ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Clinton conspiracies , DNC conspiracies , fox news , Julian Assange , media criticism , newt gingrich , Rod Wheeler , Seth Rich , wikileaks

Old 22nd May 2017, 04:43 AM   #41
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
This is why Trump is president.
Hurling insults did work really well for him.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 05:57 AM   #42
zorro99
Muse

Breaking: ‘Complete Panic’ at Highest Levels of DNC Over Kim DotCom’s Seth Rich Announcement

Carter May 21st, 2017 9:28 pm 655 Comments

Saturday, an anonymous person who works in Washington DC, alleged on 4Chan’s /pol/ subgroup that high-ranking current and former Democratic Party officials are terrified of the Seth Rich murder investigation.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...investigation/

Complete panic
Old 22nd May 2017, 06:32 AM   #43
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Breaking: ‘Complete Panic’ at Highest Levels of DNC Over Kim DotCom’s Seth Rich Announcement

Carter May 21st, 2017 9:28 pm 655 Comments

Saturday, an anonymous person who works in Washington DC, alleged on 4Chan’s /pol/ subgroup that high-ranking current and former Democratic Party officials are terrified of the Seth Rich murder investigation.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...investigation/

Complete panic
Don't link the stupidest man on the internet. This entire conspiracy also ignores that the DCCC and John Podesta were also hacked.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 06:39 AM   #44
zorro99
Muse

Has anyone on that side thought to ask Trump's Attorney General Jeff Sessions to investigate?
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:00 AM   #45
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-dnc-staffer/

This is one of the reasons why American politics is so terrible and if not completely irredeemable. The extreme level of stupidity that Fox News and other right-wing propaganda outlets disseminate is one of the major reasons why someone as stupid, flawed and completely unqualified as Trump could win the presidency.

White trash Americans, or "working whites" as they like to call themselves, are dumb yet don't realize how stupid they are. They are suspicious, cynical and jaded yet still swallow the lies and false promises of someone like Trump hook, line and sinker.

I encourage you to continue to trumpet how stupid working class white Americans are, and how irredeemable they are, and how they need to be ended for America to make progress. Please do so ever more loudly as the 2018 and 2020 elections approach. Do not be shy about it.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:01 AM   #46
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Beerina View Post
I encourage you to continue to trumpet how stupid working class white Americans are, and how irredeemable they are, and how they need to be ended for America to make progress. Please do so ever more loudly as the 2018 and 2020 elections approach. Do not be shy about it.
Because you hate working class white people and want politicians engaged in all-out assault against their interests to continue to be elected?

You know, what was really holding working class white people back was Federal Work Study. Let's slash that!!
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:44 AM   #47
Lithrael
Graduate Poster

Because having most of the population living constantly stressed to the nines over their basic survival is ok because otherwise the job creators aren't able to improve the economy and people would be discouraged from working hard if they were poor because handouts and if they were rich because denied the fruits of their labor

Because it discourages people who have resources from taking risks with their assets that would improve the economy, if they make **** pots of money they'll pay a lot of taxes on it

So why would they bother then

I think that's the kernel of the economic part of the argument

If someone could explain to me why companies showing great profits don't raise its workers' pay rates? The usual answer reads to me like 'we can't be the only one to do that, it'd put us at a disadvantage' and then I don't see why we can't just say everyone has to do that. Just like having to clean up water before you dump it in a waterway.

Last edited by Lithrael; 22nd May 2017 at 09:46 AM. Reason: ETA: derail, sorry, whoops
Lithrael is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:01 AM   #48
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post

White trash Americans, or "working whites" as they like to call themselves,
White trash Americans like to call themselves "working whites?" Do tell. Let's see the evidence.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:59 AM   #49
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
There is a deception industry selling conspiracy theories. It doesn't matter how outlandish. And their customers are InfoWars, Breitbart, Fox and right wing talk radio shows. There probably are something equivalent on the left, but I can't think of it.
Check out the story of Mike Connell sometime:

Quote:
Federal investigators are looking into a small plane crash in Ohio which claimed the life of its pilot, a Republican media consultant who was instrumental in the presidential and gubernatorial campaigns of three members of the Bush Family. Michael Connell,45, of Akron died Friday when his plane crashed near a vacant house in Uniontown while attempting to land at nearby Akron-Canton Airport.
In this case, the conspiracy theory was pushed by CBS News:

Quote:
But the fatal accident is also raising questions about Connell and his work for key political figures and lobbyists, which has targeted him in investigations over missing White House e-mails and a lawsuit alleging electronic voting fraud.

Following Last Friday's fatal accident, CBS Affiliate WOIO reported that Connell, who had recently been subpoenaed to testify in relation to a lawsuit alleging vote rigging in the 2004 Ohio election, was warned at least twice about flying his plane because his plane might be sabotaged.

Quoting an anonymous close friend of Connell's, WOIO correspondent Blake Chenault also reported that twice in the past two months Connell, who was an experienced pilot, canceled flights because of suspicious problems with his plane.
Spread by the equivalents of Breitbart on the left, like the Huffington Post, Raw Story, Alternet, etc.

Last edited by Brainster; 22nd May 2017 at 12:02 PM.
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:35 PM   #50
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Check out the story of Mike Connell sometime:

In this case, the conspiracy theory was pushed by CBS News:

Spread by the equivalents of Breitbart on the left, like the Huffington Post, Raw Story, Alternet, etc.
That's cute. Such a hard push from the left that its little more than two sentences in his wikipedia entry. False equivelancy here as I've seen Mumia conpsiracy theories with more traction than this.

Talk to me when this gets to Pizzagate levels.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:45 PM   #51
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
That's cute. Such a hard push from the left that its little more than two sentences in his wikipedia entry. False equivelancy here as I've seen Mumia conpsiracy theories with more traction than this.

Talk to me when this gets to Pizzagate levels.
It is not comparable to Pizzagate. But it is comparable to this Seth Rich story.
Brainster is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:01 PM   #52
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
It is not comparable to Pizzagate. But it is comparable to this Seth Rich story.
I'm still not very impressed. Obviously the left just doesn't have its heart in starting conspiracy theories. I mean, they have them, sure, but they sure don't put much effort into spreading them.

With the right it is almost an industry.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2017, 01:03 PM   #53
Stacko
Philosopher

How One Pro-Trump Site Keeps A Debunked Conspiracy Theory Alive

Quote:
In July, a few days before the Wikileaks release of thousands of DNC emails, Rich, was killed in what police says was an attempted robbery. Far-right conspiracy theorists have claimed Rich was the leaker, and his killing was ordered by the Clintons in retaliation.

For the last week, the story has dominated far-right media — even as it's dismissed, debunked, and ignored by the mainstream, and despite a series of bombshells regarding the potential ties between Donald Trump and Russia. To better understand how the pro-Trump media keeps a conspiracy theory alive in the face of overwhelming evidence against it, it's instructive to look at one of its most popular blogs, The Gateway Pundit.

The Gateway Pundit is a pro-Trump site run out of St. Louis, Missouri by long-time blogger Jim Hoft. The site reaches a wide audience — Hoft claimed that during the 2016 campaign, it was pulling down over one million unique views a day. The site has a reporter who regularly attends White House press briefings. Outside of its readership, Gateway Pundit is maybe best known for reporting on and pushing sensationalized claims and rumors that get picked up on bigger sites like the Drudge Report. Some of its greatest hits: that Hillary Clinton was having seizures during the campaign, that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery, and that illegal voting cost Trump the popular vote.
Old 23rd May 2017, 06:50 AM   #54
zorro99
Muse

Fox News Staffers ‘Embarrassed’ by Hannity’s Conspiracy Theory Crusade
ANDREW KIRELL
ASAWIN SUEBSAENG
05.22.17 5:30 PM ET

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...theory-crusade
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:14 AM   #55
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Fox News Staffers ‘Embarrassed’ by Hannity’s Conspiracy Theory Crusade
ANDREW KIRELL
ASAWIN SUEBSAENG
05.22.17 5:30 PM ET

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...theory-crusade
Is the Daily Beast at all trustworthy? I don't doubt things are rough at FOx with all their scandals, but would any of them really give a damn about the truth as long as it hurt the Democrats? They've already pile-driven through the parents wishes with nary a care. After all, this stuff obviously works for their viewship.

If the sources are accurate then they really have a bunch of moral cowards over there.

Old 23rd May 2017, 08:08 AM   #56
Stacko
Philosopher

Is the Daily Beast at all trustworthy? I don't doubt things are rough at FOx with all their scandals, but would any of them really give a damn about the truth as long as it hurt the Democrats? They've already pile-driven through the parents wishes with nary a care. After all, this stuff obviously works for their viewship.

If the sources are accurate then they really have a bunch of moral cowards over there.
CNN has the same story.

Quote:
Fox News staffers expressed frustration on Monday that on-air personalities at their network like prime time host Sean Hannity are continuing to peddle a conspiracy theory about the murder of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich.

"I'm disgusted by it," one Fox News employee told CNN.

Rich was shot to death last July in the streets of Washington, DC. The Metropolitan Police Department continues to investigate the murder and police say there is evidence to suggest Rich was the victim of a botched robbery.

But for months, right-wing media outlets have floated unproven theories that Rich was the person who provided Wikileaks with thousands of internal DNC emails, and suggested his death was retribution for the supposed leak. No real evidence has been provided to support such claims.
Faux News has descended into being a pure propaganda outlet for the Republican party including fake alternate news cycles when the actually news is terrible for the GOP.
Old 23rd May 2017, 09:24 AM   #57
Praktik
Philosopher

I'm still not very impressed. Obviously the left just doesn't have its heart in starting conspiracy theories. I mean, they have them, sure, but they sure don't put much effort into spreading them.

With the right it is almost an industry.
On the left perhaps the best developed engine of conspiracy is the Big Organic funded marketing attack on GMOs, which many on the left have internalized as a battle of the Little Guy against Corporate Evil, and which rests on a foundation of irrational belief and conspiracy.

What im finding amongst my most extreme left-wing aquaintances and friends into conspiracy theories is less an involvement with "left wing conspiracies" but rather, the dominance of heretofore far-right conspiracy theory: Federal Reserve, vaccines, globalists. Its like the far right has created a bigger venn diagram lately with individuals who self-identify as far-left. Its a bit of a trite political science truism, which I don't really care for, to say "the political spectrum meets at the extremes".

But I have to admit I see many anti-establishment lefties I know entering into the realms of previously culturally right-wing conspiracy - the Infowars Hippie is a real thing.
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:05 AM   #58
rdwight
Thinker

KimDotCom released a statement in regards to the case, claiming he has first hand knowledge that Seth was the leaker. A lot of build up on his side just for him to put out a statement with a more long winded version of what he's been saying on twitter for days. Not giving any info publicly and says will give to proper authorities through his lawyers so that a full investigation can be made.

Quote:
I KNOW THAT SETH RICH WAS INVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.
I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.[Snip..]
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:17 AM   #59
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by rdwight View Post
KimDotCom released a statement in regards to the case, claiming he has first hand knowledge that Seth was the leaker. A lot of build up on his side just for him to put out a statement with a more long winded version of what he's been saying on twitter for days. Not giving any info publicly and says will give to proper authorities through his lawyers so that a full investigation can be made.
So it's just like when he claimed he had Hillary's "missing emails." All bluster and no substance.
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:26 AM   #60
Stacko
Philosopher

Fox retracts their story.
Old 23rd May 2017, 11:58 AM   #61
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Did they broadcast that retraction? No, of course they didn't.

Old 23rd May 2017, 12:01 PM   #62
Stacko
Philosopher

Sean Hannity is still pushing the conspiracy. The Clinton conspiracy stuff is a genuine pathology on the right among some. They just can't quit even after they finally defeated one.
Old 23rd May 2017, 12:52 PM   #63
Stacko
Philosopher

Seth Rich's brother pleads with Hannity to stop spreading conspiracy theory

Quote:
"Think about how you would feel losing a son or brother. And while dealing with this, you had baseless accusations of your lost family member being part of a vast conspiracy," Aaron Rich wrote in the letter to "Hannity" executive producer Porter Berry, a copy of which was provided to CNN.

"As the family, we would hope to be the first people to learn about any such evidence and reasons for Seth's death," he added. "It is a travesty that you would prompt false conspiracy theories and other people's agendas rather than work with the family to learn the truth."
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:35 PM   #64
Hercules56
Graduate Poster

Fox News has retracted their story and claimed it did not meet their editorial standards.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 05:05 AM   #65
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Talking

Washington Post Already Claiming Russiagate Is Still Valid Even If Seth Rich Was DNC Leaker
Old 24th May 2017, 07:06 AM   #66
Stacko
Philosopher

Kim Dotcom caught attempting to create a fake Seth Rich email account.

Quote:
Over seven frenzied days, Dotcom had become a leading purveyor of the theory that Rich, a staffer at the Democratic National Committee who was shot dead near his home in Northeast Washington last summer, had supplied DNC documents to WikiLeaks and was killed as a result. Multiple security analysts and an FBI investigation have tied the release to hackers with ties to Russia. D.C. police have said repeatedly that they think Rich was slain in a random robbery attempt.

According to experts and Rich’s family, the emailed invitation from welcome@mega.nz appeared to be an attempt to gain access to Rich’s email. Joel Rich, who maintains his late son’s Gmail account, did not click the link. Meanwhile, Dotcom was promising on Twitter to prove that the younger Rich had been in contact with WikiLeaks — and Fox News host Sean Hannity was telling his 2.37 million Twitter followers to be ready for a revelation.

The latest revelation — that a hacker from New Zealand may have been trying as recently as this week to hack into Rich’s email — offered fresh evidence that the conspiracy theory is false. Dotcom, it seemed, may have been willing to create a fake archive of emails from Rich to “prove” his role in the DNC hack.

“It looks like someone set up a fake Gmail account, then used that Gmail account to create the Mega account,” said James Lewis, cybersecurity expert and a senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “This part is pretty standard. Mega then checks with Gmail to see if the account exists, which is Mega’s somewhat cheesy way of authenticating identity. You then get to set up the Mega account. It’s a system designed to enable pseudonyms and fake identities.”
Why the need to manufacture fake evidence? It's almost like this whole Seth Rich is the DNC hacker is pure BS.
Old 24th May 2017, 08:00 AM   #67
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post

Good example of the extreme dishonesty of the fake news peddlers at the Washington Pest, mentioning two times that Dotcom founded MEGA, but omitting that he has nothing to do with the company anymore and warned as early as two years ago not to use them. Link found in the wikipedia article about MEGA which the WaPo apparently, and rightfully, thinks their conditioned readers are too lazy to look up so it doesn't stand in the way of their fake news CT. Pathetic.
Old 24th May 2017, 09:09 AM   #68
rdwight
Thinker

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Good example of the extreme dishonesty of the fake news peddlers at the Washington Pest, mentioning two times that Dotcom founded MEGA, but omitting that he has nothing to do with the company anymore and warned as early as two years ago not to use them. Link found in the wikipedia article about MEGA which the WaPo apparently, and rightfully, thinks their conditioned readers are too lazy to look up so it doesn't stand in the way of their fake news CT. Pathetic.
Both the article and your rebuttal are pretty much useless, as opposed to fake. There is no proof Kim was the one who was trying to create a connection with this email/account creation on mega.nz. Since his email has become public knowledge recently, it is possible anyone from a random guy from /d_t to an infowars regular signed up. It is plausible, but really, no one of sound mind would be moved by that as evidence.

Your rebuttal has no merit as anyone can signup to mega.nz with whatever email they put in. He wouldn't require control of the company to randomly signup an email which in turn would automate a welcome email.

So.. yea. Really useless all around.
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 09:30 AM   #69
Praktik
Philosopher

Wow, im just imagining all the writers and editors at the WaPo:

WRITER: "But wait a second, won't our readers follow through and check the wikipedia link??"

EDITOR: <cackles and rubs hands mishcheviously> "Oh don't worry! They're too stupid to ever do that! TO the presses!"

This is a kind of cartoon view of media manipulation that Chomsky and Hermann showed to be quite an unsophisticated understanding of how the news is shaped by elites in their excellent Manufacturing Consent, which I assume you have read judging by your posting history and some old threads where we both defended Chomsky to his critics, but I guess, judging by this post of yours, you haven't really internalized the lessons they taught us within the covers of that excellent book.

Its all a lot less cartoonish - and far more banal - than your imagery and rhetoric would suggest.
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 09:37 AM   #70
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

So.. yea. Really useless all around.

Not useless at all, as it shows their methods.
Old 24th May 2017, 10:58 AM   #71
rdwight
Thinker

Not useless at all, as it shows their methods.
Shoddy reporting using 'may have' and leading readers to conclusions that aren't fact while not asserting them as fact? Well by golly, this is something totally new and different! I will from now on be on the lookout for this devious development.
Old 24th May 2017, 11:16 AM   #72
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Shoddy reporting using 'may have' and leading readers to conclusions that aren't fact while not asserting them as fact? Well by golly, this is something totally new and different! I will from now on be on the lookout for this devious development.

This is not happening in a vacuum, dude. Read the piece I posted in #65. The language is absolutely warranted. Stacko just came along to prove the point.
Old 24th May 2017, 11:30 AM   #73
zorro99
Muse

We’re Seth Rich’s parents. Stop politicizing our son’s murder.

The writers are the parents of Seth Rich, who was killed in the District in 2016.

Imagine living in a nightmare that you can never wake up from. Imagine having to face every single day knowing that your son was murdered. Imagine you have no answers — that no one has been brought to justice and there are few clues leading to the killer or killers. Imagine that every single day, with every phone call you hope that it’s the police, calling to tell you that there has been a break in the case.

Imagine that instead, every call that comes in is a reporter asking what you think of a series of lies or conspiracies about the death. That nightmare is what our family goes through every day.

Our beloved son Seth Rich was gunned down in the early hours of July 10, 2016, in his Washington, D.C., neighborhood of Bloomingdale. On the day he was murdered, Seth was excited about a new job he had been offered on Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.33f82241ef5d

Those who are peddling this bs should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 24th May 2017, 11:44 AM   #74
rdwight
Thinker

This is not happening in a vacuum, dude. Read the piece I posted in #65. The language is absolutely warranted. Stacko just came along to prove the point.
That is kind of my point. It has been and continues to be used in news, slanting their coverage to match their viewership's preconceived notions, or pushing them towards some. You will see equal or greater slants and misinformation from news sources pushing the Seth conspiracy. Look at any assertions they make and think 'now where do they reference the evidence for this statement?'. You should just as quickly get mad at their reporting as you do with these.

And I did browse through your link, but don't really see too much of an issue. It is possible certain hacks were done by different groups. Not really a ground breaking idea.

Like I said in my post, this is just common stuff. I overlook that author you linked many overreaches because I wouldn't hold her to the same standards as the WaPo. If I was a paid subscriber there I would probably voice my concerns with that specific report to them, but as a free viewer I don't.

As well, Stacko did spread a very weak article that shouldn't be given more exposure. Hope people don't share every piece that matches their opinion on a subject no matter how lacking it may be, but to each his/her own.

Last edited by rdwight; 24th May 2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 24th May 2017, 12:54 PM   #75
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

As well, Stacko did spread a very weak article that shouldn't be given more exposure. Hope people don't share every piece that matches their opinion on a subject no matter how lacking it may be, but to each his/her own.

Notice that the author is the same in both today's useless junk about MEGA and the "even if it was Seth Rich it still was Putin" crap my posted rant from yesterday is about.
Old 24th May 2017, 02:40 PM   #76
carlitos
"más divertido"

Make Ethiopia Great Again?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 03:01 PM   #77
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

We have to be fair. CNN and MSNBC also really downplay their apologies for bad reporting.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th May 2017, 12:55 PM   #78
Praktik
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
We have to be fair. CNN and MSNBC also really downplay their apologies for bad reporting.
And if we're being like, super duper fair, we could get out of the media discussion and recognise that most individuals, anywhere - overcount their hits and undercount their misses, whether they are giving their Year End Reviews, describing how good they were at sports or how honest they have been in life.

Is the media acting exceptionally - compared to human nature - or exactly as we would expect and in ways that are similar across many businesses and organizations that include human beings?

I can think of the way projects work at my giant telco - delivery teams report on performance of the project. Are "lessons learned" going to accurately document all the project mistakes?

Not if people want good ratings!
-Iain Banks
Old 25th May 2017, 03:52 PM   #79
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Meanwhile Some major advertisers have pulled their ads from the Hannity show over the Seth RIch flap....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th May 2017, 07:29 AM   #80
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Kim Dotcom has written an open letter to the Rich family informing them about the preposterous nature of the hacking allegations by the WaPo pre$$titutes and other junk apparently fed to them by their "spokesperson", that DNC spin doctor named Bauman(?).

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories