IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 21st May 2020, 07:34 PM   #1
Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing

The Trump Presidency: Part 22

Sarah Cooper does Trump again:

Manorities:
https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1263515132698734597

Testing positively:
https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1263602783699243015

Mod InfoThread continued from here. You may quote or reply to any of the posts in that or previous thread parts.
Posted By:zooterkin

Last edited by zooterkin; 22nd May 2020 at 03:18 AM.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:35 AM   #2
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1263574116667289600

Quote:
Trump mentions Henry Ford to Ford workers, then says, "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff -- you got good blood."
I don't know whether Trump is knowledgeable enough to know this but Ford was a Nazi, so there are definite implications here, intentional or otherwise.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:02 AM   #3
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

Quote:
Trump mentions Henry Ford to Ford workers, then says, "Good bloodlines, good bloodlines. If you believe in that stuff -- you got good blood."
I don't know whether Trump is knowledgeable enough to know this but Ford was a Nazi, so there are definite implications here, intentional or otherwise.
What a strange thing to say. Putting to one side for the moment Henry Ford's dubious political stance, does he think that Ford assembly line workers are blood relations to Henry Ford ?

IMO if there was also a reference to soil then it was a deliberate Nazi dog whistle, if not it was just the typical Presidential word salad.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:09 AM   #4
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It's by far not the first time that Trump has dropped hints of his personal brand of Eugenics.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:13 AM   #5
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Ford was also a raging anti-Semite.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:15 AM   #6
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
What a strange thing to say. Putting to one side for the moment Henry Ford's dubious political stance, does he think that Ford assembly line workers are blood relations to Henry Ford ?

IMO if there was also a reference to soil then it was a deliberate Nazi dog whistle, if not it was just the typical Presidential word salad.
I had the same thought when I read that quote. But it would explain why General Motors cars are crap: bad bloodlines.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:43 AM   #7
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

He does appear to think so, yes.
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:01 AM   #8
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I thought that was implicit in "Nazi".
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:07 AM   #9
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

He does appear to think so, yes.
I suppose that given the number of Trump family members employed in paid by the Trump Organisation he'd think that there were a lot of Ford family members working for Ford.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:29 AM   #10
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Do nothing A.G. of the Great State of Michigan, Dana Nessel, should not be taking her anger and stupidity out on Ford Motor - they might get upset with you and leave the state, like so many other companies have - until I came along and brought business back to Michigan. JOBS!

The Wacky Do Nothing Attorney General of Michigan, Dana Nessel, is viciously threatening Ford Motor Company for the fact that I inspected a Ventilator plant without a mask. Not their fault, & I did put on a mask. No wonder many auto companies left Michigan, until I came along!

Is this even possible to believe? Can this be for real? Where is this nursing home, how is the victim doing? (? does anyone have contaxt for this?)

Last edited by Andy_Ross; 22nd May 2020 at 02:37 AM.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:38 AM   #11
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“President Trump is leading Joe Biden (D) in the battleground state of Pennsylvania 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent...This is significant, as it reflects a 4.7 percent jump from the previous survey.”

96% Approval Rating in the Republican Party. Thank you!

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
Democrats need to fam the flames of fear. But if it’s safe enough to grocery shop, how is it not safe enough to vote? twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…

Last edited by Andy_Ross; 22nd May 2020 at 02:41 AM.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:45 AM   #12
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...37553073942528

Quote:
Many will disagree, but @FoxNews is doing nothing to help Republicans, and me, get re-elected on November 3rd. Sure, there are some truly GREAT people on Fox, but you also have some real “garbage” littered all over the network, people like Dummy Juan Williams, Schumerite Chris...

....Hahn, Richard Goodstein, Donna Brazile, Niel Cavuto, and many others. They repeat the worst of the Democrat speaking points, and lies. All of the good is totally nullified, and more. Net Result = BAD! CNN & MSDNC are all in for the Do Nothing Democrats! Fox WAS Great!
So...no more pretence that Fox is impartial?
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:49 AM   #13
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

President Trump is leading Joe Biden (D) in the battleground state of Pennsylvania 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent...This is significant, as it reflects a 4.7 percent jump from the previous survey.”

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
Democrats need to fam the flames of fear. But if it’s safe enough to grocery shop, how is it not safe enough to vote? twitter.com/realdonaldtrum…
I wonder which poll that was because RealClearPolitics paints a different view:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:51 AM   #14
Guybrush Threepwood
Trainee Pirate

Is this even possible to believe? Can this be for real? Where is this nursing home, how is the victim doing? (? does anyone have contaxt for this?)
If you look in the replies to that tweet there's a video which has been going round the twittersphere which appears to show a well built black male nurse knocking seven bells out of a white care home resident. If genuine the guy needs to be locked up. It allegedly happened in Detroit.

Last edited by Guybrush Threepwood; 22nd May 2020 at 02:53 AM.
Guybrush Threepwood is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 04:07 AM   #15
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

So...no more pretence that Fox is impartial?
They haven't pretended that for years.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 04:11 AM   #16
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

I had the same thought when I read that quote. But it would explain why General Motors cars are crap: bad bloodlines.

I had a Silverado for a while. It had fuel lines, hydraulic lines, even some water lines. But I don't think it had any blood lines.

I've never owned a Ford, so I don't know about them.

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 05:00 AM   #17
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle

Did anyone point out to her that we don't all have to buy groceries on the same day, at the same store?
Old 22nd May 2020, 05:15 AM   #18
Tolls
Philosopher

I wonder which poll that was because RealClearPolitics paints a different view:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6861.html
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../pennsylvania/

Must be the Hodas & Associates one, which is tagged as partisan (see note at the bottom).
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 06:23 AM   #19
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Tolls View Post
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com.../pennsylvania/

Must be the Hodas & Associates one, which is tagged as partisan (see note at the bottom).

And if you click on their name, it takes you to the actual poll results, which cover a lot more questions. Let's just say, that some of these numbers are all over the place.

Two interesting bits:

How would they vote in a Congressional election?

47.0% TOTAL REPUBLICAN
37.2% TOTAL DEMOCRAT
15.8% TOTAL LEAN/INDEPENDENT

So even though only 37% vote Dem for Congress, almost 46% vote Dem for president.

And then look at the age breakdown:

12. Now a few questions for statistical purposes only. First, in what year were you born?
5.7% 18-24
13.5% 25-34
15.2% 35-44
16.3% 45-54
19.7% 55-64
25.8% 65+

More than a quarter over 65, almost half over 55. Both age groups tend towards being Republican. This almost certainly skews the results.
Old 22nd May 2020, 06:47 AM   #20
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Did anyone point out to her that we don't all have to buy groceries on the same day, at the same store?
And that stores in certain neighborhoods have been closed down by the state legislature.
Old 22nd May 2020, 06:54 AM   #21
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Do nothing A.G. of the Great State of Michigan, Dana Nessel, should not be taking her anger and stupidity out on Ford Motor - they might get upset with you and leave the state, like so many other companies have - until I came along and brought business back to Michigan. JOBS!

The Wacky Do Nothing Attorney General of Michigan, Dana Nessel, is viciously threatening Ford Motor Company for the fact that I inspected a Ventilator plant without a mask. Not their fault, & I did put on a mask. No wonder many auto companies left Michigan, until I came along!

Is that part of the Tweet? If so, I can't find it, even on the deleted Tweets sites.

If not, you definitely need to separate your own comments from those reported as Trump's. Putting it in italics is not doing the job. I wondered how he got italics in a Tweet anyway. But the spelling would seem to be all his, which makes it doubly confusing.
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:31 AM   #22
Apathia
Philosopher

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
I had a Silverado for a while. It had fuel lines, hydraulic lines, even some water lines. But I don't think it had any blood lines.

I've never owned a Ford, so I don't know about them.
A certain 1958 Plymouth Fury had bloodlines.
Christine!

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:36 AM   #23
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Trump Tweets

“President Trump is leading Joe Biden (D) in the battleground state of Pennsylvania 50.2 percent to 45.5 percent...This is significant, as it reflects a 4.7 percent jump from the previous survey.”

No Voter Fraud!
Quote Tweet
Laura Ingraham
@IngrahamAngle
Yeah, that poll is a real standout alright!

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:44 AM   #24
Cain
Straussian

Flaming lib Bill Russell criticized the president. What a loser.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:59 AM   #25
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Bill Mitchell host of 'Your Voice America TV'

"Some have called me "sycophant" for unrelenting support of the president. I am not.
I believe Trump was sent by God to lead America through this most perilous moment in our history, blessed with a vision and second-sight beyond his innate strategic brilliance. He is our voice."

At first I thought it was some kind of parody channel but it seems it's serious .

https://yourvoiceamerica.tv/
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:17 AM   #26
shemp

I believe that Bill Mitchell is a jerk, a moron and a dickhead. My beliefs have more basis in fact than his.

When Republican politicians were young, they were the kids who watched James Bond movies and said "I want to grow up to be just like [insert name of villain here]."
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 11:36 AM   #27
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Flaming lib Bill Russell criticized the president. What a loser.
Excuse my ignorance, but Bill Russel the basketball and civil rights legend?
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:11 PM   #28
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The PDJT just announced that churches are "essential services" and thus are not subject to the rules.

Churches
essential? Really???

(ETA) Probably more suitable for the other thread where it is already being discussed.

Last edited by alfaniner; 22nd May 2020 at 12:17 PM.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:19 PM   #29
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
The PDJT just announced that churches are "essential services" and thus are not subject to the rules.

Churches
essential? Really???

(ETA) Probably more suitable for the other thread where it is already being discussed.

At some point, the sensible portion of society is just going to have to accept that the price of finally proving how much of an idiot Trump is, is millions of deaths. At this point, we're going to pay that price no matter what.

Just hunker down and try to survive on a personal level, guys. As a society, the US is ******.
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:35 PM   #30
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post

Churches
essential? Really???

He also stated that he can force the governors to open all places of worship. He can't. The dunderhead still thinks he has authority over governors.
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:43 PM   #31
Paul2
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
At some point, the sensible portion of society is just going to have to accept that the price of finally proving how much of an idiot Trump is, is millions of deaths. At this point, we're going to pay that price no matter what.

Just hunker down and try to survive on a personal level, guys. As a society, the US is ******.
Yup. We have to try to turn that around, and one of the most important goals to achieve is to somehow chip away at reducing the percentage of Americans who are Trump supporters. Don't ask me how, but someone better figure something out. It took a long time - 50 years since Nixon - for the insanity in the Repubs to finally manifest itself into Trump, so it's gonna take a long time to reverse that, which means we gotta get started.

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 12:51 PM   #32
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

He also stated that he can force the governors to open all places of worship. He can't. The dunderhead still thinks he has authority over governors.
For that matter, governors can't do it either. On what basis could anybody say "You are required to hold church services!" when the church doesn doesn't want to?
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:03 PM   #33
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
For that matter, governors can't do it either. On what basis could anybody say "You are required to hold church services!" when the church doesn doesn't want to?

I'm guessing "Freedom of religion!", but without being sarcastic.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:15 PM   #34
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Why doesn’t @FoxNews put up the CNBC POLL or the (believe it or not!) @CNN Poll? Hope Roger A is looking down and watching what has happened to this once beautiful creation!

@FoxNews should fire their Fake Pollster. Never had a good Fox Poll!

Old 22nd May 2020, 01:16 PM   #35
xjx388

I don't think Trump said he could force governors to require church services. He said he could force them to exempt curches from the lockdown rules. Which he can't, but at least get what he's wrong about right.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:17 PM   #36
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Tim Scott
@SenatorTimScott
Joe Biden’s comments are the most arrogant and condescending thing I’ve heard in a very long time. I am offended, but not surprised.
Old 22nd May 2020, 01:46 PM   #37
shemp

The Puritans required everyone to attend church. Perhaps Donald thinks he can too.

Old 22nd May 2020, 01:56 PM   #38
Armitage72
Philosopher

Trump Retweeted

Tim Scott
@SenatorTimScott
Joe Biden’s comments are the most arrogant and condescending thing I’ve heard in a very long time. I am offended, but not surprised.

First, I guess he doesn't listen to Trump much.

Second, the context is an interview in which Joe Biden said "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black." He's already apologized. Of course, that's a sign of weakness.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:42 PM   #39
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I've read many stories about Henry Ford and on so many levels he was really an awful person.
Old 22nd May 2020, 02:49 PM   #40
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

OT:
YouTube just recommended this video. It's one of those old Onion episodes that ended up pretty much coming true.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics