IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags police incidents , police issues , police misconduct charges

Closed Thread
Old 17th November 2019, 11:09 AM   #1561
Shadowdweller
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by erlando View Post
When inside the about 30 seconds it took for the officer to perceive "resistance" was he insulting the officer?

Again "resisting arrest" is the go-to "**** you" card used by american police.
None of the clips show the beginning of that encounter either. So I don't know how you can make that presumption. Unless you're party to something the rest of us haven't seen?
Shadowdweller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th November 2019, 11:11 AM   #1562
erlando
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
Old YouTube video of the calmest cop ever:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
27 years later and he would have been tazed within 20 seconds when he ripped the papers from the officer's hands.
Old 17th November 2019, 11:12 AM   #1563
erlando
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Shadowdweller View Post
None of the clips show the beginning of that encounter either. So I don't know how you can make that presumption. Unless you're party to something the rest of us haven't seen?
Ah, the good old "but it's not on video"-excuse. Read the articles. They have witness accounts.
Old 17th November 2019, 11:18 AM   #1564
Shadowdweller
Graduate Poster

Ah, the good old "but it's not on video"-excuse. Read the articles. They have witness accounts.
I have read the articles. I've seen no accounts that suggest such a thing.
Originally Posted by erlando
When inside the about 30 seconds it took for the officer to perceive "resistance" was he insulting the officer?

Last edited by Shadowdweller; 17th November 2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Inappropriate snark
Shadowdweller is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th November 2019, 04:52 PM   #1565
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
That summation was a word for word copy uttered by the deciding judge. You should note that I never once suggested that a police officer being offended was grounds. Police officers no longer get offended, they are alarmed, distressed and harassed these days.

It is an offence to cause alarm, distress or harassment to anybody, including a police officer, and using foul language is one route to doing so.
And the judge made it clear that the courts will not accept that swearing when talking to a police officer will cause a police officer "alarm, distress or harassment ". It prevents the police from doing what they used to do which was exampled in the court case.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th November 2019, 05:25 PM   #1566
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
Personally I am glad that my child will not have to go to a school where an armed guard is constantly scrutinising the children ready to shoot them. But I know this is a price US citizens are willing to pay to defend the constitution; indeed it is an object lesson for the pupils in the importance of carrying a weapon and being prepared to kill.

It's just like our Founding Fathers said, "The tree of white male privilege must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of innocent children."
When you say that fascists should only be defeated through debate, what you're really saying is that the marginalized and vulnerable should have to endlessly argue for their right to exist; and at no point should they ever be fully accepted, and the debate considered won.
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 04:52 AM   #1567
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Internal investigation started after cell phone videos shows officer tackling and pinning a 15 year old quadruple amputee to the ground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ruple-amputee/
To be fair the guy wasn't putting his hands up as ordered. Totally understandable how that refusal to obey instantly would be met with force as per police protocol.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 04:55 AM   #1568
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
To be fair the guy wasn't putting his hands up as ordered. Totally understandable how that refusal to obey instantly would be met with force as per police protocol.
Yeah, that and he was seen standing on the seats.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 04:58 AM   #1569
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by bobdroege7 View Post
What actions of the cop do you have a problem with?
Good then we can get rid of qualified immunity thing where the police are immune from the consequences of breaking the law and violating peoples rights as long as they didn't know the law.

Otherwise things like shooting a non aggressive dog and missing killing a kid might be a problem for the cops. I mean it would be totally outrageous to hold them to anything like the standards of normal people.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 05:07 AM   #1570
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Deleted

Last edited by bluesjnr; 18th November 2019 at 05:09 AM.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 07:54 AM   #1571
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Good then we can get rid of qualified immunity thing where the police are immune from the consequences of breaking the law and violating peoples rights as long as they didn't know the law.

Otherwise things like shooting a non aggressive dog and missing killing a kid might be a problem for the cops. I mean it would be totally outrageous to hold them to anything like the standards of normal people.

I think you are talking about a different cop than I am referring to as I didn't see a kid or a dog.

Cops should be trained on the law, and I see that sometimes they are getting fired and/or prosecuted for their actions.

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 08:08 AM   #1572
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I think you are talking about a different cop than I am referring to as I didn't see a kid or a dog.

Cops should be trained on the law, and I see that sometimes they are getting fired and/or prosecuted for their actions.
Qualified immunity is the premise that ignorance of the law is an excuse for a cop. That is a simple statement of fact there.

A police officers use of force is always presumed to be reasonable and above question unless it can be shown that they were knowingly violating the law when they assaulted someone. So tackling the quadrepeligic is of course totally covered even if actually illegal because ignorance of the law is a protection for the police when they violate the law.

https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...edImmunity.pdf

You made a statement about ignorance of the law being no excuse, well it is an excuse for a police officer. But of course holding them to the standards of regular people is ridiculous.
Old 18th November 2019, 09:10 AM   #1573
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Did you miss the witnesses saying that the police officer walked right past other people eating and drinking coffee on the platform?
And how is that relevant, should I believe this witness? Does the cop have to arrest everyone breaking the law?

bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th November 2019, 01:42 PM   #1574
Shadowdweller
Graduate Poster

Since this thread seems to be long on slurs and short on actual police perspectives, I thought I'd post a couple here that seem relevant to some recent postings in this thread. Donut Operator is one of several police turned you-tubers. His postings seem more articulate and better researched than some of the others to at least the likes of myself. Advance warning for language and possible opposing political viewpoints.

Traffic stops gone awry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1q_VtUzN3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS0g...h_sygZ&index=6

Contrary to DO, I suspect that the lady in the second clip may well be sincere; just ignorant.

Last edited by Shadowdweller; 18th November 2019 at 02:00 PM.
Old 18th November 2019, 02:05 PM   #1575
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Since this thread seems to be long on slurs and short on actual police perspectives, I thought I'd post a couple here that seem relevant to some recent postings in this thread. Donut Operator is one of several police turned you-tubers. His postings seem more articulate and better researched than some of the others to at least the likes of myself. Advance warning for language and possible opposing political viewpoints.

Traffic stops gone awry:

Contrary to DO, I suspect that the lady in the second clip may well be sincere; just ignorant.
Cool when will he cover why the quad amputee needed to be tackled and the guy filming it needed to be arrested? I mean other than the need to instantly assert control through force at all times.
Old 18th November 2019, 02:08 PM   #1576
Shadowdweller
Graduate Poster

Cool when will he cover why the quad amputee needed to be tackled and the guy filming it needed to be arrested? I mean other than the need to instantly assert control through force at all times.
I doubt he even knows about it. You could always try sending the guy the clip and asking what his opinion is. Or what the opinions of other (former) LEOs might be on, say, one of the many reddit groups devoted to such things. I'd be interested in hearing the answer myself if you get a response.
Old 18th November 2019, 02:10 PM   #1577
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I doubt he even knows about it. You could always try sending the guy the clip and asking what his opinion is. Or what the opinions of other (former) LEOs might be on, say, one of the many reddit groups devoted to such things. I'd be interested in hearing the answer myself if you get a response.
Does he actually address the endemic violence that is so much a part of police culture? Or is it just Ra Ra cops?
Old 18th November 2019, 03:02 PM   #1578
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Qualified immunity is the premise that ignorance of the law is an excuse for a cop. That is a simple statement of fact there.

A police officers use of force is always presumed to be reasonable and above question unless it can be shown that they were knowingly violating the law when they assaulted someone. So tackling the quadrepeligic is of course totally covered even if actually illegal because ignorance of the law is a protection for the police when they violate the law.

You made a statement about ignorance of the law being no excuse, well it is an excuse for a police officer. But of course holding them to the standards of regular people is ridiculous.
I wasn't commenting on the tackling of a quadriplegic.

Old 19th November 2019, 04:09 AM   #1579
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

I wasn't commenting on the tackling of a quadriplegic.
Yet you felt the need to take issue with the qualified immunity that police have. The point is that this officer is protected like all police if he violates people rights as long as he didn't know the law. That does shoot holes in the premise that ignorance of the law is no excuse, it is for the police.
Old 19th November 2019, 07:21 AM   #1580
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Does he actually address the endemic violence that is so much a part of police culture? Or is it just Ra Ra cops?
Yeah, we see that a lot.

"Here are examples of cops knocking around high school kids."

"Here's a video of a cop dancing with them. They love him!"

OK, I'm sure that kid that got knocked around feels a lot better now, right?

It's all just an example of "not all cops are bad."
Gunter Haas, the 'leading British expert,' was a graphologist who advised couples, based on their handwriting characteristics, if they were compatible for marriage. I would submit that couples idiotic enough to do this are probably quite suitable for each other. It's nice when stupid people find love. - Ludovic Kennedy
pgwenthold is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 07:25 AM   #1581
Suddenly
No Punting

Traffic stops gone awry:

Show me the one where they explain why it is morally acceptable for cops to not report the wrongdoings of other cops and then the "not all cops" and "actually" type deflections will have at least some force.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 19th November 2019, 07:27 AM   #1582
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Yeah, we see that a lot.

Until the "not bad" ones actually take a stand against the bad ones and say stop their union from forcing the department from putting officers fired over killing unarmed men twice in the space of a year, and start driving off their racist and violent coworkers instead of covering for them, they fail to be considered good in my book.

Of course the difference between the bad and not bad cops is often just a matter of timing, I mean the no bad ones know when to turn off their body cameras and make sure no video gets recorded.

As we saw in the murder of Botham Shem Jean the cops who responded made sure to make all efforts to not collect too much evidence by turning off their body cameras as soon as they found out the shooter was a cop. Do they still rate as "not bad cops"?

I want to know exactly how low the bar is.
Old 19th November 2019, 07:30 AM   #1583
Suddenly
No Punting

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Yeah, we see that a lot.

Most street gangs do nice things to show value within a particular community. It gives them some moral cover.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 20th November 2019, 12:03 PM   #1584
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Well I watched that video and my interpretation of the Qualified Immunity that you linked to is that that cop won't get it, and hopefully the investigation will get him off the force and in jail.

Old 20th November 2019, 12:27 PM   #1585
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Well I watched that video and my interpretation of the Qualified Immunity that you linked to is that that cop won't get it, and hopefully the investigation will get him off the force and in jail.
Of course he will get it, they always get it.
Old 20th November 2019, 01:35 PM   #1586
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Of course he will get it, they always get it.

Nope, see Rodney King.

Old 20th November 2019, 01:46 PM   #1587
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Nope, see Rodney King.
Got any source for how Qualified Immunity would play into that? It would mean that King sued the officers as individuals not just the city, and I can find no evidence of that. It is not relevant to criminal cases.

It means that unlike with say OJ Simpson wrongful death suits are not something a police officer who gets off on the murder charge needs to worry about. They can go back to work and know they are in the clear.
Old 20th November 2019, 06:59 PM   #1588
bobdroege7
Illuminator

Got any source for how Qualified Immunity would play into that? It would mean that King sued the officers as individuals not just the city, and I can find no evidence of that. It is not relevant to criminal cases.

It means that unlike with say OJ Simpson wrongful death suits are not something a police officer who gets off on the murder charge needs to worry about. They can go back to work and know they are in the clear.
The police officers involved did not get immunity, two of them went to prison.

Old 21st November 2019, 04:07 AM   #1589
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

The police officers involved did not get immunity, two of them went to prison.
Qualified Immunity has nothing to do with criminal charges. It is when the DA refuses to prosecute or the jury decides shooting a black man because you panic is reasonable that it comes into play.
Old 3rd December 2019, 08:13 PM   #1590
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Baltimore corrections officers indicted, accused of excessive force and gang activity, state attorney says

Quote:
More than two dozen Baltimore corrections officers were indicted Tuesday on at least 200 charges that they used excessive force on prisoners at state-operated jails in the city, authorities said.

The 25 indicted officers are accused of threatening and assaulting detainees at correctional facilities, as well as tampering with evidence and falsifying documents, said Maryland State Attorney Marlilyn Mosby, whose office secured the indictments.

The charges also include conspiracy to promote and maintain a criminal organization by unlawful means, participation and conspiracy to participate in a criminal gang, and other misconduct charges, according to Fox Baltimore.

Mosby during a news conference said the indictments were the result of a “long-term investigation” after “allegations of force and intimidation.”

She said that “seemingly isolated incidents dating back to 2016" led to the discovery of “multiple examples of excessive force used against detainees in different facilities, which ultimately led to the discovery of a criminal enterprise," among other accusations.

Mosby said 21 of the 25 officers were taken into custody on Tuesday. They were members of a tactical unit with a paramilitary command structure and were operating inside four Baltimore detention facilities.
Old 4th December 2019, 11:41 AM   #1591
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Wow something might happen from this, that it truly shocking usually it is just jokes and laughs as the guy dies, as per apparently proper police procedure.

"At least four New York City correction officers failed to act for seven minutes as an 18-year-old detainee tried to hang himself at the Rikers Island jail complex, with some of them watching the suicide attempt before intervening, according to four people with knowledge of the matter."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/n...e-suicide.html
Old 4th December 2019, 12:02 PM   #1592
deadrose
Illuminator

A suicide attempt sounds like he didn't succeed. They managed to restore a heartbeat, but there's no brain activity. But hey, as long as he has a heartbeat, they can't be charged with his death.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 12:03 PM   #1593
luchog
Neo-Post-Retro-Revivalist

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post

And yet they're still being treated like anomalies, instead of as evidence of a deeper and more pervasive, systematic cultural problem. The front-line officers might (might) see significant penalties, but how much do you want to bet that the command structure that condoned, actively or tacitly, their behaviour -- or at best failed to provide sufficient oversight -- will get off without so much as an official reprimand.

Quote:
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said in a statement that with the latest round of indictments, anti-corruption efforts have led to the convictions of more than 200 officers, inmates and citizen accomplices.

“Our correctional officers have one of the most difficult jobs in all of public safety, and we will not let the criminal behavior of the few tarnish the great work of the nearly 5,000 dedicated officers who serve with distinction every single day,” Hogan said.

Emphasis added.
When you say that fascists should only be defeated through debate, what you're really saying is that the marginalized and vulnerable should have to endlessly argue for their right to exist; and at no point should they ever be fully accepted, and the debate considered won.
luchog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 02:06 PM   #1594
Mumbles
Philosopher

Wow something might happen from this, that it truly shocking usually it is just jokes and laughs as the guy dies, as per apparently proper police procedure.

"At least four New York City correction officers failed to act for seven minutes as an 18-year-old detainee tried to hang himself at the Rikers Island jail complex, with some of them watching the suicide attempt before intervening, according to four people with knowledge of the matter."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/n...e-suicide.html
I'll say it again: Riker's should be shut down entirely. I'm not a prison abolitionist, and I don't even necessarily agree that every nonviolent offender shouldn't be in prison - pension raiding and other serious financial crimes, repeated DUIs when all else has failed, even if nobody else is hurt, and the like qualify. But we do need to rethink use of solitary, strongly consider closing plainly out of control facilities like Riker's, and simply reform what's illegal to begin with.

(Ah, also, a complete ban on private prisons - to folks outside of the US, do y'all even have any private prisons? I've never heard of it in any other country, but just want to check.)
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 02:52 PM   #1595
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
I'll say it again: Riker's should be shut down entirely. I'm not a prison abolitionist, and I don't even necessarily agree that every nonviolent offender shouldn't be in prison - pension raiding and other serious financial crimes, repeated DUIs when all else has failed, even if nobody else is hurt, and the like qualify. But we do need to rethink use of solitary, strongly consider closing plainly out of control facilities like Riker's, and simply reform what's illegal to begin with.

(Ah, also, a complete ban on private prisons - to folks outside of the US, do y'all even have any private prisons? I've never heard of it in any other country, but just want to check.)
We do in the UK.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 02:52 PM   #1596
Planigale
Philosopher

Traffic stops gone awry:

I watched a number of his videos. Some do make fair points. He does however err on the side of what cops may legally be allowed to do as opposed to what is wise. There is one video of a woman being dragged out of her car by her hair who apparently had panicked and 'fled the scene' for two blocks before stopping. There seemed to be no attempt at asking her to vacate the car or defuse the situation. Legal may be, but certainly not use of minimal force.

There is also his review of a case mentioned above of an arrest of parents of a four year old child who 'stole' a barbie doll. Even DO had to admit there were some anger management issues. However he did reference that the father was accused of shoplifting in addition - a charge he was subsequently not convicted of. (So is innocent of.) In any case he failed to comment on the fact that it seemed particularly dangerous to be pointing a gun at a woman carrying her child (and unnecessary - what was she going to do with arms full of child?). It would be better if he could come out and say this is poor policing. Policing should not just be about what is legally justifiable but the least use of force.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 11:51 AM   #1597
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Reporting on this is being understandably eclipsed by the Pensacola mass shooting today; however, yesterday afternoon elsewhere in the same state, police pursued two armed suspects who had robbed a jewelry store and then hijacked a UPS truck to make their getaway when police converged, taking the delivery driver with them as a hostage.

Helicopter video of the incident shows police chased them until the truck became trapped on a thoroughfare in stopped rush hour traffic, surrounded by civilian cars, at which point police quickly surrounded the vehicle on foot and a shootout commenced. The officers fired on the truck from all angles, while taking cover behind the occupied civilian vehicles. The hostage UPS driver was killed in the gunfire, as was a driver of one of the nearby cars. Both of the robbers were also killed. Police afterward held a press conference at which they reassured the public that no police officers had been harmed during the incident.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 6th December 2019, 01:22 PM   #1598
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know about you, but this seems unnecessarily excessive to me:

https://youtu.be/-hVSbnK4wuQ

(It's a 2 minute video of the chase mentioned in the post above.)

The grisly end of the chase can be seen about 14 minutes in to this video:

https://www.facebook.com/WPLGLocal10...3197724435794/

It doesn't exactly look like a textbook example of well-trained police taking down a perp with clinical precision.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 7th December 2019, 12:45 AM   #1599
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post

Yes,.we've had private prisons for sometime, purely based on political ideology. They have not produced the results the ideology says they will.
If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th December 2019, 06:56 AM   #1600
TurkeysGhost
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Reporting on this is being understandably eclipsed by the Pensacola mass shooting today; however, yesterday afternoon elsewhere in the same state, police pursued two armed suspects who had robbed a jewelry store and then hijacked a UPS truck to make their getaway when police converged, taking the delivery driver with them as a hostage.

Helicopter video of the incident shows police chased them until the truck became trapped on a thoroughfare in stopped rush hour traffic, surrounded by civilian cars, at which point police quickly surrounded the vehicle on foot and a shootout commenced. The officers fired on the truck from all angles, while taking cover behind the occupied civilian vehicles. The hostage UPS driver was killed in the gunfire, as was a driver of one of the nearby cars. Both of the robbers were also killed. Police afterward held a press conference at which they reassured the public that no police officers had been harmed during the incident.
Based on the helicopter footage, it is almost certain that the hostage UPS driver was killed by police bullets.

This whole thing is monstrously incompetent. The police engaged in an intense shootout in standstill traffic, bystanders and the hostage be damned. It's a minor miracle that only one bystander was killed, the street was crowded with people trapped in the crossfire.

I can't see any way for the UPS driver to survive this, they fired a massive volume of fire at the cab of the truck. The helicopter footage shows him trying to crawl out of the truck through a hail of police bullets, he had no chance.

My bet is that the robbers did not kill or even injure anyone in the shootout, and that all fatalities and injuries were caused by police gunfire. The cynical side of my strongly suspects that there will be no criminal consequences for this reckless use of lethal force.

Last edited by TurkeysGhost; 9th December 2019 at 07:02 AM.
TurkeysGhost is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events