ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 20th August 2019, 03:19 PM   #281
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Maybe it's time they reconsidered their political affiliations, since their party only seems to produce candidates that are either directly hostile towards their own interests, or merely tolerates them simply because there's nothing to gain from undermining them.

The only reason evangelical Christians are not focusing on bashing LGBT individuals and agitating against their freedoms is because it would be politically unpopular throughout much of the country.
More of the GOP pretending to want government out of the people's business ... as long as the government is promoting white Christian extremist values of course. It's OK for the government to get in everyone else's business.
Old 20th August 2019, 03:21 PM   #282
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Right. Heart attack or murder. No difference..
If one is measuring for a casket there's no difference.
Old 20th August 2019, 03:28 PM   #283
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Trump says Jews who support the Democrats are showing "great disloyalty".
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 03:29 PM   #284
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I think that Belz's comment that this is different than a rent-a-crowd should be uncontroversial. It's similar in some ways, but it's different in that these folk would be giving up their usual pay if they don't attend, rather than getting bonus pay for attending.
They are paid to work, the work they were doing that day was attending. It doesn't require a bonus, normal pay calculation or anything. All it requires is that you are paid while you simply attend. Further, in paying also gives the company/union a say in their actions during that attendance (no disruption). Thus framing it as just normal pay attempts to hide what they were specifically being paid to do that day, attend and not disrupt.
Old 20th August 2019, 03:33 PM   #285
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
It can’t?

The money didn’t come out of President Trump’s pocket, did it?
President Trump didn’t decide that these people should be plaplaced in this position, did he?

I have a hard time placing this in top 300 most discussion-worthy comments and actions from DJT.
Well that in and of itself, "The money didn’t come out of President Trump’s pocket" or from the campaign, may make this a campaign contribution.
Old 20th August 2019, 03:36 PM   #286
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
They're not entirely different. In both cases someone died.

That was the point I was trying to make. Sure, something important is the same between the two scenarios. But the meat of what's going on, which I would consider to be more important both in the analogy and in real life, is quite different. Seriously, I don't know why not everyone sees this, especially since I've explained it in every way I could think of.

But I'll repeat: if McHrozni says "Trump (or his rich backers) are paying people to attend his rallies." I don't expect it to mean "factory workers are forced to attend Trump's speech during work hours lest they are denied their pay." It's misleading at best.
But see the problem is in order to be paying someone more to attend than not to attend you have to be paying them to attend in the first place. Heck, you could be paying them the same to attend as to not attend but that's still paying people to attend.

ETA: Just to clarify the point, I think this is egregiously worse than simply paying someone off the street to attend. Pay me, just off the street, to attend and that's extra money I never would have gotten. If I don't like what's going on I can say so, perhaps get kicked out, not get paid or even have someone take a swing at me. For the workers it was attend or you don't get what you were planning on and perhaps need. If you speak out or disrupt you put your job and career at risk as well perhaps get kicked out, not get paid or even have someone take a swing at you. Plenty more ******** than just paying people to attend.

Last edited by The Man; 20th August 2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: eta & typos
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 04:29 PM   #287
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Legally, no, he doesn't.
If you are a public figure in the US, and Tlaib is certainly that, Libel is almost impossible to prove.
And what Trump said about Tlaib is no worse then what a lot of people are saying about Trump.
They don't have to legally produce Proof, and neither does Donny.
Still INHO the POTUS should simply not stoop to that level.
I would think by now it’s abundantly clear Trump has never wanted to be president, but rather wants the presidency to be “Trump”.
Old 20th August 2019, 04:34 PM   #288
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I am so not surprised.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 04:36 PM   #289
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Well, any American who supports or votes for Trump is disloyal to our nation.

Trump supporters, they're just not like us; they aren't real Americans.

Last edited by Craig4; 20th August 2019 at 04:39 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 04:38 PM   #290
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

That is how Trump has lived his whole life.
In 2016 the electorate gave the keys to the Airbus to a guy who only knows how to make zooming and whoosh noises.
Old 20th August 2019, 05:05 PM   #291
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
In 2016 the electorate gave the keys to the Airbus to a guy who only knows how to make zooming and whoosh noises.
https://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/...mage/image.jpg
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:08 PM   #292
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Gives him too much credit. Does anyone really think he would actually read the manual and not just start punching buttons randomly?
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:10 PM   #293
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....

....The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:17 PM   #294
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time....

....The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!
I'm sure the PM and the Danes are just heartbroken.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:29 PM   #295
Minoosh
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Good on the prime minister not wasting money but I don't think that's the real reason he canceled.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:47 PM   #296
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

He is postponing their meeting because she won't talk about sheer fantasy and apparently there was nothing else to talk about.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 05:54 PM   #297
Arcade22
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

Well, isn't it a shame folks? America won't be buying a barren icehole populated by suicidal innuits. What an unfortunate turn of events,
Old 20th August 2019, 06:00 PM   #298
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Who exactly does he think they're being "disloyal" to?

The assumption is Trump was referring to Israel, but last time I checked, Israel was a separate country from the U.S., and being a citizen of one did not automatically make you a citizen of the other.

While speaking to the Republican Jewish Coalition in Las Vegas earlier this year, he referred to Netanyahu as "your Prime Minster". Apparently, all Jews are part of Israel.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:07 PM   #299
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Wait. Was that really the purpose of the meeting?

Holy cow. I just thought he had a meeting planned and the news about Greenland was mostly coincidental. Do you suppose that until the news broke, the Danes had no idea he wanted to meet in order to talk real estate?

Well, some people went to a lot of trouble to transport the baby balloon for nothing.

To partially answer some of my own questions or maybe to muddy the waters, from WaPo:

Quote:
Trump had been scheduled to visit Denmark in two weeks. He said Sunday that his visit was not related to his interest in Greenland.

“Not for this reason at all,” he said.

Last edited by phiwum; 20th August 2019 at 06:16 PM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:09 PM   #300
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
So how to fix the economy and head off an upcoming recession?

Why, Tax cuts of course!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/polit...omy/index.html
...officials have discussed the possibility of a potential payroll tax cut to stave off anxiety over an economic slowdown in recent days.

Admittedly, a payroll tax cut would be better than what the republicans did last time (largely corporate tax cuts and estate tax cuts), it would still drive up the deficit even more, and the U.S. would still have to deal with certain infrastructure problems.
Let me rip the bandaid off of "payroll tax cut" right now.

What are your payroll taxes?

Social Security and Medicare.

It doesn't do squat to the deficit, as these are entirely compartmentalized components of the budget. The Social Security Trust fund takes your payroll taxes and buys Special Issue Treasury Bonds. This is an instrument solely available to the SSTF and conversely, the only instrument the SSTF may use (attempts to allow them to sell them into a secondary market have been tried, though). It's there to keep up with inflation and completely isolate the economic risk. If the treasury defaulted on an SITB, the dollar would basically not exist, so our retirement program would kinda be #7,514 on the priority list of things going wrong.

This is the forked-tongue truth of the argument that the trust fund is full of "IOUs that Congress already spent" because yeah, essentially the Trust Fund is loaning the government money. Just like the footprint of every bank is filled with Treasury Securities as collateral for capital to fund daily operations. As I said, if we start defaulting on this stuff, you'd better have your bunker stocked.

Also, your payroll taxes are matched by your employer. Unless it's decoupling the funding, it sounds like a cut for workers, but it's exactly the same cut for the owners.

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 20th August 2019 at 06:26 PM.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:09 PM   #301
carlitos
"más divertido"

Trump Tweets

Indistinguishable from parody.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:12 PM   #302
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Let me rip the bandaid off of "payroll tax cut" right now.

What are your payroll taxes?

Social Security and Medicare.

It doesn't do squat to the deficit, as these are entirely compartmentalized components of the budget. The Social Security Trust fund takes your payroll taxes and buys Special Issue Treasury Bonds. This is an instrument solely available to the SSTF and conversely, the only instrument the SSTF may use (attempts to allow them to sell them into a secondary market have been tried, though). It's basically to keep up with inflation and completely isolate the economic risk. Basically if the treasury defaulted on an SITB, the dollar would basically not exist, so our retirement program would kinda be #7,514 on the priority list of things going wrong.

This is the forked-tongue truth of the argument that the trust fund is full of "IOUs that Congress already spent" because yeah, essentially the Trust Fund is loaning the government money. Just like the footprint of every bank is filled with Treasury Securities as collateral for capital to fund daily operations. As I said, if we start defaulting on this stuff, you'd better have your bunker stocked.
When Obama lowered the payroll tax temporarily, he increased the deficit to put money into the trust funds and make up for the lost investment, if I understand correctly. So lowering payroll tax may be paired with an increase of the deficit -- or a diminishment of the Social Security trust.

This is all from memory of a recent WaPo article, so take it with a grain of salt and forgive any misuse of terminology.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:19 PM   #303
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

This is unfair. He allowed that they could be displaying "a total lack of knowledge".

So not all Jews who support Democrats are disloyal. Some of them may be stupid.
Old 20th August 2019, 06:27 PM   #304
Delphic Oracle
Illuminator

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
When Obama lowered the payroll tax temporarily, he increased the deficit to put money into the trust funds and make up for the lost investment, if I understand correctly. So lowering payroll tax may be paired with an increase of the deficit -- or a diminishment of the Social Security trust.

This is all from memory of a recent WaPo article, so take it with a grain of salt and forgive any misuse of terminology.
Interesting mechanism there and I'm glad that kind of foresight helped. I now see also that employer/employee rates were decoupled under that scheme, too.

So as they say, the devil is in the details on whether that will be true again.

But there's also a part of the whole thing that seems like it's a lot of rearranging deck chairs to just end up with the same conclusion.

Last edited by Delphic Oracle; 20th August 2019 at 06:29 PM.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:45 PM   #305
Arcade22
Philosopher

Basically what he's doing, intentionally or unintentionally, is making support of Israel a partisan issue. I note here that this is probably not a good thing as far as Israel is concerned, because it means that Democrats would be far more willing to act against them, simply to take a political position opposite that of Trump and the GOP.

If the goal is to try and take Jewish voters from the Democrats it might work, to some degree. However many American Jews are not supportive of the current Israeli government and the direction the country has been going, and this might even just make them even more hostile.

Last edited by Arcade22; 20th August 2019 at 06:46 PM.
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 06:46 PM   #306
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
Basically what he's doing, intentionally or unintentionally, is making support of Israel a partisan issue.
I don't think there's any question. He is doing this intentionally.

I know there's an awful lot of things he does that might be intentional, might not, but this one seems pretty clear to me.
Old 20th August 2019, 07:00 PM   #307
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Trump Tweets

Holy mother of **** he was actually serious about it.

My god, when will this nightmare end?
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:01 PM   #308
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

He is postponing their meeting because she won't talk about sheer fantasy and apparently there was nothing else to talk about.
Or, much more likely, calling the idea stupid offended the 'wiwil snowflake'.

In addition, he's bound to know the press will ask him embarrassing questions about his ignorant comment and his ignorance of global warming.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 20th August 2019 at 07:05 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:13 PM   #309
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Trump Tweets

Spoke to my two good friends, Prime Minister Modi of India, and Prime Minister Khan of Pakistan, regarding Trade, Strategic Partnerships and, most importantly, for India and Pakistan to work towards reducing tensions in Kashmir. A tough situation, but good conversations!
He's really pimping for that Nobel Peace Prize nomination, isn't he? He's been told by both India and Pakistan that he has no place in any talks concerning Kashmir. He threw out an offer to China to help work out a solution to the HK demonstrations. China ignored him.

Why would anyone want to get this clueless lout involved in discussions any more complicated than "So what'll we serve, Chocolate or Vanilla"?

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:25 PM   #310
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Indistinguishable from parody.
I'm sure I've seen that position somewhere before...

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
My god, when will this nightmare end?
January 2025.

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Why would anyone want to get this clueless lout involved in discussions any more complicated than "So what'll we serve, Chocolate or Vanilla"?
You might need to re-think that a little - his tactics seem to working brilliantly with KJU. Trump has gone from threatening annihilation to exchanging love letters as Kim fires missiles into the ocean.
Old 20th August 2019, 07:25 PM   #311
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

This is the quote NBC News reported:
Quote:
"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty, alright?" Link
Before anyone jumps to defend poor misunderstood Donnieboy, they might want to mull this over. From the same report:
Quote:
Halie Soifer, Executive Director of Jewish Democratic Council of America, called Trump's comments "yet another example of Donald Trump continuing to weaponize and politicize anti-Semitism. At a time when anti-Semitic incidents have increased — due to the president's emboldening of white nationalism — Trump is repeating an anti-Semitic trope," she said in a statement.
It's all becoming very dangerous. Too much.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:35 PM   #312
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
He's really pimping for that Nobel Peace Prize nomination, isn't he? He's been told by both India and Pakistan that he has no place in any talks concerning Kashmir. He threw out an offer to China to help work out a solution to the HK demonstrations. China ignored him.
He's getting increasingly desperate for some kind of unassailable legacy.
Checkmite is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:37 PM   #313
Checkmite

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
You might need to re-think that a little - his tactics seem to working brilliantly with KJU. Trump has gone from threatening annihilation to exchanging love letters as Kim fires missiles into the ocean.
Kim has always been firing missiles into the ocean; Trump's "tactics" have not had a meaningful effect on the situation.
Old 20th August 2019, 07:39 PM   #314
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
This ^

Bottom line, Some people at some Trump rallies are entice coerced with compensation to attend.
Fixed that for you.

And I'm once again reminded to maintain my policy of not arguing with Argumemnon. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.
Old 20th August 2019, 07:39 PM   #315
Stacyhs
Philosopher

He's getting increasingly desperate for some kind of unassailable legacy.
He's got an unassailable legacy: the most verified lies told by any US president. A record that will quite likely stand for a long, long time (if not forever).
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:42 PM   #316
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Kim has always been firing missiles into the ocean; Trump's "tactics" have not had a meaningful effect on the situation.
Trump claims they have.
Old 20th August 2019, 07:52 PM   #317
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

More reaction, from a Times of Israel news story:
Quote:
"Jews have had a long history of being in countries where we are accused of being disloyal,” said Aaron Keyak, former head of the National Jewish Democratic Council and a veteran political operative. “These sorts of attacks are dangerous, reckless, and wrong. Just because President Trump is deeply unpopular in our community is no reason to slander us with echos of some of the most insidious attacks against our people. We’ve seen where this road has led before.” Link
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 07:52 PM   #318
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

As it happens, I've been off on a trip and almost (but not quite) news-free for nearly two weeks, purposely avoiding any news. But as it happens, the trip was to Baffin Island and Greenland, and news travels fast. Within a day of the news first appearing, I spotted the following stencil in Sisimiut:
sisimiut graffito.jpg

A little ditty occurred to me on the flight home, and if I can read my jittery jottings, it goes like this:

When Greenland's Icy Mountains thaw,
The plaintive plea goes forth:
We need a better tourist draw.
Please send the Donald North!

As soon as daddy seals the deals,
To build casinos, links and diners,
Ivanka Trump can deal in seals-
kin handbags sewn in China.

For polar bears don't waste your tears,
For when the final curtain falls,
We'll bag their bones as souvenirs,
And sell them in the malls.

When Inuit, no longer frozen,
Come in cheering from the cold,
They'll caddy for the touring pros and
Paint their quaint old dogsleds gold.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)

Last edited by bruto; 20th August 2019 at 07:54 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2019, 08:26 PM   #319
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
As it happens, I've been off on a trip and almost (but not quite) news-free for nearly two weeks, purposely avoiding any news. But as it happens, the trip was to Baffin Island and Greenland, and news travels fast. Within a day of the news first appearing, I spotted the following stencil in Sisimiut:
Attachment 40569

A little ditty occurred to me on the flight home, and if I can read my jittery jottings, it goes like this:

When Greenland's Icy Mountains thaw,
The plaintive plea goes forth:
We need a better tourist draw.
Please send the Donald North!

As soon as daddy seals the deals,
To build casinos, links and diners,
Ivanka Trump can deal in seals-
kin handbags sewn in China.

For polar bears don't waste your tears,
For when the final curtain falls,
We'll bag their bones as souvenirs,
And sell them in the malls.

When Inuit, no longer frozen,
Come in cheering from the cold,
They'll caddy for the touring pros and
Paint their quaint old dogsleds gold.
That's excellent.
Old 20th August 2019, 08:37 PM   #320
Checkmite

Interesting bit of news that got buried: at the same event at which he accused Democrat-voting Jews of "disloyalty", just before that statement grabbed all the press; apparently Trump conceded that there might be a "small, two-month recession" on the way, but that it's okay because it's necessary in order to ultimately win the trade war. This despite him and his advisers in recent days expounding that there's absolutely no evidence of an impending recession.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics