ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political speculation , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections

Old 19th May 2017, 12:25 PM   #1
Bob001
Philosopher

White House adviser is subject of interest...

Quote:
The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest,....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.1d155d94ef4e
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 12:31 PM   #2
Tony Stark
Philosopher

I hope it is Jared Kushner.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 12:58 PM   #3
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
It'll probably be Bannon. He's the type of ethno-nationalist they like to finance and help in other countries.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 01:00 PM   #4
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Let's party like it's 1974..........

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 01:01 PM   #5
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
It'll probably be Bannon. He's the type of ethno-nationalist they like to finance and help in other countries.
My money is on Miller.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 01:04 PM   #6
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Nah. Drumpf's family will be enough disgraced when this all is over.

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post

My money is on Bannon too. Can't we make a betting pool out of this?

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 01:06 PM   #7
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Old 19th May 2017, 01:07 PM   #8
Stacko
Philosopher

My money is on Miller.
You're right better choice. He's been there since go. That also puts Sessions in a bad spot.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 01:08 PM   #9
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, like it's just one.
Old 19th May 2017, 01:17 PM   #10
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, like it's just one.
Old 19th May 2017, 01:34 PM   #11
mgidm86
Illuminator

There is a thread for this.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=317528
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 01:41 PM   #12
Stacko
Philosopher

IVANKA: Daddy, you can't throw Jared under the bus!
TRUMP. There are other men, dear
IVANKA: Disgusting!
TRUMP: I meant that Trudeau fellow.

Old 19th May 2017, 01:43 PM   #13
zorro99
Muse

Things seem to be unraveling very quickly. My money is on Miller
Old 19th May 2017, 02:26 PM   #14
zorro99
Muse

And whoever these russophilias are, I wish they would do us all a favor and move there. I'll help them pack!
Old 19th May 2017, 02:32 PM   #15
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump, of course, fits the description of "current White House official".
Old 19th May 2017, 02:42 PM   #16
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

While I'm sure they are interested in a White House official, I wonder if this little leak to the press may also be intended to sow a little paranoia inside the White House? It is a long used tactic of law enforcement to get the rats to turn on each other.
Old 19th May 2017, 02:49 PM   #17
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
While I'm sure they are interested in a White House official, I wonder if this little leak to the press may also be intended to sow a little paranoia inside the White House? It is a long used tactic of law enforcement to get the rats to turn on each other.
That could be why they used the very vague term, "person of interest."
Old 19th May 2017, 02:50 PM   #18
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Your lucky day:

Quote:
A New York Magazine reporter tweeted that he’s confirmed with four people that the “significant person of interest” in question is Jared Kushner.
http://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-tol...mey-1795382865
TraneWreck is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 02:53 PM   #19
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

That could be why they used the very vague term, "person of interest."
Remember people, the first one to play ball gets immunity and book deals, the second gets to be Bubba's bitch.
Old 19th May 2017, 02:57 PM   #20
JPK
Graduate Poster

Good afternoon. My guess is Jared. He has already got caught not disclosing his meetings with Russian. It's him. The interesting thing to watch is how Trump will react when his kids start to get implicated in this. I keep hearing how Trump is so loyal to his people but I've never understood why that impression is out there. The turn over rate in his administration is horrible. He couldn't run a convenient store with this kind of turn over.
I have little doubt Trump would throw his own kids under the bus to save his own hide. I also have little doubt that his supporters will find a way to rationalize it.
John Kardel
JPK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 02:59 PM   #21
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Donnie has got to be worried about who the Sammy The Bull Gravalino will be in this case...

Robert Heinlein.
Old 19th May 2017, 03:44 PM   #22
Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)

Who will solve peace between Israel and Palestine now?
Old 19th May 2017, 04:02 PM   #23
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Well, this will freak out Ivanka, which will send Trump into fits.

Trying to think of the downside...

I got nuthin.
Old 19th May 2017, 04:30 PM   #24
JPK
Graduate Poster

Good evening Regnad Kcin
Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Well, this will freak out Ivanka, which will send Trump into fits.

Trying to think of the downside...

I got nuthin.
I suspect Melania and Trump are on opposite sides of Air Force One, with security between them. Trump has a history of getting violent with a previous wife when he was having a bad day. That's why I think his wife is keeping herself and their kid away from the White House. He is under the most pressure of his life right now and he isn't handling it very well.
Just my guess.
John Kardel

Last edited by JPK; 19th May 2017 at 04:31 PM.
JPK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 04:39 PM   #25
JPK
Graduate Poster

Is Jared and Ivanka on Air Force One at the moment?

Should have googled.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/iv...rticle/2623624

That's got to be one fun trip.
John Kardel

Last edited by JPK; 19th May 2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 19th May 2017, 04:40 PM   #26
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JPK View Post
Is Jared and Ivanka on Air Force One at the moment?
Yes.
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 04:53 PM   #27
JPK
Graduate Poster

I wonder if the pilot will have to say...".If you don't behave ill turn this plane right around"

Or if Trump just has him take the plane to Russia and ask for asylum.
John Kardel
Old 19th May 2017, 04:53 PM   #28
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Yes.
Did they bring Trump's binky? He'll need his binky.

Tom McGuane
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 04:54 PM   #29
Stacko
Philosopher

Jared just deleted all his tweets.
Old 19th May 2017, 04:56 PM   #30
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Kushner being guilty of something may explain why he urged Trump to fire Comey.
Old 19th May 2017, 05:05 PM   #31
JPK
Graduate Poster

MSNBC just said that the person of interest is directly related to the Russian Collusion investigation.
John Kardel
Old 19th May 2017, 05:07 PM   #32
JPK
Graduate Poster

Good evening Stacko
What do you mean? It says he hasn't tweeted yet. :-)
I'm sure the FBI is completely unable to recover that.
I wonder if he colluded with Hillary to see how to delete things?
John Kardel
Old 19th May 2017, 05:09 PM   #33
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I wonder if the pilot will have to say...".If you don't behave ill turn this plane right around"

Or if Trump just has him take the plane to Russia and ask for asylum.
Maybe security can drag Trump off the plane by his feet.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 05:18 PM   #34
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Good evening Stacko

What do you mean? It says he hasn't tweeted yet. :-)
I'm sure the FBI is completely unable to recover that.
I wonder if he colluded with Hillary to see how to delete things?

Slow your roll, both of you.

If what I just found is accurate...

This was a blown up mistaken story back in March as well.

Oddly... the dude just doesn't tweet.
He seems to have posted all of twice when the account was new, then deleted those back then. All the followers are just waiting for an alert... he doesn't converse with Twitter.

Smart kid.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 05:22 PM   #35
JPK
Graduate Poster

Good evening Jim_MDP
Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post

He seems to have posted all of twice when the account was new, then deleted those back then. All the followers are just waiting for an alert... he doesn't converse with Twitter.

Smart kid.
Party pooper. :-) It's certainly seems that you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out.
John Kardel
Old 19th May 2017, 05:25 PM   #36
Babbylonian
Philosopher

Kushner being guilty of something may explain why he urged Trump to fire Comey.
This has got to slow down. My brain is going too long with too little blood.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 05:26 PM   #37
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Good evening Jim_MDP

Party pooper. :-) It's certainly seems that you are correct. Thanks for pointing that out.

Party pooper indeed, and I'm sorry for it. Would be a juicy twist if true.

I'm wondering if the smartest adult Trump sprog isn't Eric.
Didn't he just want a simple, quiet life running the upstate NY winery?

Bet that sounds pretty sweet right about now.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 19th May 2017 at 05:29 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2017, 05:29 PM   #38
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Party pooper indeed, and I'm sorry for it. Would be a juicy twist if true.

I'm wondering if the smartest adult Trump sprog isn't Eric.
Didn't he just want a simple, quiet life running the winery?

Bet that sounds pretty sweet right about now.
The jokes was Trump put him in charge of solving pretty much every single problem.
Old 19th May 2017, 05:32 PM   #39
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

If he just deleted them it is way too late because they already have those.
Old 19th May 2017, 06:08 PM   #40
ddt
Mafia Penguin

Smart kid.
It seems you're right. I checked on the Wayback Machine until start this year and wondered why his number of followers rose from 31K to 44K. At least I now know how to spell "followers" in a dozen languages.

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people." - "Saint" Teresa, the lying thieving Albanian dwarf
ddt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics