ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags New Zealand issues , New Zealand politics

Reply
Old 5th August 2019, 03:32 AM   #761
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,310
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
It's a purely Tainui thing that other iwi don't acknowledge.

Chris Trotter summed him up once when he stated: "The Lion (Teatairangi Kahu) has whelped an ass."

The power behind that throne is all his attention seeking and money-grabbing wife. Tuheitia doesn't even speak Maori and is in very poor health.
Warming up nicely. Double the police numbers and split the protesters into opposing groups.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12255890
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 12:34 PM   #762
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,894
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Warming up nicely. Double the police numbers and split the protesters into opposing groups.
Best of all, that stupid little girl in the Beehive 9th floor can only come out with egg all over her face.

Note National being as quiet as church mice, just waiting & watching. NZ First are the key player in all this, because Peters and Jones (who is annointed to take over when Winnie gives up) will not allow the protestors to win, or they kiss their old, white vote to touch right now.

And Ardern can't afford to lose the Maori vote.

Best saga for some time.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 05:41 PM   #763
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,310
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Best of all, that stupid little girl in the Beehive 9th floor can only come out with egg all over her face.

Note National being as quiet as church mice, just waiting & watching. NZ First are the key player in all this, because Peters and Jones (who is annointed to take over when Winnie gives up) will not allow the protestors to win, or they kiss their old, white vote to touch right now.

And Ardern can't afford to lose the Maori vote.

Best saga for some time.
Don't forget she is an internationally beloved poster girl for all liberal causes. Empty vessel who never did a day's work since leaving the farm.
I Am A Mother she likes to proclaim, says it all.
Actually I am an ardent believer in freezing the (human) NZ population as the only authentic green option, and we have the uniquely secure borders to do so, though a small tactical nuclear arsenal could be a reasonable strategy in this regard.
Thus the land could revert to something trivial like growing food.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 08:26 PM   #764
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,894
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Don't forget she is an internationally beloved poster girl for all liberal causes. Empty vessel who never did a day's work since leaving the farm.
Yeah, the pretty pair of Liberal kids, Trudeau & Ardern have both been shown up to be worthless.

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Thus the land could revert to something trivial like growing food.
Mate, you do come out with some amazingly stupid comments every now & then. We already grow a lot more food than we could ever eat.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 09:15 PM   #765
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,310
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Yeah, the pretty pair of Liberal kids, Trudeau & Ardern have both been shown up to be worthless.



Mate, you do come out with some amazingly stupid comments every now & then. We already grow a lot more food than we could ever eat.
Ihumatao.
And Pukekohe is the best land in the world going to housing.

The three identical graphs are human population CO2 concentration and average global temp.
If increasing population here meant equal reduction globally then I have no argument.
Hint:
It doesn't.
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 09:41 PM   #766
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant
 
The Atheist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,894
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Ihumatao.
Nothing growing there, and going by other Maori land, if they get it back it will be covered in gorse in no time.

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
And Pukekohe is the best land in the world going to housing.
Yes, that's spectacularly stupid, but it's not due to a shortage of land.

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
The three identical graphs are human population CO2 concentration and average global temp.
If increasing population here meant equal reduction globally then I have no argument.
Hint:
It doesn't.
And how is NZ's population being capped going to help?

You haven't thought this through at all.
__________________
The point of equilibrium has passed; satire and current events are now indistinguishable.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2019, 10:16 PM   #767
Samson
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,310
Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Nothing growing there, and going by other Maori land, if they get it back it will be covered in gorse in no time.



Yes, that's spectacularly stupid, but it's not due to a shortage of land.



And how is NZ's population being capped going to help?

You haven't thought this through at all.
Well yes, and the logic goes like this.

Everyone must do their bit, freeze at manageable local levels. For New Zealand that is the country. Sure we can grow food for others but that does not mean joining us at the dining table. You know what sustainability means, there is a sensible thread here saying 1 or 2 billion from memory

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=335916
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:55 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.