IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , bigfoot

Old 19th April 2018, 08:34 AM   #1121
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Yep. Most are locked. It's a pale comparison to its rough and tumble days of yore. Norseman seems to be the curator nowadays. Which is probably a good thing. Didn't run across DWA or Mulder. Are they still there, or ran off, or moved on?
Mulder just faded away. DWA was, as I understand it, put on hold administratively.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 08:35 AM   #1122
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Yea....I left BFRO for BFF because of the heavy moderation, which it didn't take long for BFF to follow suit. I think Mulder just went away after basically admitting he just enjoyed trolling skeptics. DWA I don't think got banned but appears to be in some sort of purgatory, after bringing back dozens of dead threads with his typical mindless post. Which inspired much of what you see today. He may be allowed to post in the premium section, I know they gave Hunster that exemption.

They've done a purge of sorts of skeptics including myself. It seems they are run by an odd mix of religious zealots and control freaks. I think Hairyman is kinda running the show, who is or was involved with the NAWACKIES....which really tells you all you need to know about the direction of BFF.

Norseman I've always liked but he seems to fallen down the rabbit hole, still think he'd be a cool dude to do some exploring with.

My overall take is Masterbarber just got tired of having to manage the site and moderators were hard to come by, so he just gave in and let the inmates run the insane asylum. I guess he's still self financing the site, in addition to monies brought in by premium memberships. It would seem most of those issue would be lessened with commercialization of the site.
Good luck with your renewed membership, what I have found is they have a very low tolerance for any real discussion, but display an almost group bi-polar behavior when they start lamenting about wanting skeptics back.
Hairyman is Kathy Strain. I doubt if I'll post much at BFF. I've never really posted much there or here. As I'm getting older, I'm losing a lot of interest in Bigfoot.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 08:41 AM   #1123
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Hairyman is Kathy Strain. I doubt if I'll post much at BFF. I've never really posted much there or here. As I'm getting older, I'm losing a lot of interest in Bigfoot.
I wouldn't be suprised once they realize your a member here you'll be history at BFF. I'm still fascinated with the myth making component, since it can be traced back to very specific time frame and events.

Last edited by Cervelo; 19th April 2018 at 08:43 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 08:49 AM   #1124
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Yea....I left BFRO for BFF because of the heavy moderation, which it didn't take long for BFF to follow suit. I think Mulder just went away after basically admitting he just enjoyed trolling skeptics. DWA I don't think got banned but appears to be in some sort of purgatory, after bringing back dozens of dead threads with his typical mindless post. Which inspired much of what you see today. He may be allowed to post in the premium section, I know they gave Hunster that exemption.

They've done a purge of sorts of skeptics including myself. It seems they are run by an odd mix of religious zealots and control freaks. I think Hairyman is kinda running the show, who is or was involved with the NAWACKIES....which really tells you all you need to know about the direction of BFF.

Norseman I've always liked but he seems to fallen down the rabbit hole, still think he'd be a cool dude to do some exploring with.

My overall take is Masterbarber just got tired of having to manage the site and moderators were hard to come by, so he just gave in and let the inmates run the insane asylum. I guess he's still self financing the site, in addition to monies brought in by premium memberships. It would seem most of those issue would be lessened with commercialization of the site.
Good luck with your renewed membership, what I have found is they have a very low tolerance for any real discussion, but display an almost group bi-polar behavior when they start lamenting about wanting skeptics back.
DWA is not active in the premium section.

I've always liked Norseman as well. Still do, of course. For some reason, we get along well. One thing I have noticed lately (since I participate in some political discussions in the premium section), is that they are all staunchly conservative. Deeply conservative. Scary conservative.

I am not a member of any political party in Canada, but I guess I would identify as holding liberal values. Also, I am very anti Trump. These two things make me stand out like a sore thumb in the premium section of the BFF. Liberals are despised by everyone there and Trump is a hero. Just by mentioning that I am pro-choice, got me accused of wishing for babies to be chopped up and sold for profit. Those folks are Trumps base. Very much so.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 10:29 AM   #1125
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
DWA is not active in the premium section.

I've always liked Norseman as well. Still do, of course. For some reason, we get along well. One thing I have noticed lately (since I participate in some political discussions in the premium section), is that they are all staunchly conservative. Deeply conservative. Scary conservative.

I am not a member of any political party in Canada, but I guess I would identify as holding liberal values. Also, I am very anti Trump. These two things make me stand out like a sore thumb in the premium section of the BFF. Liberals are despised by everyone there and Trump is a hero. Just by mentioning that I am pro-choice, got me accused of wishing for babies to be chopped up and sold for profit. Those folks are Trumps base. Very much so.
I'm very conservative as well, but I'm pro-choice and completely understand why many people feel the way they do on both sides of the abortion issue.
The extreme ends of issues like that are just that...extreme radicalized minority opinions that unfortunately dominate the U.S. social political landscape but do not IMO represent the majority of my country.
Having done business with Trump organization in my past career I'm pretty confident we made the right decision.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 03:58 PM   #1126
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Hai guyz

BFF posse is mad at me cause I don't bleeve in Paddy and I refuse to kiss Munns' ring. I'm a bad bad boy

Other than the passing 50th anniversary of the PGF, it's safe to say NOTHING has happened in FigBootery. Heck even Bob Gimlin got screwed on that one. They didn't even pass the man a microphone.

What's left other than nutters and fluffers?

Last edited by Squatchy McSquatch; 19th April 2018 at 04:00 PM.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 04:15 PM   #1127
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
It should be mentioned that there was already a local subculture of Bigfoot sightings and belief when Dahinden arrived in Canada. Of course they were calling it Sasquatch. I think this was prior to 1955.
Yes, newspaper and magazine accounts concerning the Sasquatch go back to the 1920s. They were based on certain First Nations lore about a tribe of giant Indians who lived in caves and spoke a particular local dialect (as well as possessing the power of hypnosis).

There were also the one-on odd stories such as the Ape Canyon Siege where long-eared, four-toed ape men were "encountered."

But --- the Bigfoot we have today was the outcome of a triangulation of three separate events: the photo of the Shipton Yeti track and its supporting commentary which spread the idea of a living but unknown, bipedal ape, perhaps a relict, to the English speaking world; John Green's conversion to the idea that the Sasquatch was not just Indian Lore but was real and was a Yeti-like ape (based on two white "witnesses" to the animal, both tale spinners no doubt influenced too by Yeti stories); and the sudden appearence of tracks in California, trackways appearing more than once of an unknown person or animal, that was connected by Green to the Sasquatch apes of B.C.

The tracks in California were so unusual (and never encountered before by locals), that when Sanderson first wrote about Bigfoot in California he recognized the apparent ridiculousness of the whole thing and almost apologized to his readers for indulging them. He made the case that anything could turn up in the Pacific Northwest due to its vastness and remoteness as a cover for the inherent silliness of the whole narrative.

While it's true that Patterson is remembered today and Sanderson's contributions have faded from public view, it was Dahinden, Green, and Sanderson who first promoted the idea of a bipedal-ape with a human-like big foot that got Patterson interested enough to publish a book and hoax a film.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 04:22 PM   #1128
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
Hai guyz

BFF posse is mad at me cause I don't bleeve in Paddy and I refuse to kiss Munns' ring. I'm a bad bad boy

Other than the passing 50th anniversary of the PGF, it's safe to say NOTHING has happened in FigBootery. Heck even Bob Gimlin got screwed on that one. They didn't even pass the man a microphone.

What's left other than nutters and fluffers?
Did they can you? If so I'm shocked you lasted this long! Don't worry they'll be missing you soon enough.
Old 19th April 2018, 04:26 PM   #1129
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
I remember some bigfooter making the suggestion that porcupines devour Bigfoot bones, so presumably it is hypothesised that they consume the skulls as soon as these become available. I must say I find that hard to imagine.
Well, Brian Brown at NAWAC once suggested that the reason they haven't found wood ape poo at Area X, which should be copious amounts given their assertions that several apes occupy space there, is due to the existence of tumblebugs to cart all the crap away. He may have been joking, we hope, but then again maybe not.
Old 19th April 2018, 05:04 PM   #1130
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

Did they can you? If so I'm shocked you lasted this long! Don't worry they'll be missing you soon enough.
No they took offense to something I said about Munns over here and quotemined it back over there.

We do the same thing here from time to time, so turnabout's fair play

For the record: I have a deep and longstanding interest in the PGF.

For the life of me I've never understood the connect between Munns' 6 or 7 films, and his opinion of either himself or the guy in a suit that was the PGF.

Self-worship and shooting one's self in the foot I suppose.

Bigfootery is so much more interesting than bigfoot.

btw why can't i put my avatar up on this board?

Last edited by Squatchy McSquatch; 19th April 2018 at 05:10 PM.
Squatchy McSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th April 2018, 05:57 PM   #1131
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Squatchy McSquatch View Post
For the record: I have a deep and longstanding interest in the PGF.
To each their own, I guess. I always took the PGF as an obvious and unsophisticated hoax.
Old 19th April 2018, 06:58 PM   #1132
Squatchy McSquatch
Thinker

I always saw it as a hoax too. But I'm still into it on my own level of interest.

Just like pre kayfabe wrestling. Fake but still fun
Old 19th April 2018, 09:09 PM   #1133
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Well, Brian Brown at NAWAC once suggested that the reason they haven't found wood ape poo at Area X, which should be copious amounts given their assertions that several apes occupy space there, is due to the existence of tumblebugs to cart all the crap away. He may have been joking, we hope, but then again maybe not.
The footie version of throwing **** against the wall to see if it sticks.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 08:07 AM   #1134
The Shrike
Philosopher

BFF (Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends) run off all skeptics then get nostalgic for someone to argue with other than themselves LMAO!
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/59776...’s-first-post/

Hey BFFers put on your big boy pants and join here if you balls!
Oh good heavens! From the Saskeptic archives!

All these years later and I'd submit pretty much the same essay for their consideration: I love the idea of bigfoot and I enjoy scrutinizing claims of bigfoot evidence, but on its absence from the fossil record alone I'm convinced there's no such thing.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 08:20 AM   #1135
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kali1137 View Post
Gives me flashbacks of deer pellet counts where you couldn't go around the Mountain Laurel but instead had to go through it.
I used to do mountainside transects emanating from whatever stream/bog was in the ravine. That meant that I'd slog through the water in my hip waders, and then walk a transect upslope in said hip waders. There are multiple occasions in which I attempted to crowd-surf the rhodo and laurel. It was a slow, bruising climb through those patches!
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 08:48 AM   #1136
kali1137
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
I used to do mountainside transects emanating from whatever stream/bog was in the ravine. That meant that I'd slog through the water in my hip waders, and then walk a transect upslope in said hip waders. There are multiple occasions in which I attempted to crowd-surf the rhodo and laurel. It was a slow, bruising climb through those patches!
Ahhh yes, the rhoddys were bad too. But Laurel is the state flower here so we had to be extra gentle with them. The rhodo's I could angry tangle with. There are some wild claims about bigfoot in my neck of the woods too. So much so that one of our more out of the way bar/restaurants has a large footie sign that you can take your picture with. I can't tell you how many times I have pointed out that in all our wildlife/woodland projects we never saw any evidence of a footie. And our area takes it's hunting very seriously so one would have been shot long before now if it existed here. I am going to try and dig up the news report that was done here awhile back that shows our local nutters.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 09:31 AM   #1137
Aqua
Student

but on its absence from the fossil record alone I'm convinced there's no such thing.

Be careful now with such brutal truths; hiflier might just get the urge to send you an insulting email.
Aqua is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 12:59 PM   #1138
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

What is it about fringe believers who think this kind of behavior is okay? I've had paranormal enthusiasts track my physical location down so they could convince me in person that their particular nutbar belief was real. Creepy as ****.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 01:47 PM   #1139
Pterodactyl
Graduate Poster

Flushin' grouse I bet.
Pterodactyl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 02:07 PM   #1140
dmaker
Graduate Poster

Oh good heavens! From the Saskeptic archives!

All these years later and I'd submit pretty much the same essay for their consideration: I love the idea of bigfoot and I enjoy scrutinizing claims of bigfoot evidence, but on its absence from the fossil record alone I'm convinced there's no such thing.
Comments like that are not helping get to the bottom of the mystery. Another common footer retort.

Apparently acknowledging there is no mystery is not a viable option.

Last edited by dmaker; 20th April 2018 at 02:08 PM.
Old 20th April 2018, 03:16 PM   #1141
kali1137
Master Poster

https://www.travelchannel.com/videos...nesses-0194283

I especially like the bigfoot "call"........lol.
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th April 2018, 06:46 PM   #1142
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywayne
Meldrum vs. the Shrike (Saskeptic). Article by Meldrum, various responses by the Shrike, Meldrum, and others. The Shrike makes some good points (generally), as does Meldrum (specifically concerning the midtarsal break).
Generally huh? Really? Just can't ******* help yourself playing both sides against the middle?! Innate ability? I've known way too many people like that and it's a ******* pathetic way to live.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2018, 11:55 AM   #1143
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pterodactyl View Post
Flushin' grouse I bet.
Hardly. My clumsy crashing though the laurel usually gave the grouse ample notice to quietly saunter away, sans flush. On one memorably easier climb, however, my right foot was coming down <1m to a hen turkey on the nest. I'm still a bit jittery from that encounter.
Old 21st April 2018, 12:22 PM   #1144
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Generally huh?
Ugh. I'm wondering what Meldrum's specifically good point about the MTB was? Was it his No True Scotsman interpretation of Tube's work that shows a mid-tarsal pressure ridge created by flat, inflexible foot prosthetics? Was it his giddy celebration after I was doxxed at that site?

So long as the score is bigfoot __, no bigfoot X, I remain fully confident that the score is also Shrike X, Meldrum __.
Old 21st April 2018, 05:17 PM   #1145
Aqua
Student

Tube’s re-creation is not worth addressing if our top primatologists and anthropologists out in the field at that time didn’t have knowledge of primate mid-foot flexibility.

Based on that, I would say that the mid-foot flexibility of that track is actually a good argument for the existence of an unclassified primate North America at the time. Of course, that doesn’t make it proof.

Last edited by Aqua; 21st April 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Aqua is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st April 2018, 05:21 PM   #1146
Aqua
Student

Most good arguments for the existence of Bigfoot are not this simple and straightforward. They’re more complicated and prone to faulty dismissals by biased individuals focusing only on narrow aspects of a larger picture.
Old 21st April 2018, 08:26 PM   #1147
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
Tube’s re-creation is not worth addressing if our top primatologists and anthropologists out in the field at that time didn’t have knowledge of primate mid-foot flexibility.

Based on that, I would say that the mid-foot flexibility of that track is actually a good argument for the existence of an unclassified primate North America at the time. Of course, that doesn’t make it proof.
The fact is there is no bigfoot anything anywhere by which we could make an objective assessment as to physiology. This is not a philosophical discussion, an appraisal of the properties of navel lint; a real life examination of bigfoot mythos clearly demonstrates there are no reliable observational data as to this alleged creature and no credible location where independent evaluation might be made. The null hypothesis remains, as it should, despite prevarication, misdirection and sleight of hand.

WS
Old 21st April 2018, 08:29 PM   #1148
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Most good arguments for the existence of Bigfoot are not this simple and straightforward. They’re more complicated and prone to faulty dismissals by biased individuals focusing only on narrow aspects of a larger picture.
The large picture is there is no bigfoot anything anywhere. This is a picture that vexes bigfoot enthusiasts and one which they cannot dispute, dismiss or counter. They may pretend, which is where they excel, but they cannot demonstrate.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 21st April 2018 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 21st April 2018, 09:16 PM   #1149
Aqua
Student

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
The fact is there is no bigfoot anything anywhere by which we could make an objective assessment as to physiology.
Like a foot itself, a legitimate/non-hoaxed print is an observation that allows for an assessment of a primate’s physiological characteristics. If like many here, you’re not willing to accept anything that’s short of being entirely convincing for fear of losing comfort, then there’s nothing worth debating here. From what I can tell now, you’ll try hard to dismiss it for the purpose of upholding belief to maintain comfort.
Old 21st April 2018, 09:27 PM   #1150
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Like a foot itself, a legitimate/non-hoaxed print is an observation that allows for an assessment of a primate’s physiological characteristics. If like many here, you’re not willing to accept anything that’s short of being entirely convincing for fear of losing comfort, then there’s nothing worth debating here. From what I can tell now, you’ll try hard to dismiss it for the purpose of upholding belief to maintain comfort.
You sound familiar . . .

Anyway, I'm perfectly comfortable and willing to accept bigfoot. Got one? Know where you can get one? No?

Of course you don't and of course you can't. No one can. No one has any verifiable footie footprints either. All the misdirection in the world cannot change that fact. Existence is demonstrable, but footers cannot demonstrate, which is why they rely on misdirection and prevarication. There is nothing worth debating here because the null hypothesis stands and footers can do nothing to change that.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 21st April 2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 22nd April 2018, 04:53 AM   #1151
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

There are no good arguments for Bigfoot, and it is simple, there is no evidence Bigfoot does or ever existed. The only complicated thing about Bigfoot is the imagined BS deluded footers come up with to support their magic monkey man.
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:14 AM   #1152
The Shrike
Philosopher

???

I think you misunderstand.

What Tube demonstrated was that a crude, *rigid* form attached to his shoes left footprints with a midfoot pressure ridge. In other words, the defining feature of putative bigfoot footprints on which Meldrum bases his entire Anthropoidipes hypothesis does NOT require a foot with a so-called mid-tarsal break. The forefoot flexibility of Tube’s human feet on forms he attached to his shoes created the illusion of that flexibility in the midfoot of the resulting footprints.

Thus, to create bigfoot footprints with Meldrum’s tell-tale midfoot pressure ridge, one need not be a primatologist or podiatrist who happens to subscribe to Meldrum’s own just-so story of adaptationist evolutionary drivel. One need only be a bloke who straps rigid cut-outs of bigfoot feet onto his shoes and goes walking around in some soft substrate. The simplest and most obvious (though not the only!) way to hoax bigfoot prints is sufficient refutation of Meldrum’s entire career in bigfootery.
Old 22nd April 2018, 10:54 AM   #1153
Aqua
Student

In the demonstration, Tube used semi-rigid plastic foam with the goal of seeing if he can replicate mid-foot flexibility. Given that none of his prints display the physiologically accurate pressure ridge seen in the Laverty photo, I find it extremely unlikely that a hoaxer would have been able to create what we see in the photo without an intentional effort to do so

It’s possible that one could replicate it with enough effort, but I don’t see it being made with Tube’s stomper method or without the intent of creating mid-foot flexibility

Last edited by Aqua; 22nd April 2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 22nd April 2018, 11:10 AM   #1154
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Obvious hoax....unless of course you believe Patty wore shoes all her life and decide to go barefoot for her movie debut.
Old 23rd April 2018, 03:48 AM   #1155
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

You can see mid-tarsal break prints all over any beach, though.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd April 2018, 06:28 AM   #1156
The Shrike
Philosopher

...Tube used semi-rigid plastic foam with the goal of seeing if he can replicate mid-foot flexibility. Given that none of his prints display the physiologically accurate pressure ridge seen in the Laverty photo, ...
Well, that given is neither given, offered, nor taken. For starters, Tube demonstrated a variety of pressure ridges from his forms; for finishers, it is ludicrous to proclaim the Laverty photo as somehow indicative of the definitive and accurate anatomy of a putative bigfoot foot when a) there was great variability in the prints at Bluff Creek and b) there's no physical bigfoot foot to which they could be compared.
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:14 PM   #1157
rockinkt
Master Poster

As Shrike pointed out above - there is no actual Bigfoot print to discuss. Period.

There are marks on the ground of unknown origin that people like Meldrum (and Krantz before him) like to spin yarns about with wildly speculative musings that assume A (A bigfoot made them) then merrily go from B to C to D as if it were somehow a scientific progression when the original assumption - that it was the footprint of a living breathing unknown creature that made the mark in the ground - is entirely baseless, thus rendering any conclusion totally spurious.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt

Last edited by rockinkt; 23rd April 2018 at 09:18 PM.
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2018, 11:50 AM   #1158
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Ugh. I'm wondering what Meldrum's specifically good point about the MTB was? Was it his No True Scotsman interpretation of Tube's work that shows a mid-tarsal pressure ridge created by flat, inflexible foot prosthetics? Was it his giddy celebration after I was doxxed at that site?

So long as the score is bigfoot __, no bigfoot X, I remain fully confident that the score is also Shrike X, Meldrum __.
It's perpetually funny. Every time you say (write) anything about Meldrum you absolutely eviscerate him (or his lunacy). That's the new term nowadays, eviscerate. The fact he's only barely responded to you and only in a setting that he oversees once again proves his dubious intent considering he's always been free to come here and discuss Bigfoot all he wants. We're not a bunch of anthropology experts most likely, but I bet we can keep up with a Don Meldrum.

Well, that given is neither given, offered, nor taken. For starters, Tube demonstrated a variety of pressure ridges from his forms; for finishers, it is ludicrous to proclaim the Laverty photo as somehow indicative of the definitive and accurate anatomy of a putative bigfoot foot when a) there was great variability in the prints at Bluff Creek and b) there's no physical bigfoot foot to which they could be compared.
That's absolute pith. The matter is now closed.

Originally Posted by rockinkt View Post
As Shrike pointed out above - there is no actual Bigfoot print to discuss. Period.

There are marks on the ground of unknown origin that people like Meldrum (and Krantz before him) like to spin yarns about with wildly speculative musings that assume A (A bigfoot made them) then merrily go from B to C to D as if it were somehow a scientific progression when the original assumption - that it was the footprint of a living breathing unknown creature that made the mark in the ground - is entirely baseless, thus rendering any conclusion totally spurious.
More pith. There is a real reason Meldrum doesn't come here. He doesn't want to learn first-hand what else the term eviscerate can mean.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th April 2018, 01:23 PM   #1159
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Where's bigfoot?
Mid-tarsal break.

Where's bigfoot?
Stick structures

Where's bigfoot?
PGF.

Where's bigfoot.
Elbe trackway . . . wait.

Where's bigfoot?
Skookum cast . . . wait.

Where's bigfoot?
Dr. Melba Ketchum (DVM) . . . wait.

Where's bigfoot?
Prof Sykes . . . wait.

Where's bigfoot?
NAWAC . . . wait.

Where's bigfoot?
. . . Nowhere.

WS
Old 24th April 2018, 01:29 PM   #1160
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
It's a platonic big foot.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal