ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #3441
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
It's worth remembering that Trump originally claimed he fired Comey because he felt Comey was unfair to Hillary in how he investigated the email scandal.
Yeah, anytime Trump says anything, it's worth remembering that Trump just says stuff, and that he appears to be quite capable of lying to himself, too.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #3442
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

It's worth remembering that Trump originally claimed he fired Comey because he felt Comey was unfair to Hillary in how he investigated the email scandal.
The way Trump remembers that now is he fired Comey for not prosecuting Clinton.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #3443
WilliamSeger
Master Poster

Oh, jeez... After saying that the FBI is in "taters" and the "worst in history" and that he was gonna need to "rebuild" it to save the country from the outrageous scandal of having agents that don't like Trump, Trump goes to the FBI agent graduates and tells them he's "got your back 100%." Provided, of course, that you like Trump and don't donate to Democrats. Otherwise, you can't be trusted, and according to the "legal expert" Trump listens to on Fox, you should not only be fired; you should be marched out in handcuffs.

Please make it stop...
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #3444
Stacko
Philosopher

NEW: DOJ Inspector General says in letter to House Judiciary that “the department did not consult with OIG before sharing the text messages with the press.” Full story TK
In other words, this was an illegal leak.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM   #3445
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Rosenstein had a very hard time answering this question in the House Judiciary Committee hearing two days ago. He hemmed and hawed and never answered who was responsible for the press release of the emails.

It's very interesting that all the 'leaks' from the FBI have been either damaging to Clinton or positive for the Trump agenda, while the very tight ship with no leaks has occurred with anything negative about Trump.

One might just question whether there was anything different about the Clinton haters within the FBI who leaked politically damaging things like sieves compared to the Trump haters within the FBI who merely complain privately about Trump and don't actually leak confidential information.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; Yesterday at 04:53 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM   #3446
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Are we yet at the point where the FBI paid for The Steele Dossier (a Robert Ludlum novel, soon to be a major film or mini-series)?

I'm waiting eagerly for The Flynn Squeal, which has franchise written all over it.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #3447
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Essentially I couldn't care less. Again, this isn't about the Mueller investigation's "bias" (that's what the Washington Pest pre$$titutes want you to believe - real journalism LOL), it is about how it came into being in the first place.

And I must ask that you folks stop bothering me with this strawman nonsense. I know you aren't that dumb. Talk to the mirror, that's where the denial is addressed at in the first place. Good luck overcoming your pride.
If you can ever figure out just what it is that you are bitching about, then please let the rest of know.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #3448
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
I'll quote the last paragraph from the article on Pat Lang's blog (read the "about" page, these are very serious people) I've linked to yesterday:

Let's assume the premises are correct. I don't think anybody of the regular Russia CT posters here agrees with that paragraph. You all think the ends justify the means, in this case, and wish they had been successful. Hence the refusal to even acknowledge the topic. N'est-ce pas?
I think the refusal to acknowledge it is because the premises are false.

I personally just think they are unproven like everything else here.

Last edited by BobTheCoward; Yesterday at 06:42 PM.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #3449
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Oh, jeez... After saying that the FBI is in "taters" and the "worst in history" and that he was gonna need to "rebuild" it to save the country from the outrageous scandal of having agents that don't like Trump, Trump goes to the FBI agent graduates and tells them he's "got your back 100%." Provided, of course, that you like Trump and don't donate to Democrats. Otherwise, you can't be trusted, and according to the "legal expert" Trump listens to on Fox, you should not only be fired; you should be marched out in handcuffs.
I doubt FBI agent graduates missed Trump trash-talking the FBI to ingratiate himself with some Russians - in the Oval Office. If they did miss it then something is going wrong.

Trump's trash-talking of the US and its venerable institutions has been a peculiar feature of his Presidency. All aimed at Obama, of course, but doing considerable collateral damage.

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #3450
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
I think the refusal to acknowledge it is because the premises are false.
Quite. I don't think Childlike Empress appreciates how much of that sad piece is premise rather than reasoned conclusion. What purports to be reasoning is, in fact, prefectly circular.

Quote:
I personally just think they are unproven like everything else here.
Nothing's proven, but some things are plausible and others aren't.

This :

Quote:
"... during the final year of Barack Obama's Presidency, key leaders of the intelligence and law enforcement bureaucracies conspired and collaborated to destroy Donald Trump. "
is not remotely plausible.

Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #3451
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
Quite. I don't think Childlike Empress appreciates how much of that sad piece is premise rather than reasoned conclusion. What purports to be reasoning is, in fact, prefectly circular.

Nothing's proven, but some things are plausible and others aren't.

This :

is not remotely plausible.
It is remotely possible.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM   #3452
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BobTheCoward View Post
It is remotely possible.
So is solipsism and the non-existence of an objective reality, but you won't get an interesting conversation outside the bounds of plausibility.

To my mind there's an actual paradox between the contention that FBI bias can sustain the Mueller enquiry while a grand coalition of state agencies and the sitting President was unable to prevent Trump's election. Which is what "Sic Semper Tyrannis"', and by cite and extension Childlike Empress, contend.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics