IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 11:48 AM   #1441
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
*Lot's of reports leaked from her staff described this including the complaint she wasn't on any magazine covers that she somehow deserved to have been.
And here she seems so personable and caring

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/20/polit...tes/index.html

"First lady Melania Trump did not write her own "thank you" notes to the White House residence staff who have cared for her and her family for the last four years, according to two sources with knowledge of the notes and Trump's handling of them.

The 80 or so staff who received the type written notes were under the assumption the first lady had written them herself. Instead, Trump tasked a lower-level East Wing staffer with writing them "in her voice," and she signed her name."

See she made sure that the white house residence staff got thank you notes, she didn't write them or learn anything about the help like them but still that is high class.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:50 AM   #1442
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Just watched the inaguration live, with an apple cake straight out of the oven with ice cream on the side. Such a wonderful thing to witness. The hope, the message of unity, the focus on fighting the pandemic, hatred, and climate change, and the diversity in the speakers.

So... can we finally close this thread now ?

Hell no!!!!

Some people might want to enjoy the opportunity to jump up and down on the Dumpf Presidency's corpse!!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #1443
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

Hell no!!!!

Some people might want to enjoy the opportunity to jump up and down on the Dumpf Presidency's corpse!!
Well, actually, we must realize he ain't dead yet. Now, he does seem to be running out of options, but he has surprised before. So while we celebrate, let's not underestimate the power of idiocy.

Hans
Old Today, 11:58 AM   #1444
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Well, actually, we must realize he ain't dead yet. Now, he does seem to be running out of options, but he has surprised before. So while we celebrate, let's not underestimate the power of idiocy.

Hans
Err. you want to try reading my post again?

The Dumpf Presidency IS dead, it is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Vis-a-vis the metabolic processes, its had its lot! Its off the twig! Its kicked the bucket, Its shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! Its ******* snuffed it!!!

IT IS AN EX-PRESIDENCY!!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; Today at 12:04 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:59 AM   #1445
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

THis thread might be replaced by as Trump's legal problems one.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #1446
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
trump is/was a media phenomenon build up over decades. In our current fractured media landscape there is neither the persistence nor the penetration for anyone or anything to become so universally recognizable.
I think Trump 2.0 will have quite the uphill battle.
If only Angel from Escape to the Chateaux were US citizen. Oh well.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #1447
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Err. you want to try reading my post again?

The Dumpf Presidency IS dead, it is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! Vis-a-vis the metabolic processes, its had its lot! Its off the twig! Its kicked the bucket, Its shuffled off its mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! Its ******* snuffed it!!!

IT IS AN EX-PRESIDENCY!!
Ah, yes. Unless he gets reelected.

ETA, sure, he's just pining for the fjords. ...

Hans
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #1448
rdaneel
Illuminator

Perhaps this thread should be closed and "The Trump Presidency Autopsy" could be started.
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #1449
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
trump is/was a media phenomenon build up over decades. In our current fractured media landscape there is neither the persistence nor the penetration for anyone or anything to become so universally recognizable.
I think Trump 2.0 will have quite the uphill battle.
Nonetheless, the political conditions in America (which are not limited to America by any means)... the rise of fascism and the far right, the ugly head of white supremacy, the systemic racism, and the ease with which large sections of the population are still able to be gulled and suckered by repeated tellings of "The Big Lie", they are some of the political conditions that lead to Trump... and they still exist.

Those who perpetrated and carried out the insurrection at the Capitol must be ruthlessly hunted down and severely punished, no matter whether they are rich or poor, teacher or student, policeman, soldier or civilian, powerful or not. There can be no reconciliation without reckoning, and the reckoning must come first.

America dodged a bullet on January 6... if there is a next time, they might not be so lucky.
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #1450
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I'll have to change my moniker for him to "The FPDJT" now. Doesn't have the same ring...
Old Today, 12:43 PM   #1451
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

I have for you exclusive photo of Oval Office after Trump left.

Old Today, 12:45 PM   #1452
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...c4kE2LAfGO.jpg
A fitting end to this thread.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #1453
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Trump left a note for Biden on his desk. I wonder what was in it.

CUN4ears.

Or, maybe not.
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #1454
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Trump left a note for Biden on his desk. I wonder what was in it.
"MISTER POLICE YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HER I GAVE YOU ALL THE CLUES"
Old Today, 01:07 PM   #1455
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
If only Angel from Escape to the Chateaux were US citizen. Oh well.
Oh, sure...just rub salt in my wound. You just had to remind me one of my favorite shows is over. What next? Tell me Schitt's Creek is over, too?
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #1456
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

(Big picture snipped for length)
Funny. I like it.

But I have a (minor) question... who are the people in the picture on the wall? I'm trying to figure out the joke/relevance.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #1457
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Resolution's not good enough for me. I can't make out who they are supposed to be enough to get the joke, whatever it is.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #1458
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

An awful lot of work went into that. Do you have any information about where it came from?
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #1459
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
An awful lot of work went into that. Do you have any information about where it came from?
Instagram page of someone called "Smearballs"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ov...-capitol-riot/
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics