There's a picture that sums up my response to that. When one "side" is being bad at a rate that's multiple orders of magnitude greater, this is not a both sides issue. There's a particular Bible passage that seems particularly appropriate.

Quote:
Matthew 7:3-5 New International Version (NIV)

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Speaking of which, looks like there's been yet another white supremacist with way too many guns arrested after making it pretty clear that he was planning mass murder.

On the topic of guns, though, I may as well respond to ArchSAS.

Quote:
I was a pretty active shooter way before the age of 10. Every time my dad "bought me" a gun, it was made clear that it wasn't really mine, because I was a kid. That is, functionally, it would have been purchased for me, but it was still kept in my dad's gun safe with the other guns, and the only time I could handle it was at the range and for cleaning. To me that seems like a pretty reasonable approach, as it encourages safe handling and storage.
To be clear, I have no problem with that, either. That's also not a situation that would apply to the NRA complaint in question. My questions were predicated on the case in question actually being validly addressed by Marion's argument, given the sheer disingenuous nature of it. For it to have any meaningful standing, the 10 year old girl in question would need to legally own the gun in question, despite that being largely illegal in my understanding. With that said, though, as I look further, it looks like there's a potential loophole, depending on the state, where private owners can legally gift to those under the age limit to buy for themselves. The jackass part of what I said was more about putting the kids in a position where they're violating the law through no reasonable fault of their own. If that happens to not be the case in that state, then the "jackass" comment doesn't validly apply, though I admit to remaining leery at the wisdom of allowing 10-year olds to own guns in the first place under nearly any circumstances.

Anyways, moving on...

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Donnie is bullet proof among his supporters. And upwards of 90% of people who identify themselves as Republicans when polled are Trump supporters.
Speaking of which... On the turnout for 2018 -

Quote:
The explanation, of course, is that it was this giant turnout of core constituencies, that either are Democrats or favor Democrats — they’re independents who favor Democrats — and they have a huge turnout explosion. So it's not the same pool of voters changing their minds and voting Democrat after voting Republican because of the issue of health care. It's a whole different pool of voters.

They might have many reasons that they cite, and probably this is not the reason they would cite. But what made them enraged and show up is Trump Inc., the negative partisanship. I don't know why Nancy Pelosi, the DCCC or many of these moderate members are convinced that moderate Republicans crossed over and voted for them. I have the data for some of these districts and the data tells a very different, very clear story: If Republicans voted in huge numbers, they voted for Republicans.
Again, it's likely worth remembering that it wasn't a story of Republicans or even "swing voters" crossing over. It wasn't a story of Republicans staying home. It was a story of both Democrat-leaning folk and Republican-leaning folk turning out in huge numbers and Democrats overwhelming the Republicans in fair part because Democrat-leaning folk are much more numerous.

Next! WH officials look at executive privilege for Lewandowski, who never worked at the White House

Because of course they would, given how wildly they're abusing and misusing the privilege.
Old 18th August 2019, 03:51 PM   #56
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
One of ours is, perched up there on her ivory colored, well, counter.
Old 18th August 2019, 04:13 PM   #57
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

House Democrats want to take action against Israel because it is fighting back against two (maybe four) people that have said unthinkably bad things about it & the Israeli people. Dems have such disdain for Israel! What happened? AOC Plus 4 is the new face of the Democrat Party!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 04:26 PM   #58
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

House Democrats want to take action against Israel because it is fighting back against two (maybe four) people that have said unthinkably bad things about it & the Israeli people. Dems have such disdain for Israel! What happened? AOC Plus 4 is the new face of the Democrat Party!
AOC plus 4? Four?

Clever lad, that one.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 04:42 PM   #59
shemp

He counts with his balls, so he can't count past 1.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 05:01 PM   #60
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

AOC plus 4? Four?

Clever lad, that one.
Plus fours were golfing pants

https://www.google.com/search?q=plus...VJeXHWgowoApM:
Old 18th August 2019, 05:07 PM   #61
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Several times in fact; most notably during his original campaign announcement, and during his early-term visit to CIA headquarters.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 05:11 PM   #62
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Does this idiot do anything but golf, tweet, and attend self-promoting rallies? What a waste of space.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 05:22 PM   #63
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Isn't hard to find. The Daily Mail seems to be the main source being quoted but... Here's what they reported:
So he 'smashed' Elton John's previous record by two hundred out of a crowd of over 11,000.
I was at an Elton John concert a few years back. Despite it being a 'sell out', there were large parts of the stadium seating blocked off, because it would have been behind the stage (and blocked by equipment.) And furthermore, there was seating on the floor, but it did not take up the whole arena surface since they needed space for the stage.

When Trump appears at a venue, he usually has people seated behind him (gotta have those token minorities some where...) And since his 'stage' is likely smaller (no need for a piano, or backup musicians), there is more space for floor seating. This means he could (in theory) fit more people into a stadium than Elton John, but its not a very impressive feat simply because there are more seats available.

Oh, and as other posters have pointed out:
- Trump was free to see; Elton John tickets cost money
- The Elton John concert that Stubby McBonespurs was comparing his rally with was YEARS ago. Given general population growth, there are more people total in the U.S. Getting 10,000 from a population of (for example) 1 million is harder than getting 11,000 from a population of 2 million.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 05:23 PM   #64
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Does this idiot do anything but golf, tweet, and attend self-promoting rallies? What a waste of space.
Give him due credit: he also watches a lot of television.
Old 18th August 2019, 05:54 PM   #65
Tero
Graduate Poster

No nick name for Elton? He's slipping.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 05:57 PM   #66
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The background between Elton and Donnie. Trump used lot of Elton's music during the 2016 campaign (without permission) :
Quote:
"I don't really want my music to be involved in anything to do with an American election campaign. I'm British," said John. "I've met Donald Trump, he was very nice to me, it's nothing personal, his political views are his own, mine are very different, I'm not a Republican in a million years." John then suggested (complete with expletives) that Trump call on Ted Nugent. Adding rocket fuel (sorry) to the fire, John reportedly referred to Trump as "a barbarian" while performing at a fundraiser for candidate Hillary Clinton... Link
Quote:
After the election was won, Anthony Scaramucci, then a member of the presidential transition team, told the BBC, "Elton John is going to be doing our concert on the Mall for the inauguration."
"
Again, nobody bothered to run this by Elton.
Quote:
"He will NOT be performing at Trump's Inauguration!" wrote John's publicist Fran Curtis in an email to CNN at the time.
Old 18th August 2019, 06:19 PM   #67
Belz...
Fiend God

Ex-Republican doesn't count. It's the ones in Congress that have to stand up to him.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 06:19 PM   #68
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post

All kitties are elitists.

It's a cat thing.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 06:41 PM   #69
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

So let me get this straight...

The Trump criteria for being a great president is that he had a few hundred more free hangers-on attend one of his rallies in 2019 than Elton John had paid customers at his 2004 concert at the same venue. On the word of some unnamed fire-marshal, and Trump has been caught out previously lying about attendance figures through a fake fire-marshal.

Is that about where we are?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 07:21 PM   #70
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Ex-Republican doesn't count. It's the ones in Congress that have to stand up to him.
True. The ones with any ethics have already spoken out against Trump or left the party. Those that remain and/or are silent are either idiots, cowards, bigots, racists, and/or only concerned with re-election.
Old 18th August 2019, 07:22 PM   #71
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post

The Trump criteria for being a great president is that he had a few hundred more free hangers-on attend one of his rallies in 2019 than Elton John had paid customers at his 2004 concert at the same venue. On the word of some unnamed fire-marshal, and Trump has been caught out previously lying about attendance figures through a fake fire-marshal.

Well, it's not like Trump has a history of claiming his crowds are bigger than other crowds for the same event.
Old 18th August 2019, 07:26 PM   #72
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

In any case, the fire marshal claims (allegedly?) that it was the largest crowd in the arena. He seems to be a guy who would know, more 'n likely, and I will take his word for it until I see reason not to. A photo like that is poor evidence compared to the fire marshal's assessment.
I won't. A fire marshal claiming capacity should be in reference to max capacity for safety, which would include the obstructed view. Also, there is the fact that many people will lie just to make it appear that Trump is more popular than Trump is.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 07:28 PM   #73
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Trump has claimed that to have sold out of tickets for these free events in the past.....
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 07:33 PM   #74
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Close, aside from the "unnamed fire marshal" bit. He was named in an article in the Daily Mail. This is evidently an actual fire marshal.
Old 18th August 2019, 07:57 PM   #75
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Well, I guess that's better than the alternative...

From: https://time.com/5654772/shell-union...speech-no-pay/
Union workers at a Royal Dutch Shell’s manufacturing facility in western Pennsylvania were told that they had to attend President Donald Trump’s speech on Tuesday – or take the day off without pay...

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 08:10 PM   #76
Arcade22
Philosopher

Apparently Trump thinks it would be a great real estate investment to buy Greenland and pay the roughly 700 million dollars the Danish are now giving away every year.

America will have long ceased to exist by the time it would have even been close to making a net profit.
Old 18th August 2019, 08:24 PM   #77
shemp

Yes, that sums it up quite nicely, thank you for keeping score.
Old 18th August 2019, 10:22 PM   #78
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Close, aside from the "unnamed fire marshal" bit. He was named in an article in the Daily Mail. This is evidently an actual fire marshal.
Yes, I read how he "estimated" the capacities rather than actually counting heads too. So a couple of hundred difference out of 11,000+ is only a few percent. So he could have been out by a much bigger margin. But as you say, even if he was spot-on, what the effing hell does it matter!

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Yes, that sums it up quite nicely, thank you for keeping score.
So could you say...

Donald Trump Totally Copied Elton John???
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2019, 10:31 PM   #79
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Exchange love letters with Kim? Point to names on the lists of judges that are handed to him by far right activists? Eat Big Macs? Fantasize about Putin and Ivanka?

Anyways, moving on to the random news. Something that I missed, apparently.

'Straight-Up Cruel': Trump Administration Condemned for Canceling Education, Recreation, and Legal Services for Detained Migrant Children

Quote:
Human rights advocates responded with outrage Wednesday to the Trump administration's decision to start canceling education, recreation, and legal services for unaccompanied migrant children in federal shelters across the country, purportedly because of high detention rates and low funds.

"It's bad enough that the Trump administration is trying to normalize the warehousing of children. It's unconscionable that they would so blatantly try to strip them of their rights," Denise Bell, a researcher for refugee and migrant rights at Amnesty International USA, said in a statement."Locking up children and then denying them legal aid, education, and even playtime is all part of this administration's cruel efforts to dehumanize people who have come to the U.S. seeking safety," she added. "Children's human rights must be protected by ensuring they receive proper care while in government custody and are released as soon as possible."

Bell's comments came after U.S. Health and Human Services spokesman Mark Weber confirmed to The Washington Post that the Office of Refugee Resettlement had begun discontinuing the funding for activities deemed "not directly necessary for the protection of life and safety, including education services, legal services, and recreation."
This is worse than when the Japanese were put into concentration camps. Much worse, now. Those who aid and abet the Republicans doing this are complicit.
Old 19th August 2019, 01:26 AM   #80
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Oliver McGee PhD MBA
@OliverMcGee
@POTUS isn't RACIST when @Prince wrote @realDonaldTrumpBlack Version!
Donald Trump: Black Version
Maybe that's WHAT YOU NEED
A man that fulfills YOUR EVERY WISH
YOUR EVERY DREAM
Donald Trump: Black Version
COME ON TAKE A CHANCE
A 2020 @WhiteHouse
A Real Bromance!

Retweet The Lies, False Facts & Fake News of @CNNs @Acostaon @POTUS!
Raise Your Hand if you LOVE @realDonaldTrumphas SHUTOFF the @WhiteHouse
@PressSec Briefing Cameras & KICKED THE PRESS OUTSIDE next to a Buzzing Marine One Helicopter!

Where's Acosta @AprilDRyan on the Lawn?

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 19th August 2019 at 01:28 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics